PDA

View Full Version : Traveling 80 PH provinces: Ups, downs, discoveries

Terpe
15th March 2014, 18:37
by Che Gurrobat

I remember my 2009 trip to Mt. Pinatubo with two friends, the feeling of being free as I felt the heat of the morning sun while we were inside the 4x4, trudging along the rugged terrain.

After the hike, where we passed the boulder trail, we made it to a clearing, and I was unprepared for the magnificent view of the crater lake in front of me.

Source:-
http://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/travel/ph-travel/53098-travel-80-provinces-philippines

Ako Si Jamie
24th August 2014, 01:35
I've done a paltry 14 so far. Next up Ilocos Sur/Norte & La Union most likely.

Good find Peter! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
24th August 2014, 07:45
Some people have that impression that traveling is a hobby that’s only for those who have lots of money. Not true. Traveling, even on a shoestring budget, is very feasible.

Good point :xxgrinning--00xx3:
There are plenty of ways to reduce the prices of accommodations, transport and meals which take up most of the travel budget.

Ako Si Jamie
24th August 2014, 09:36
Agreed.

Even airfares can be unbelievably cheap if you catch a promo and have minimal luggage. Cost me £12 for a single flight from Clark to Kalibo a couple of years ago.

Also, if you're heading to a touristy place, look for where the locals eat. It could save you several hundred peso's per meal.

Michael Parnham
24th August 2014, 10:19
Lovely post Peter, whilst reading it I get the picture in my mind!:xxgrinning--00xx3: