PDA

View Full Version : Shame about the adverts here

BazJaz
26th February 2014, 16:29
Hi,

Its a cookie thing I think, but its a shame the adverts on this site are suggesting "find Pretty Asian Women" and "chat to single ladies" etc, I know its all automated and based on the type of site and stuff like that but it would be nice if the system decided on things like day trips to the coast or houses !

raynaputi
26th February 2014, 16:45
The forum is based on dating, hence it has dating ads. It won't have travel/holiday ads unless you search for it online and Google tracks it. I did get travel ads when we were planning to book trips. If you would go on forums about travel, holiday and such, you will find the ads that you've been looking for. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
26th February 2014, 16:45
Hi,

Its a cookie thing I think, but its a shame the adverts on this site are suggesting "find Pretty Asian Women" and "chat to single ladies" etc, I know its all automated and based on the type of site and stuff like that but it would be nice if the system decided on things like day trips to the coast or houses !

I'd rather see those ads than the meet Albanian Women ones that pop up from time to time :biggrin:

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 18:48
:laugher:

No ads on my page. I use adblocker programme. :smile:

bigmac
26th February 2014, 19:19
i think the ads reflect the type of sites the reader frequents lol

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 19:22
That's what I was led to believe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe that's why my 'interests' ads are being blocked. :cwm25:

Terpe
26th February 2014, 21:35
I don't seem to see those ads either :Erm:
I have no idea if I have an 'ad-blocker' .....don't think so.

Yes, I believe that ads are based on internet activity too......:Erm:

Doesn't impact my enjoyment.....:Jump:

Michael Parnham
26th February 2014, 21:45
Don't get many ads at all, as someone said earlier it's all down to what one has an interest in, like today been looking for eco friendly coloured light bulbs and a couple of small ads pop up for light bulbs! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th February 2014, 22:03
As far as I understand it oftentimes happens that the ads you see might just be based on what you've been searching for on my good friend Google.

You can opt out of these so-called interest-based ads through Google Ads Settings.

You might just find some ads still there but at least not solely because of your interests or search activities etc.

See Ads Settings at www.google.com/settings/ads

Might help or might not I'm not a tekkie.....worth a try though

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 22:29
You can also download 'Adblock Plus'...free, and get no adverts or popups anywhere. :smile:

(Works on all browsers).

RickyR
27th February 2014, 04:33
Also consider that the ads a small compromise considering the website is free to access with a wealth of information. The hosting fees alone for the amount of bandwidth this website consumes will need to be offset by Keith and Rayna somehow.

jake
27th February 2014, 08:11
Also consider that the ads a small compromise considering the website is free to access with a wealth of information. The hosting fees alone for the amount of bandwidth this website consumes will need to be offset by Keith and Rayna somehow.

I know nothing about hosting fees, bandwidth and what the costs might be for this forum. Due to the high level of traffic this forum gets i am sure it costs a few bob every month. The time Keith, Rayna and the mods put into the forum is free and i am sure it has helped many members over the years.
Click Forum and you will see the donation button.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/29353-Donations?p=466487#post466487

It doesn't bite if you press that bar!!