PDA

View Full Version : Snowing!!

Admin
27th December 2005, 09:39
Is it snowing by you? I'm up in the Welsh hills and nothing yet :(

I want to build a snowgirl with big bazookas :)

love8888
27th December 2005, 17:58
Originally posted by admin@Dec 27 2005, 08:39 AM

Quoted post

I remember when one Doctor told me that she don't like the cold weather as it's horrible for her, :( I replied Oh I love it :D it's nice to see the grasses are all white and frost it's amazing.I don't mind if it's cold as long as I have my coats.

Pauldo
27th December 2005, 18:46
Originally posted by admin@Dec 27 2005, 09:39 AM

Quoted post

I wonder if we&#39;ll have a &#39;big freeze&#39; like we did last year? :rolleyes: <_< ;)
I work with guys from all over the UK, and when I met up with them all again after &#39;the big freeze&#39; not one could remember seeing anything more than a bit of frost and an inch of snow. One newspaper reported 18" of snow in Scotland, yet nobody I&#39;ve met saw any more than 4", anywhere.

The thing is I can&#39;t work out why the papers and tv news spreads such bollox about the weather, when everybody in the country can see it&#39;s rubbish :angry:

ginapeterb
28th December 2005, 01:15
Originally posted by Pauldo@Dec 27 2005, 05:46 PM
I wonder if we&#39;ll have a &#39;big freeze&#39; like we did last year? :rolleyes: <_< ;)
I work with guys from all over the UK, and when I met up with them all again after &#39;the big freeze&#39; not one could remember seeing anything more than a bit of frost and an inch of snow. One newspaper reported 18" of snow in Scotland, yet nobody I&#39;ve met saw any more than 4", anywhere.

The thing is I can&#39;t work out why the papers and tv news spreads such bollox about the weather, when everybody in the country can see it&#39;s rubbish :angry:

Quoted post

Hi everyone, i just arrived back in London from Glasgow today, I did the 512 Mile hike in just over 8 hours and 30 mins, with 2 stops...there is no snow in South West Scotland, the snow came in heavy in the Lakes, but then dissapeared around Lancaster, when I got down to M58 and the North Wales turn off, no snow at all, then when I got down as far as the M1 Junction M6, just joining it at Northampton, the snow was there, got gradually worse as I turned east in North London, out to the East Anglia area, got home to find 2 inches of snow up the door, geeeeze, all of this as I am away for 3 days.

Admin
28th December 2005, 10:16
One newspaper reported 18" of snow in Scotland, yet nobody I&#39;ve met saw any more than 4", anywhere.
You know what us guys are like for exagerating the size of things&#33; :blink: