PDA

View Full Version : TV

skysisi
23rd March 2014, 09:51
Hello all! Hope all is well :)

I wanted to ask about tele/tv here in UK, i am planning to send a tele from here tru LBC box soon, i just wonder if that is working in philippines?? Is there someone here who send tele already before? Thanks in advance :)

stevewool
23rd March 2014, 10:01
wow a tv , dont know if it would work over there, plus would it be working once there anyway, surely it would be cheaper to buy there, after you take the costing, just a thought

grahamw48
23rd March 2014, 10:37
I'm no expert, but I do know that Europe (inc UK) use the 'PAL' system, whereas the 'NTSC' system is used in the Phils.

A 'multi-system' TV would work in both places, and I think you can get converters, but as Steve has said, considering low prices of s/hand TVs....hardly worth the bother. :thumbsdown:

joebloggs
23rd March 2014, 12:02
also flatscreens are fairly delicate, i've seen many cracked ones which have been damaged while being transported :NoNo:

Slip
23rd March 2014, 13:13
UK tv's won't work there as here we get UK channels, they don't have our channels there.

:-P

Terpe
23rd March 2014, 18:09
As Graham says, if it's a newish one it should be switchable from PAL to NTSC and should be good for 50Hz and 60Hz supply.... so should be OK.
Most newish TV equipment will operate on either 50Hz or 60Hz frequency, but there are still many that don't. If it doesn't adapt, the different frequency is highly likely to affect the refresh rate and picture quality.
Do some research and discover how the PAL/NTSC 'switch' works if it's not included in the set-up menu.

As joebloggs says, you'll need to pay extra special attention when packaging a flat-screen.
Most need to be shipped upright to minimise the risk that the screen will crack under it's own weigh when bouncing around.

I remember watching a news item on TFC recently that Philippines will be going digital with effect from December 2015. Means analogue TV will no longer work. (No NTSC)
The digital standard will be the Japanese ISDB-T standard for digital television ....

Hopefully some of our Philippine based members will know more.......such as will set-top boxes be provided etc much like our 'switch-over'.