PDA

View Full Version : This is Mizel. I am looking for filipino friends

andyg
22nd April 2014, 00:57
Hi, :Hellooo::Hellooo:

I have been in the UK since November 2013 and I could really do with making some filipino friends. It doesn't matter where you are in the UK - though near to Hampshire would be good. I just want some nice friends I can chat to and hopefully meet up with. :Hellooo::Hellooo:

andyg
24th April 2014, 18:19
Now I know, snob jud d.i ning mga Pinay dri sa UK.Ok lang way friends dri wue. I tried hard pero lisud sad kaayo mamugos ta bsag maka meet pata face to face sa Tesco, hilason kaayo molingiw lang murag wala ka kita isig ka Filipino nila.

ynwa
2nd May 2014, 14:24
Hi Mizel, hope you've settled well in England. I learn to keep myself to myself. :smile:

Michael Parnham
2nd May 2014, 15:45
Now I know, snob jud d.i ning mga Pinay dri sa UK.Ok lang way friends dri wue. I tried hard pero lisud sad kaayo mamugos ta bsag maka meet pata face to face sa Tesco, hilason kaayo molingiw lang murag wala ka kita isig ka Filipino nila.

Aw, bless you!! In ana sad ako gibati day but nisabot rako ky di man ko klaro na pinay....ako mu 2 years nako diri I met a lot of pinay but di ko ganahan sa ila batasan mao gipili ra nako ako masuod....we are not supposed to use our own dialect on this forum otherwise Keith will be angry with us hehehe.

Maritess (Mikes wifey) x

andyg
2nd May 2014, 18:31
Thanks Tess,

For 5 months I've been here. I'm starting to feel lonely not having friends to talk with. My heart is so eager to make friends especially when I see Filipinas in Tescos and know that feeling that maybe they want to make friends too. And also when we go to town, I see lots of them but it's always an upsetting gesture I get, either a sign of rejection, turn their heads away and not exchanging smiles with you.

To those who are doing the same, it's a shame to sly away from our own countrymen and forget the kindness and hospitality that we are well known for. It hurts, but it's happening here and understanding is only we can give. For now, I rest my heart looking but thanks very much for taking time to reply me here. I was very happy when I finally got 2 replies from this post which has been 2 weeks old I guess..

Yep, my hubby said I am not supposed to use our dialect and I'm very sorry for that. But at one point that day when I encountered that snob Filipina, I was so down and blown away by the incident that I expressed my feelings by writing it in this forum.

I must admit I miss our open neighbors back in the Phils while here. With the length of time I've been here, I do not know even one neighbour from where I live. I only have my husband and husband's family to talk to but now will just take it as it is.

Maybe in time I'll meet her one day...

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me to hear from you Tess xx

I'm Mizel from Southampton
(Andrew's my husband)
:smile::Hellooo:

andyg
2nd May 2014, 18:38
Hi Ynwa,

I'm adjusted to the reality of life here and like you will keep it that way too

Hmmm, hard to say though, but I'm still positive will make one day. I'm only here for 5 months. I will keep my patience.

Thank you for writing!

Kumusta lang ko sad xxx
:smile:

sheriel
2nd May 2014, 18:49
Young lady, you will find that England is not the same as the Philippines for hospitality [getting together]. I hope you find a good friend soon, a Filipina, but I will say again our culture is not the same as the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd May 2014, 19:58
Hi Ynwa,

Hmmm, hard to say though, but I'm still positive will make one one day. I'm only here for 5 months. I will keep my patience.

Thank you for writing!

Kumusta lang ko sad xxx

My wife was just the same as you when she first came to UK. She was so seriously looking around and listening carefully for her own language.

Based on her experience my wife found that approaching folks randomly can have a tendency to lead to 'local circle' rivalries and gossiping.

I think it's better if you can try to find a Filipino Organisation and get to attend some local events/meetings etc. I'm sure there must be some in your area. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
2nd May 2014, 20:17
I really sympathise with you Mizel, I'm sure it is difficult and sometimes lonely for you, I also found it tough when I lived in the Philippines in a small fishing village with no Brits for miles...

My wife who has now been here for 8 years has no real Filipino friends, there are a few she says 'Hi' to in town, but otherwise they are all Brits. She has met them through work so maybe that is something you could explore.

Anyway, chin up, your personality comes across really well in your written words so I'm sure you will soon have plenty of friends... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
2nd May 2014, 20:20
Thanks Tess,

For 5 months I've been here. I'm starting to feel lonely not having friends to talk with. My heart is so eager to make friends especially when I see Filipinas in Tescos and know that feeling that maybe they want to make friends too. And also when we go to town, I see lots of them but it's always an upsetting gesture I get, either a sign of rejection, turn their heads away and not exchanging smiles with you.

To those who are doing the same, it's a shame to sly away from our own countrymen and forget the kindness and hospitality that we are well known for. It hurts but it's happening here and understanding is only we can give. For now I rest my heart looking but thanks very much for taking time to reply to me here. I was very happy when I finally got 2 replies from this post which has been 2 weeks old I guess..

Yep, my hubby said I am not supposed to use our dialect and I'm very sorry for that. But at one point that day when I encountered that snob Filipina I was down and blown away by the incident that I expressed my feelings by writing it in this forum.

I must admit I miss our open neighbors back in the Phils while here. With the length of time I've been here I do not know even one neighbour from where I live. I only have my husband and husband's family to talk to but now will just take it as it is.

Maybe in time i'll meet her one day...

