PDA

View Full Version : Makati Blast....

LEAHnew
19th October 2007, 10:14
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryID=96375

Sad news..:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

kimmi
19th October 2007, 10:56
lets hope and pray sis that there's no much affected with this blast..

cinmickey28
19th October 2007, 14:18
Latest update as of 7:00 p.m Philippine time by Red Cross Count, 8 dead and 99 wounded and police said there maybe more people inside the mall.

tomoboyle2000
19th October 2007, 15:37
I cant believe this has happend, I was in Gloriette last week shopping.

bornatbirth
19th October 2007, 20:36
my gfs brother almost went to the restaurant it went off in today and my gf was going shopping there until u saw the friday traffic,these people are cowards!!!!!!!!

KeithD
19th October 2007, 21:05
Great to see it gets NO mention on UK news.....much more important things in the world.....cows with blue tongues & sneezing chickens for example :rolleyes:

UK news:
Bridge collapses in US...not sure if any dead first few days.....2 weeks coverage
Bridge collapses in Pakistan, a number dead instantly.....20 secs mention
Bridge collapses in Indonesia.....50+ dead.....no mention.....

Luckily we have AlJazeera, Russian, Chinese & Indian news channels so we get the REAL news in the World. UK news is starting to get all American.

andypaul
19th October 2007, 21:42
Oh my gosh that is a horrfic bomb attack

Heres the bbc's webpage on the event for those who might need more info.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7052194.stm

The Wife and I have stayed at the Holiday inn nearby many times and im sure many on here will be like us blimey that could of been us or our loved ones.

fred
20th October 2007, 01:41
Great to see it gets NO mention on UK news....

Oh my gosh that is a horrfic bomb attack

Must admit..I did wonder what that noise was??
A bomb you say??

Pepe n Pilar
20th October 2007, 02:41
I was there yesterday with some of the members of the forum. We had agreed to meet at SM Ayala (the mall beside Glorietta) at 2:30pm. Prof. Allan texted me if we can meet up at 2:00pm or i may suggest a better time for me. I said i prefer 3pm. Then i texted Gracia and replied that she will be at SM at 2:30. So I texted Allan back that we both will be there at 2:30. I was planning to pass by glorietta and have some window shopping while waiting for the agreed time of 2:30. From my place i can take the glorietta 4 entrance and make an exit at glorietta 2 (where the bomb blast was) and which is the shortcut in going to SM. It was raining that time and so i decided to take a cab. I instead went straight to SM and forget about window shopping in Glorietta. I was listening to the radio station tuned in to the latest news about the incident. Thanks God we all agreed to change the time from 2:00 to 2:30pm.

kimmi
20th October 2007, 02:49
oh thanks God everybody is ok, iye, Prof Al and Gracia..

cinmickey28
20th October 2007, 02:53
God was watching over you all to change the set time and spare on that incident.

KeithD
20th October 2007, 09:33
God was watching over you all to change the set time and spare on that incident.

.....but he forgot to watch over those who were blown to bits did he....:doh.....busy ironing his underwear :rolleyes:

baboyako
20th October 2007, 11:33
sm food court is always the safest place to be :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
20th October 2007, 11:46
all of you guyz who still there in the philippines please take care of yourself specially christmas is coming people getting busy shopping everywhere,careful you guyz

Bridget
20th October 2007, 12:10
I used to do shopping on weekends in Hypermart, but my parents stopped me to go out today. Thats not really funny. I hope it won`t happen again, poor innocent victim, I feel so sorry for the relatives of those who died in the blast.

kimmi
20th October 2007, 12:16
thanks for the concern VK..:)

yes my parents too didnt allow us to go to mall today..

baboyako
20th October 2007, 12:20
t
yes my parents too didnt allow us to go to mall today..

terrorists win again :NoNo:

andypaul
20th October 2007, 12:52
True Baboyako but look how many in London took a while to use the tube again after 07-07-05 its natural to worry and be cautious after such a terrifying event.

vbkelly
20th October 2007, 12:55
just avoid crowded places

Bridget
20th October 2007, 14:13
Yes you are right vbkelly. Have you read this?
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/65246/Blast-hits-Iligan-Gonzales-warns-of-a-bigger-attack

Oh I wanna go out. I can`t just stay home everyday, but where to go now?

andypaul
20th October 2007, 16:06
When we have had Bomb alerts and actual explosions in London and other parts of the country. Most people eventually just got on with Life, i can remeber in the early 90s nearly everyweek somewhere there was a scare or actual bomb.

I know no one yet knows who planted it for sure or whats next but sometimes using sensible caution you need to say "sod you im getting on with my life" like Baboyako said you must never give in to terriosts otherwise they have won.

KeithD
20th October 2007, 17:03
The safest place to be after a bomb goes off is exactly where the bomb went off :)

fred
20th October 2007, 17:29
The safest place to be after a bomb goes off is exactly where the bomb went off :)

Yep...The safest place in the world right now is probably Makati..
Where next is anybodies guess..I guess.

JAMZ
20th October 2007, 18:18
Another body recovered from Glorietta mall, toll rises to 10

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/65255/Another-body-recovered-from-Glorietta-mall-toll-rises-to-10

LEAHnew
21st October 2007, 11:36
:cwm34:Thanks guys for your concern right now what we can do is to offer them prayers especially those victim of the very tragic explosion and those been injured let’s pray for their fastest recovery:)

KeithD
21st October 2007, 12:26
I take it for the 1000's that prayed for England last night God ignored them :rolleyes: ....oh...hang on......he must have supported SA as they won, and 1000's prayed for them :D ....he likes racists better :Cuckoo:

LEAHnew
21st October 2007, 12:48
I take it for the 1000's that prayed for England last night God ignored them :rolleyes: ....oh...hang on......he must have supported SA as they won, and 1000's prayed for them :D ....he likes racists better :Cuckoo:

:yikes:Silly horse:D:icon_lol: