PDA

View Full Version : In or out

stevewool
2nd April 2014, 20:04
Well where do we go from here,
Out i would say but why, well for now no one can say to me what benefits we would lose if we pull out,
So on that note for now i vote for OUT, but remember i am OUT too in a few years time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
2nd April 2014, 20:45
In! Without doubt.

Anything else would be a disaster for the UK economy and our jobs.

les_taxi
2nd April 2014, 21:27
Out without doubt :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd April 2014, 22:22
Out, of course. :smile:

andy222
2nd April 2014, 22:30
As things are, definitely out.

Longweekend
2nd April 2014, 22:49
I'm also for out...

Michael Parnham
3rd April 2014, 06:08
Would love to say out, but at this stage the business losses would outweigh our cost, so I have to agree with Jamesey :cwm25:

les_taxi
3rd April 2014, 06:50
Would love to say out, but at this stage the business losses would outweigh our cost, so I have to agree with Jamesey :cwm25:

I was thinking that earlier and I'm not so sure anymore :NEW5:
Of course that's what the mainstream parties want us to believe.

Dedworth
3rd April 2014, 07:43
Out - British Jobs for British Workers when the (mainly Eastern) Euro Trash are sent home

Trefor
3rd April 2014, 09:41
I'm not a Europhile, but I vote we work towards staying in the Common Market but for trade purposes, not for laws/immigration. If this means leaving the EU then we need to consider the impact very carefully. I think the anti-EU rhetoric is quite dangerous and any Yes/No vote will probably not be understood by many. Business won't vote to leave and our economy depends on Europe for a lot of exports. However, the 'noise' and threats are useful to help us negotiate a better deal for the UK with Brussels.

Hopefully as we get closer to an EU referendum people will listen and consider carefully. Just like the strong Scottish Yes vote are now starting to realise independence is perhaps not a good thing for them after all (although personally I want them to be independent as the changes will ensure a consistent UK government for generations :smile: ).

stevie c
3rd April 2014, 09:51
Out without a shadow of a doubt lets govern our own country without being bullied by European law

les_taxi
3rd April 2014, 10:03
It's quite clear we can't have the trade deals without the laws so come out and promote this country independently. We are still a force to be reckoned with.

Michael Parnham
3rd April 2014, 10:30
I was thinking that earlier and I'm not so sure anymore :NEW5:
Of course that's what the mainstream parties want us to believe.

Could have a point there Les! :Erm:

grahamw48
3rd April 2014, 10:34
We can survive perfectly well on our own two feet.

Ye of little faith. :NoNo:

It's NOT all about business either.

bigmarco
3rd April 2014, 11:29
100% out. The politicans are trying to convince you with scare stories. Get out, sending the economic migrants home straight away will equal more jobs for Brits which will create a competitive jobs market which will mean an increase in wages for the workers.
It will also create enough jobs to make sure the benefit queues get substantially shorter.

les_taxi
3rd April 2014, 11:48
We can bin the human rights bill in time too.

sars_notd_virus
3rd April 2014, 20:17
In and Out....PH/New Zealand/America and Uk and when we get old and wrinkly and cant afford to travel we will stay whichever country we ended up with lol :Rasp:

WhiteBloodAda
3rd April 2014, 22:25
In. It shouldn't even be on the agenda at all. I'd dread to think what would happen to this country if we left

Dedworth
3rd April 2014, 22:31
In. It shouldn't even be on the agenda at all. I'd dread to think what would happen to this country if we left

An immediate massive improvement :biggrin:

bigmarco
3rd April 2014, 22:58
An immediate massive improvement :biggrin:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jamesey
3rd April 2014, 23:07

Spot on! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some of the replies in this thread really worry me. It amazes me that people pay more attention to scaremongering from the right-wing press and Nigel Farage, than all the mainstream parties, the majority of business leaders, economists, academics, etc.

les_taxi
3rd April 2014, 23:47

Seem to remember we did pretty well before we joined :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
4th April 2014, 00:04
Spot on! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some of the replies in this thread really worry me. It amazes me that people pay more attention to scaremongering from the right-wing press and Nigel Farage, than all the mainstream parties, the majority of business leaders, economists, academics, etc.

It's probably escaped you but you don't have to be right wing to be anti EU.
Some leading lights on the left of British Politics have been quite vocal in their opposition to Europe.
UKIP is not the only anti EU party you can vote for at the forthcoming elections.
I think you'll find that this forum pretty much reflects the view in the country at the moment 50/50.
You feel free to trust Cameron Clegg and Milliband on such an important issue. I choose not to.

London_Manila
4th April 2014, 02:34
Out and lets get back some control over our borders again

OK we may loose a few Japanese car makers but that wont bankrupt the country

The only new shops opening around my way are Polish supermarkets.....

Sheer numbers of Eastern Europeans coming here :NoNo:

Cheap labour is all they are and thats why the "captains of industry" love them !

London_Manila
4th April 2014, 02:40
In! Without doubt.

Anything else would be a disaster for the UK economy and our jobs.

Dont fall for Cleggs scare tactics Farage made mincemeat of him the other night :icon_lol:

stevewool
4th April 2014, 06:06
thats the problem boys and girls, what prof have they that millions would lose there jobs,

Michael Parnham
4th April 2014, 06:26
Remember UKIP have no real party as they have no MPs yet! :Erm:

Dedworth
4th April 2014, 08:40
I think there is a load of bull said about Multinationals setting up here only because Britain is in the EU. I deal with a couple of very large healthcare product manufacturers who have their HQ's and European Distribution in the low countries because of the shipping/transport links, favourable tax regimes and the availabilty of intelligent English speaking staff. They're put off the UK by our available workers mainly being dubious characters speaking little known slavonic dialects and the costly Eurotunnel and ferries involvement in moving goods.

On the other hand we do have the likes of Amazon and Starbucks employing hordes of Eastern Eurotrash here whilst they are conveniently registered for corporation tax in Ireland and Luxemburg

les_taxi
4th April 2014, 08:41
Remember UKIP have no real party as they have no MP's yet!:Erm:

True Michael, but it does help to sway the other parties into giving us the choice of staying in or not. I do believe financially it's a gamble, but then again our brand is strong and I think we should have more belief in ourselves.

I long for a Britain where we make and use our laws and not be dictated to by other countries, who for the most part talk ......

I would join up with Germany and the US for financial clout and stuff the French and all the lazy Mediterranean countries.

We would dominate, I would then extend our borders and claim English speaking countries (oops got carried away lol)

Michael Parnham
4th April 2014, 12:04
True Michael, but it does help to sway the other parties into giving us the choice of staying in or not. I do believe financially it's a gamble, but then again our brand is strong and I think we should have more belief in ourselves.

I long for a Britain where we make and use our laws and not be dictated to by other countries, who for the most part talk ......

I would join up with Germany and the US for financial clout and stuff the French and all the lazy Mediterranean countries.

We would dominate, I would then extend our borders and claim English speaking countries (oops got carried away lol)

I do agree with what you say Les, I'm just not sure what is the best for Britain at this moment in time, so many for's and against's confusing!:Erm:

les_taxi
4th April 2014, 12:41
It won't happen for ages anyway so our financial position will hopefully be stronger too by then.

stevewool
4th April 2014, 19:04
the common market for selling our wares not the European market for selling all we thought we had

grahamw48
4th April 2014, 19:54
Very true Steve ! :xxgrinning--00xx3: