PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nursing contact for my girlfriend

eddiek
22nd March 2014, 11:12
hello boys and girls,

Hope yer all about to make the most of the great weather we have here today in the UK.

My girlfriend is a fully qualified nurse in the Philippines, and she is currently in the PH.

She has already achieved grade 6.5 in her IELTS exam, and is currently studying for grade 7, so that she can apply here in the UK as a nurse.

The major showstopper at the moment is that the experience she has dates back to: 2009 - 2010 (i.e 1 year experience, however > 3 years old)

--> Have any of you guys come across on the:

1. ONP programme

or

2. BSC SC(hons) Nursing Studies (International student)

thanks for your help,
Ed

andy222
22nd March 2014, 14:19
Can I give you some advice Ed? One step at a time from posts I have read of yours personally I would concentrate on getting you girlfriend over here first.

eddiek
22nd March 2014, 15:23
thanks for the advice andy, always open to receiving advice from older an wiser ppl than me. you are right in saying that we are all over the place at the moment, no real strong direction at the minute, just trying to establish which direction is best, and plan on sticking to it, as soon as we have reached this point.

but will i keep it in mind :)

thanks mate.

btw, still haven't figured out how to give someone good rep on this forum!

Dedworth
22nd March 2014, 16:30
Ed

Have a look here

http://www.nmc-uk.org/Registration/Joining-the-register/Trained-outside-the-EU--EEA/

My wife's a Staff Nurse but she came over here 10 years ago when there was a lot of recruiting going on. Search the forum for Nurse, Nursing etc Doc Alan has posted a lot of useful info

Good luck