PDA

View Full Version : At last! Not long now.

Slip
13th March 2014, 00:21
After around 18 months of talking everyday on skype for around 4 hours a day, Harlene and I have just logged off for the last time.

She is due to be at Singapore airport in around 1 hour to fly home to Philippines. So after 6 years of working there she finally has left her job, and is returning home and is preparing for my visit in May. and then our wedding in June.

So what do I do with my afternoons now, they have always been skype time. And I never go to bed until we have said goodnight or good morning (in Harlene's case) on skype.

Hopefully she will be able to skype from her sisters in Manila briefly.... but she probably won't be able to get internet once home. So it's going to be cheap calls (if i can find a good source) or texts for the next 6 weeks or so.

marksroomspain
13th March 2014, 00:27
After around 18 months of talking everyday on skype for around 4 hours a day, Harlene and I have just logged off for the last time.

She is due to be at Singapore airport in around 1 hour to fly home to Philippines. So after 6 years of working there she finally has left her job, and is returning home and is preparing for my visit in May. and then our wedding in June.

So what do I do with my afternoons now, they have always been skype time. And I never go to bed until we have said goodnight or good morning (in Harlene's case) on skype.

Hopefully she will be able to skype from her sisters in Manila briefly.... but she probably won't be able to get internet once home. So it's going to be cheap calls (if i can find a good source) or texts for the next 6 weeks or so.

It will soon pass Slip don't fret and no sooner than you think you will be there.

Enjoy yourselves and your magnificent journey ahead...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
13th March 2014, 00:32
i used to use http://www.chikka.com/
to text the misses, must be, as the program says 10yrs ago.

don't know if its still any good thou

Rosie1958
13th March 2014, 01:19
Hi Slip ....... congratulations on your forthcoming wedding! You will find a new routine soon, you have so much to look forward to and plenty to think about :xxgrinning--00xx3: Absence really does make the heart grow fonder :heartshape1: and I'm sure you will both really appreciate each other even more each time you are able to snatch a few minutes together before your marriage :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahame 1
13th March 2014, 09:07
Hi Skip look up a company called Localphone, that's what i used before my wife got here about 7.5 p a min

Doc Alan
13th March 2014, 09:31
Congratulations Slip, and best wishes for your forthcoming marriage to Harlene :smile: !

I use Viber, which does require WiFi / 3G access ( http://www.viber.com/#android ).

gWaPito
13th March 2014, 15:41
Depending on your plans Slip...it may work out cheaper buying a new/used smartphone here then get a sim there. Rates are very low. Worth it alone for peace of mind. 24/7 contact is a must in my book.

grahamw48
14th March 2014, 17:47
As well as facebook chat, my partner and I use whatsapp (free text and voice recorded messages...which are pretty much instant), also Viber.

For calls from my landline to her mobile....0871 881 7777, then wait for operator prompt, followed by the Phils full number 0063 etc, but drop the zero from the Phils local area code. 8 pence a minute.

gWaPito
14th March 2014, 18:02
Things have moved along since I was chatting to the Philippines 6 years ago. The smartphones have changed all that. I'm now using Facebook messenger. To date, it's proving a reliable source of communication for on the go....we use the conventional tabletop jobbies when at our respective homes.

Slip
14th March 2014, 18:22
As well as facebook chat, my partner and I use whatsapp (free text and voice recorded messages...which are pretty much instant), also Viber.

For calls from my landline to her mobile....0871 881 7777, then wait for operator prompt, followed by the Phils full number 0063 etc, but drop the zero from the Phils local area code. 8 pence a minute.

That sounds good..... as I would be calling her mobile via my landline/mobile

Currently texts are costing 17p each

Dedworth
14th March 2014, 18:36
That sounds good..... as I would be calling her mobile via my landline/mobile

Currently texts are costing 17p each

Have a look here

http://www.fishtext.com/

stevie c
14th March 2014, 18:42
Congrats in your upcoming wedding slip
My florsel uses viber free calls to contact her family