PDA

View Full Version : May Break

stevewool
2nd March 2014, 08:30
Just trying to find a get away for the middle of May, but with so many places to go WHERE DO YOU GO,
A city break or a beach holiday, abroad or stay here, and the cost too,
There are so many places being thrown at me of where to go and there are many places i have not been to either,
So if you could go away for a long weekend or for a week, where would you like to go, but remember there is a budget too

SimonH
2nd March 2014, 08:36
Morning Steve,

Obviously a lot depends on what you want out of a weekend away. About 10 years ago I used to have a 3 or 4 day weekend away nearly every month, and there's lots of places I wouldn't bother going back to, but a few I would recommend are:-
1. Istanbul
2. Porto
3. Florence
4. Dublin

I've heard that Faro is nice if you want a beach, but haven't been there myself.

Dedworth
2nd March 2014, 09:23
Jersey or Guernsey would be worth considering

stevewool
2nd March 2014, 09:55
Morning all, to tell the truth i would love to take Ems to Venice and Rome in 1 week, but thats going to blow the budget,
I have also been looking at these package deals , flying with the likes of jet2, half board and so on, but again never been on those for many many years, is it for me,
Still have not got the dates yet from Ems work yet so best just to look still

Michael Parnham
2nd March 2014, 12:24

I will agree, also include Scotland! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
2nd March 2014, 17:00

yep been to Guernsey, very nice place and lots of duty free to consider too :smile:

Dedworth
2nd March 2014, 17:12
yep been to Guernsey, very nice place and lots of duty free to consider too :smile:

Also free of vermin and undesirables

stevie c
2nd March 2014, 17:41
I just booked up Centre Parks, Sherwood Forest - Monday to Friday in September

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 17:44
I got 12 days off in May. I was going to go back to Fuerteventura.

I'm now thinking maybe Cuba for a change, it's only a 9 hour flight to boot.

One of the few countries in the Caribbean I've yet to visit. We'll see :smile:

marksroomspain
2nd March 2014, 18:25
I got 12 days off in May. I was going to go back to Fuerteventura.

I'm now thinking maybe Cuba for a change, it's only a 9 hour flight to boot.

One of the few countries in the Caribbean I've yet to visit. We'll see :smile:

You never know Mark you might meet one of those sultry Cuban senoritas there...:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 19:02
You never know Mark you might meet one of those sultry Cuban senoritas there... :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Mark :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nah, I don't think so. .my head's not in the right place at the moment....not fair on any prospective partner ...I'm going to have to update my blog thread...things have happened

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 19:37
I'll be in the Philippines... :airline: seeing my sweetheart. :heartshape1::waver::veryhappy::603785::woohoo::hug-1::tresamoureux:

Terpe
2nd March 2014, 22:26

That's brilliant......we go to Centres Parc twice a year.... just for relaxing and spa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Be warned eating out is expensive :yikes: and the quality is below price indicators.

Cook your own IMHO

Moy
2nd March 2014, 22:35
Hi Mark :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nah, I don't think so. .my head's not in the right place at the moment....not fair on any prospective partner ....I'm going to have to update my blog thread...things have happened

http://samalbahaykubo.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/dsc00134.jpg

:biggrin:

stevie c
2nd March 2014, 22:49
That's brilliant......we go to Centres Parc twice a year.... just for relaxing and spa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Be warned eating out is expensive :yikes: and the quality is below price indicators.

Cook your own IMHO

Thanks Peter, I will certainly take that on board & will cook my own meals

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 23:19
http://samalbahaykubo.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/dsc00134.jpg:biggrin:

Aaah....my future home. :smile:

Michael Parnham
2nd March 2014, 23:55

I hear it's very nice, just a few miles from our house! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
3rd March 2014, 10:24
Really Michael? Me & Florsel may pop round for a cuppa! :biggrin:

Terpe
3rd March 2014, 10:25
Morning all, to tell the truth i would love to take Ems to Venice and Rome in 1 week, but thats going to blow the budget,
I have also been looking at these package deals , flying with the likes of jet2, half board and so on, but again never been on those for many many years, is it for me,
Still have not got the dates yet from Ems work yet so best just to look still

Rome and the Vatican City is just wonderful for a short break. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some 'extra-special' shopping to be found around the Spanish Steps at Via Condotti :Help1:

stevewool
3rd March 2014, 21:06
YIPPY, We have the dates for our May holiday,

You are right Peter Rome is coming out tops, but i am trying to get to Venice in the same 7 days, just pricing a Vatican tour

Terpe
3rd March 2014, 22:25
YIPPY, We have the dates for our May holiday,
You are right Peter Rome is coming out tops, but i am trying to get to Venice in the same 7 days, just pricing a Vatican tour

Just a suggestion, but maybe your time is short..Traveling From Rome to Venice by Train (http://www.raileurope.com/blog/9008-rome-to-venice-new-ideas-for-one-of-the-oldest-routes)

Might be nice break within a break

stevie c
4th March 2014, 00:49
Hey Steve, Tuscany is a beautiful place. Went there many years ago. I always said to myself I would go back one day and never did.

But will go back soon, as I think Florsel would love it there.

chino
14th March 2014, 21:52
off to cornwall :) beautiful place...

Slip
14th March 2014, 21:53
I have 6 weeks off In May/June.... Guess where I am going :icon_lol:

stevie c
14th March 2014, 22:00
I have 6 weeks off In May/June.... Guess where I am going :icon_lol:

Is it the philippines by any chance slip? :biggrin:

Slip
14th March 2014, 22:35
Is it the philippines by any chance slip? :biggrin:

Winner lol

Yep, and if all goes well, I'll come back a married man.... Shame I'll be coming back alone.... but rest assured as soon as that marriage license is available (hopefully wont be too long) then the Visa application will be going through and my next headache starts!

stevie c
14th March 2014, 22:52
We have all been there mate all be it's more difficult to aquire a settlement visa now than it was when florsels applied im sure you will sail through slip