PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Cert and Insurance

Eljohno
1st January 2006, 11:32
Hi Guys,
was just looking a bit of info..Is it possible to get the marriage certificate needed for the settlement visa from the local office or does it need to be got from Cebu or manila?

The second thing is does my wife need travel and health insurance before she can leave the country or is it optional?

Thanks,
John

andypaul
1st January 2006, 12:08
Originally posted by Eljohno@Jan 1 2006, 11:32 AM
Hi Guys,
was just looking a bit of info..Is it possible to get the marriage certificate needed for the settlement visa from the local office or does it need to be got from Cebu or manila?

The second thing is does my wife need travel and health insurance before she can leave the country or is it optional?

Thanks,
John

Quoted post

Hi John

Travel and health Insurance is optional, but if you can aford is wise. You would imo only need for flight and journey to your front door. Spouse Visa should entitle your wife to free medical care once entered the uk. But if you can afford medical insurance it would be wise just to be safe.

Make sure your Wife goes to a dentist for a final check up before leaving as unless you or a family member are a Dentist it could get expensive(if you can find one!!) if your wife needs dental treatment in uk.

With NSO marriage cert my Wife had a Distant realtive help send of the paperwork to the Manila office.
I think the Local office can send the marriage cert to be approved or you can deal with it.

But not to sure im afraid im sure some of the others will be able to answer.

Eljohno
1st January 2006, 12:12
Originally posted by andypaul@Jan 1 2006, 11:08 AM
Hi John

Travel and health Insurance is optional, but if you can aford is wise. You would imo only need for flight and journey to your front door. Spouse Visa should entitle your wife to free medical care once entered the uk. But if you can afford medical insurance it would be wise just to be safe.

Make sure your Wife goes to a dentist for a final check up before leaving as unless you or a family member are a Dentist it could get expensive(if you can find one!!) if your wife needs dental treatment in uk.

With NSO marriage cert my Wife had a Distant realtive help send of the paperwork to the Manila office.
I think the Local office can send the marriage cert to be approved or you can deal with it.

But not to sure im afraid im sure some of the others will be able to answer.

Quoted post

Hi,
do you have any idea how long it takes getting it from manila and if it can be gotten from Cebu as my wife lives south of cebu..

John

andypaul
1st January 2006, 12:37
Originally posted by Eljohno@Jan 1 2006, 12:12 PM
Hi,
do you have any idea how long it takes getting it from manila and if it can be gotten from Cebu as my wife lives south of cebu..

John

Quoted post

We get married last Feb of this year and I applied our authenticated marriage cert at the NSO here in Cebu on March 11 and it was received in Manila NSO office on March 22 and it was released on March 25. I received it on April 11, 2005. Just try to go to NSO and tell them that you want an advance endorsement, i'm sure they know what are you referring to. Explain to them that you need it for your visa application and amendment of your passport, (from single to married). They would give you some lists of requirements and form to fill-up. Their are some fees to be paid in their office including the courrier but I don't remember anymore how much the cost then. I can't find the receipts for now.

Well this example of someone else seems to take a month.

Hopefully others can advise in more detail

Eljohno
4th January 2006, 14:36
In reference to the marriage cert can someone please give me more advice as we have encountered a problem already.When my wife went to get a copy of the marriage cert she has seen that my address on it is not completely correct.They have not all of my post code down and instead of country antrim they have country antrim.Do you think this will be a problem? The second thing is that they have told rhea that when she was writing in her date of birth etc she went over the line and the bloke said they might not except it because of that.It seems very petty...My wife said they do not give you much room for your date of birth as it is a small area....Are they being awkward or maybe they are just doing their job, what do you guys think?

ginapeterb
4th January 2006, 15:21
Originally posted by Eljohno@Jan 4 2006, 01:36 PM
In reference to the marriage cert can someone please give me more advice as we have encountered a problem already.When my wife went to get a copy of the marriage cert she has seen that my address on it is not completely correct.They have not all of my post code down and instead of country antrim they have country antrim.Do you think this will be a problem? The second thing is that they have told rhea that when she was writing in her date of birth etc she went over the line and the bloke said they might not except it because of that.It seems very petty...My wife said they do not give you much room for your date of birth as it is a small area....Are they being awkward or maybe they are just doing their job, what do you guys think?

Quoted post

John, this is Pete here, just make it clear to us what you are referring to ? is it the marriage contract you signed at the ceremony ?

If it is, this is not sufficient for the British Embassy, the marriage contract (and name it as so for our purposes) must be sent to the National Statistics office in QC, I understand you were married in Mindanao, is that correct.

If so, then it will take time for this to be sent, what you can ask the district registry to do is send it express, for a fee, suggest you do that now !!!

If there are incorrect details on this, I suggest you get them sorted now, i.e. incorrect date of birth etc, over the line can be a problem, Rhea will have to go back and sort this out, where are you now ? in NI, if so, there is not much you can do, they are not being awkward, however, the NSO will need to issue you with a certified marriage contract and that the marriage details are recorded in the NSO National Computer database.

The British Embassy will accept Secpa papers, that is a shorterned form of a marriage contract, for a visa situation, the NSO in your wifes city can issue that, she has to go to the local NSO, but the marriage will of course have to be registered properly, this can take from 2 to 8 weeks, there is no fixed period, some have got it quicker than others.

Hope this helps, you must get the paperwork right before British Embassy, if its not right, it will be red flagged and be sent back to your wife, getting it right now is a priority.

Doing it a later is a pain in the a.....

Let me know more about it...if you need any further help

Eljohno
4th January 2006, 23:18
Hi pete,
i will be chatting with Rhea again soon but i think she is talking about the marriage contract we signed at the wedding. Is that the one needs to be sent to N.S.O.? They said something to her about now having to wait 10 days to see if the computer will accept it or not. Yes we got married in Mindanao. I am back here in Ireland so i am limited to how i can help. I think this is the worst part of all the waiting knowing that we have not yet sent our visa application of. Thanks once again for your help Pete.

John

mupsuit
7th January 2006, 13:58
Peter is correct you must have the NSO marriage certificate for the Embassy

This is what we did - we went to city hall after the wedding and explained we were about to apply for a British visa for my wife

City Hall did a special letter to NSO - (covering only our marriage) and sent in the city hall copy of the certificate we signed at the wedding

They gave this letter to us in an envelope addressed to NSO and told us to go to LBC Couriers - we paid the courier fee and off the letter went

I made a photocopy of the covering letter and a week later we went to NSO together - showed them the copy letter and the copy LBC courier slip (receipt)

They checked their records and told my wife to come back 5 days later at 2.00pm

She returned and picked up the NSO marriage certificate(s)

Also - Peter is again correct when he says that you must get your Embassy paperwork for her visa application correct - try and see it from their perspective as they have to sort out the genuine applications like yours from the 'marriage of convenience' applications they get

Do whatever you can to provide full information, as an example when they ask about housing on the form I was able to give them a copy of the Estate Agents particulars on the house where we would live - I also had a copy of the lawyers letter showing I had paid for the purchase in full so there was no mortage

"The devil is in the detail" = so study the Embassy web site carefully and make sure that you can satisfy ALL the questions on the form

Once we had all the supporting paperwork and the forms completed she called CAVA and it was nearly eight weeks until she was approved - that was two years ago

Good luck and check back if you need more information

Originally posted by Eljohno@Jan 4 2006, 11:18 PM
Hi pete,
i will be chatting with Rhea again soon but i think she is talking about the marriage contract we signed at the wedding. Is that the one needs to be sent to N.S.O.? They said something to her about now having to wait 10 days to see if the computer will accept it or not. Yes we got married in Mindanao. I am back here in Ireland so i am limited to how i can help. I think this is the worst part of all the waiting knowing that we have not yet sent our visa application of. Thanks once again for your help Pete.

John

Quoted post