PDA

View Full Version : Council Planners Allow Dodgy Car Wash

Dedworth
21st March 2014, 17:03
Has anyone been watching BBC's Permission Impossible series on iPlayer about planning. It's quite good featuring some interesting applications, objectors, planning officers and self important councillors.

I was disgusted to see featured a dodgy looking, ethnic run car wash in Cwmbran Wales set up in a derelict petrol station. The decent tax paying locals objected to the noise, spray, traffic risk etc but were ridden over rough shod by the Labour dominated Planning Committee who allowed this rogue business to remain. A wet behind the ears, long haired 25 year old Councillor reasoned that "at the end of the day it provides jobs. Looking at the operatives I'd put them all down as either illegals or "asylum seekers". The shady "owner" who probably couldn't string a sentence together had a smarmy Planning Consultant speak at the meeting.

13.05 minutes, 43.28 minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03xlclt/Permission_Impossible_Britains_Planners_Episode_5/

grahamw48
21st March 2014, 17:11
I haven't been watching this series, as I knew it would be one bound to raise my blood pressure. :NoNo:

No need mate. I know perfectly well what these Councillors get up to.

What can you do ? Idiots keep voting for them. :anerikke:

Dedworth
21st March 2014, 17:24
I haven't been watching this series, as I knew it would be one bound to raise my blood pressure. :NoNo:

No need mate. I know perfectly well what these Councillors get up to.

What can you do ? Idiots keep voting for them. :anerikke:

There was quite a good one on that episode Forestry Commission wanting to stick 70 chalets with hot tubs etc in a Cheshire Forest. The main objector thought he'd get one over on the planning officer at the public meeting by revealing an underground fuel pipeline going through the forest and the council hadn't involved the HSE. Smug officer wriggled out of it and the committee approved the application. The smile will now be wiped of his face as it transpires the Secretary of State has called it in over the fuel pipeline issue :biggrin: