PDA

View Full Version : Another Brit wiped out in the Philippines

tiger31
21st April 2014, 03:55
http://shar.es/TwyjU always remember one golden rule never argue with a philippino when they are drunk as it always ends badly .They never think about their actions until its too late.

fred
21st April 2014, 04:26
Drunk?

I dont argue with them when they are sober!!

tiger31
21st April 2014, 05:04
Drunk?
I dont argue with them when they are sober!!

lol

chrisincebu
21st April 2014, 06:13
It's really bad. He was a friend of my wife and myself, more so my wife as he used to be a divemaster in the same resort she worked at in Malapascua for a long time. He was only in his mid thirties and last time we saw him a few months back, he had just opened up his own dive resort there. A really nice, easy going guy. There could well be more to this incident than what the small news snippet shows, as Malapascua is considered quite a 'peaceful' place.

joebloggs
21st April 2014, 07:49
a bit more info here .. :NoNo:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2014/04/20/brit-gunned-down-malapascua-island-339008

stevewool
21st April 2014, 08:27
live in peace and enjoy life and keep your nose to the ground

grahamw48
21st April 2014, 09:37
A very sad story.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I don't think most of us need to be reminded about the dangers of arguing with a drunk man in possession of a loaded firearm though.

gWaPito
21st April 2014, 10:39
http://shar.es/TwyjU always remember one golden rule never argue with a philippino when they are drunk as it always ends badly .They never think about their actions until its too late.

It seems as if you dont question your employee if he's late for work either :cwm25: Some ungrateful people out there. I remember when we had our water store, Gemma employed local labour ...some of which had never worked in their lives. You would of thought much gratitude would of been bestowed upon us...Not a chance. They stole from us...contantly asking for advance advance advance!!!!
In the end she had to get rid of them ..only being able to trust a sister a cousin and her parents...The saying goes, you can lead a camel to water :NoNo::doh:cwm23:

That was our experience...I'm not saying it's the same for everybody :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
21st April 2014, 11:03
A very sad story.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I don't think most of need to be reminded about the dangers of arguing with a drunk man in possession of a loaded firearm though.
well it does,nt seem to be getting through to some people as he has found to his cost, he,s not the first and won,t be the last to get the bullet. I was actually told not to get into any trouble when in company of Filipino men while they are drinking by somebody in the UK. That,s before I even set foot in the place.

stevewool
21st April 2014, 11:25
best is not to drink beer at all, nothing better then a cup of tea with a biscuit just my thoughts,

Michael Parnham
21st April 2014, 11:27
best is not to drink beer at all, nothing better then a cup of tea with a biscuit just my thoughts,

Ha Ha my favourite, keeps you out of trouble! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
21st April 2014, 12:27
Ha Ha my favourite, keeps you out of trouble! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, me too a nice cup of Earl Grey, but I can never bloody find the stuff lol. But I did find McVities chocolate digestives to dunk in the tea when I found it lol

stevewool
21st April 2014, 12:49
Yes, me too a nice cup of Earl Grey, but I can never bloody find the stuff lol. But I did find McVities chocolate digestives to dunk in the tea when I found it lol

and what was the cost of these little dippers Brian

imagine
21st April 2014, 13:29

Had no problem finding Earl Grey :biggrin:

grahamw48
21st April 2014, 14:49

I'll also drink to those scattered crumbs of wisdom Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
21st April 2014, 15:19
and what was the cost of these little dippers Brian

85 pesos for a small packet but when you open the packet they are stuck together like super glue lol when you try to prize them apart they fall to peices lol

stevewool
21st April 2014, 15:29
not a bad price, i will always think of you when i am dunking my biscuits from now on Brian :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
21st April 2014, 16:39
I'll also drink to those scattered crumbs of wisdom Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:gp: ... and me! :40__s:Cheers!

bigmarco
21st April 2014, 17:28
That's quite sad reading actually.:NoNo:

Judging by Gwapito's experience you're probably best sticking with with family and friends although I'm sure there's one or two horror stories to be told about this as well.

Michael Parnham
21st April 2014, 22:09
Milk chocolate digestives were p190 in M&S Cebu, it was the only place I ever found that sold them!:Erm:

London_Manila
21st April 2014, 22:24
I tried to employ many at my old internet shop in Makati

Most were told not to bother coming back after 1 day

gWaPito
21st April 2014, 22:33
We must have been unlucky then :cwm25:

grahamw48
21st April 2014, 23:09
Milk chocolate digestives were p190 in M&S Cebu, it was the only place I ever found that sold them!:Erm:

I think they're a different recipe to the UK ones too Michael. Not as nice. :thumbsdown:

Rosie1958
22nd April 2014, 01:06
The Philippines can be a mighty scary place sometimes, what a terrible ending to this young guy's life :NoNo::NoNo:

Sadly, it happens all over the world, we just don't often hear about it ...........

tiger31
22nd April 2014, 02:25
he spent a lot of money setting up the business and employing local people and some asshole who had a drink decided to wipe him out because he could,nt handle being scolded for being late for work and for being drunk .hope he rots in jail and enjoys fish head soup.

Michael Parnham
22nd April 2014, 06:47
I think they're a different recipe to the UK ones too Michael. Not as nice. :thumbsdown:

True! :NoNo:

joebloggs
22nd April 2014, 07:13
the story has made the UK press now, 6ft 8" he was a a giant, sad :NoNo:

A British man running a scuba diving business on a paradise island has been shot dead by his own security guard, his family said tonight.

‘Gentle giant’ Tony Gilchrist, 35, was blasted four times in the chest and twice in the head in the Philippines on Saturday.

Reports said he was shot by a guard - named locally as Melchor Alciso Jr, 42 - who he had sacked after the man turned up for work drunk for a second time.

The pair reportedly argued inside the diving shop before Mr Gilchrist was shot six times.

He was taken to hospital in Daanbantayan on the island of Malapascua via a 30-minute boat ride and 20-minute drive but he was declared dead on arrival.

Mr Gilchrist’s brother James said his 6ft 8ins brother ‘was the kindest person’.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/philippines-shooting-briton-tony-gilchrist-3440751

gWaPito
22nd April 2014, 08:20
I don't remember any of my colleagues shooting managers dead for being scolded. :NoNo:

London_Manila
24th April 2014, 01:43
he spent a lot of money setting up the business and employing local people and some asshole who had a drink decided to wipe him out because he could,nt handle being scolded for being late for work and for being drunk .hope he rots in jail and enjoys fish head soup.

Sadly guns in the Philippines are handed out to any idiot :NoNo: