PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd v Liverpool

les_taxi
16th March 2014, 13:37
:yikes: The big one for me,and Tiger I'm sure.

Don't have good feeling about this even though Liverpool rarely win at Old Trafford these days.

I see an 'orrible 3-1 Liverpool win in my tea leaves :mad:
Please let me be wrong :biggrin:

joebloggs
16th March 2014, 13:45
I see an 'orrible 3-1 Liverpool win in my tea leaves :mad:
Please let me be wrong :biggrin:

Les, no need to worry your tea leaves are always wrong :icon_lol:

where's dedworth I bet he's :mad:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:wink:

KeithD
16th March 2014, 13:54
I think along the lines of 2-1,3-1 4-1 to Liverpool :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Season well over for Manu if they don't win, but up against the SAS :omg: ... don't worry though Les, Skrtel will get an OG for you :icon_lol:

raynaputi
16th March 2014, 14:10
Les, no need to worry your tea leaves are always wrong :icon_lol:

where's dedworth i bet he's :mad:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:wink:

I think he's still upset about last night, hunting the ref for kicking out Jose! :xxparty-smiley-004: :Bolt:

Dedworth
16th March 2014, 14:24
I think he's still upset about last night, hunting the ref for kicking out Jose! :xxparty-smiley-004: :Bolt:

Exactly.... The referees a ******

andy222
16th March 2014, 14:27
And as for Ramirez, he should be given a 10 match ban for that intentional break leg tackle. :wink: Anyway I hope Liverpool stuff United. :biggrin:

les_taxi
16th March 2014, 15:22
Anyway I hope Liverpool stuff United.
Don't worry that is coming true - of course I hope you stay up (NOT) :action-smiley-081:

tiger31
16th March 2014, 15:44
come on Les, pay up its all over bro :biggrin:

les_taxi
16th March 2014, 16:12
Once it's mathematically impossible Tiger, will have his tank filled, patience is a virtue :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
16th March 2014, 16:13
No one can say they don't get penalties given at Old Trafford :yikes:

stevie c
16th March 2014, 16:19
Les they were all stone wall penalties Liverpool by far the better team men against boys spring to mind :biggrin:

les_taxi
16th March 2014, 16:23
Not disagreeing they should have had another, easily best team - as I have said on here much to Keith's delight what a top team the scousers are :mad:

KeithD
16th March 2014, 16:26
....easily best team-as I have said on here much to Keiths delight what a top team the scousers are :mad:

I'm still not giving you Rep for grovelling :biggrin:

les_taxi
16th March 2014, 16:29
I'm gonna systamatically spread negative reps to everyone on the Forum :cwm23::censored::mad::omg::ReadIt::Brick::furious3::cwm23:

andy222
16th March 2014, 18:15
Ah, a dream come true. Now pay Tiger. :laugher:

stevie c
16th March 2014, 18:33
Ah, a dream come true. Now pay Tiger :laugher:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :laugher::laugher::laugher:

irishman12
16th March 2014, 18:53
Been a great weekend. Hooray Liverpool, maybe u should ask your tea leaves for the lotto numbers - but hope you dont win :thumbsdown:

tiger31
16th March 2014, 18:57
Double whammy for Les. Arsenal win too :biggrin:

les_taxi
16th March 2014, 19:05
Can you get prozac from Spar?

KeithD
16th March 2014, 21:46
Seasons over for Spurs with regard to CL place.

Moyes needs to have a good clean out in the summer, as some of the players seem to have forgotten how to play footy! :crazy:

bigmarco
17th March 2014, 00:30
Van Persie would have scored them 2 chances last season.

andy222
17th March 2014, 21:23
What you going to do with your winnings Tiger? :biggrin:

les_taxi
17th March 2014, 21:28
Pay your therapist !

KeithD
17th March 2014, 21:45
I feel sorry for Manu....

:Erm:

... no idea why I said that, I don't :icon_lol:

andy222
17th March 2014, 23:35
:laugher:

les_taxi
18th March 2014, 00:10
Hey I'm ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It had to end, we dominated for 20 years - longer even than Liverpool.

tiger31
18th March 2014, 01:00
What you going to do with your winnings Tiger? :biggrin:

convert it into redhorse of course :biggrin:

les_taxi
18th March 2014, 08:25
Than Andy is a scab! trying to wind me up he is!
I have invented a program to remove all his rep systematically every times he takes the :censored: :biggrin:

andy222
18th March 2014, 12:08
:laugher::laugher:

grahamw48
19th March 2014, 01:27
I feel sorry for Manu....

... no idea why I said that, I don't :icon_lol:

There are worse places....:cwm25:

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag281/merlysalinas5/Birkenheadtimemachine_zps0329c4e3.jpg

tiger31
19th March 2014, 13:46
is tonight the final nail in moyes coffin ?

Dedworth
19th March 2014, 13:56
is tonight the final nail in moyes coffin ?

Not according to the Losing One :biggrin:

“My future has not changed one bit,” Moyes said. “I’ve got a great job and I know exactly the direction I want to go in. It’s not been the season we hoped we would have at this present time, but I’ve got ideas of what I want to do, which I’ll put in place when they time is right.

“But the most important thing just now is to get the Olympiakos game played, hopefully get through in the competition and if we can it would be a massive lift for us. We’ve got ourselves in a poor position at 2-0 down, but we’ve got a lot of belief and we’ve got to try to make it show and play well in the game.”

Despite Moyes’s confidence that United can overcome Olympiakos, whose record in England is a sorry 11 defeats from 11 games, doubts over his position remain. A growing anti-Moyes sentiment among the club’s supporters has led to many taking to social media to call for the “Chosen One” banner in his honour – which hangs from the Stretford End – being removed. :laugher:

Those supporters charged with maintaining the banners in Old Trafford have rejected those demands ahead of the game, however, but there remains a stark possibility of fans turning on Moyes if United fail to defeat the Greek champions.

With his position on the line, Moyes insists that he has not felt the need to seek assurances from the club’s owners, the Glazer family.

“The biggest assurance is that they let me get on with the job,” Moyes said. “We never discuss it. We talk about the future, we’re making big plans for years going forward. That’s why it was a six-year contract, because this isn’t a club that works on a short-term vision. It’s a long-term vision.

“I think the support inside Old Trafford has been phenomenal. The players would tell you it was the first thing I mentioned after the Liverpool game, that we need to start giving something back.

"We need to start performing together, me and the team, and we need to work together to make sure we get a performance and a night to be remembered. We’ll do everything we can to make that happen. We’ll leave nothing behind on the night and try to somehow get through to the next round.”

While Moyes and his players have been backed by the supporters at Old Trafford, the team have lost six times at home this season, scoring a meagre 18 goals in 14 home league games. The Scot admits he cannot explain the contradiction of his side performing so badly in front of their own supporters.

“The results at Old Trafford have been disappointing, but it’s not for want of trying,” Moyes said.

“There have been several games where we’ve been the better team and lost to a counter-attack goal or lost in the last minute to a corner kick or something along those lines. But we’ve also made a lot of opportunities and not taken them at home. That’s been the difference this year.

“I think the fans have seen some defeats this season that they wouldn’t have expected and they’ve stuck with the team throughout. They understand the period we are all in together. They’ve seen great success here and they’ll see great success in the future, I’ve got no doubt about that. This club is too big, it’s the biggest in the world and while it might not feel like that today, it is and it will rise again and hopefully it’s not too long.”

Defender Patrice Evra, who helped France to overturn a 2-0 World Cup play-off deficit against Ukraine to qualify for Brazil last November, claims that Moyes’s team can draw on that performance.

“You have to let the storm pass,” Evra said. “France didn’t expect to lose 2-0 in Ukraine, but after two days, everyone was focused on the same goal and we stuck together. We played for the people we love – for family, for fans – and we gave everything.

“Here, we know we had a bad game in the first leg. Even a three-year-old United fan will have been hurting from that performance, but in life, you always have a second chance.

“I’m not God and telling you we will qualify, but I can promise you we will all fight and respect the shirt and make sure all the fans will be really proud of us after the game. There are too many words right now. We just have to show on the pitch. That is most important.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10705766/Manchester-United-v-Olympiakos-My-job-is-safe-at-Old-Trafford-says-David-Moyes-ahead-of-Champions-League.html

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 15:51
He is staying hopefully.
Look at Ferguson! Nightmare start
Rest is history!
Let Moyes rebuild then we will see

Dedworth
19th March 2014, 16:13
He is staying hopefully.
Rest is history!

I also hope he stays Les :biggrin:

I don't buy into the give him time like Fergie theory. We're in a different era. When he took over in 1986 they were in the bottom 4 and hadn't won the title for 26 years, they were an underachieving rabble who needed rebuilding. Moyes inherited the Premier League Champions who had won untold in the last 20 odd years

tiger31
19th March 2014, 16:48
He is staying hopefully.
Rest is history!

personally I would,nt let him spend all that money thats coming to him for players ,you can spend millions and millions on players but the real talent is getting them to play as a team that counts ,and I just don,t think moyes has the x factor to do it .robbie savage reckons they won,t win another title for 10 years ,he could be right .THE same thing happened to liverpool.

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 16:51
Yes it's true he built them from nothing which is why he is do great,but i always believe in giving manager time.
Think moyes inherited a club who's era was over as much as I hate to say it,there were sticking plasters all over and the pipe has now burst.
He had to rebuild nearly from scratch-how many players would get in the Liverpool side now,and only a couple of years ago only Gerrard would have got in our side.
In a years time i will judge him:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
19th March 2014, 16:56
personally I would,nt let him spend all that money thats coming to him for players ,you can spend millions and millions on players but the real talent is getting them to play as a team that counts ,and I just don,t think moyes has the x factor to do it .robbie savage reckons they won,t win another title for 10 years ,he could be right .THE same thing happened to liverpool.

Savage might well be right but as an aside I think he's a ghastly bloke and I object to the BBC blowing licence payers money on him. He's all over their website too http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Disgusting/vomit-4.gif

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 17:06
THE same thing happened to liverpool.
Think you find its more than 10 years:icon_lol:

grahamw48
19th March 2014, 17:08
Footie used to be about supporting your local team.

To most, it's now nothing more than a business investment by one foreigner or another, a BRAND, full of foreign players who have no reason to give loyalty to club and fans, other than in the interests of keeping their obscene salary coming in. :NoNo:

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 17:22
You are right Graham but if ya love football it makes no difference.Look at the crazy money other sportsman get too-Golfers,Tennis players etc

Bluebirdjones
19th March 2014, 18:15
Was driving thru Madchester earlier and I noticed this road sign.
Anyone know who's playing ?

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 18:31
I have a crazy vision penalty shoot-out and we win! :biggrin:

Dedworth
19th March 2014, 18:50
Have you got the brown trousers washed & pressed Les :biggrin:

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 19:49
Tbh if we go through great if not so what.
More bothered about rebuilding for the future

Dedworth
19th March 2014, 20:27
Tbh if we go through great if not so what.
More bothered about rebuilding for the future

I think the knock on effect is the number of places/seedings for the PL teams that do qualify.

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 21:33
So far so good:biggrin:

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 21:54
Even better:xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 22:21
Nervewracking.com

andy222
19th March 2014, 22:39
Hes escaped for now.:biggrin:

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 22:42
Fantastic Rooney tonight and De Gea safe as houses.
Well we are one of the top 8 teams in the world now according to Jose:icon_lol:

andy222
19th March 2014, 22:58
I hope rooney stays in Manchester when the world cup comes around. England are better off without him. Overated and overpaid.

les_taxi
19th March 2014, 23:17
England need him
He has been great this season
Usual blinkered comments Andy
You won't find a commentator or pundit disagreeing
Yes he is overpaid tho

andy222
19th March 2014, 23:20
England dont need him Les you only have to look at how many goals he has scored. And england always look better without him.

les_taxi
20th March 2014, 00:18
England dont need him Les you only have to look at how many goals he has scored. And england always look better without him.

Andy I really worry about your knowledge of the game (must be with being West Brom fan)He plays a deeper roll these days and is often clearing balls in his own penalty area,scampering forward in midfield and creating chances and assists at the other end.
He is 9th this season in terms of goals scored in the premiership,No1 in the premiership in assists.
He is by far and away our best player this season.
I'm a big England fan and he will be there of course and if he can play for England as he has for united this season it's a massive boost:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
20th March 2014, 11:40
The problem is he is not as effective for england anybody who has watched the games will know that. Therefor he shouldnt be in the squad. In my opinion he is only picked because of media pressure.

andy222
20th March 2014, 11:42
He is 9th this season in terms of goals scored in the premiership,No1 in the premiership in assists.
He is by far and away our best player this season.
And you still owe Tiger £100. :laugher:

les_taxi
20th March 2014, 12:44
Yes tiger will soon get his dosh!
Still wrong about Rooney, he has been injured in at least 2 tournaments which hampered him
He is totally on form this season and he will be first name on team sheet.
I recall Gerrard under performing for England on many occasions but you would never leave him out.

bigmarco
20th March 2014, 17:05
I'm not sure Moyes is going to get piles of money to throw around. The Glazers are not known for throwing money around even with Fergie.
I agree with Ded times have changed and they can't afford to give him to much time and his situation is totally different to Fergie in that he inherited the champions. I think last nights win has bought him a bit longer but I honestly think if United had gone out last night playing poorly, he was in imminent danger. I believe he's united's new Wilf McGuinness taking over from a legend and messing it up.
Listening to the radio last night it's clear that Moyes has lost the fans.I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fergie back before the end of the season as a stop gap.

les_taxi
20th March 2014, 18:35
Listening to the radio last night it's clear that Moyes has lost the fans
well only angry ones rang in,i don't believe he has lost the fans at all.We were a classic side past their best (Liverpool<,Leeds etc)
We need rebuilding and I'm happy for moyes to continue and I'm sure he will.

andy222
20th March 2014, 19:57
Yes tiger will soon get his dosh!
Still wrong about Rooney, he has been injured in at least 2 tournaments which hampered him
He is totally on form this season and he will be first name on team sheet.
I recall Gerrard under performing for England on many occasions but you would never leave him out.
Like I said Les he will be the first name on the team sheet because of media pressure. Moyes inherited a winning team fact and he dont know how to manage them. Fergie ruled with fear and unfortunatley moyes is not in the same league when it comes to that.:wink:. It would be a big risk giving moyes money to spend. I said it before once fergie finishes you will see the difference but utd followers like yourself refuse to believe it. Thats why you lost your money.:biggrin: