PDA

View Full Version : What do you want out of life

stevewool
8th April 2014, 07:11
Well do you know the answer or does it change from week to week,
Is the dream to retire and have enough money to have a new car and a holiday each year and just potter around the garden and super market the usual stuff,
We are all different and some are single but if you are married or have a partner then you have to share, so are you both planning your future together or planning your escape from each other,
I would like to see some more of the world, have my home here still or until i do know i do not want to come back, i do want to explore more of the Phils, so thats going to take a few years but also want to explore other countries too,
If we have enough money and i think we shall we can do all, and yes i have spoken to Ems too about my plans and i guess i am lucky because her plans match mine too, heres hoping :smile:

Terpe
8th April 2014, 15:52
For so many years it's always been my dream to retire to somewhere in Japan or SE Asia.
To be honest I'd not seriously considered Philippines as I'd not spent a lot of time there before I met my wife.

I'd also planned to retire at 55 and live my dream :doh
Didn't work out that way as my parents needed our support here in UK.
That 'blip' actually worked out to be a postive move for us. Plenty of exciting opportunities for us including some memorable European travel and of course my wife eventually becoming a British Citizen. My wife becoming a British Citizen is a huge benefit in itself, especially in our retirement travel plans.

Our time in UK has also helped us to strengthen a financial future based in Philippines and has been invaluable in providing an education for many of our younger family members.

Our time in UK is now being prioritised on our move.
By the Autumn we'll have no major obstacles to face. Just wait a bit longer for the state pension position of my wife to become stable and clear and then......at last......finally live our dream ..

Sometimes "...The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley" and there's nothing to be done about that except to seek out the positive.

For as long as health (and finances) allow I'll pursue my dreams and visit all those places I
vowed to return to and hopefully some new ones too. :Jump:

Dedworth
8th April 2014, 15:55
To be Happy, Healthy, Wealthy and Wise

Terpe
8th April 2014, 16:01
To be Healthy, Wealthy and Wise

To be Happy, Healthy, Wealthy and Wise :Jump:

Which, for my wife and myself isn't something we believe can find here in UK.
Having a family "reasonably close" is something we feel we need.

Dedworth
8th April 2014, 16:39
Quite right Terpe I missed out Happy now revised

grahamw48
8th April 2014, 17:41
Another 25 years would be nice. :Erm:

I'll find something useful to do with it. :smile:

mickcant
9th April 2014, 06:30
I saved in a works pension scheme for a better retirement (I thought), but the government seem to keep finding ways of reducing what I have to live off, yet let the big businesses get away with paying no tax, because it is easier to clobber ordinary citizens.
Mick. :cwm23: