PDA

View Full Version : cava courier service limits?

Philip
28th December 2005, 19:06
Does this new cava courier service have limits on what is allowed when you apply for a visa?

Weight, size of photo albums etc?

ginapeterb
28th December 2005, 21:13
Originally posted by manila bound@Dec 28 2005, 06:06 PM
Does this new cava courier service have limits on what is allowed when you apply for a visa?

Quoted post

Good question ? can you find out for us..as none of us..had to use that !, but I think you dont send your photo albums with the courier, as its likely your wife fiancee will be called in for an interview, my pal just got his wife to UK and she was asked to bring everything for an interview after being given a date when her courier took all the docs, seems like the old system is still in place, and its just dressed up to look different..sorry folks....its the way it is !

andypaul
29th December 2005, 01:08
Originally posted by manila bound@Dec 28 2005, 07:06 PM

Quoted post

Back in september 05 my Wife was handed a large sized jiffy bag (Can't rember the size off hand) which was big enough for only some of the Paperwork we had collected. This had to contain both photocopies and orignals. At first my Wife couldn't fit all the papers in, so after my wife phoning the Cava hotline and me Emailing while on the way to work the Embassy,was advised to reduce the evidence we were to send. The Embassy seemed to be shocked that we couldn't fit all the paperwork we had in the bag.

We were in the first wave of the "New Procedure" and even with a lite version of our evidence a Visa was issued for my wife.

With regards to photos from our own experience and what i have read of others experiences, its best to send in the pictures (proper prints if poss not scanned I would suggest) pasted on to paper the same size as the rest of your paperwork.

We had a mixture of "real" and digtal photos, the digtal I printed out onto the same size paper. I would put the pictures in order and if possible have notes alongside explaing briefly where they were taken and who is in the pictures.

Its worth playing around with the software and hardware you intend to use. I used word,excel,adobe acrobat,powerpoint, paint and many more, to produce our folder of evidence.

To reduce paper used its worth playing with font sizes, learning to resize photos so more can fit on to one page,fitting more than one screen dump of yahoo chat history on a page etc.

Pauldo
29th December 2005, 01:52
Originally posted by manila bound@Dec 28 2005, 07:06 PM

Quoted post

I don't think photo albums should be in the application. Maybe a dozen or two separate piccies in an envelope, but not whole albums.

We recently sent in the application for my mom in law, and everything was gone through with a fine tooth comb by somebody in the PLDT telephone office, who was on the phone to the embassy checking items off one by one. She sent in a fair wad of papers, copies and originals. You can get a hell of a lot of flat sheets of paper in an A4 jiffy bag.

It took just six weeks from CAVA collecting the pile, to the interview, to getting the visas issued, so things have sped up a lot.

When my wife got hers, four years ago, we were told the waiting list was six months for an interview, but she was given a stand up interview on the spot and it was all over in a day.

Philip
29th December 2005, 16:16
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Dec 28 2005, 08:13 PM
Good question ? can you find out for us..as none of us..had to use that !, but I think you dont send your photo albums with the courier, as its likely your wife fiancee will be called in for an interview, my pal just got his wife to UK and she was asked to bring everything for an interview after being given a date when her courier took all the docs, seems like the old system is still in place, and its just dressed up to look different..sorry folks....its the way it is !

Quoted post

Apologies, I just assumed... so the courier only took away documents. not evidence of relationship/proof you have met etc?

confused! :blink:

This whole process is one hell of a head ......, not helped by the uncertainty about their 'ways of doing things' over at manila hq. :D

Pauldo
30th December 2005, 02:21
Originally posted by manila bound@Dec 29 2005, 04:16 PM
Apologies, I just assumed... so the courier only took away documents. not evidence of relationship/proof you have met etc?

confused! :blink:

This whole process is one hell of a head ......, not helped by the uncertainty about their 'ways of doing things' over at manila hq. :D

Quoted post

You can put anything you like in the couriers bag, if it is part of your application, as the application form asks for proof of this and that, supporting documents etc.

If they want to see something and you DIDN'T put it in, then they will automatically schedule an appointment.