PDA

View Full Version : India losing 70 per cent voice and call centre business to Philippines, Eastern Europe: Survey

joebloggs
6th April 2014, 09:50
no surprises here :wink:

NEW DELHI: Struggling to diversify the delivery footprint to take advantage of low-cost centres, India's BPO industry is currently losing 70 per cent of all incremental voice and call centre business to competitors like Philippines and countries in Eastern Europe, says a report.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/33326146.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

grahamw48
6th April 2014, 10:22
Well it was always a ridiculous concept...employing people with totally unintellible foreign accents to commmunicate information over the phone. :doh

This is what results when profit, ignorance and greed take priority over knowledge, experience and common sense. :NoNo:

Dedworth
6th April 2014, 11:51
There is another advantage of shifting call centres to eastern Europe it keeps their nationals there rather than swamping the UK job market. I've spoken to HP and Microsoft reps in Czech and Lithuania who had perfect English accents. Let's hope this keeps more of them behind the former iron curtain

grahamw48
6th April 2014, 12:00
Good point Dedworth.

Lots of these places in Ireland too.

Maybe I'll apply for a job at one.

It will save me a few grand in ripoff visa fees etc...if I decide to bring my partner here. :smile: