PDA

View Full Version : Snob Filipinos in UK

chiechie
2nd March 2014, 22:09
Is it just me? Or has anyone else (Filipinas) experienced being ignored or worse, avoided by fellow Filipino when you see them on the streets, malls, shops, etc.?

My Dad used to work in Israel for 10 years and he said that the Filipinos there have a solid community and help each other out. They even go to outings and festivals. So far in my 4 years (nearly 5) here in England, I have not met a "friendly" Filipino/Filipina stranger yet. All the ones I see in the streets would either avert their eyes or pretend they did not see you. Worse was when me and my husband went to a Filipino restaurant, everyone there looked us up in an uncomfortable way. We just happen to belong to different races but we are normal people too!

Other awkward moments includes when they keep trying to speak in English while talking to me when I can clearly tell they are Filipinos because of the accent. Sometimes I would speak Filipino (Tagalog) first to break the ice but they would still carry on speaking English that's why I gave up by now. I don't smile or try to establish any connections anymore. I know not everyone is a snob but so far the ones I happen to bump into are. :cwm25:

Moy
2nd March 2014, 22:25
Is it just me? Or has anyone else (Filipinas) experienced being ignored or worse, avoided by fellow Filipino when you see them on the streets, malls, shops, etc.?

My Dad used to work in Israel for 10 years and he said that the Filipinos there have a solid community and help each other out. They even go to outings and festivals. So far in my 4 years (nearly 5) here in England, I have not met a "friendly" Filipino/Filipina stranger yet. All the ones I see in the streets would either avert their eyes or pretend they did not see you. Worse was when me and my husband went to a Filipino restaurant, everyone there looked us up in an uncomfortable way. We just happen to belong to different races but we are normal people too!

Other awkward moments includes when they keep trying to speak in English while talking to me when I can clearly tell they are Filipinos because of the accent. Sometimes I would speak Filipino (Tagalog) first to break the ice but they would still carry on speaking English that's why I gave up by now. I don't smile or try to establish any connections anymore. I know not everyone is a snob but so far the ones I happen to bump into are. :cwm25:

yea i agree somehow...sadly it is true...but if you meet me I would make sure we can be friends...I had experience those loads of time...:action-smiley-081::biggrin: ignore it..and i just go on I'm here in the UK same as you but i only know 4 filipina..seen so much fellow filifina/filipino..:bigcry::NoNo::doh but as you say....crap...:Cuckoo::cwm24::icon_lol: oh well not our loss....:ReadIt::xxaction-smiley-047:Rasp:

chiechie
2nd March 2014, 22:33
It is sad, isn't it Moy? You would think that they would be excited to be with fellow kababayans! That is sweet of you :smile: I am friendly enough as well, only now I wait for the other person to make the first move. Too many embarrassing moments wherein I looked like I was a smiling psycho!

Moy
2nd March 2014, 22:38
It is sad, isn't it Moy? You would think that they would be excited to be with fellow kababayans! That is sweet of you :smile: I am friendly enough as well, only now I wait for the other person to make the first move. Too many embarrassing moments wherein I looked like I was a smiling psycho!

Where u at?? here in UK MAYBE WE COULD MEET :biggrin:..I'll be very friendly :wink::76::icon_lol:

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 22:45
I'm sa Swindon Moy. Ikaw labaw pa kay sa welcome dinhi :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
2nd March 2014, 22:47
I'm sa Swindon Moy. Ikaw labaw pa kay sa welcome dinhi :xxgrinning--00xx3:

unya moanhe ka :biggrin::grosyeux:dri gang..kay mag inom:hubbahubba::laugher: ta :action-smiley-081::biggrin::cwm24::Rasp: hehehe

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 22:52
Sa labing gamay nga wala makig-estorya balik sa Iningles

Moy
2nd March 2014, 23:01
Sa labing gamay nga wala makig-estorya balik sa Iningles

ay tekalon man sa imo gwapo ged..budlay na cge ka tikal :icon_lol: :Rasp: :laugher: :action-smiley-081:

chiechie
2nd March 2014, 23:20
I live in Staines :)

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 23:27
I think you'll find that it's the ex bargirls who are the snobbiest. :cwm25:

With me and the ex, I'm convinced that they were just overwhelmed by the handsomeness of her hubby. :biggrin:

SimonH
2nd March 2014, 23:33

With me and the ex, I'm convinced that they were just overwhelmed by the handsomeness of her hubby. :biggrin:

You sure it wasn't the modesty :wink:

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 23:37
You sure it wasn't the modesty :wink:

No...don't think it was that. :Erm:

raynaputi
2nd March 2014, 23:45
Whenever I see Filipinas, if they do look at me, I smile to them. But if they move their eyes away from me when they see me looking at them, then I don't bother. It's like they've forgotten how to smile when they got here..:anerikke: But there are times that I don't really see them unless Keith pointed it out to me that I've got "relatives" around the place.
I'm not really a good observant. :icon_lol:

mercedes
3rd March 2014, 01:45
I experienced that also in Singapore filipina ignoring and looking in me from head to toe they are not friendly :Cuckoo:

gWaPito
3rd March 2014, 02:48

It's always in them..never goes

tiger31
3rd March 2014, 03:22
Staines ? That probably explains it ya amongst da essex girls they are all plastic lmao oh shat up :biggrin:

SimonH
3rd March 2014, 07:12
staines ? that proberly explains it ya amongst da essex girls they are all plastic lmao oh shat up :biggrin:

Not unless they've moved it Tiger :Erm: Staines is in Surrey, just down the road from Heathrow :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
3rd March 2014, 07:33
Not unless they've moved it Tiger :Erm: Staines is in Surrey, just down the road from Heathrow :xxgrinning--00xx3:

haha they,re all the same :biggrin:

stevewool
3rd March 2014, 07:56
i also thought that too, when walking with my Ems and seeing the people who Ems talks to.

But how wrong was i, it was me who was standing back a little, plus their husbands partners too, once the ladies do get together you cant get a word in edgeways, and i love it, seeing me Ems talking with her new and old friends makes me feel so good

grahamw48
3rd March 2014, 09:52
I experienced that also in Singapore filipina ignoring and looking in me from head to toe they are not friendly :Cuckoo:

Must have been jealousy Mercedes. :biggrin:

stevie c
3rd March 2014, 10:18

I always thought that Staines was in Middlesex :Erm:

grahamw48
3rd March 2014, 10:38
Likewise. :Erm:

RickyR
3rd March 2014, 10:52
This sadly happens with all nationalities, especially when they are overseas and nobody knows their background. Sometimes people want to forget their past and reinvent themselves as someone new and snobbery can be a part of that sadly.

grahamw48
3rd March 2014, 11:02
This is true Ricky...and I guess we also like to feel 'special' in a foreign land.

Particularly annoying when you're in the middle of the Sarawak jungle, loaded with a 50kg backpack, wiping the sweat from your brow and thinking you're Bear Grylls, when suddenly you happen upon a party of OAPs from Scunthorpe on a day out from the nearest cruise ship. :Brick:

SimonH
3rd March 2014, 11:08
I always thought that Staines was in Middlesex :Erm:

Here you go :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staines-upon-Thames

RickyR
3rd March 2014, 12:28
This is true Ricky...and I guess we also like to feel 'special' in a foreign land.

Particularly annoying when you're in the middle of the Sarawak jungle, loaded with a 50kg backpack, wiping the sweat from your brow and thinking you're Bear Grylls, when suddenly you happen upon a party of OAPs from Scunthorpe on a day out from the nearest cruise ship. :Brick:

haha yes.

Steve.r
3rd March 2014, 12:39
I find that about many westerners here in Phil's too.

RickyR
3rd March 2014, 12:47
You also get a few Walter Mittys Steve. When I was in Cebu I was told that I must must meet someone who was an ex Cruise Ship Captain, but somehow whenever we ended up in the same place he left or avoided me. Eventually I met him and got talking and realised that perhaps he'd once been a passenger on a Dover-Calais ferry, but that was the limit...

Just goes to show.

Dedworth
3rd March 2014, 13:06
Whenever I see Filipinas, if they do look at me, I smile to them. But if they move their eyes away from me when they see me looking at them, then I don't bother. It's like they've forgotten how to smile when they got here..:anerikke: :icon_lol:

Mrs D says the same - it's the "snobs" who avert their gaze and don't return the smile. Very rude

Dedworth
3rd March 2014, 13:12

You live in a snob town Chiechie :biggrin:

After 100's of years as plain old Staines 2 years ago the local council laughably changed its name to Staines-upon-Thames to try to compete with the Henleys, Richmonds etc. Doesn't change my opinion though - don't take this the wrong way but I can't stand the place :biggrin:

The Surrey town made famous by spoof rapper Ali G has officially changed its name in a bid to improve its image.

Staines yesterday marked its official rebirth as the more upmarket Staines-upon-Thames in a day of celebration that included boat races, maypole dancing and music performances.

The commuter town's rebranding hopes to attract more business and tourists to the area, highlighting its location on the banks of the River Thames and historical links.

Councillor Colin Davis said the town had 'a reputational difficulty - nationally and internationally', when the move was voted in by the local council last year.

The proposal is said to have come from its 'economic development theme group', which 'believed current negative perceptions of Staines were limiting investment and economic growth'.

Cllr Davis told the BBC yesterday: 'Ali G may have had a role, but I think it goes back further than that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2147516/The-Ali-G-effect-Town-Staines-rebrands-Staines-Thames-bid-shake-association.html#ixzz2utuV5VCS

Dedworth
3rd March 2014, 13:18
You also get a few Walter Mittys Steve. When I was in Cebu I was told that I must must meet someone who was an ex Cruise Ship Captain, but somehow whenever we ended up in the same place he left or avoided me. Eventually I met him and got talking and realised that perhaps he'd once been a passenger on a Dover-Calais ferry, but that was the limit...

Just goes to show.

There's a few websites about the "Military" Walts http://www.parachuteregiment-hsf.org/Walter%20Mitty.htm

Arthur Little
3rd March 2014, 13:38
You live in a snob town Chiechie :biggrin:

After 100's of years as plain old Staines 2 years ago the local council laughably changed its name to Staines-upon-Thames to try to compete with the Henleys, Richmonds etc. Doesn't change my opinion though

Councillors in "Staines" may wrack their brains :23_111_9[1]:... but re~names will ne'er change :biggrin: 'em (the inherent attitudes of the native population) :NoNo:

Dedworth
3rd March 2014, 13:44
Superb Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd March 2014, 13:58
Superb Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:smile: Thanks for the rep, Ded ... I've since altered my wording (slightly)
in order to make it better~befit the actions of Staines councillors. :wink:

malditako
3rd March 2014, 14:07

I dont speak tagalog to my friends in public or whenever theres English person around. Its my way of respecting them being in their country. Not with emms steve though :icon_lol:

jake
3rd March 2014, 14:28
Councillors in "Staines" may wrack their brains :23_111_9[1]:... but re~names will ne'er change :biggrin: 'em (the inherent attitudes of the native population) :NoNo:

Pure dead brilliant! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
3rd March 2014, 15:10

oh Staines my first place since i get here UK..:biggrin: FIRST shop i went to buy a proper boots and leggings was Matalan Staines :cwm24::biggrin:

chiechie
3rd March 2014, 17:24
I was like that before Rayna...then I got tired. I just generally don't bother anymore! What you said is true though, it seems like they have forgotten where they came from and who they are altogether! My husband is the same, he is the one who normally points out fellow Filipinos :smile:

chiechie
3rd March 2014, 17:26
awwww......I wonder why though? My good friend often jokes that maybe they are scared that we want to ask some loan from them! lol!

chiechie
3rd March 2014, 17:28
Yup that's it Simon! Apparently the right name now is Staines-Upon-Thames :)

chiechie
3rd March 2014, 17:32
ooohhhhhh....I see....:) anyways, I always return a smile to those who bother smiling first :)

purple
3rd March 2014, 17:40
I completely understand how you feel, but I think it's also good to look at the other side of the view. We filipinas look similar to Thai, Indonesians, Malay, etc... I think they are just trying to be on the safe side. It happened to me loads of time too. These nationalities I bumped into started talking to me.. then I bumped into one and turns out she wasn't a filipino.

Just stay cool and keep your friendly spirits up. Nothing will be taken away from you if you continue to be who you are :) Leave them being snobs.. they're probably just having a bad hair day. We cannot judge our own fellows or anyone.

grahamw48
3rd March 2014, 17:56
I was meaning to mention that also purple.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's like me assuming that any white guy I see in the Phils etc, is from the UK. :smile:

Steve.r
4th March 2014, 00:51
Having said what I did before, I have made a couple of good friends while out shopping.

fred
4th March 2014, 01:02
I always remember it being in Middlesex too but a quick search says that county doesn't exist anymore!!

Perhaps it is in Surrey then!! :icon_lol:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 02:41
I was like that before Rayna...then I got tired. I just generally don't bother anymore! What you said is true though, it seems like they have forgotten where they came from and who they are altogether! My husband is the same, he is the one who normally points out fellow Filipinos :smile:

I did the same...only to make you guys feel at home :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 02:43
I completely understand how you feel, but I think it's also good to look at the other side of the view. We filipinas look similar to Thai, Indonesians, Malay, etc... I think they are just trying to be on the safe side. It happened to me loads of time too. These nationalities I bumped into started talking to me.. then I bumped into one and turns out she wasn't a filipino.

Just stay cool and keep your friendly spirits up. Nothing will be taken away from you if you continue to be who you are :) Leave them being snobs.. they're probably just having a bad hair day. We cannot judge our own fellows or anyone.

So true Purple

Worth a rep :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 02:45
I was meaning to mention that also purple.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's like me assuming that any white guy I see in the Phils etc, is from the UK. :smile:

I must admit..I don't make the effort to talk either :NoNo:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 02:50
awwww......I wonder why though? My good friend often jokes that maybe they are scared that we want to ask some loan from them! lol!
The wife experienced that when ''friends'' and family knew she had me....which we all know in the Philippines means never to return :NoNo::doh

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 02:54
oh Staines my first place since i get here UK..:biggrin: FIRST shop i went to buy a proper boots and leggings was Matalan Staines :cwm24::biggrin:

I like Staines :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: Handy for the motorway and the airport. They've got 2 good tesco stores as well, at Bulls Bridge and at yeading :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
4th March 2014, 11:20
I like Staines :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: Handy for the motorway and the airport. They've got 2 good tesco stores as well, at Bulls Bridge and at yeading :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Check your SatNav Gwap - Yeading & Bulls Bridge are both North of the M4 bordering sheds for beds Hillingdon & Southall :biggrin:

Staines (upon Thames) is still awaiting Tescoisation it only has a HomePlus store

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 13:43
Check your SatNav Gwap - Yeading & Bulls Bridge are both North of the M4 bordering sheds for beds Hillingdon & Southall :biggrin:

Staines (upon Thames) is still awaiting Tescoisation it only has a HomePlus store

:icon_lol: I'm mixing it up wd Hayes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 13:48
http://www.iopeningtimes.co.uk/Tesco/Staines-Ashford-Middlesex/

Tesco Ashford Middlesex Superstore
Town Lane
Staines
Middlesex
TW19 7PZ

Our delivery paperwork states Ashford..

scottishbride
4th March 2014, 21:06

Do not worry too much. You are not alone. I think majority of them are snobs. But not all! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I have been in the same boat like you. I get so excited when I see my fellow Filipinas. But now, I have to make eye contact to them first if she smiled at I smiled back. If she doesn't make eye contact, I just move on and act like nothing... You can really tell kunbaga... body language. You will know if she's friendly or not. :biggrin:

Moy
4th March 2014, 21:44
http://www.iopeningtimes.co.uk/Tesco/Staines-Ashford-Middlesex/

Tesco Ashford Middlesex Superstore
Town Lane
Staines
Middlesex
TW19 7PZ

Our delivery paperwork states Ashford..

Oh, I went there weeks ago..my sister in law works at nearby hospital in Ashford :wink:

Moy
4th March 2014, 21:45
Do not worry too much. You are not alone. I think majority of them are snobs. But not all! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I have been in the same boat like you. I get so excited when I see my fellow Filipinas. But now, I have to make eye contact to them first if she smiled at I smiled back. If she doesn't make eye contact, I just move on and act like nothing... You can really tell kunbaga... body language. You will know if she's friendly or not. :biggrin:

sabihan mo lang mabuhay..:biggrin::icon_lol:

chiechie
4th March 2014, 22:40
Moy, are you sure we haven't met yet? I pass Tesco's right across Ashford Hospital on my way to work everyday :)

Moy
4th March 2014, 22:44
Moy, are you sure we haven't met yet? I pass Tesco's right across Ashford Hospital on my way to work everyday :)

I haven't lived there chie lols I only went there to visit my inlaws weeks ago and seen my sister in law as to where she work. :wink:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 23:16
Oh, I went there weeks ago..my sister in law works at nearby hospital in Ashford :wink:

I'll give you a call next time i go there :biggrin:

It's a small world we live in

gWaPito
5th March 2014, 00:03
Thanks for the rep whoever just gave me it :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
5th March 2014, 00:22
I've noticed a distinct lack of friendliness of SOME Pinay in this country, and wifey was even warned of this attitude by another Pinay when she arrived.......some of them seem to think they are something special depending how long they've been in the uk. The longer they've been here, the more of a cut above the rest they seem to think they are she said.

Some - not all of course.

I can't help thinking the attitude is more a case of "we've got our British residency, we don't have to pretend we like you anymore"

Any thoughts?

gWaPito
5th March 2014, 00:37
Plenty of thoughts Iani :xxgrinning--00xx3: I've witnessed it many time even at the restaurants where they seem to congragate. They've forgotten where they've come from :NoNo::doh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZckTdo_0Gjk&feature=player_detailpage

The scars deep inside never heal

Just a thought :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th March 2014, 13:35
Plenty of thoughts Iani :xxgrinning--00xx3: I've witnessed it many time even at the restaurants where they seem to congragate. Theyve forgotten where theyve come from :NoNo::doh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZckTdo_0Gjk&feature=player_detailpage

The scars deep inside never heal

Just a thought :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

You mean they can afford to eat out Mark! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
5th March 2014, 20:35
You mean they can afford to eat out Mark! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Even wear clothes :biggrin:

Moy
5th March 2014, 23:09
I've noticed a distinct lack of friendliness of SOME Pinay in this country, and wifey was even warned of this attitude by another Pinay when she arrived.......some of them seem to think they are something special depending how long they've been in the uk. The longer they've been here, the more of a cut above the rest they seem to think they are she said.

Some - not all of course.

I can't help thinking the attitude is more a case of "we've got our British residency, we don't have to pretend we like you anymore"

Any thoughts?

I'm not a snob. I can make a meal out of anything. I can eat anywhere.:biggrin::icon_lol:

Moy
5th March 2014, 23:12
Even wear clothes :biggrin:

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. :Cuckoo::icon_lol:

Terpe
6th March 2014, 10:48
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.:Cuckoo::icon_lol:

To put it another way...In front of every woman with rolling eyes is a great man :biggrin:

:Cuckoo::sunshine::xxaction-smiley-047:Rasp::ARsurrender:

grahamw48
6th March 2014, 10:48
:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
6th March 2014, 11:47
That rollin eyes business used to get under my skin!!!!:cwm23: WTF!!!!!!

Moy
6th March 2014, 12:36
To put it another way...In front of every woman with rolling eyes is a great man :biggrin:

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.:laugher:

Moy
6th March 2014, 12:40

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty:action-smiley-081:. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.:icon_lol::laugher:

Moy
6th March 2014, 12:51
That rollin eyes business used to get under my skin!!!!:cwm23: WTF!!!!!!

just think I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.:icon_lol::cwm24::Rasp:

gWaPito
6th March 2014, 13:39
just think I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.:icon_lol::cwm24::Rasp:
Bit early for the vino Moy ?

Moy
6th March 2014, 14:35
Bit early for the vino Moy ?
:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

purple
6th March 2014, 19:08
thanks for the rep gwaps.. it's a fact.

gWaPito
6th March 2014, 19:20
thanks for the rep gwaps.. it's a fact.

What's a fact? Sorry, I'm a bit slow :biggrin:

The rep. ...you're always welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I issue them when I can :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RicIre
8th March 2014, 21:50
The longer they've been here, the more of a cut above the rest they seem to think they are she said.

Any thoughts?

Because they think they have lighter skin, LV bag, iPhone, platform shoes and big sunglasses that cover half of their face... which make them better than the rest. They are the type who wouldn't want to be seen talking to FOBs (fresh off the boat) if that's the right term? :biggrin: who are usually darker, strong accent and dress less "social" etc etc.

I'll say ignore them.

grahamw48
8th March 2014, 22:07
Apart from the iPhone, that could well have described me back in the 70s.

Long dark hair ? :Erm:

RicIre
8th March 2014, 22:10

:yikes:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

gWaPito
9th March 2014, 00:22
I'm not a snob. I can make a meal out of anything. I can eat anywhere. :biggrin::icon_lol:

You sound like my sort of gal :heartshape1:

gWaPito
9th March 2014, 00:24
Because they think they have lighter skin, LV bag, iPhone, platform shoes and big sunglasses that cover half of their face... which make them better than the rest. They are the type who wouldn't want to be seen talking to FOBs (fresh off the boat) if that's the right term? :biggrin: who are usually darker, strong accent and dress less "social" etc etc.

I'll say ignore them.

Hahahaha :laugher::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm glad that came from you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
9th March 2014, 00:26

Graham's on the ball :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

RicIre
9th March 2014, 00:58
Hahahaha :laugher::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm glad that came from you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Haha I met one of those recently actually, this was when I was checking in the airport in Gensan. A loud mouth Australian-Pinay pushed right in front of me like I didn't exist. She probably think she get the pass for wearing big sunglasses :crazy:

I told her that the queue is behind me :icon_lol:

gWaPito
9th March 2014, 01:31
Yes, I can imagine :icon_lol: Some have got their heads well and truly stuck up their own ar$es :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just given you a rep for making me laugh. I'm easily pleased.

Jentobeharrison
9th March 2014, 03:29
I guess it's not just happening there. Whenever I see women who are walking with their foreign partners here they will look at me from head to toe and make me feel like I am inferior and it's worse when I am with my fiance but who do they think they are? I am pretty sure that they only got their arrogance when their foreign partner started to support them. So what I do is to roll my eyes back to them, duh? they're barking at the wrong tree.

What you can do is just to ignore them, you cannot do anything about those people who are lacking in education and manners.

Michael Parnham
9th March 2014, 07:21
The thing I've noticed with Filipinas is regarding manners, they always say thank you, but never say please! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
9th March 2014, 09:48
Just cultural differences I'm sure Michael. :wink:

They make up for it in so many other ways though. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RicIre
9th March 2014, 10:28
Yes, I can imagine :icon_lol: Some have got their heads well and truly stuck up their own ar$es :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just given you a rep for making me laugh. I'm easily pleased.

Oh cheers mate, I don't think I have those rep buttons showing, probably because of low post count.

Funny thing is, I first asked her > "Hi where did you come from?" (as in how did you get in front of me all of the sudden :biggrin: ) and I sounded like I was genuinely interested which western country she came from, like I was impress the way she is dressed and talked on the phone... then only to tell her to get back of the queue. :Wave:

gWaPito
9th March 2014, 10:50
Hi Rick....you have the star symbol next to the warning triangle. Click over the star and that will give you the option :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Keep posting mate :biggrin:

malditako
11th March 2014, 23:04
they are probably here in uk for a long time that seeing a fellow filipino is already normal to them so not bother to chat anymore

grahamw48
11th March 2014, 23:34
Good point. Also, I believe sometimes Thai ladies and Filipinas are not sure whether or not they are from the same country, so hesitate to speak. :smile:

han
13th March 2014, 10:51
Here in the Borders there's not many Pinoys and Pinays :cwm25: :cwm25:

So whenever I will see same profile as me I give my smile instantly, :biggrin: :biggrin: I only know 2 Pinays w/in the area and 1 Pinoy at work.

gWaPito
13th March 2014, 11:51
Here in the Borders theres not much Pinoys and Pinays :cwm25: :cwm25:
So whenever I will see same profile as me I give my smile instantly, :biggrin: :biggrin: I only know 2 Pinays w/ in the area and 1 Pinoy at work.

The immense infiltration is beyond our comprehension :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
13th March 2014, 12:29
Since 1989 never come across Filipina ignoring one another in any public place they all seem to want to chat to each other, just wish we could see some locally in order to approach them because Maritess just looks like any other Brit apart from her cute little flat nose! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
13th March 2014, 12:39

You're not the only one love. I have experienced that as well and it breaks my heart because we are in a foreign country and we should be one and yet they don't care. I then learned that they experienced the same as what I am experiencing so I couldn't blame them at all.

Best to do is give a look if they look back and smile first then you smile and if they talk english to you, keep talking in Tagalog. That's what I do anyway.

Don't worry, there are more people around that deserves your friendship. Don't waste it to someone that doesn't deserve it. Keep chin up! :)

han
13th March 2014, 13:00
(cute little flat nose!) Michael Parnham
My husband describes mine as like button :icon_lol: :biggrin: :omg: :cwm23:

(Dont worry, there are more people around that deserves your friendship. Dont waste it to someone that doesnt deserve it. Keep chin up!)

well said melovesengland!

Moy
13th March 2014, 15:03
Since 1989 never come across Filipina ignoring one another in any public place they all seem to want to chat to each other, just wish we could see some locally in order to approach them because Maritess just looks like any other Brit apart from her cute little flat nose! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
13th March 2014, 15:41
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.
:wink:

gWaPito
13th March 2014, 18:55
You're not by any chance blind Moy?

Moy
13th March 2014, 19:02
You're not by any chance blind Moy?

I'll would rather be blind in case I'll :Wave: :biggrin: :action-smiley-081: :Cuckoo: bump you

Michael Parnham
13th March 2014, 20:07
I'll would rather be blind in case I'll :Wave: :biggrin: :action-smiley-081: :Cuckoo: bump you

:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

grahamw48
13th March 2014, 20:08
To most blokes, things are purely visual. :hubbahubba:

Sorry Moy. :biggrin:

Moy
13th March 2014, 20:42
To most blokes, things are purely visual. :hubbahubba:

Sorry Moy. :biggrin:

exactly Graham :biggrin: “Men are visually aroused by women's bodies and less sensitive to their arousal by women's personalities because they are trained early into that response, while women are less visually aroused and more emotionally aroused because that is their training.:icon_lol::cwm24:

Moy
13th March 2014, 20:46
:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits:action-smiley-081::laugher::laugher:

grahamw48
13th March 2014, 20:46
True Moy, but all those mentions of 'arousal' in your reply have made me feel rather peculiar :cwm24: and now I'm going to have to go lie down for a while. :Cuckoo:

Moy
13th March 2014, 20:48
True Moy, but all those mentions of 'arousal' :cwm24: in your reply have made me feel rather peculiar, and now I'm going to have to go lie down for a while. :Cuckoo:

"Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands" :icon_lol::laugher:

chino
15th March 2014, 00:41
my ex got to meet some nice filipino's here in York... though also did meet some filipino's who were not apart the filipino community in York who told her to leave the others alone as they all talked among each other...

Though to be honest as an outsider.. the locals here (I had around for tea a few times) - really tried to help her adjust (brought her food etc)

Sadly it did not work out, but from what i learnt i was very happy for the local filipino community.

MissDi
25th March 2014, 15:43
very true. my first experiences were like that too (been here for 7 mos. now) and ive come to realize most Filipinas are really like that up to now. sad isn't it? they seem to act as if theyre somebody and i dont have any idea why. oh well. just glad i found few who r very nice and close to me now. goodluck and dont stress about it dearie. if ur here nearby we could meet but gosh ur somewhere a bit far. lol

gWaPito
25th March 2014, 18:06
Some have short memories too....I remember my family and I boarding the plane in Manila going to KL. We were walking up to our seats and I noticed there was a Filipina sat next to my wife's seat sobbing her heart out. She was alone, obviously an overseas worker...when she see our little tribe taking our seats she perked up.....The wife ignored her :NoNo: I was gutted, gutted for the Filipina....Short memories, indeed :mad:

FilipinaDiver
15th April 2014, 20:14
This is very sad and very true! I have worked in Egypt for years and Pinoys would gather every Friday (mind you to attend the mass) and you could just feel and hear them talking often badly about someone who's not around, so that's one of the reason I stopped going to the church :Rasp: . And pinoy men would do their tricks on you despite telling them that you're taken!

I took a day out in Manchester today and saw 2 middle age women, I could pretty spot a Filipina I must say: jeans, 'rebonded' hair with hair dye which is at least a year old, distinctive gait and always holding a mobile (latest model ofc!). I smiled at them but they ignored me hahaha! Anyway, as I went home I bumped into this cool-looking mid-age Pinay, she saw me from a far and asked "Pinay?!", she's so jolly and I would love to see her again soon.

grahamw48
15th April 2014, 21:54
What does this 'rebonded' hair mean ? :Erm:

I sometimes see it mentioned on facebook by Filipino friends, so got to thinking... maybe I could have some 'rebonded' on to the top of my head. :cwm25:

FilipinaDiver
15th April 2014, 22:40
grahamw48, hair rebonding is uber cheap in the Philippines, well it depends on where and who your stylist it. Basically, Hair rebonding is a process which permanently and chemically straightens your hair and makes it sleek, shiny and straight. Yes, some women do need a bit of a trick to woo a man.

gWaPito
15th April 2014, 22:52
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.
:wink:

Speak for yourself :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
15th April 2014, 22:59
very true. my first experiences were like that too (been here for 7 mos. now) and ive come to realize most Filipinas are really like that up to now. sad isn't it? they seem to act as if theyre somebody and i dont have any idea why. oh well. just glad i found few who r very nice and close to me now. goodluck and dont stress about it dearie. if ur here nearby we could meet but gosh ur somewhere a bit far. lol

Short memories I guess :NoNo:

grahamw48
15th April 2014, 23:03
grahamw48, hair rebonding is uber cheap in the Philippines, well it depends on where and who your stylist it. Basically, Hair rebonding is a process which permanently and chemically straightens your hair and makes it sleek, shiny and straight. Yes, some women do need a bit of a trick to woo a man.

Oh, thanks for that. I guess it's more 'extensions' that I need then. :cwm3:

Michael Parnham
16th April 2014, 06:11

Yes, and the chemicals they use in Philippines on the hair, are illegal in UK!:NoNo:

FilipinaDiver
16th April 2014, 08:23
Yes Michael Parnham the chemicals are not allowed because of one main reason, Health and Safety!!!

raynaputi
16th April 2014, 09:48
Plenty of these chemicals are from brands L'Oreal and Kerastase, which are also used here in the UK. Well at least from the salon's I used to go to.

Michael Parnham
16th April 2014, 11:15
Plenty of these chemicals are from brands L'Oreal and Kerastase, which are also used here in the UK. Well at least from the salon's I used to go to.

What was the price you used to pay in Philippines Rayna? Maritess used to pay P1000 and I used to wait for her for up to 4 hours and my eyes were watering whilst waiting!

Tish
16th April 2014, 14:34
Hello dai FilipinaDiver,

distinctive gait

How do you differentiate the above to other nationality? I'm just curious �� hello BTW ��

gWaPito
16th April 2014, 14:41
Hello dai FilipinaDiver,

distinctive gait

How do you differentiate the above to other nationality? I'm just curious �� hello BTW ��

Good question. I was thinking the same :biggrin:
I hope you are well xx

Tish
16th April 2014, 14:47
I recently had the roots of my hair rebonded a few days ago and that took 6 hours!! 

Mind you, we we're busy chin waggin' at the same time lol 

Tish
16th April 2014, 14:49
Hi Mark��
Yes I'm very well thanks ��

How's your end? Hope you're all well ��

raynaputi
16th April 2014, 15:23
What was the price you used to pay in Philippines Rayna? Maritess used to pay P1000 and I used to wait for her for up to 4 hours and my eyes were watering whilst waiting!

I used to pay around PHP4000 (more or less) for mine..I used to go to First Aid Salon in Greenbelt 3 which is a sister company of Bench/Fix Salon. They use Kerastase and L'Oreal products that's why they are expensive.

But I didn't have my hair rebonded when we had vacation in Manila last November. I won't be able to maintain it here since it's so expensive going to salons here and I don't have that much money for that. I used to go every 6 months to have a hair rebond when I was in Manila but I was working that time and can afford it, but now, not anymore! :icon_lol:

grahamw48
16th April 2014, 16:41
Hello dai FilipinaDiver,

distinctive gait

How do you differentiate the above to other nationality? I'm just curious 😉 hello BTW 👋

From my own observations...

A tendancy to walk with toes pointing out...like a duck. :cwm25:

Arthur Little
16th April 2014, 20:08
I recently had the roots of my hair rebonded a few days ago and that took 6 hours!! 

Mind you, we we're busy chin waggin' at the same time lol 

I used to pay around PHP4000 (more or less) for mine..I used to go to First Aid Salon in Greenbelt 3 which is a sister company of Bench/Fix Salon. They use Kerastase and L'Oreal products that's why they are expensive.

But I didn't have my hair rebonded when we had vacation in Manila last November. I won't be able to maintain it here since it's so expensive going to salons here and I don't have that much money for that. I used to go every 6 months to have a hair rebond when I was in Manila but I was working that time and can afford it, but now, not anymore! :icon_lol:

:smile: Interestingly, ladies ... there's a hair salon in Perth called 'hair dot comb'! :icon_lol:

Tish
16th April 2014, 20:14
From my own observations...

A tendancy to walk with toes pointing out...like a duck. :cwm25:

:icon_lol:

Tish
16th April 2014, 20:17
:smile: Interestingly, ladies ... there's a hair salon in Perth called 'hair dot comb'! :icon_lol:

I bet they're not going to be rebonding any hair though :cwm25::Wave:

Michael Parnham
17th April 2014, 06:16

Maritess enquired at a few hairdressers locally and they have never heard of rebonding???:Erm:

raynaputi
17th April 2014, 09:45
Maritess enquired at a few hairdressers locally and they have never heard of rebonding???:Erm:

I think it's called hair straightening here in the UK if I'm not mistaken.

gWaPito
17th April 2014, 10:13
Hair straightening is a hair styling technique used since the 1890's which involves the flattening and straightening of hair in order to give it a smooth, streamlined, and 'sleek' appearance. It was made by Garret A. Morgan, to help African American manage their hair. It became very popular among blacks male and female and females of all races, during the 1950's, because black people wanted to have the very popular and stylish "greaser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greaser)"look, either that or wearing Afros. It accomplished using a hair iron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_iron) or hot comb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_comb), chemical relaxers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxer), Japanese hair straightening[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)], or Brazilian hair straightening (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_hair_straightening). In addition, some shampoos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shampoo), conditioners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_conditioner), and hair gels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_gel) can help to make hair temporarily straight. The process is often called "rebonding" in Southeast Asia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Asia) (e.g. Malaysia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia) and Philippines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_straightening

Michael Parnham
17th April 2014, 11:35
Thank you Rayna and Mark! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th April 2014, 13:55
Must confess ... :anerikke: ... I hadn't known what "hair-rebonding" meant either, Michael.

:biggrin: ... just shows we learn something new every day. :wink:

grahamw48
17th April 2014, 14:56
I thought Filipinas had straight hair anyway ! :Erm:

gWaPito
17th April 2014, 17:33

Only the ones who have been blessed :wink:

Michael Parnham
17th April 2014, 21:06

They have Graham, I think they do it just to show off! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
17th April 2014, 22:11
They have Graham, I think they do it just to show off!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I've seen a few curly ones. Like the obese, I imagine they only come out under the cover of darkness. :biggrin:

Arthur Little
18th April 2014, 00:41

Not all of 'em, Graham. :nono-1-1: ... Myrna's is thick black & *wavy (*as opposed to curly, though) for example.

NoRest
18th April 2014, 07:20
I had a Brazilian in the Philippines. Didn't wash for 3 days and It only lasted 3 months. Paid P2000, surely not worth it.

grahamw48
18th April 2014, 08:19
I had a Brazilian in the Philippines. Didn't wash for 3 days and It only lasted 3 months. Paid P2000, surely not worth it.

A Brazilian ? What's that involve ?:Erm:

Iani
18th April 2014, 08:53
A Brazilian ? What's that involve ?:Erm:

Please PLEASE nobody post pics :icon_lol:

SimonH
18th April 2014, 09:11
I had a Brazilian in the Philippines. Didn't wash for 3 days

Smells fishy to me :Erm:

NoRest
18th April 2014, 10:53
Brazilian keratin therapy... not downstairs, mind. Yes, it did smell fishy (how did u know?), saying that, a bit cheaper than rebonding. Nowadays one can buy a kit in Amazon and DIY. Harsh chemicals are used, wonder why it is allowed in this part of the world. Anyway, after 3 months my hair was worse than ever. Just went back to good old coconut oil...and much cheaper :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish
18th April 2014, 13:00
Smells fishy to me :Erm:

It would have been a lot fishier with the 'other' type of Brazillian :omg::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
18th April 2014, 14:03
... 'other' type of Brazillian :omg::icon_lol:

:toocoffee:, y'mean, eh? ... :yeahthat: Well ... :anerikke: ... there's a lot of "it" in Brazil!

Tish
18th April 2014, 14:07
:toocoffee:, perhaps ... eh? ... :yeahthat: Well ... :anerikke: ... there's a lot of "it" in Brazil!

Indeed Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a happy Easter to you and Myrna :Wave:

Arthur Little
18th April 2014, 14:21
:toocoffee:, y'mean, eh? ... :yeahthat: Well ... :anerikke: ... there's a lot of "it" in Brazil!

Ah ... :sorry-2:, Tish ... it's simply me being "nutty" (:crazy:) for a change. :biggrin:

Arthur Little
18th April 2014, 14:40
Indeed Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a happy Easter to you and Myrna :Wave:

:thankyou: ... and the same to you, too. :smile:

Janedan0913
21st April 2014, 13:19
Everywhere I go, I always meet Filipinos. Some are friendly and some are snobs.

Once I was in Tesco, I was buying snack for my kids. I saw this Filipino couple with their basket full.

Anyway, they are about to pay for their items. The cashier told them how much to pay and the Filipina used her bank card and it was declined twice. She was talking to her hubby and said to him, "I thought you have money in this account?" They ended up leaving all the stuff as they don't have the money to pay.

They are snubbing me as I was just wearing my simple clothes and they were wearing their branded clothes. Some Filipinos here thinks that they are above all when they are abroad. Well in fact at times they had a hard time in the Philippines.

You can hardly see people who are very humble and very down-to-earth. I've worked with some Filipino nurses and most of them are in debt and don't know how to settle all their debts as they are busy partying.

stevewool
21st April 2014, 13:33
you must live wit in your means, most just want to keep up with the Jones as they say, but i just keep up with myself, it seems to be working so far

grahamw48
21st April 2014, 14:44
What are 'branded' clothes ?

Are Tesco and Matalan brands ok ? :Erm:

Michael Parnham
21st April 2014, 14:46

No way Graham! :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
21st April 2014, 14:48
Everywhere I go, I always meet Filipinos. Some are friendly and some are snobs.

Once I was in Tesco, I was buying snack for my kids. I saw this Filipino couple with their basket full.

Anyway, they are about to pay for their items. The cashier told them how much to pay and the Filipina used her bank card and it was declined twice. She was talking to her hubby and said to him, "I thought you have money in this account?" They ended up leaving all the stuff as they don't have the money to pay.

They are snubbing me as I was just wearing my simple clothes and they were wearing their branded clothes.

Some Filipinos here thinks that they are above all when they are abroad. Well fact is, at times they had a hard time in the Philippines.

You can hardly see people who are very humble and very down-to-earth. I've worked with some Filipino nurses and most of them are in debt and don't know how to settle all their debts as they are busy partying.

Never been in debt! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

FilipinaDiver
22nd April 2014, 17:40
Hello dai FilipinaDiver,

distinctive gait

Hello Tish, its really hard to explain but I could clock a Pinay, living abroad for few years and my past time is people watching. I guess, a pinay's gait is composed of small steps, slow and the foot is almost not lifting when she does make a step.

Btw, my hubby and I went out for a glass yday and we saw a young pinay (maybe 25) on her way out from our compound. She did try hard to avoid me by squeezing herself out of the electric security gate and crossed the road. I caught her looking at me for few times but nada, nothing happened. I guess, she was just really shy hahaha! Next time I will just have to call her attention by shouting "Hoy! Ate!!!"

Tish
22nd April 2014, 18:42
Hello Tish, its really hard to explain but I could clock a Pinay, living abroad for few years and my past time is people watching. I guess, a pinay's gait is composed of small steps, slow and the foot is almost not lifting when she does make a step.

Btw, my hubby and I went out for a glass yday and we saw a young pinay (maybe 25) on her way out from our compound. She did try hard to avoid me by squeezing herself out of the electric security gate and crossed the road. I caught her looking at me for few times but nada, nothing happened. I guess, she was just really shy hahaha! Next time I will just have to call her attention by shouting "Hoy! Ate!!!"

Wow that's an awesome skill to have dai :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish
22nd April 2014, 19:11
I can't tell a Filipina walk from any other nationality :NoNo:

But like you said - it must be because you spend a lot of time watching people walk :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You might be able to use that skill to a good use :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd April 2014, 20:56

Yes ... perfectly OK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

So too, are those from Primark! :smile:

gWaPito
22nd April 2014, 21:54

I guess you havent seen my ex Filipina walk...standing flat foot at 5'6'' with 33'' legs...No small steps with her :NoNo: She kept up with my busy European pace no problem :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
22nd April 2014, 22:03
They are snubbing me as I was just wearing my simple clothes and they were wearing their branded clothes.
Slightly curious here :smile: What made you think such a thing? :biggrin:

gWaPito
22nd April 2014, 22:06

Designer outlets are the favoured locations :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
22nd April 2014, 23:27
It's great (and cheap) being old enough not to care anymore. :icon_lol:

gWaPito
22nd April 2014, 23:52
It's great (and cheap) being old enough not to care anymore. :icon_lol:

I didnt care when I was young :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My first ex wife has freed up old pics to my daughter. She's got pics of me wearing a binliner carrying my eldest son's giant Silvester the cat in Ayr...this was in 89.

