PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone! First time in this forum and also about to live in the Uk

leonil7
12th March 2014, 22:56
kamusta po! thanks for accepting me in the forum.

im working in ireland, also already a citizen of ireland after years of ofw effort ;)

now i found work in Birmingham city centre in an engineering consulting firm (near the train station) hopefully to start 3rd wk of april.

will be my first time in that city, i dont know anyone. but dugong ofw po kaya sabak sa unknown ok lang.

im scanning online looking for a room/place to stay, any chance any pinoy's here from Birmingham know or could recommend any for rent ?

sharing with any nice pinoy family would really provide me a soft landing in the uk with less risk, and also to connect with our kababayan. preference is big enough room than a single room size, some quiet after 9pm, has internet. dont mind sharing bills. no bad habits for me, loves to chat, walking and hiking, read books and listen to solopiano music, taga-davao po sa atin. salamat!

irishman12
12th March 2014, 23:21
Hello, welcome to the forum. Sad that you have to leave Ireland for Birmingham, you could try this association:- Makabayan Filipino Association
Birmingham City Area

Contact name:
Malou: 0121 4435218
Naty: 0121 7842934 or

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fil.association.birmingham/

What part of Ireland are you in?

Rosie1958
13th March 2014, 01:34
Welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

Terpe
13th March 2014, 11:25
Hi leonil7, welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

Here's hoping your move works well....Birmingham is very well placed for travelling around England. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
13th March 2014, 12:10
A warm welcome to the forum, hope you are successful finding a place Leonil7! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

leonil7
14th March 2014, 10:08
hi thanks all for the welcome!

from co carlow. lots of connections also with filipinos in kildare and cork. i have travelled around ireland quite a bit (working as telecom engineer), was thinking of travelling around uk. so transferring to the UK interests me, esp for my hiking and photography hobby. but im not really leaving ireland, really nice courteous folks here. gonna spot visit once a month if i can.

thanks for the tel info ill keep in touch with them. :smile:

Hello, welcome to the forum. Sad that you have to leave Ireland for Birmingham, you could try this association:- Makabayan Filipino Association
Birmingham City Area

Contact name:
Malou: 0121 4435218
Naty: 0121 7842934 or

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fil.association.birmingham/

What part of Ireland are you in?

chino
15th March 2014, 21:38
welcome and i am sure you will like england... it's a big city so you may find it a little shock when you first move over..

stevie c
16th March 2014, 01:31
Welcome to our friendly forum :Wave:

Arthur Little
16th March 2014, 23:00
welcome and i am sure you will like England... it's a big city ...

................................................... :Erm: ... Birmingham, that is!

Arthur Little
16th March 2014, 23:05
:welcomex: to 'Filipino/UK', Leon ... and best wishes with your new job next month. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

leonil7
24th March 2014, 09:24
Thanks Arthur :smile: