PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Peninsula Hotel

Rosie1958
26th April 2014, 09:53
Having holidayed in the Indian Ocean area for the past couple of years, I’m now going back to the much loved Far East this summer and visiting Hong Kong and Bali.

I’ve been to Hong Kong numerous times (and indeed lived there) but never stayed in the oldest and most famous hotel in Hong Kong, so have a few nights booked at the Peninsula in Kowloon. Has anyone stayed there? I usually go for modern contemporary hotels so this is completely off track for me but really looking forward to it! :Jump::Jump:

stevewool
26th April 2014, 10:12
wow, sounds exciting this year for you Rosie, never stayed there, stood outside though

Michael Parnham
26th April 2014, 10:31
Wonderful place Rosie as you well know, enjoy! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th April 2014, 14:46
I just assumed you'd have to be a millionaire. :cwm24:

Being a mere peasant, I lived around the corner at 'Travellers' Hostel' on Nathan Road. :icon_lol:

I have bought a REAL Louis Vuitton handbag from the shop in the Peninsula foyer though. :cwm25:

jake
26th April 2014, 15:44
I spent a free night there in 1994 or 1995. The only problem was we were working setting up the stage for the opening night after party of The Phantom of the opera :cwm3:
Hope you have a great time.

jake
26th April 2014, 15:50
I just assumed you'd have to be a millionaire. :cwm24:

Being a mere peasant, I lived around the corner at 'Travellers' Hostel' on Nathan Road. :icon_lol:

I have bought a REAL Louis Vuitton handbag from the shop in the Peninsula foyer though. :cwm25:

:icon_lol:
A trip down memory lane. Never did try and buy anything at Louis Vuitton but i remember it being popular with the chungking mob. What percentage did you get from the guy taking them to Japan?

The entrance to your hotel!

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/megansco/IMG_4318_zps305b796c.jpg

grahamw48
26th April 2014, 16:36
Haha...you've rumbled me Jake. :icon_lol:

A percentage on what we managed to buy. :biggrin:

I think it was about 10% or less.

What a crazy world. :anerikke:

Rosie1958
27th April 2014, 06:28

Oh no .......! I didn't realise they had a shop at the hotel, I am going to find it a real challenge staying out of it! :doh I bought my very first real Louis Vitton handbag when I last visited Kowloon in 2003, I have a nice little collection now so I've had to tell my self no more but it's going to be a struggle :Cuckoo:

I spent a free night there in 1994 or 1995. The only problem was we were working setting up the stage for the opening night after party of The Phantom of the opera :cwm3:
Hope you have a great time.

Thank you Jake, your trip sounds interesting!