I had a lorry fire ..was lucky to escape with my life. The company I worked for thought I was to blame so left me out to dry :NoNo: I spent the night in a police cell..I had nowhere to go..lost all my clothes, money and cards. I will never forget leaving the police station. A loaded bus crossed my path..i remember the passengers looking at me...i still had charcoal over my face..I looked a mess. I will have to post them :biggrin: Happy days Not!

dontpushme
15th May 2014, 15:04
The only time I've ever been snubbed by a Filipina was in the Philippines. Matt and I were on our way back to Manila after backpacking in Northern Luzon. We got on a bus across the aisle from a woman younger than me who was travelling with her much-older boyfriend. Honestly, we didn't care what their circumstances were and even had a nice conversation with the man. However, the extremely classy lady wouldn't even acknowledge my presence, and when I went to go to the toilet at a pit stop, she apparently glared at my back with so much disdain. This was after she spent the first hour of the bus ride enchanting us all by putting her crusty foot up on the head rest in front of her and picking at her toenails, then eating a bag of crisps with the same unwashed fingers. At the end of the trip, I got off the bus and was looking for a bin for our trash when she came up from behind me and loudly mocked me in front of her boyfriend because I was apparently uncouth for not wanting to drop my trash on the ground. I wanted to point out to the old man how classy his girlfriend was, but I figured he was suffering enough.

I've never been snubbed by Filipinas here in the UK, but that's probably because I haven't encountered any Filipinas yet. If anyone's in Rochdale and feels like dropping by Middleton, I'd be glad for the company!:biggrin:

I've seen a few curly ones. Like the obese, I imagine they only come out under the cover of darkness. :biggrin:

I have curly hair.:smile: I'd say a majority of Filipinas actually have naturally wavy or curly hair. I hope you know that the first tribes in the Philippines were either African pygmies or Australian aboriginal pygmies. In fact, some of us still have copper-coloured hair strands here and there when we're young.

Hello Tish, its really hard to explain but I could clock a Pinay, living abroad for few years and my past time is people watching. I guess, a pinay's gait is composed of small steps, slow and the foot is almost not lifting when she does make a step."

I've never noticed a particular gait in Filipinas before, but I find it funny that you've picked them out of a crowd by their duck-footed mincing steps.:icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
15th May 2014, 15:21
Strange!! I got a thread similar to this in 2011 :biggrin:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/30612-Filipina-SNOB!!?highlight=

dontpushme
15th May 2014, 16:33
:yikes:! From everyone's anecdotes on that thread you linked to, I'm starting to think I might be better off not encountering any Filipinas at all. :cwm25: It's like a lot of Filipinas turn scary and mean when they move.

Michael Parnham
15th May 2014, 16:47
:yikes:! From everyone's anecdotes on that thread you linked to, I'm starting to think I might be better off not encountering any Filipinas at all. :cwm25: It's like a lot of Filipinas turn scary and mean when they move.

No, that's not the case, I think all the comments on this thread are really about the rare occasion that they come across these events, please don't worry! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
15th May 2014, 20:53

Don't be put off with any threads about snob filipinos etc..

You'll be fine, it takes a while to find a true friend whichever country you may be in.

dontpushme
16th May 2014, 19:35
No, that's not the case, I think all the comments on this thread are really about the rare occasion that they come across these events, please don't worry! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't be put off with any threads about snob filipinos etc..

You'll be fine, it takes a while to find a true friend whichever country you may be in.

I guess. I just hope I don't come across any Filipina snobs.

That would be seriously off-putting. :cwm25:

gWaPito
22nd May 2014, 15:05

Yep :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
22nd May 2014, 15:22
Yep :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Errrr...why do you think it's right that she should not meet any Filipinas at all? Not all Filipinas are the same..:Erm:

Do not be put off with Filipinas living here in the UK dontpushme. I have a few Filipina friends here but they're not snob. There are also Filipinas I'd rather not talk to. Just like dealing with other nationalities, there are people who are nice to be friends with and there are also people that you wish you've never met at all.

Michael Parnham
22nd May 2014, 15:31
Errrr...why do you think it's right that she should not meet any Filipinas at all? Not all Filipinas are the same..:Erm:

Do not be put off with Filipinas living here in the UK dontpushme. I have a few Filipina friends here but they're not snob. There are also Filipinas I'd rather not talk to. Just like dealing with other nationalities, there are people who are nice to be friends with and there are also people that you wish you've never met at all.

You couldn't have said it better than that Rayna!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aprilmaejon
22nd May 2014, 16:52

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very well said Rayn.
In my case, I don't get to see a lot of Filipinas as I am maybe always at home or work. :Cuckoo:

I've been introduced to lots of Filipinas when I arrived here by a common friend, we get on very well, we all go to different gatherings or parties..but then later on I found out that they are all just good in front of me, when I turned my back, I was the favourite topic of everybody...gossips here and there. One make stories about me to another person to hate me...or cover their lies...so I stopped seeing them.

I am better off without them as no one will interview me about my personal life like how old my husband is, does he earns good money, does he gives me this and that, does my husband sends money home monthly, how much money do we send home, blablablablabla... Showing off their latest phones, cars, gadgets, jewellery, Louis Vuitton bags or any branded stuffs. It's doin' my head in! Too much for me...

My social life may not be very good as I've got no Filipino close friends here to go out with but I am happy, husband is happy...... I am not against the idea of having Filipina friends, in fact I am searching for one or two or three...:smile: (Friends that will not talk behind my back nor discuss and broadcast my life to other people...)

dontpushme
23rd May 2014, 11:48

Thanks, Rayna! I'm a little wary, but I haven't completely lost hope that I'll find a nice Filipina or two in the area.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very well said Rayn.
In my case, I don't get to see a lot of Filipinas as I am maybe always at home or work. :Cuckoo:

I've been introduced to lots of Filipinas when I arrived here by a common friend, we get on very well, we all go to different gatherings or parties..but then later on I found out that they are all just good in front of me, when I turned my back, I was the favourite topic of everybody...gossips here and there. One make stories about me to another person to hate me...or cover their lies...so I stopped seeing them.

I am better off without them as no one will interview me about my personal life like how old my husband is, does he earns good money, does he gives me this and that, does my husband sends money home monthly, how much money do we send home, blablablablabla... Showing off their latest phones, cars, gadgets, jewellery, Louis Vuitton bags or any branded stuffs. It's doin' my head in! Too much for me...

My social life may not be very good as I've got no Filipino close friends here to go out with but I am happy, husband is happy...... I am not against the idea of having Filipina friends, in fact I am searching for one or two or three...:smile: (Friends that will not talk behind my back nor discuss and broadcast my life to other people...)

It must have felt stifling being interrogated about things they had no business even asking about! You're definitely better off without them.:thumbsdown:

gWaPito
28th May 2014, 01:18

I should've pointed out, this isnt my opinion but, the opinion of 4 or 5 filipinas who's lived here going on 20 years. They too came here just like your good selves wanting to be pals with all and sundry, setting up meets here there and everywhere that was until petty jealousies crept in..... reasons why and how they got here..so the nurses and factory workers fell out wd the pinays who came married to British etc etc.
They still have their gatherings but, only in small groups

aprilmaejon
28th May 2014, 07:15
They too came here just like your good selves wanting to be pals with all and sundry, setting up meets here there and everywhere that was until petty jealousies crept in..... reasons why and how they got here..so the nurses and factory workers fell out wd the pinays who came married to British etc etc.
They still have their gatherings but, only in small groups

That's not the first time I've heard about it..........
Former friends of mine told me about the clash between (A) Filipinas who came over here working as a nurse and (B) Filipinas who are married to British. Each got their own arrogance and pride to show which isn't very nice at all. For example, Filipina A will be so proud to broadcast to every Filipina she mets that she is as nurse and came over as a nurse without a British sponsor while Filipina B who works as a care assistant will be so proud to walk around everywhere with their British husbands showing off their husband's wealth.... I'm not generalising but I know some who are like that.......

stevewool
28th May 2014, 07:23
We all like to dress nice have the best that we can afford, whether its branded stuff or not.

Named brands means nothing to me, shopping at the best shops, what a waste of money too, maybe I am just Koripot

But working together as one is the best way to get ahead of anyone or anything and then maybe that special dress, bag or shoes could be bought as a treat that you have always wanted from yourself not as a "look at me" sort of thing, just my thoughts

aprilmaejon
28th May 2014, 07:40
We all like to dress nice have the best that we can afford, whether its branded stuff or not,

Named brands means nothing to me, shopping at the best shops, what a waste of money too, maybe i am just Koripot

But working together as one is the best way to get ahead of anyone or anything and then maybe that special dress, bag or shoes could be bought as a treat that you have always wanted from yourself not as a "look at me" sort of thing, just my thoughts

I never buy branded clothes...never! I am only after for the quality of the thing and if it does it's purpose. I always go for a bargain sale and I'm proud of it! :smile: Maybe I can never be proud to wear expensive branded clothes, for me it's a selfish thing and a waste of money...I'd rather spend a good amount of money for a good quality of food or a treat for my loved ones.

Despite of how cheap my clothes, shoes and bags are, people still say that I look fabulous and this and that....then I'll proudly tell them, Well, I only got this from Primark, it was on sale for £5" :biggrin:

stevewool
28th May 2014, 07:45
Selfish thing a waste of money , i agree but each to there own, its who is wearing the cloths that matter, be beautiful inside thats more important in life

FilipinaDiver
28th May 2014, 14:04
A golden rule to follow: it is better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn't smile back!

dontpushme
28th May 2014, 18:49
:icon_lol: When we were on our weekly grocery run last Sunday, I saw some Asians. They looked Chinese, but I thought maybe they could be Chinese Filipinos. I kind of hovered around them for a few minutes but by the blank looks I got, they obviously weren't Chinese Filipinos.:biggrin: Ah, well. Couldn't hurt to check.

chippy
20th June 2014, 19:50
I try and speak to most filipinos I meet in Derby whether I know them or not. I recently met a lady who works in Aldi but at first I wasn't sure if she was filipino or not, so I had to ask her just to make sure.

stevewool
20th June 2014, 20:03
I like to look, its best that way when with the wife :biggrin:

Tish
22nd June 2014, 10:44
I was shopping at Asda yesterday and saw this filipina with her husband? and was about to give her a smile but she just looked away as though I wasn't there :NoNo:

Better luck next time :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tish

Moy
22nd June 2014, 11:25
I was shopping at Asda yesterday and saw this filipina with her husband? and was about to give her a smile but she just looked away as though I wasn't there :NoNo:

Better luck next time :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tish

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish
22nd June 2014, 11:34
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol: Is that to see is to believe Moy?:icon_lol:

You crack me up Moy LMAO :icon_lol:

Moy
22nd June 2014, 11:59
:icon_lol: Is that to see is to believe Moy?:icon_lol:

You crack me up Moy LMAO :icon_lol:

It's the spice of LIFE Tish. :biggrin: Bit boring if we do the same things all day is it not :action-smiley-081::biggrin::icon_lol::Rasp:

Tish
22nd June 2014, 12:07
It's the spice of LIFE Tish :biggrin: Bit boring if we do the same things all day is it not.:action-smiley-081::biggrin::icon_lol::Rasp:

I like SPICE of life Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Spiritual
Physical
Intellectual
Cultural
Emotional

And I aim to fulfill the above daily albeit very difficult to do in this world we live in :doh

Moy
22nd June 2014, 13:04
I like SPICE of life Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Spiritual
Physical
Intellectual
Cultural
Emotional

And I aim to fulfill the above daily albeit very difficult to do in this world we live in :doh

Maybe I'm naively romantic, but I do believe that spice and excitement doesn't stop once a couple gets together. :biggrin::icon_lol:

Tish
22nd June 2014, 15:52
Maybe I'm naively romantic, but I do believe that spice and excitement doesn't stop once a couple gets together. :biggrin::icon_lol:

God forbid dai Moy, we need to multiply :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
22nd June 2014, 19:09

C'mon Moy, let's see the woman that excites her husband! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
22nd June 2014, 20:52
C'mon Moy, let's see the woman that excites her husband! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://simoneperele.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/blog-14-image-tan.jpg:Rasp::biggrin:

Moy
22nd June 2014, 20:53
God forbid dai Moy, we need to multiply :icon_lol:

:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

FilipinaDiver
23rd June 2014, 19:34
I have been seeing this Pinay who always walks her 2 poodles around the village, she's friendly to everyone except me :Erm: Two days ago hubby and I passed by her and ofc I had a big smile waiting for her to look at me but instead she looked away and made a snobby mouth gesture. Sad that my hubby saw it and he is puzzled of her reaction. Oh well, I will give her an fiery eyebrow next time I see her because she deserves it.

Dedworth
23rd June 2014, 20:52
I have been seeing this Pinay who always walks her 2 poodles around the village, she's friendly to everyone except me :Erm: Two days ago hubby and I passed by her and ofc I had a big smile waiting for her to look at me but instead she looked away and made a snobby mouth gesture. Sad that my hubby saw it and he is puzzled of her reaction. Oh well, I will give her an fiery eyebrow next time I see her because she deserves it.

Poodles are a pathetic excuse for a dog, probably sums her up

Michael Parnham
23rd June 2014, 22:19
Poodles are a pathetic excuse for a dog, probably sums her up

I'll agree with that Ded! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
23rd June 2015, 23:13
I think it says a lot about UK based Filipina's who remember their roots and don't act snobbish to fellow Pinays. :xxgrinning--00xx3: