PDA

View Full Version : Bridget`s Blog

Bridget
19th October 2007, 04:38
Seven o`clock in the morning I switched on my laptop and log in to YM, but my sweetheart wasn`t online perhaps he fell asleep again while waiting for me online because its seven hours ahead here. We normally chat between six to eight in the morning here and its midnight in the UK. I feel guilty most of the time for keeping him up until 2am and I get worry that he would be tired the next day especially on weekdays. But we have to bear this, that being away one is in the other side of the world as long as we are happy talking on the phone via internet while playing scrabble online. We just love to talk about many things, such as whats going on here, in his work, football, cricket players, tv shows, politics and etc.. I remember once, we`ve chatted on the phone for more than seven hours straight, and after that he realised how much it cost in his telephone bill that was when I haven`t got internet access at home. This relationship tought me how to be patient and more patient.The pain of saying bye bye in the airport everytime one of us have to leave, but on the other side in my mind one day we will be together again. One, two, three, four and so on.... days pass by Im just telling myself another less day of waiting to be together again. Love and trust make us stronger everyday. The joy of giving and receiving surprises from one to another such as, postcards, greeting cards by post, flowers, presents and ecards with or without special occassions is such a wonderful feeling. Now, after four years and half I feel that we are almost at the end of the tunnel hoping in the very near future we are going to get together permanently. Im glad that I didn`t listen to some old friends who told me that its best for me to not to go for it as Im too far ambitious and it won`t work and I will be like other filipinas that whose just abandoned by their foreign partner. I believed that what had happened to Kikay it doesn`t mean will happen to Pipay, too. I know a lot of people think that once a filipina got a foreign bf or partner, she is just after the passport and the wealth that guy could give to her, BUT certainly and absolutely that is not true. It is just happen that living in the UK is far much better than here in the Philippines and with his job that I know he loves his career where he really worked so hard to get to where is he now, I would be selfish to ask him to chose me over his profession. I must admit that sometimes Im jealous to those mixed couple who live here in the Philippines, it is good because I won`t be away from my relatives and close friends but I realised its best to live in the UK because at least there I won`t be scared walking around with him while here in my country I feel uncomfortable walking around with him because Im scared that in any moment snatchers or holdapers may attack us. If this place is not safe for the local where one morning, one local lady had been stobbed by the holdaper because she did not want to give her cellphone to the holdaper, how much more for a foreigner? That is so sad reality in this country but Im not ashamed of my country because bad people is everywhere not only here, there are some famous cities in the west that are far worse than here.
Anyway, Im sorry this is far too long now.
It s onething that happened to me here in the forum since I became a member here I start my day by log in to this website and read to see whats going on, it is lovely to be in this forum.
So for anyone out there whose new here or perhaps not yet a member but you keep visiting this site to read and get information, just join us and Im pretty sure you will have a great time. And for the people who made this website,as well as to every active member here I salute you all. Keep up the good works. Fabulous..!
Thanks for reading my blog.
Have a great time,
Bridget

bornatbirth
19th October 2007, 20:48
nice blog! my gf worries too living in manila about car snatchers and so on.....and when i said about going to a park to take a walk she said i will go alone lol,u just have to be carefull!!

Bridget
20th October 2007, 02:52
nice blog! my gf worries too living in manila about car snatchers and so on.....and when i said about going to a park to take a walk she said i will go alone lol,u just have to be carefull!!

Thanks bornabirth.
I remember when my fiance was here, we stayed in the hotel in Makati Avenue near Kalayaan St. we normally take a taxi from and to our hotel going and coming back from the Ayala Center where it is just takes about 10 to 15 minutes if we walk, but its me who was scared to walk especially when its dark. Im just very careful, if Im alone I definitely won`t take a taxi and I dont mind to walk around the city but because he was with me I always have the feeling of the threat knowing that bad elements are everywhere. Its funny, that I feel more secured when we were in Hong Kong. When we had our holidays in HK we even go up to the hills in the countryside, 2 hours hiking, going up and down the hills we enjoy the nature and it feels good to be away from the crowd and noise in the city. The only things that worries me was if theres snake or wild dog or if it rains heavily, but thanks God that we reach the end of the countrypark safely before it gets dark.