PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Schengen!

marksroomspain
17th March 2014, 22:11
Well just looking into applying for a schengen visa at vfs Manchester to travel to Spain in July as Jamie's schengen from the french embassy expires in May.

Was told to wait till current schengen expires before a new one can be applied for (that I already knew) and basically the same procedure which was required for her French Schengen BUT WAIT......

We need to show tickets or an email for flights already booked to prove we are travelling together.

No actual dates of proposed flights will do, they have to be confirmed and if not no visa.

Is this bureaucracy gone mad :Rasp:

I asked the girl if we comply to all this then would the visa be issued, she said yes that is all that needed....

mmm how straight forward the french application was and just hopes that I have now paid £480 for flights that the bl***y Spanish Embassy will issue it... :mad::NoNo::doh

stevewool
17th March 2014, 22:25
the reviews about the Spanish schengen put me right off, so i went straight for the French one, so easy, and they do not want anything about travel and insurance either, why not apply again for the French one again

marksroomspain
17th March 2014, 22:42
I would have Steve but with work commitments and baby in tow it makes it difficult.

But I will tell you something mate, if the bl***y Spanish mess us about I will work round it and pop off back to London get the French one and then pop over to Calais for the day so sorted.

It's just annoying as it's against European policy but eh, thats the Spanish for you like Gibraltar :laugher:

Cheers Steve...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th March 2014, 23:39
i am sure that once you have had a schengen visa, applying for another one is straightforward,

tiger31
18th March 2014, 04:41
The spanish are being :censored: as there is no legal obligation to show tickets or bookings according to the schengen rules

Terpe
18th March 2014, 10:04
The spanish are being :censored: as there is no legal obligation to show tickets or bookings according to the schengen rules

That is true.......however that is a concession only when travelling with your EU national spouse......so now they're pushing on that one.

There are a number of countries that are becoming difficult. Italy is another that can be very demanding on small issues.

WhiteBloodAda
1st April 2014, 19:01
Hope the Slovenian one isn't too awkward!

Terpe
1st April 2014, 19:16
Hope the Slovenian one isn't too awkward!

I don't think Slovenia has any 'beef' with UK..........unlike others.....:icon_lol:

WhiteBloodAda
10th April 2014, 15:35
I don't think Slovenia has any 'beef' with UK..........unlike others.....:icon_lol:

Going to be a year or so before we go there, so plenty of time for relations to sour :icon_lol:

Terpe
10th April 2014, 19:42
Going to be a year or so before we go there, so plenty of time for relations to sour :icon_lol:

Oddly enough, it seems that other Embassies are also now asking for evidence that the applicant is travelling together with their spouse....maybe something happened that's causing this