PDA

View Full Version : Sol Campbell Racist card

les_taxi
2nd March 2014, 19:39
What a ...... - claims he wasn't England Captain as he was Black, nothing to do with getting maximum publicity for his book is it? :mad:

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 19:42
Yes...said it was the only thing he could think of that would have stopped him being made captain. :yawn:

Terpe
2nd March 2014, 20:26
Well he's always been consistent in his position.......

Who knows anyway ...............he may have a point.......plenty of discrimination exists everywhere........my wife knows that!!!!

Doesn't stop her at all though..

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 20:31
I always liked him as a player...one of the best. No objection at all if he'd been made captain.

Lord knows, MOST of our successful sportsmen and women are black ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd March 2014, 20:31
Whether it helps sales of his book is another question......someone once said "There's no such thing as bad publicity"

Brendan Behan modified it to "There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary." :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 20:44
:laugher:

That's something I DON'T want to hear or read. :cwm24:

les_taxi
2nd March 2014, 21:43
He just wants maximum sales for his book - I never knew it was out til' he claimed racism :icon_lol:

Dedworth
2nd March 2014, 22:37
He just wants maximum sales for his book - I never knew it was out til' he claimed racism :icon_lol:

The race card is normally only played by the left/liberals when they're losing the argument - first time I've heard of it being used to promote a book.

bigmarco
3rd March 2014, 00:02
Well Ian Wright says he was capable of captaining England but there were better candidates at the time.

Books don't tend to get serialised in The Sunday Papers unless there's something to grab the headlines.

grahamw48
3rd March 2014, 00:29
I believe Rooney is bringing a book out soon too (pictures only). :smile:

tiger31
3rd March 2014, 03:31
What a ......-claims he wasn't England Captain as he was Black, nothing to do with getting maximum publicity for his book is it? :mad:

spot on m8 :xxgrinning--00xx3: It,s all about the book maybe he,s getting short of dosh lol

Slip
3rd March 2014, 06:12
Paul Ince is black and was England Captain

Arthur Little
3rd March 2014, 15:34
:anerikke: ... how about ANOTHER [female] "black" celebrity with a guid Scots' surname - Naomi Campbell - who doesn't seem to be doing too badly! :wink:

bigmarco
3rd March 2014, 16:24
:anerikke: ... how about ANOTHER [female] "black" celebrity with a guid Scots' surname - Naomi Campbell - who doesn't seem to be doing too badly! :wink:

She's proper South London Arthur. I grew up with a cousin of hers.

les_taxi
3rd March 2014, 17:07
Good old Wrighty for saying he thinks it's the Racist card too - respect to him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
3rd March 2014, 18:07
:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPBrJ74C8I

stevie c
4th March 2014, 09:44
I believe at the time Michael Owen was chosen over Campbell for captain whether this was down to football reasons we may never know the full truth, but as the same as many of you I think this is a tactic to boost the sale of Campbell's book

Dedworth
4th March 2014, 11:17
The Race Card may only be played from the left by a player who is out of ideas. The person playing the Race Card immediately loses the debate, their credibility and the respect of most other players

Rory
4th March 2014, 15:01
A quick look at a list of England Captains on Wikipedia shows Sol Campbell having 3 caps and other with more caps are Rio Ferdinand and Paul Ince. I cannot see what the problem is.

As said before, publicity for his book, I cannot see to buying it.

les_taxi
4th March 2014, 17:46
A quick look at a list of England Captains on Wikipedia shows Sol Campbell having 3 caps and other with more caps are Rio Ferdinand and Paul Ince. I cannot see what the problem is.

As said before, publicity for his book, i cannot see to buying it.

Yep book publicity-loser :action-smiley-081:

Terpe
4th March 2014, 17:48
I won't be buying the book either :NoNo:

Just like most folks here, I wouldn't have even known he had a book coming out until the media reporting due to the 'race card' allegations.

les_taxi
4th March 2014, 19:12
I won't be buying the book either :NoNo:

Just like most folks here, I wouldn't have even known he had a book coming out until the media reporting due to the 'race card' allegations.

Any publicity is good publicity or so they say!

Terpe
4th March 2014, 19:46
Any publicity is good publicity or so they say!

....except your own obituary