PDA

View Full Version : Italy rescues more than 4,000 migrants, operations ongoing

Dedworth
21st March 2014, 18:37
Italy's navy has rescued more than 4,000 migrants from overcrowded boats in the Mediterranean Sea south of Sicily in the past four days and several other rescue operations are still going on, officials said on Friday.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/italy-rescues-more-4-000-migrants-operations-ongoing-110632043--finance.html#cmyKD63

The inevitable result of this will be thousands more chancers, criminals, wasters and undesirables heading to the UK.

It might be harsh and unpalatable to some but is there a case for letting them drown ?

bigmarco
21st March 2014, 19:10
It might be harsh and unpalatable to some but is there a case for letting them drown ?

In all seriousness there's no case to let them drown.
I do think however that when groups like this are found there is a case to bypass the local legal process and return them immediately to wherever they have come from.

Dedworth
21st March 2014, 19:15
The authorities need to do something putting them in "detention camps" lets them think they've got away with it and encourages more to follow. They will find their way to the UK as we are the pot of welfare gold at the end of the rainbow. Also our treasonous, limp wristed judges will let any who do get here stay as Italy breaches their human rights and it is cruel and inhuman to return asylum seekers and mafia dons there The Aussies have some good ideas - no economic migrants have landed for a couple of months.

bigmarco
21st March 2014, 19:24
Yep That's my argument with boat loads of economic migrants. Forget detention camps and courts, we need to trust the people on the ground dealing with them. Return them immediately to where they've come from with a packed lunch.

Dedworth
21st March 2014, 19:28
Yep That's my argument with boat loads of economic migrants. Forget detention camps and courts, we need to trust the people on the ground dealing with them. Return them immediately to where they've come from with a packed lunch.

If rescue resources were limited the migrants would provide a packed lunch for the fish