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me to hear from you Tess xx
I'm Mizel from Southampton
(Andrew's my husband)
:smile::Hellooo:

Hi Mizal, this is Michael, Maritess's husband. What island are you from? Maritess is from Siquijor and she's just asked me if you've got a facebook a/c. If you have, just type in Maritess Parnham! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jlags90
2nd May 2014, 21:18
Don't worry, you will find some good ones in time. It took me quite a while to find Filipinas where I live and it could be lonely at times. I found some good friends here in the forum and we keep in touch and meet up once in a blue moon.

Michael Parnham
3rd May 2014, 07:34
Thank you for the rep Mizel! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ynwa
5th May 2014, 15:20
That's the spirit. One day you will find friends especially when you start working. I get along well with my English mates as I see them every day. For now, relax and enjoy.

Whereabouts in Pinas are you from? I'm from the land of The Chocolate Hills.

Hi Ynwa,

Hmmm, hard to say though, but I'm still positive will make one day. I'm only here for 5 months. I will keep my patience.

Thank you for writing!

Kumusta lang ko sad xxx

Mret77
5th October 2014, 00:28
Hi Mizel,

Same here! I been living here in Coulsdon, Surrey for 8 years now and I find it difficult to make friends. You speak Visayan, where do you come from in the Philippines? I'm from Bohol. To be friends with you would be lovely.

All the best.

Michael Parnham
5th October 2014, 06:23
Hi Mizel,

Same here! I been living here in Coulsdon, Surrey for 8 years now and I find it difficult to make friends. You speak Visayan, where do you come from in the Philippines? I'm from Bohol. To be friends with you would be lovely.

All the best.

My Maritess has been here two and a half years and made a couple of friends on this Forum but locally, there is only one Filipina, she's not come across anyone local who speaks Visayan! :Erm:

Mret77
5th October 2014, 08:37
I did have 4 locals, we were good getting together sometime either at their place or at mine then maybe about 2 years ago now, they all just simply disappeared. They seemed not to bother with me any more. I put in a lot of effort because they didn't answer phone or text so I even tried knocking their doors.

I am just upset, it's so mean. I even left a note that I'd been there, but no response. Since then I've given up. I still have some good friends but they live 200 miles away. We only get together on kids birthdays. I think I need to keep looking. I missed those some weekends laugh after laughters.

gem12
19th October 2014, 18:26
Hi Mizel,
Hope you are well, I would have love to meet up with you if only we're not way away from each other. I myself is also dying to meet up with some of our kababayan around where I live. :smile:

andyg
22nd October 2014, 00:56
Hello Gem12,

I apologize for my late reply. I'm good and thanks. I asked my hubby to look for your place last night and found out that we aren't actually very far from each other. From where I live it would take 2 hours maximum getting there @ (Long Buckby).I'm very happy you messaged me and hopefully if you would like to meet up with me one day I'm good, as until now, I wasn't blessed to find my first Filipina friend in this country.

I've been here for 11 months now and still waiting patiently :smile::smile::smile:. Maybe we have a good chance at becoming friends. I would take that chance, as getting used to not having a friend here is really not nice at all.

I'm on FB
Mizel Abad

andyg
22nd October 2014, 01:03
Hi friend Mret77,

Hehehehe we can be friends now right away :smile::smile::smile:.Thank you for writing.

I'm from Cebu, I've been living here for 11 months only - my first year in the UK this coming Nov. 6.

I live in Southampton. Hope to be friends with you too.

Mizel Abad on Fb
Thank you!

Michael Parnham
22nd October 2014, 08:02
Hello Gem12,

I apologize for my late reply. I'm good and thanks. I asked my hubby to look for your place last night and found out that we aren't actually very far from each other. From where I live it would take 2 hours maximum getting there @ (Long Buckby).I'm very happy you messaged me and hopefully if you would like to meet up with me one day I'm good, as until now, I wasn't blessed to find my first Filipina friend in this country.

I've been here for 11 months now and still waiting patiently :smile::smile::smile:. Maybe we have a good chance at becoming friends. I would take that chance, as getting used to not having a friend here is really not nice at all.

I'm on FB
Mizel Abad

Did you ever go on Maritess FB Mizal?:Erm:

Anne2014
22nd October 2014, 08:33
I feel you, Mizel. I, too, am new here in the UK. Three weeks to be precise. I also bumped to few Filipinos at shopping centres and tried smiling the best way I could. However, even back home in the Philippines, I tend to smile to someone looks familiar and didn't smile back. That somebody might find me weird. (I don't have 20/20 vision, you know :crazy: -- a compensatory mechanism for me to keep me from being ashamed of myself :wink:) Bottom line, it is best to understand that we have different cultures and practices. Just try to think that snobbish Filipina is only having a hard time at work or struggling from something.

You deserve better. I'm Anne from Gloucester, by the way. :Wave:

Michael Parnham
22nd October 2014, 09:13
I feel you, Mizel. I, too, am new here in the UK. Three weeks to be precise. I also bumped to few Filipinos at shopping centres and tried smiling the best way I could. However, even back home in the Philippines, I tend to smile to someone looks familiar and didn't smile back. That somebody might find me weird. (I don't have 20/20 vision, you know :crazy: -- a compensatory mechanism for me to keep me from being ashamed of myself :wink:) Bottom line, it is best to understand that we have different cultures and practices. Just try to think that snobbish Filipina is only having a hard time at work or struggling from something.

You deserve better. I'm Anne from Gloucester, by the way. :Wave:

What part of Philippines are you from Anne?:Erm:

andyg
22nd October 2014, 09:25
I did and messaged her too but got no reply. That's ok,

Michael Parnham
22nd October 2014, 09:27
I did and messaged her too but got no reply. That's ok,

PM me your FB please Mizal! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
23rd October 2014, 14:14
What part of Philippines are you from Anne?:Erm: