PDA

View Full Version : Do all filipina's brought to uk act like this??

Pages : [1] 2

Takenoprisoners
24th February 2014, 19:46
I brought my wife of 3yrs to this country in 2010, but for the past 2yrs all I get is moan moan moan about how she wants to have money sent home, how she wants money sent to Phils bank for business venture, how she wants a house built there too, also wants to be a British Citizen, wants money all the time, I am many years older than her, but she just seems to want to prepare for when I am dead.

Life here is not her happiness, it's all about making sure she is wealthy when I am dead. I don't have masses of money, I have taken out 2 life insurances for her for when I die, she says its not enough... I bought her land in Phils before we left, but she always wants to build on it, and build her mum a house too, and in process of building that now. No matter how much I spend on her its never ever enough...

We have a small child, if it wasn't for him I would get rid of her.... am I alone in this scenario or are there others out there like this???

stevewool
24th February 2014, 20:10
So sorry to hear this, it may be the same for others too, but its down to you to stop it also, put your foot down and just say no to what you cannot give her,

raynaputi
24th February 2014, 20:15
I for one isn't like that. Apart from wanting some new clothes and shoes sometimes, and dining out now and again, I don't ask anything from my hubby with regards to money and such. I always just wait what he can offer/give me but never demand. We don't have much anyway. :biggrin:

Anyway, I'm sorry if you are experiencing things like that. Does your wife work? Maybe you can tell her to work for things she wants!

stevie c
24th February 2014, 20:24
I have heard if horror stories before luckily me & my wife have the atittude of what's mine is hers & what's hers is mine also what we don't have, we don't miss

I agree with steve tell her it takes hard work & sacrifices to have all that she wants so my advice is for her to work & save hard

Terpe
24th February 2014, 20:42
Plenty of Filipinas have determination. My wife does and I respect that and encourage it too.

I don't personally know any that are money-oriented in the way you describe.

If my wife want to do something and we can't give a priority to that spend or if we have no budget for that then it doesn't get spent.

It's a two way communication but I can't think of a time it caused a major argument or nastiness.

It's always difficult to give any advice when each persons perception is not known.

But if you truly aren't able to do something then you must tell her that and tell her why.

marksroomspain
24th February 2014, 21:37
Basically I gave my wife an allowance each month when she was not working due to the fact she wanted to stay with our son until he was about 9 months old, luckily enough we are mortgage free and in a position for that to happen.

When my wife did start work the allowance stopped and I told her what she earned she could keep and out of it send money back to her family.

Having said that, she only sends £100 a month home basically to help her parents out with the rent etc.

But really you should say to her if she's not already working is to get a job and then she can do as she pleases.

Mmm tricky this, but you must put your foot down once and for all.

Good Luck...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
24th February 2014, 22:07
Perhaps you can go along to 'Relate', and have a neutral (and experienced) person speak to you both ?

I wish I had done this with my ex-wife when it was suggested by her.

Takenoprisoners
25th February 2014, 00:11
Thanks for your replies, and advice, she does work 2 days a week, she earns a £100 a week, she keeps that, and I give her money when I can, but this isn't enough. Problem is, she spends too much time on facebook, and 2 of her friends have wealthy husbands, and I think she thinks I should be rich too..

Everything revolves around money with her. She doesn't really seem to bother about me, has no interest in anything in this country, except how to make money, watch filipino movies, facebook, and sending money back home.....and when she can find time spend time with our son. We row daily, but I couldn't bear to let my son go and live in phils, so the nightmare continues.....

highlander01
25th February 2014, 00:43
Believe me , Filipinas have no monopoly in spending money - try a British wife.... :cwm25:

Dedworth
25th February 2014, 02:33
Farcebook causing problems once again

marga
25th February 2014, 02:41
She's jealous about her two friends having rich husbands. There are really people who will never be contented on having things, they will always crave for more. It might be better if you tell your wife to get a fulltime job, that way she has less time on facebook and will definitely earn more money.

That way she can have whatever she fancies. Just a thought

tiger31
25th February 2014, 03:11
wow can,t believe how demanding she is, sounds like she did,nt marry you for love that,s for sure. What a nightmare position you find yourself in. Did she not show any of those traits before you married her?

RickyR
25th February 2014, 08:27
I don't think this is exactly normal, but perhaps both of your expectations are misaligned and you need to sit down and seriously talk about what you have and what you are capable of. Of course it's her instinct to do what's best for her family, and maybe she believes that you have a never ending pot of gold, it can be normal for some families in the Philippines to spend every penny they have and not prepare adequately for the future, and I am sure it would be the same in the UK was it not for the pensions/welfare state etc.

I am very very open with my wife about money, we have joint accounts and know what savings and pensions we have for the future. For instance, this morning when my work text me with my salary breakdown (automatic text rather then payslip...) My salary changes by significant sums each month so its we both know what excess we have to save or send to the Philippines to help out/invest.

We also see the 'keeping up the jones' attitude here in our little expat communities, firstly amongst all the middle class expat/British mummies comparing houses/cars/lifestyle (makes me vomit) and then occasionally with Filipinas that we come across who can be jealous of Marvie (although it is very rare). We tend to avoid these kind of people and live our own life, but of course there always will be a little bit of pride in there somewhere.

I hope that you manage to talk and understand one another and the realities what you have and need for the future. If your wife is building properties in the Philippines, perhaps have a say in that and make sure its in her name and you guys can use it as a holiday home, and eventually one day of course it will become the families, but your interests as a couple should come first.

rani
25th February 2014, 10:11
Do all filipina's brought to uk act like this??

The answer is plain and simple NO :cwm25:

bigmac
25th February 2014, 11:53
i want
i want
i want

money
money
money

oh--MAN up MAN--teach her a new word--NO !!!

you're her meal ticket---what do you think shes going to do if you turn off the £tap?

malditako
25th February 2014, 11:58
she's an envious type of person who wants to show off all the time to her peers i guess! She probably didnt get much of material things before.

Michael Parnham
25th February 2014, 12:23
She earns £433 per calendar month £5200 per annum, why can't she save that towards a house in the Philippines. The best way to save is not to spend! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
25th February 2014, 15:25
She needs to be shaken up and she needs to wake up! Try to sit down and talk to her to make her understand that you're not BILL GATES.

She is already earning money and still you give her? I am not being very rude but I don't tolerate filipinas like that. If I were you, stop giving her money, let her realize the value of each penny. Let her manage the money shes earning.

It may cause a big argument but if that's the way she wakes up from her dreamworld then so be it.

mike1
25th February 2014, 15:30
I,d tell her to wise up a bit, sounds as if she is paranoid about money - plenty like her and plenty more filipinos the opposite to her, like to earn their own money which gives them their independence- very important

bigmac
25th February 2014, 15:43
the wife earns a £100 a week--if she sent all that home--how far will it go? call it 30,000 peso a month.

I recall reading on here builders labourers working for about £5 a day

I've really no idea about money in the filis---what does an "average" family live on a month ?

melovesengland
25th February 2014, 15:56
the wife earns a £100 a week--if she sent all that home--how far will it go? call it 30,000 peso a month.

i recall reading on here builders labourers working for about £5 a day

ive really no idea about money in the filis---what does an "average" family live on a month ?

It actually depends on the lifestyle of the family. Sometimes, they don't understand how complicated and hard life in the UK can be and can get. All they know is the xchange rate of £ is more than one peso.

If you spoil the family, let them feel that you have money even though you haven't then they will assume that they can get and have whatever they want. It is sad but it is reality. If you haven't got the guts to say that we don't earn gold everyday then some will take advantage.

We also have the attitude of make do and mend. Whatever came to our table is a blessing which is really good. I'm lucky to have a family that understand my situation and support me.

I contribute payment for bills at home like the net, half of the rent which my husband promised them and electric which is less than £100. It is only because my daughter consumed most of it so I pay for it which I think is reasonable.

Unless you say stop and you put a stop on it, it will go on and on and on.

grahamw48
25th February 2014, 16:57
Good post ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sentinent
25th February 2014, 19:01
Everything revolves around money with her. She doesn't really seem to bother about me, has no interest in anything in this country, except how to make money, watch filipino movies, facebook, and sending money back home.....

I think the answer is clear to a blind man on a galloping horse. Get rid. Seems harsh I know. But she is not going to change. You have admitted that there is a big age gap. My opinion is that you have a gold-digger by the tail. Whatever you decide to do I hope you eventually find peace and happiness.

stevewool
25th February 2014, 20:03
the only thing i would get rid of is those life insurance policies, you may meet your maker before you know if you dont :biggrin:

stevie c
25th February 2014, 20:58
I couldn't agree more steve that crossed my mind as well

Moy
25th February 2014, 22:01
I brought my wife of 3yrs to this country in 2010, but for the past 2yrs all I get is moan moan moan about how she wants to have money sent home, how she wants money sent to Phils bank for business venture, how she wants a house built there too, also wants to be a British Citizen, wants money all the time, I am many years older than her, but she just seems to want to prepare for when I am dead.

Life here is not her happiness, it's all about making sure she is wealthy when I am dead. I don't have masses of money, I have taken out 2 life insurances for her for when I die, she says its not enough... I bought her land in Phils before we left, but she always wants to build on it, and build her mum a house too, and in process of building that now. No matter how much I spend on her its never ever enough...

We have a small child, if it wasn't for him I would get rid of her.... am I alone in this scenario or are there others out there like this???

i would like to meet your wife :NoNo::wink:and must tell her I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.:wink: and Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep...:anerikke::biggrin:

stevewool
25th February 2014, 22:03
you are the best Moy , after my Ems :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
25th February 2014, 22:07
you are the best Moy , after my Ems :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:wink: i must say stevewool that the greatest wealth is to live content with little, for there is never want where the mind is satisfied.:wink:

stevewool
25th February 2014, 22:17
:wink: i must say stevewool that the greatest wealth is to live content with little, for there is never want where the mind is satisfied.:wink:

very well said Moy :smile:

Moy
25th February 2014, 22:20
very well said Moy :smile:

I myself had lived without nothing :anerikke::cwm3: since so until ;) now even I got so much .. :biggrin: my feet are straying to where I came from :cwm25::biggrin:

grahamw48
25th February 2014, 22:43
Dammit Moy...sounds like we would have made an ideal couple. :Erm:

Ah well...too late now. :doh :biggrin:

stevie c
25th February 2014, 22:45
That only thing that a i ask for in life is health before wealth & of course my mahals love :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
25th February 2014, 22:52
Dammit Moy...sounds like we would have made an ideal couple. :Erm:

Ah well...too late now. :doh :biggrin:

:biggrin::action-smiley-081: Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too...:icon_lol::wink::action-smiley-081:

grahamw48
25th February 2014, 22:55
Duly noted. :xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

Moy
25th February 2014, 23:00
Duly noted. :xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

My first name and your last name would sound great together:Erm::icon_lol:

grahamw48
25th February 2014, 23:36
What ...Moyw48 ? :Erm:

gWaPito
25th February 2014, 23:39

You are not alone mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:....I haven't read any of your replies either. I've been put through the mill, in fact I'm still being dragged through it. Before it did a runner wd my babies she was forever on the squeeze..she did get the British Citizenship out of me as well as a shiny new British passport, not to mention settin up certain family members over there..when she had every last drop out of me, that was it..Gone

This is my own personal experience of 2 Filipina wives
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/46402-My-wife-wants-me-to-leave-our-home

Many have joined here over the years since I've been a member and many have disappeared for whatever reason.

There is no data for this so we really don't know the figures. I wish more of us who's been sold down the river would speak up. Our foolishness in falling for the harlots we did, doesn't make the act excusable

Just my humble opinion folks ;-)

gWaPito
25th February 2014, 23:47
That only thing that a i ask for in life is health before wealth & of course my mahals love :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I remember a guy at work a few years back bragging how he's paid off his mortgage and how he and his wife can retire while being only 56..he even looked down his nose at me coz i left my first wife and started again with Gemma, my first Filipina wife..He couldnt understand why i didn't forgive her for her cheating...'you lost that lovely house of yours blah blah blah'

He died 3 years back with lung cancer aged 60

Without health, you have nothing

grahamw48
25th February 2014, 23:49
Very true. I've lost a few well-off friends this past few years...most well under 60.

bigmarco
25th February 2014, 23:49
Sorry to read your story particularly as you have a young child.
Think Graham's post is probably a good suggestion and one you would be wise to consider.

Don't forget you fell in love with her and have had a child together so it's worth putting the effort in to work things out.

I wish you both well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 00:04
Believe me , Filipinas have no monopoly in spending money - try a British wife.... :cwm25:

My British wife was mustard at looking after the money :xxgrinning--00xx3:...the only trouble she had was her knicker elastic kept breaking :cwm25:

Arthur Little
26th February 2014, 01:13
Don't forget you fell in love with her and have had a child together so it's worth putting the effort in to work things out.

:iagree: ... excellent advice!

I wish you both well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... as do I.

bigmarco
26th February 2014, 03:27
:iagree: ... excellent advice!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... as do I.

Many thanks for the Rep Arthur it's appreciated :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
26th February 2014, 05:03
Is it correct to advise someone to leave his wife and child based on a short few words on the internet, all from the comfort of our armchairs no less, without at least advising him to try and bring some level of understanding in their relationship.

I still believe that its quite possible that they both have deluded expectations, perhaps she comes from a poorer family and believes that her husband has an unlimited pot of gold. At least the possibility of trying to talk between one another and figure out, the money is limitless.

All couples talk about money, all couples have their fair share of disputes over it at one time or another, but I am sure most of the problems arise from misunderstandings because of lack of openness. Also, of course one person has to be stronger with the 'purse strings' but they need to help the other person understand why.

Perhaps the OP believes that if he stops giving the money then she will leave and that's why he has continued to keep handing over the money, but that's not a way to continue a relationship and all I say for the sake of the child is at least try and understand each other before completely giving up. Try to be open about what you've got and what will happen if you spend it all now.

Also, my wife sends money to the Philippines, as do many people here, but she tends to send a very small amount and this did cause her to be a little unpopular with the extended family, but her belief is that she is only responsible for her mother and that's it. That's her choice, not mine.

Jentobeharrison
26th February 2014, 07:46
You asked for opinions so I will be giving one.

I must say that the woman you married is an insecure, selfish and perhaps has a deprivation history from her childhood. Me personally always have an awkward feeling whenever my boyfriend sends me money because I know the stigma, and she looks like she doesn't even care. How did you tolerate that kind of attitude? You are really strong to be honest. In my point of view, she thinks that you're an ATM which is painful really.

What you can do is to cut her horns before she became a full time evil. And being wise, if you're securing your son's future, then you should know what to do. Do not ever let her do such things which will make you regret someday, she is selfish.

bigmac
26th February 2014, 09:56
at least--under the new rules--we have a 5 year probation period. any behaviour like the OP has suffered--and its a case of

RETURN TO SENDER

Michael Parnham
26th February 2014, 10:21

I recall reading on here builders labourers working for about £5 a day

I've really no idea about money in the filis---what does an "average" family live on a month ?

Some of them on what you would earn in a day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
26th February 2014, 10:25
I remember a guy at work a few years back bragging how he's paid off his mortgage and how he and his wife can retire while being only 56..he even looked down his nose at me coz i left my first wife and started again with Gemma, my first Filipina wife..He couldnt understand why i didn't forgive her for her cheating...'you lost that lovely house of yours blah blah blah'

He died 3 years back with lung cancer aged 60

Without health, you have nothing

I've experienced those kind of people Mark!

Michael Parnham
26th February 2014, 10:27

Nice one Moy! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sentinent
26th February 2014, 12:40
Why don't you thwart her very obvious plan and divorce this grasping woman? Then she would not be your widow when you die and would not be entitled to spousal succession rights. It strikes me that you are a giver. If you cast her adrift then at least you might have the chance to seek some happiness with a lady who is not a leech.

fred
26th February 2014, 13:19
Some of them on what you would earn in a day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some even less!!
A general labourer earns 200.00 Pesos a day here..Slightly over 50 Quid a month! Crazy but true.

fred
26th February 2014, 13:23
To be honest.. I think there is far too much final judgement on here with only one side of the story being told!!

Arthur Little
26th February 2014, 13:32
To be honest.. I think there is far too much final judgement on here with only one side of the story being told!!

:gp:, Fred ... there're (usually) two sides to every story in my experience! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 17:26
Very true. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 18:35
at least--under the new rules--we have a 5 year probation period. any behaviour like the OP has suffered--and its a case of

RETURN TO SENDER

The difficulties arise when children come on scene. ...emotionally, they have you by the knackers. ..excuse my french but, it's the truth and they know it.

The OP said himself that if it weren't for the boy he'd give her the heave Ho

I also think it's gone past the relate business. ...remember she's on about getting set up financially before he dies

He's already set up 2 life insurance policies and she's still not happy with that. Also remember 2 years ago when the OP was on about the cost visas etc. ..he's not rich! He said himself that everything is geared up for when he's gone. ..not for their future. Goodness me! !!!

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 18:54
Why don't you thwart her very obvious plan and divorce this grasping woman? Then she would not be your widow when you die and would not be entitled to spousal succession rights. It strikes me that you are a giver. If you cast her adrift then at least you might have the chance to seek some happiness with a lady who is not a leech.

The woman scoops the lot. .including the house :NoNo::cwm23::doh. ..don't forget she's got her life long meal ticket, his son. With what's left of his meagre disposable income, she will trouser that.

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 18:59
You asked for opinions so I will be giving one.

I must say that the woman you married is an insecure, selfish and perhaps has a deprivation history from her childhood. Me personally always have an awkward feeling whenever my boyfriend sends me money because I know the stigma, and she looks like she doesn't even care. How did you tolerate that kind of attitude? You are really strong to be honest. In my point of view, she thinks that you're an ATM which is painful really.

What you can do is to cut her horns before she became a full time evil. And being wise, if you're securing your son's future, then you should know what to do. Do not ever let her do such things which will make you regret someday, she is selfish.

So true!!. ....I should have found someone like you :cwm25:

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 19:02
I really don't want to comment on this thread, where to be honest, we have very limited information from only one of the partners...not that I'm doubting his word.

What we could all do to think about though, for those who are in the early stages of their relationships, is the importance of taking the time to really get to KNOW your partner, and for each to examine the motivations of the other in the cold light of day.

Being in love/lust with (especially based on one or two brief holidays together), and bringing your lady here does not mean all will be sweetness and light. :wink:

bigmac
26th February 2014, 19:44
i just wonder what she would do if he gave her the sack. where was the child born ?

if they split--and the child is a UK subject--what chance of dad getting custody ?

i still think the OP holds the whip hand--if he has the bottle.

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 20:01
i just wonder what she would do if he gave her the sack. where was the child born ?

if they split--and the child is a UK subject--what chance of dad getting custody ?

i still think the OP holds the whip hand--if he has the bottle.

She came here 2010. ...if ILRs aren't being dished out until after 5yrs :Erm:

I think she'd be granted coz of their son but, I remember a Philippine nurse in Swindon who gave birth and died. ..the filipino husband had to go back the the Philippines even though their child was born a British Citizen. That was around 2006.

If it were me, I'd put up with her nonsense purely for the child and hope above hope Karma runs her down. I'm in a similar situation so it's all fresh this stuff for me.

Takenoprisoners
26th February 2014, 20:48
Thanks for all you replies, Of course there are always two sides to every story.... but her's is the same as mine.... No point in me lying.... She was deprived of most things as a kid, never even had a doll, no electric till she was 8yrs old..lived in the hills with her large family... anyway thanks again

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 21:24
Thanks for all you replies, Of course there are always two sides to every story.... but her's is the same as mine.... No point in me lying.... She was deprived of most things as a kid, never even had a doll, no electric till she was 8yrs old..lived in the hills with her large family... anyway thanks again

You have my thoughts and sympathy mate. It's a choker. ..mine had a similar upbringing. ...too many siblings, not enough food. It's doesn't give them the right to ride roughshod over all and sundry....especially to the likes of us who's took them out of that dire situation. I will add. .my wife got a sister. .she's solid gold. .an absolute diamond. All becoz someone's come from an impoverished background doesn't mean they are going to be your worst nightmare.

I won't be taking that chance again though.

Moy
26th February 2014, 22:39

just think..:wink: There is no gain without pain and no glory without a story. Nothing good comes easy, just keep your eye on the brighter picture and forget the negatives.:wink:

Moy
26th February 2014, 22:40
won't be taking that chance again though.

:cwm24: thought we are heading there my luvs :biggrin::wink:

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 22:47
just think..:wink: There is no gain without pain and no glory without a story. Nothing good comes easy, just keep your eye on the brighter picture and forget the negatives.:wink:

...and hide yer wallet ! :biggrin:

Moy
26th February 2014, 22:59
...and hide yer wallet ! :biggrin:
:xxgrinning--00xx3::laugher:

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 23:12
Wise words Moy....as the song goes, always look on the bright side of life. ...never mind the fact she's trying to get him to take out more life cover on top of 2 existing policies :cwm25: I for sure would be sleeping with one eye open and a blade in my right hand. ..just in case :cwm25:

Always be prepared. ..that's my advice

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 23:15
:cwm24: thought we are heading there my luvs :biggrin::wink:

We are. ..aren't we? I was on about someone from the same neck of the woods. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3::Sex::do_it::xxaction-smiley-047

Moy
26th February 2014, 23:15
Wise words Moy....as the song goes, always look on the bright side of life. ...never mind the fact she's trying to get him to take out more life cover on top of 2 existing policies :cwm25: I for sure would be sleeping with one eye open and a blade in my right hand. ..just in case :cwm25:

Always be prepared. ..that's my advice

very simple my friend just always think Don't make someone :anerikke::cwm24::wink:your everything. If they leave, you'll have nothing.:biggrin:

Moy
26th February 2014, 23:17
We are. ..aren't we? I was on about someone from the same neck of the woods. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3::Sex::do_it::xxaction-smiley-047

but just remember:hubbahubba: Relationships are stronger when you're best friends first, and a couple second.:xxaction-smiley-047:cwm24::wink::biggrin::Cuckoo::icon_lol:

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 23:24
very simple my friend just always think Don't make someone :anerikke::cwm24::wink:your everything. If they leave, you'll have nothing.:biggrin:
Surely that's what marriage is about :Erm:. .you give everything. .your heart your soul. Well it is where I was brought up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 23:27
'Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all'. :cwm3:

Moy
26th February 2014, 23:28
Surely that's what marriage is about :Erm:. .you give everything. .your heart your soul. Well it is where I was brought up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone. im here :wink: you cant stop living...you have to go on .... no matter how painful is..:yawn:
lets face it...:cwm3::bigcry::xxgrinning--00xx3:you cannot live on past..you have to make way for better future..:wink:

gWaPito
26th February 2014, 23:34
Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone. im here :wink: you cant stop living...you have to go on .... no matter how painful is..:yawn:
lets face it...:cwm3::bigcry::xxgrinning--00xx3:you cannot live on past..you have to make way for better future..:wink:

You've lost me Moy ??

I don't think for one minute your husband would appreciate me muscling in on his action

Just a thought

grahamw48
26th February 2014, 23:38
Me and my ex lived happily for 22 years....then we met. :doh

Jentobeharrison
27th February 2014, 06:46

I don't really want to offend any body here but what I can advise especially to those foreign men who are looking for love, I am not pertaining just to filipinas but for any women. If I were a man and seeking for a woman, these will be the common red flags for me:

If a woman starts talking about:

Poverty in her country
Poverty in her family
family problems
how hard to earn money

Anything about financial. I am not saying that you should leave your prospected contact but take time to know her MORE. Investigate, it is very easy to investigate about someone nowadays, and actually I believe that you will really feel if your contact is making up stories and just trying to fool you. One just have to be aware, and be cautious, it won't harm you. better be a hard to get than to have regrets

Jentobeharrison
27th February 2014, 07:02
So true!!. ....I should have found someone like you :cwm25:

Oh yeah. You should have looked for someone who can pay your hotel fees when you are here!

grahamw48
27th February 2014, 10:22
Perhaps it would also be wise for Filipinas to be as careful when choosing their prospective life partner.

Most seem to make very little effort in investigating the man's life...past and present, or the true facts about his country and culture.

sentinent
27th February 2014, 11:00
I don't really want to offend any body here but what I can advise especially to those foreign men who are looking for love, I am not pertaining just to filipinas but for any women. If I were a man and seeking for a woman, these will be the common red flags for me:

If a woman starts talking about:

Poverty in her country
Poverty in her family
family problems
how hard to earn money

Anything about financial. I am not saying that you should leave your prospected contact but take time to know her MORE. Investigate, it is very easy to investigate about someone nowadays, and actually I believe that you will really feel if your contact is making up stories and just trying to fool you. One just have to be aware, and be cautious, it won't harm you. better be a hard to get than to have regrets

A wise post. The difficulty with many men is that when a pretty woman walks in the front door their common sense leaves by the back door. There are FAR more gold-diggers about than anyone gives credit for. If there is a large age gap in a relationship that should be an immediate red flag. Guys should be asking "what does this woman really see in me?" I know it is hurtful to face reality sometimes but the painful truth is that she is seeing past your age and looks and is simply eyeing up your wallet and other assets. There is no such fool as an old fool. Have a good day.

grahamw48
27th February 2014, 11:04
"what does this woman really see in me?"

I ask my girlfriend that ALL the time. :icon_lol:

She just tells me off about it. :smile:

Some girls really DO like stupid, grumpy, tight-fisted old men I guess. :biggrin:

sentinent
27th February 2014, 11:35
"what does this woman really see in me?"

I ask my girlfriend that ALL the time. :icon_lol:

She just tells me off about it. :smile:

Some girls really DO like stupid, grumpy, tight-fisted old men I guess. :biggrin:

Never underestimate the power of self-delusion.

grahamw48
27th February 2014, 11:37
Meaning ?

bigmac
27th February 2014, 11:45
A wise post. The difficulty with many men is that when a pretty woman walks in the front door their common sense leaves by the back door. There are FAR more gold-diggers about than anyone gives credit for. If there is a large age gap in a relationship that should be an immediate red flag. Guys should be asking "what does this woman really see in me?" I know it is hurtful to face reality sometimes but the painful truth is that she is seeing past your age and looks and is simply eyeing up your wallet and other assets. There is no such fool as an old fool. Have a good day.

very fair comment.

i'm 23 years older than mine. she told me very early on at the start of the relationship she was looking for a UK husband--so she could settle here ( she was here on a student visa at the time ). --i ran a thread on here about it when i first joined. comments about "marriage of convenience " were uttered.---but--arent they all--?

but that was nearly 2 & 1/2 years ago now. we were then apart nearly a year. i am helping her out financially--but its what we agreed and didnt set alarm bells ringing.--or break the bank.

the way i look at it--under the new regs she will have to put up with me for 5 years once she gets in with a fiancee visa.--hopefully later this year.

only then will we know for certain. i think its a risk worth taking. shes in a different league to any UK women ive ever met.

gWaPito
27th February 2014, 11:51

Again as some will say, there's no data for this but it doesn't take a genius to work out why a guy gets thousands of emails and interests from the likes of the third world dating sites and only a small fraction of that amount on our home grown sites like match and what have you.
You just gotta have your eyes wide open to find the genuine.

No offence to anyone here xx

sentinent
27th February 2014, 12:22
Meaning ?

Do you need a picture?

sentinent
27th February 2014, 16:22
Again as some will say, there's no data for this but it doesn't take a genius to work out why a guy gets thousands of emails and interests on the likes of the third world country dating sites and a small fraction of that amount on our home grown sites like match and what have you.
You just gotta have your eyes wide open to find the genuine.

No offence to anyone here xx

This is a poster who understands the world.

When a young Filipina meets an old western guy then romance becomes a transaction. Anyone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with reality will figure this out. But for those who believe they have found true love? - well there are none so blind as those who do not wish to see. Have a good day.

bigmac
27th February 2014, 17:59

When a young Filipina meets an old western guy then romance becomes a transaction. Anyone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with reality will figure this out. But for those who believe they have found true love? - well there is none so blind as those who do not wish to see. Have a good day.
#

yep

stevie c
27th February 2014, 19:02

When a young Filipina meets an old western guy then romance becomes a transaction. Anyone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with reality will figure this out. But for those who believe they have found true love? - well there is none so blind as those who do not wish to see. Have a good day.

That's a bit harsh not all filipinas are like this. My wife certainly is not she works very hard for her own money, as im sure many members wives work hard as well, so I'm sure all filipinas are not after handouts

Moy
27th February 2014, 19:16
You've lost me Moy ??

I don't think for one minute your husband would appreciate me muscling in on his action

Just a thought

completely :cwm3::anerikke::wink:you got me wrong :icon_lol::cwm24: my dear amigos gwapos :biggrin: I'm not flirt, all I'm doing is pointing out your beautiful features :cwm24::icon_lol::censored::laugher:

stevewool
27th February 2014, 19:36

talking out your :action-smiley-081:,

Moy
27th February 2014, 19:42

Think you're one of those..:Erm::biggrin: women who are like a computer virus... they enter your life, scan your pockets, transfer your money, edit your mind, download their problems, delete your smile and hang your life! :censored::omg::action-smiley-081: anyway I'm not here to judge anyone..just making life fun ...at times... :biggrin:

stevewool
27th February 2014, 19:51
Like anything in life, what you put in you may get out, but if you just want to take take and take some more ... well in the end you will get what you deserve

True love well what is true love, if its being happy with what you have and the person you are with feels the same , well that could be it, but also remember nothing is gauranteed in life so live today, tomorrow will sort itself out

bigmarco
27th February 2014, 19:58
Seems the Filipina female population is being written off on the strength of a few bad experiences. I can't be bothered looking up the statistics but I'm sure they would show divorce rates between Brits and Filipinas are below the average.

I'll do my best not to fall flat on my face further down the line but if I do I'm glad I gave it a go.

Because if she's not in love with me then she's one hell of a good actress.

stevewool
27th February 2014, 20:21
I dont want to point the finger to this person or that person, but like you, if your partner shows you what you know is love, then these other folk may not have experienced it yet, or have been caught out again and again, and so on, but like kids in a sweet shop they cant give them up,

grahamw48
27th February 2014, 20:30
Do you need a picture?

No idea what the hell you're on about.

If you were trying to be clever then....yawwwwwwn. :yawn:

Terpe
27th February 2014, 20:40
In these sorts of topics you'll always encounter partisan motivated reasoning.

It's a pity really.
I can still recall a time when most forum members would focus on the aspect of help and support.

Some folks would much rather support opinions that they would otherwise oppose in the absence of a personal experience influenced by personal judgement.

I say that every successful relationship requires teamworking, shared understanding and compromise. It's for all couples to have honest discussion where divergence exits and come to agreement.
Many years ago I doubt whether such important discussions took place prior to marriage.
These days it's got to be a priority......especially for those who are second time around.

I think the OP and his wife need to sit together and discuss financials. There really are two sides to each issue between couples.
I strongly object to advice that the wife get immediately dumped. How about the welfare of the child.
How about the family unit.

Let's be more constructive than that.

Most folks take their first steps in a search for love when quite young. Hoping to stay together.
Doesn't always happen.
If two people are lucky enough to find romance, true friends and soul-mates, I suggest it usually doesn't matter at which point in life they do so or from which background and culture they come from.

I'd rather suggest it depends on whether you hold the Egalitarianism's view or the Traditionalists view.

marksroomspain
27th February 2014, 20:56

May I ask, have you ever been in a relationship with somebody from the Philippines?

marksroomspain
27th February 2014, 21:03
Seems the Filipina female population is being written off on the strength of a few bad experiences. I can't be bothered looking up the statistics but I'm sure they would show divorce rates between Brits and Filipinas are below the average.
I'll do my best not to fall flat on my face further down the line but if I do I'm glad I gave it a go.
Because if she's not in love with me then she's one hell of a good actress.

They say western/western marriages divorce rate 50%
western/filipino marriages divorce rate 10%

I can't remember where I've seen it but it certainly made my mind up where to look...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
27th February 2014, 21:37
I strongly object to advice that wife get immediately dumped. How about the welfare of the child.

Yet again a good post and I agree that advising a man with a young child to dump the mother on the basis of a post on this forum is unwelcome. Any marriage but particularly one where there are young children involved is worth working on.

raynaputi
27th February 2014, 21:48
In these sorts of topics you'll always encounter partisan motivated reasoning.

It's a pity really.
I can still recall a time when most forum members would focus on the aspect of help and support.

Some folks would much rather support opinions that they would otherwise oppose in the absence of a personal experience influenced by personal judgement.

I say that every successful relationship requires teamworking, shared understanding and compromise. It's for all couples to have honest discussion where divergence exits and come to agreement.
Many years ago I doubt whether such important discussions took place prior to marriage.
These days it's got to be a priority......especially for those who are second time around.

I think the OP and his wife need to sit together and discuss financials. There really are two sides to each issue between couples.
I strongly object to advice that wife get immediately dumped. How about the welfare of the child.

Lets be more constructive than that.

Most folks take their first steps in a search for love when quite young. Hoping to stay together.
Doesn't always happen.
If two people are lucky enough to find romance, true friends and soul-mates, I suggest it usually doesn't matter at which point in life they do so or from which background and culture they come from.

I'd rather suggest it depends on whether you hold the Egalitarianism's view or the Traditionalists view.

My view exactly! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hate it when people jump into so much conclusions based on one or two posts, especially if they don't actually know the couple personally, and then compare it to their personal experiences when all of them have different personalities, circumstances, etc. Not every person and circumstances are the same.

Most Filipinas here in the forum want to help the family back home, but it doesn't necessarily mean we are all alike and gold diggers because we happen to be married to a westerner. We have different ways of dealing things when it comes to money. Also, it's an insult to all couples here saying that just because the women are much younger than the men, that we only see money from our respective partners. Age is of no importance when you find someone you actually love. If you are concern of the age, then don't seek a younger Filipina and stick to that criteria. Yes, there are bad apples that we all know, but comparing it to the ones here who found their true love, I think you'll see plenty are successful.

grahamw48
27th February 2014, 22:16
Thanks Rayna. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 00:33
Oh yeah. You should have looked for someone who can pay your hotel fees when you are here!

Oh dear, nothing I said I hope :Erm:

Anyway..where was I ...:sexy_146:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 00:49

When a young Filipina meets an old western guy then romance becomes a transaction. Anyone who has at least a nodding acquaintance with reality will figure this out. But for those who believe they have found true love? - well there are none so blind as those who do not wish to see. Have a good day.

Just a pity I didn't hone up 8 years ago...would've saved me nearly £1/4 million and a bunch of heartache..Still, as the saying goes, nothing ventured, nothing gained :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 00:54
completely :cwm3::anerikke::wink: you got me wrong :icon_lol::cwm24: my dear amigos gwapos :biggrin: I'm not flirt, all I'm doing is pointing out your beautiful features :cwm24::icon_lol::censored::laugher:

I'm playing with you Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for the compliment...:heartshape1:I love you more :biggrin:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 01:02
You're one of those who think..:Erm::biggrin: women are like a computer virus... they enter your life, scan your pockets, transfer your money, edit your mind, download their problems, delete your smile and hang your life! :censored::omg::action-smiley-081: anyway I'm not here to judge anyone..just making life fun ...at times... :biggrin::laugher::laugher::bigcry::icon_lol: Very droll, Moy
Worth a rep :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th February 2014, 09:54
Hell of a Thread, keep it up! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
28th February 2014, 10:45
I'm playing with you Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for the compliment...:heartshape1:I love you more :biggrin:

just always rem me :biggrin: You can close your eyes to things you don't
want to see, but you can't close your heart to
the things you don't want to feel.":Rasp::wink::heartshape1:

Moy
28th February 2014, 10:50
:laugher::laugher::bigcry::icon_lol: Very droll, Moy
Worth a rep :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i got a secret my amigos gwaps..:hubbahubba::cwm24::action-smiley-081: to be honest I am so clever:Erm::bigcry::censored::laugher: that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.:76::biggrin:

RickyR
28th February 2014, 11:06
I am glad a few other posters have commented on the welfare of a child, I was starting to worry with my earlier post that I was a minority swimming against the tide.
Most of us here, whether British or Filipina know how hard it can be sometimes bringing our two cultures together, I would be very surprised if anyone here could say hand on heart that they haven't had some cultural misunderstandings, and I would also be surprised if some hadn't had some financial misunderstandings, because I think that's very normal. What's not normal is when you can't actually talk about it openly with one an other and put the effort in to resolve the situation. Perhaps the OP's marriage is destined for the rocks, but at least we should be advising them of a way to at least try and fix it before its too late. We have seen from other posters the destruction that is caused when a marriage involving people from two sides of the world falls apart.... It's not nice.

sentinent
28th February 2014, 11:19
talking out your :action-smiley-081:,

Thank you for raising the tone of this debate. It is always good when someone wades in with a useful comment such as this.

sentinent
28th February 2014, 11:28
No idea what the hell you're on about.

If you were trying to be clever then....yawwwwwwn. :yawn:

I will send someone around to explain it. Just get on with reading the Daily Sport.

sentinent
28th February 2014, 11:45
My view exactly! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Age is of no importance when you find someone you actually love.

So you would marry an old western man with no assets? Come on, let's have a reality check here.

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 11:57
I am glad a few other posters have commented on the welfare of a child, I was starting to worry with my earlier post that I was a minority swimming against the tide.
Most of us here, whether British or Filipina know how hard it can be sometimes bringing our two cultures together, I would be very surprised if anyone here could say hand on heart that they haven't had some cultural misunderstandings, and I would also be surprised if some hadn't had some financial misunderstandings, because I think that's very normal. What's not normal is when you can't actually talk about it openly with one an other and put the effort in to resolve the situation. Perhaps the OP's marriage is destined for the rocks, but at least we should be advising them of a way to at least try and fix it before its too late. We have seen from other posters the destruction that is caused when a marriage involving people from two sides of the world falls apart.... It's not nice.

I'm one of them Ricky :xxgrinning--00xx3: I would've put up with Jane's nonsense forever if she hadn't walked out..It's what good parents do..the kids welfare above all else.

All of us go through problems..we can't avoid that, it's how you deal with them. If there's love you find a way, if there's love you get stronger as time goes by, I know this to be fact...just like I did in my 25 year marriage...you find a way...but, when you've got someone continuously n the battle against you then you lose hope. I imagine the OP was in a long marriage b4 ....like most of us here in our age group.

Culture does play a part..I don't care what anyone says...love and soul buddy stuff doesn't put food on the tables of folks struggling for money.

Many here rubbishing these claims haven't got ILR or even reached first base yet claim to know it all :Erm:......now there's a point, where are all the long time married on here :Erm: There used to be loads of them here posting on a regular basis years ago

The alarms bells rung for me when the OP said he was already short of ready money yet his wife wants him to take out a 3rd life insurance policy along with sendin sendin sendin
:REGamblMoney01HL1: back to The Philippines..............Sounds like she's not making plans for their future at all.

I pray to God the OP sorts this mess out for the greater good of his son...who didn't asked to be born!!!!

sentinent
28th February 2014, 12:01
May I ask, have you ever been in a relationship with somebody from the Philippines?

Yes. Next question?

Jentobeharrison
28th February 2014, 12:58
Oh dear, nothing I said I hope :Erm:

Anyway..where was I ...:sexy_146:

Hey I didn't mean it as a shout hahaha. Forgot to put haha! It was actually a joke, I was telling you to look for a woman who can pay your hotel fees when you're here in the Philippines because that's what I do to my fiancé.

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 14:36
So you would marry an old western man with no assets? Come on, let's have a reality check here.

My husband is 15 years older than me and has no assets, i.e. house (renting from housing association), savings (money is enough for all our needs and need to work extra so we can go on holidays), and car (he has Motability from RAF). He has his own company to run his websites though and gets War pension and DLA. If he dies, the only thing I can get from him is the pension. His online business, I don't know how to run it and he says he will sell it when he can't do it anymore.

Do I mind that? No. Does that worry me? No. I even told him I don't care about his pension because I can choose to go back in the Philippines where I have my own house and a bit of savings from working in the past. I also have my SSS pension which I'm still paying. My sister has a business which she has always been willing for us relatives to get involved in (she even asked my aunts who are OFWs to go home and just work with her). My siblings actually always tell me that I have more money when I was in the Philippines.

You see, marriage and relationships doesn't have to be having plenty of money and assets. Finding someone you love is not always having the other person have money more than you need. As long as I'm not starving (fridge and cupboard is overflowing actually) and have a roof on top of me, plus a little bit of luxury sometimes (dining out, holiday, gadgets, heating in the house is 20C above the whole year, etc.), then who says being married to my older husband is doomed without him having the assets that the others here have? I met my husband and fell in love with him not because he may have money to give me and my family. As long as he is a good provider for the both of us then good. It's only a matter of being content on what you have and understanding all your and your partner's limits .

tiger31
28th February 2014, 15:02
15 years older and no assets ? I think you should trade him in for a newer model Rayna :laugher::laugher::laugher:

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 15:06
15 years older and no assets ? I think you should trade him in for a newer model Rayna :laugher::laugher::laugher:

Hahahahaha...:icon_lol: Ssssshhhh...he's just beside me! :cwm24: :xxparty-smiley-004:

tiger31
28th February 2014, 15:15
Hahahahaha...:icon_lol: Ssssshhhh...he's just beside me! :cwm24: :xxparty-smiley-004:

lol he,s feeling insecure now ah bless him hahaha

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 15:18
lol hes feeling insecure now ah bless him hahaha

Hahahaha...I don't think Keith has ever been insecure! He doesn't care whatever others are saying about him. :cwm25: :cwm24: :icon_lol:

tiger31
28th February 2014, 15:31
Hahahaha...I don't think Keith has ever been insecure! He doesn't care whatever others are saying about him. :cwm25: :cwm24: :icon_lol:

well he should care because he keeps giving race tips for horses with 3 legs :laugher::laugher::laugher:

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 15:39
well he should care because he keeps giving race tips for horses with 3 legs :laugher::laugher::laugher:

Hahaha...well as long as the members of his other forum are paying monthly, then it's good for him. :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
28th February 2014, 16:16

:joke:ing aside though, Brian ... the difference in ages between Rayna and Keith is the same as it is with Myrna and I.

Having taught Agriculture to 4th Year Agronomy students at Panabo National High School in Davao del Norte Province, Mindanao for nearly quarter of a century - latterly as a Grade 3 (Senior) Teacher - Myrna held down a good, secure, very well-paid job for life had she chosen to remain there until retirement. :smile:

Instead - again, like Rayna - she gave up all the "trappings" that surely would've guaranteed her a lucrative future ... in order to marry the man she :luv13:D ... an :olddude: ... a retired Local Government clerk with ... well ... :Erm: ... to be honest ... :anerikke: ... precious little to offer financially and emigrated to a strange land on the far side of the world.

But she's HAPPY ... I'm HAPPY ... AND, I'll wager, :REGamblMoney01HL1: Keith, Rayna - and many, many Fil~Brit couples besides - are ALL perfectly HAPPY too, in spite of what the saddos who would have you believe otherwise, might insist!

Btw ... I'm not getting at you, :nono-1-1: (I know you and your girlfriend are both blissfully content also! :icon_lol:) nor, indeed, anyone in particular ... I'm just responding to your :joke:!

Jentobeharrison
28th February 2014, 16:26

I agree with that, in fact my fiancé also taught me not to care about what other people say. Whenever we walk here in the Philippines, I was very conscious and shy when we first met, not really to him but to the people who have been staring us. And MIGHT be thinking that I am a slag, lol. (Good thing I don't wear sexy clothes) so there, now I don't really care about what other people say, I don't mind. That's the good thing about British people :)

tiger31
28th February 2014, 16:45
:joke:ing aside though, Brian ... the difference in ages between Rayna & Keith is the same as it is with Myrna and I.

Having taught Agriculture to 4th Year Agronomy students at Panabo National High School in Davao del Norte Province Mindanao for nearly quarter of a century - latterly as a Grade 3 (Senior) Teacher - Myrna held down a good, secure, very well-paid job for life had she chosen to remain there until retirement. :smile:

Instead - again, like Rayna - she gave up all the "trappings" that would've guaranteed her a lucrative future ... in order to marry the man she :luv13:D ... an :olddude: ... a retired Local Government clerk with ... well ... :Erm: ... to be honest ... :anerikke: ... precious little to offer financially, and emigrated to a strange land on the other side of the world.

But she's HAPPY ... I'm HAPPY ... AND, I'll wager, :REGamblMoney01HL1: Keith, Rayna - and many, many Fil~Brit couples besides - are perfectly HAPPY too, in spite of what the saddos who believe otherwise might insist!

Btw ... I'm not getting at you (I know you and your girlfriend are both blissfully content also! :icon_lol:) nor, indeed, anyone in particular ... I'm just responding to your :joke:!

lol Don,t worry i,m thick skinned. The sad thing is age difference can be a problem for some couples - others not so - everyone to their own.

People tend to stare at people who don,t seem normal - it,s human nature, it's how you react to it is the key. It,s of no one,s business how you go about your life, you only have one life, so live it your way.

Both my previous long term partners were older than me, so I done a swap this time and loving every minute of it hahaha. I did tell her that i,m worth more to her alive than dead hahahaha, just to put my mind at rest.

A few members have jumped on the bandwagon and said get rid. Well, i,m afraid i,m in that camp also. In my opinion, a leopard never changes its spots, so hanging on and prolonging the agony is just a waste of time. You should never stay together for the sake of the kids in my view.

The only thing that went wrong here, was the fact that he did,nt suss her out before he married her and that might have saved all this aggro that,s going on now.

We all get married hoping its for life and sickness n health and all that, but the sad reality shows up in the statistics that there is a very high possibility that it will end in tears.

But, I will say this about our lovely fillipinas, I do wish I had married one decades ago that,s for sure. At least this one tells me she loves me many times a day :icon_lol:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 16:56
:joke:ing aside though, Brian ... the difference in ages between Rayna & Keith is the same as it is with Myrna and I.

Having taught Agriculture to 4th Year Agronomy students at Panabo National High School in Davao del Norte Province, Mindanao for nearly quarter of a century - latterly as a Grade 3 (Senior) Teacher - Myrna held down a good, secure, very well-paid job for life had she chosen to remain there until retirement. :smile:

Instead - again, like Rayna - she gave up all the "trappings" that surely would've guaranteed her a lucrative future ... in order to marry the man she :luv13:D ... an :olddude: ... a retired Local Government clerk with ... well ...:Erm: ... to be honest ... :anerikke: ... precious little to offer financially, and emigrated to a strange land on the far side of the world.

But she's HAPPY ... I'm HAPPY ... AND, I'll wager, :REGamblMoney01HL1: Keith, Rayna - and many, many Fil~Brit couples are perfectly HAPPY too - in spite of what the saddos who would have you believe otherwise, insist!

Btw ... I'm not getting at you :nono-1-1: (I know you and your girlfriend are both blissfully content also! :icon_lol:) nor, indeed, anyone in particular ... I'm just responding to your :joke:!

Most Asian/ white western married couples are happy Arthur. .the stats prove that without doubt.

The British/ British are only half happy. .like Mark said, 50% of those marriages go to the wall.

I don't think it's fair to call the realists saddos. No harm in pointing out the possible pitfalls if you happen to marry a duffer.

No one is writing off the Filipinas. .far from it ...you just have to choose wisely, especially like most of us who's done their selecting on dating sites.

Most haven't got a problem their wives sending home their own hard earned money. ...very admirable :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wonder if they're think the same when they have to work into their retirement, possibly until they drop 'cause you've been the soul captain and deckhand keeping the ship afloat :Erm:

Just a thought

bigmac
28th February 2014, 17:03
As long as I'm not starving (fridge and cupboard is overflowing actually) and have a roof on top of me, plus a little bit of luxury sometimes (dining out, holiday, gadgets, heating in the house is 20C above the whole year, etc.)

do you live in the real world--??? thousands of families in this country can only dream of such luxuries

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 17:04
I agree with that, in fact my fiancé also taught me not to care about what other people say. Whenever we walk here in the Philippines, I was very conscious and shy when we first met, not really to him but to the people who have been staring us. And MIGHT be thinking that I am a slag, lol. (Good thing I don't wear sexy clothes) so there, now I don't really care about what other people say, I don't mind. That's the good thing about British people :)

Hahaha..I think if other people will have an argument/debate with Keith, they will be the first one to surrender. Keith really doesn't give a S*** what others think of him. You will not know if what he's saying is to just annoy you or if he actually means it. If someone winds him up, expect the other person would get wind up in the end. He's worse than a drunk person! :icon_lol: I'm actually surprised I've managed to stay sane being with him 24/7 for more than 2 years! :laugher:

Okay end with being off topic. :biggrin:

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 17:18
As long as I'm not starving (fridge and cupboard is overflowing actually) and have a roof on top of me, plus a little bit of luxury sometimes (dining out, holiday, gadgets, heating in the house is 20C above the whole year, etc.)

do you live in the real world--??? thousands of families in this country can only dream of such luxuries

So do we have to starve to be in the real world? Do we have to get cold to be in the real world? Do we have to not have any house to live in to be in the real world. What we have is what we call our priorities (food, house, clothes, heating) so we put our money on that. We live in the real world. We don't spend on things we will never need. We don't drink and smoke either so no money wasted on such habits. The only holiday we had for two and a half years that I've been here in the UK is our holiday in the Philippines last November. I think if you plan things accordingly with the money you have, then you can have luxuries that you want, which what we are doing.

grahamw48
28th February 2014, 18:12
I will send someone around to explain it. Just get on with reading the Daily Sport.

You're on 'ignore' . Fool. :NoNo:

Yes, that means I no longer have to read the insulting and ****-stirring rubbish you've posted on this thread, or any other.

Espie
28th February 2014, 18:14
Hi takenoprisoners! Sorry about your plight. I can only advise you to sit with your wife and discuss about her unpleasant attitude. She probably needs a reality check and look back where she came from. If she wants more, she better be working harder shouldn't she? Don't lose faith, give her chance and, if it doesn't work, get rid of her.

About your question, No not at all. I guess it depends on someone's upbringing. Either way, I wish you and your wife can sort things out for the sake of your child. Hugs!

bigmac
28th February 2014, 18:16
So do we have to starve to be in the real world? Do we have to get cold to be in the real world? Do we have to not have any house to live in to be in the real world. What we have is what we call our priorities (food, house, clothes, heating) so we put our money on that. We live in the real world. We don't spend on things we will never need. We don't drink and smoke either so no money wasted on such habits. The only holiday we had for two and a half years that I've been here in the UK is our holiday in the Philippines last November. I think if you plan things accordingly with the money you have, then you can have luxuries that you want, which what we are doing.

Oh--well that's me put right then. Obviously got things wrong somewhere.

Michael Parnham
28th February 2014, 19:50

Well, I've no assets and my wife and I are very happy together; also the age gap is 43 years! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th February 2014, 20:01

Exactly right Rayna, well said! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
28th February 2014, 20:18

young or old, westerner or not...it is always better to marry a man with financial stability. :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
28th February 2014, 20:25
Hi takenoprisoners! Sorry about your plight. I can only advice you to sit with your wife and discuss about her unpleasant attitude. She probably needs a reality check and look back where she came from. If she wants more, she better be working harder doesn't she? Don't loose faith, give her chance if it dint work, get rid of her.

About your question, No not at all. I guess it depends on someone's upbringing. Either way, I wish you and your wife can sort things out for the sake of your child. Hugs!

Well said! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
28th February 2014, 20:33

You know exactly where she is coming from...why she wants this and that. She wants to fill that part of her life from when she was a kid.

It's common to a person - regardless of race - to want the things they've never had or experienced.

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 20:42
young or old, westerner or not...it is always better to marry a man with financial stability. :icon_lol:
Always better to marry a woman with financial stability. Someone who's your equal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 20:45
You know exactly where she is coming from...why she wants this and that. She wants to fill that part of her life from when she was a kid.

It's common to a person - regardless of race - to want the things they never had or experienced.

And to hell with the man who took her from that hellhole ...sounds fair to me malditako. :cwm25:

stevewool
28th February 2014, 20:45
You cannot help who you fall in love with, just make every day the best it can be. Who knows when it may end

malditako
28th February 2014, 20:50
And to hell with the man who took her from that hellhole ...sounds fair to me malditako. :cwm25:

what makes you say that it's a hellhole where she came from...you can never be sure :icon_lol:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 20:52
You've misinterpreted what bigmac meant :cwm25:

The luxuries you are talking about are not what we had when we were kids. .60s Britain wasn't what it is now. The likes of us have never had it so good.

Neither of my Filipino wives had seen full refrigerators before on a daily basis. .something some on here take for granted.

The Real world is the poverty stricken world. We in the United Kingdom are the lucky ones. The small minority.

Not a day passes when I don't thank my maker for such blessings

malditako
28th February 2014, 20:56
Always better to marry a woman with financial stability. Someone who's your equal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thats will not work for me...I always settle for one step higher than mine :) that's my standard :Rasp:

marksroomspain
28th February 2014, 21:05
Yes. Next question?

Do you have a certain dislike against filipinas or women in general - especially those that are younger than yourself?

Have you had a bad relationship, so this is your opinion of them or is it just a general opinion?

Just asking...:smile:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 21:06
what makes you say that it's a hellhole where she came from...you can never be sure :icon_lol:

It couldn't have been that clever. .otherwise she wouldn't be raping and pillaging (metaphorically speaking) her husband's assets. ....if you get my drift :Erm:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 21:08
thats will not work for me...i always settle with one step higher than mine :) thats my standard :Rasp:
Snap. ...me too :biggrin:

marksroomspain
28th February 2014, 21:09
My husband is 15 years older than me and has no assets, i.e. house (renting from housing association), savings (money is enough for all our needs and need to work extra so we can go on holidays), and car (he has Motability from RAF). He has his own company to run his websites though and gets War pension and DLA. If he dies, the only thing I can get from him is the pension. His online business, I don't know how to run it and he says he will sell it when he can't do it anymore.

Do I mind that? No. Does that worry me? No. I even told him I don't care about his pension because I can choose to go back in the Philippines where I have my own house and a bit of savings from working in the past. I also have my SSS pension which I'm still paying. My sister has a business which she has always been willing for us relatives to get involved in (she even asked my aunts who are OFWs to go home and just work with her). My siblings actually always tell me that I have more money when I was in the Philippines.

You see, marriage and relationships doesn't have to be having plenty of money and assets. Finding someone you love is not always having the other person have money more than you need. As long as I'm not starving (fridge and cupboard is overflowing actually) and have a roof on top of me, plus a little bit of luxury sometimes (dining out, holiday, gadgets, heating in the house is 20C above the whole year, etc.), then who says being married to my older husband is doomed without him having the assets that the others here have? I met my husband and fell in love with him not because he may have money to give me and my family. As long as he is a good provider for the both of us then good. It's only a matter of being content on what you have and understanding all your and your partner's limits .

Rayna's an example to a true Filipina, Keith is certainly one lucky guy...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 21:13
You've misinterpreted what bigmac meant :cwm25:

The luxuries you are talking about are not what we had when we were kids. .60s Britain wasn't what it is now. The likes of us have never had it so good.

Neither of my Filipino wives had seen full refrigerators before on a daily basis. .something some on here take for granted.

The Real world is the poverty stricken world. We in the United Kingdom are the lucky ones. The small minority.

Not a day passes when I don't thank my maker for such blessings

I'm just replying to what he replied on my post the way I understand it. Interpreting it more than what I understand about what he wrote just makes things more complicated. I'm not a mind reader so unless he or other posters make it clearer, then how would you expect someone to respond correctly?

malditako
28th February 2014, 21:15
It couldn't have been that clever. .otherwise she wouldn't be raping and pillaging (metaphorically speaking) her husband's assets. ....if you get my drift :Erm:

not having material things means its a hellhole...if u also get my drift?...:Cuckoo:

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 21:26
Rayna's an example to a true Filipina, Keith is certainly one lucky guy...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Mark. :biggrin: I've just learned from my parents and my grandparents. Trust me, we don't have riches back home, but I've seen how they are when it comes to their marriages. Money is a problem most of the time, but it didn't become a reason for them to fall apart, they are still very sweet to each other up to now. My dad has always been a provider, but when he lost his job at the age of 40+ or so, my mum took the lead. They both managed to give all of us a very good education and a nice life despite all the money problems.

Moy
28th February 2014, 21:38

:wink::xxgrinning--00xx3: If you're not content with what you have, you won't be content with what you want.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
28th February 2014, 21:49
:wink::xxgrinning--00xx3: If you're not content with what you have, you won't be content with what you want.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
28th February 2014, 21:54

Contentment is the measurement of one's standard and people do have different levels of standard in life :)

marksroomspain
28th February 2014, 22:01
Thanks Mark. :biggrin: I've just learned from my parents and my grandparents. Trust me, we don't have riches back home, but I've seen how they are when it comes to their marriages. Money is a problem most of the time, but it didn't become a reason for them to fell apart, they are still very sweet to each other up to now. My dad has always been a provider, but when he lost his job at the age of 40+ or so, my mum took the lead. They both managed to give all of us a very good education and a nice life despite all the money problems.

Tell you something Rayna that is almost a mirror reflection of my wife Jamie's previous situation.

You have hit the nail on the head, I have a sweet loving family orientated girl who sticks by me tooth and nail no matter what.

I suppose I am a lucky guy like Keith also :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
28th February 2014, 22:14
contentment is the measurement of ones standard and people do have different levels of standards in life :)

You cannot be good enough for everybody but u will be always be the best for the one who deserves you. :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 22:54
You cannot be good enough for everybody but u will be always be the best for the one who deserves you. :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

What's that book of quotes called Moy ? xx

gWaPito
28th February 2014, 23:07
not having material things means its a hellhole...if u also get my drift?...:Cuckoo:

Did I say material things :Erm: How about no food on the table. ..good example

We need the OP back for some clarification

grahamw48
28th February 2014, 23:51
contentment is the measurement of ones standard and people do have different levels of standards in life :)

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers

(Now try saying it quickly Moy...without using an 'f' word :biggrin:).

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 00:03
Perhaps it would also be wise for Filipinas to be as careful when choosing their prospective life partner.

Most seem to make very little effort in investigating the man's life...past and present, or the true facts about his country and culture.

So true. .why is the onus on the guy to adapt to their culture when it's they who are wanting to live in ours.

Good point Graham . .not enough said about this.

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 00:12
Hi takenoprisoners! Sorry about your plight. I can only advise you to sit with your wife and discuss about her unpleasant attitude. She probably needs a reality check and look back where she came from. If she wants more, she better be working harder shouldn't she? Don't lose faith, give her chance and, if it doesn't work, get rid of her.

Can't say fairer than that
Rep on the way

bigmac
1st March 2014, 00:50

The point i was making--in this country 1000's of families struggle to make ends meet--eating out in restaurants is a rare luxury---holidays--probably never. To many, utility bills are a big slice of their income---and this is those that have a job--many dont!

Have you seen these food banks on TV ? This is the real world facing many brits--today.

I'm well aware many filipinos see Britain as a land of plenty--but this is far from the case.

By the way--I don't smoke---or gamble for that matter--not even the Lottery.

Jentobeharrison
1st March 2014, 01:27

I totally agree! lol

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 02:02
I totally agree! lol

Does that mean we're friends again ? :biggrin: I do hope so ...They are fast becoming a dwindling commodity at this present time. .I'm not sure why that is :Erm:

Jentobeharrison
1st March 2014, 02:05
My fiance is just 6 years older than me, we might not have age issues though, but I am still getting the same reaction from other people.

I have a stable job, I can buy the things that I need using my own money, I have never been deprived and I didn't suffer from poverty actually,but I have a FOREIGN boyfriend.

Do the people who are seeing us know what I have? No, they don't. Do the people who are seeing us together know that I have a stable job? That I have my own money? That I can support my own needs? No they don't. Do the people know that I am the one who's paying for our hotel? No, they don't. What they are all seeing is that I am a filipina who has dark skin, and walking with a foreign man who might just be my "client". Even my friends who are very close to me think that I am getting monthly allowance from him, which is a big No No. If my fiance is way older than me, I'd probably still be in love with him, because of what he is and not because of the age.

You see my point? I mean, the stigma, the normal reaction, and the narrow mindedness of other people are just the things that make this issues grow. We have different stories, we have different reasons why we chose our partners, age is just one of the factors.

There are a thousand reasons why we fell in love with our partners and age might just be the downside, but it is just one versus a thousand.

raynaputi
1st March 2014, 02:26
The point i was making--in this country 1000's of families struggle to make ends meet--eating out in restaurants is a rare luxury---holidays--probably never. To many, utility bills are a big slice of their income---and this is those that have a job--many dont!

Have you seen these food banks on TV ? This is the real world facing many brits--today.

I'm well aware many filipinos see Britain as a land of plenty--but this is far from the case.

By the way--I don't smoke---or gamble for that matter--not even the Lottery.

I know that bigmac. But people have different circumstances and ways to manage the money they have. Just because one person isn't getting hungry like another person, doesn't mean he/she is not in the real world. We do have big bills as well (just our electric costs us £250 at least monthly and we managed to put it down compared last winter, but we don't use oil and gas), we just have to budget properly. I never saw UK as a land of plenty though. It's just another country with too many problems as well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
1st March 2014, 02:30
Does that mean we're friends again ? :biggrin: I do hope so ...They are fast becoming a dwindling commodity at this present time. .I'm not sure why that is :Erm:

I have never been mad at you personally I guess? Hahaha. We are both sharing our own opinions and it doesnt mean we are attacking each other personally. Hahaha That's how intelligent people do. HAHHAA

jake
1st March 2014, 07:13
:Erm:......now there's a point, where are all the long time married on here :Erm: There used to be loads of them here posting on a regular basis years ago

The long time married on here have probably seen,heard,listened and more recently read most of the discussions/arguments on this thread. :wink:

Nothing wrong with the OP taking out 2 life insurance policies for his wife and child. I wish more older chaps marrying younger ladies would do the same, especially if they plan to live in the Philippines. Could tell you a few stories of older foreigners leaving their filipina wife's and kids in dire straits.

My wife has taken out 2 life insurance policies for me and i have 1 for her. We were discussing last week about me taking out another one to make it 2-2. That would mean we could take the 3 knives out from under the pillows or add another. :icon_lol:

bigmac
1st March 2014, 09:23
(just our electric costs us £250 at least monthly and we managed to put it down compared last winter,

gulp--that IS a lot. by comparison--i just had my quarterly bills in--£100 for elec--and £240 for gas------but i was a trained energy adviser so i practice what i used to preach. i dont turn the central heating on till 4 pm most days.

but you can see what i was driving at--utility bills of £1000 a year are crippling to many household budgets.

raynaputi
1st March 2014, 10:04
(just our electric costs us £250 at least monthly and we managed to put it down compared last winter,

gulp--that IS a lot. by comparison--i just had my quarterly bills in--£100 for elec--and £240 for gas------but i was a trained energy adviser so i practice what i used to preach. i dont turn the central heating on till 4 pm most days.

but you can see what i was driving at--utility bills of £1000 a year are crippling to many household budgets.

Can you help us put our electric cost down? Hahaha..Lol...:biggrin:

Anyway, I do get what you mean. I know we are luckier than others but it doesn't necessarily mean we're rich. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Okay let's get back on the topic.. :Erm:

grahamw48
1st March 2014, 10:28
Gra....current Energy Efficiency Adviser...tight-fisted Yorkshireman...3 bed detached house...£750 a year for energy costs. 5 layers of clothes and still. :freezin:

raynaputi
1st March 2014, 10:53
Gra....current Energy Efficiency Adviser...tight-fisted Yorkshireman...3 bed detached house...£750 a year for energy costs. 5 layers of clothes and still. :freezin:

Hahahaha.. Keith can't stand being in a cold room, with his arthritis, he'll definitely complain! :icon_lol:

stevewool
1st March 2014, 12:06
surely it is our own fault if we shower our new loves with everything they ask for.

I am very lucky i can afford most things but i dont, it has taken me a long time to get where i am and we do not go without, who wants the latest things when there is nothing wrong with what you have,

So lads you do not have to buy your next girl, just be yourself and if the girl finds you ok as yourself, you are both on to a winner.

bigmac
1st March 2014, 12:09
So lads you do not have to buy your next girl, just be yourself and if the girl finds you ok as yourself, you are both on to a winner,

yep--absolutely

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 13:46
The long time married on here have probably seen,heard,listened and more recently read most of the discussions/arguments on this thread. :wink:

Nothing wrong with the OP taking out 2 life insurance policies for his wife and child. I wish more older chaps marrying younger ladies would do the same, especially if they plan to live in the Philippines. Could tell you a few stories of older foreigners leaving their filipina wife's and kids in dire straits.

My wife has taken out 2 life insurance policies for me and i have 1 for her. We were discussing last week about me taking out another one to make it 2-2. That would mean we could take the 3 knives out from under the pillows or add another. :icon_lol:

There's nothing wrong at all with takin out numerous life policies :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm worth more dead that alive. Always been lucky enough to afford quality life cover.

OP has stated he has little means yet his dear wife wants more cover....to hell with their immediate future. He's said she's only concerned with life after his death.

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 13:51
I have never been mad at you personally I guess? Hahaha. We are both sharing our own opinions and it doesnt mean we are attacking each other personally. Hahaha That's how intelligent people do. HAHHAA

Opinions alone aren't worth a hoot...opinons based on life experiences are ...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 13:55
So lads you do not have to buy your next girl, just be yourself and if the girl finds you ok as yourself, you are both on to a winner,

yep--absolutely

When the monthly allowances start flying over it becomes a transaction

Just a thought :wink:

stevewool
1st March 2014, 17:53
if the monthly allowance becomes a transaction, and you both have not agreed this well you are in the wrong partnership, thats just my thought on it, a good partnership is talking and coming to the same thoughts together and being happy with what has been sorted, its called living day to day for many of us

Terpe
1st March 2014, 19:04
if the monthly allowance becomes a transaction, and you both have not agreed this well you are in the wrong partnership, thats just my thought on it, a good partnership is talking and coming to the same thoughts together and being happy with what has been sorted, its called living day to day for many of us

Exactly right again Steve....

"I'm OK, You're OK" is one of the best selling self-help books ever published. It is a practical guide to Transactional Analysis as a method for solving problems in life
Source:- Wikipedia

http://www.businessballs.com/images/transa6.jpg

One of my study books from a previous life.

The ideal and optimum position is also "I'm OK, You're OK" (Happy)
Means...don't lay blame. That's not an issue - the important thing is how to move forward and sort things out. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry for off topic :wink:

stevewool
1st March 2014, 19:29
- the important thing is how to move forward and sort things out.

this is what some people cannot do or just will not do, its either my way or no way, again just my thoughts no harm meant to others

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 20:34
I know that bigmac. But people have different circumstances and ways to manage the money they have. Just because one person isn't getting hungry like another person, doesn't mean he/she is not in the real world. We do have big bills as well (just our electric costs us £250 at least monthly and we managed to put it down compared last winter, but we don't use oil and gas), we just have to budget properly. I never saw UK as a land of plenty though. It's just another country with too many problems as well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You handled that well Bigmac :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

I'd give you another rep but alas, I must keep sharing the love :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
1st March 2014, 20:44

It was a light hearted comment Steve.

I knew I had to part with money to maintain the relationship, be it a meagre amount. No big deal to me but, it was a matter of survival there.

Moy
1st March 2014, 20:50
It was a light hearted comment Steve.

I knew I had to part with money to maintain the relationship, be it a meagre amount. No big deal to me but, it was a matter of survival there.

You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
2nd March 2014, 10:55

Why investigate when they see clearly what they want from you

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 11:24

What would that be, do you think ? :smile:

stevewool
2nd March 2014, 11:54
my body i was told from day one that is what she wanted, then i woke up :biggrin:

malditako
2nd March 2014, 13:14
What would that be, do you think ? :smile:

your thoughts could be better than mine i guess :smile:

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 13:17
your thoughts could be better than mine i guess :smile:

How about answering my question ? :smile:

malditako
2nd March 2014, 13:21
How about answering my question ? :smile:

you are smart enough to know my answer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 14:11

You still have to make the effort to adapt into your chosen husband's environment ..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 14:13
you are smart enough to know my answer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't need to be smart :cwm25:

Thanks for confirming it here

stevewool
2nd March 2014, 14:15
you are right there Mark, and some of our partners can do that better then we can, myself will have to one day adapt to another enviroment, Ems world as i call it, and i do hope i can adapt just as quick as she has done here

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 14:20
You've got a good one Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
2nd March 2014, 14:22
You've got a good one Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

indeed :smile:

SimonH
2nd March 2014, 14:36
There seem to be a lot of insinuations going on here, so here's my take on it.

Wherever you come from in the world there's going to be good and bad, givers and takers. Now, of course there's going to be an element of scamming when you want to meet a partner over the net, and some are going to get caught out.

Our cultures vary greatly, but as women from the Philippines have a reputation for being beautiful, the men have the reputation of being womanisers, whereas western men have (hopefully) a reputation of being honest and loyal.

Maybe some of the women on here can confirm my theory that honesty and loyalty is an attractive feature, and it's not just our wallets you're interested in :smile:

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 14:38
Good post Simon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
2nd March 2014, 15:03

Wherever you come from in the world there's going to be good and bad, givers and takers. Now, of course there's going to be an element of scamming when you want to meet a partner over the net, and some are going to get caught out.

Our cultures vary greatly, but as women from the Philippines have a reputation for being beautiful, the men have the reputation of being womanisers, where as western men have (hopefully) a reputation of being honest and loyal.

Maybe some of the women on here can confirm my theory that honesty and loyalty is an attractive feature, and it's not just our wallets you're interested in :smile:

Add sense of humour, caring & responsible to that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 16:06
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Absolutely. .we are few and far between.

grahamw48
2nd March 2014, 16:13
Agree...my only assets. :cwm3:

gWaPito
2nd March 2014, 17:00
Agree...my only assets. :cwm3:

Wouldn't be so sure on our sense of humour :NoNo: Sarcasm wasn't a hit with mine. .Both took great offence by it :doh

Arthur Little
2nd March 2014, 17:01

:gp: ... probably they're ^ my best attributes.

tiger31
2nd March 2014, 18:55
you are right there Mark, and some of our partners can do that better then we can, myself will have to one day adapt to another enviroment, Ems world as i call it, and i do hope i can adapt just as quick as she has done here

All ya got to do Steve, is switch from shirt n tie to shorts n flipflops, it,s easy peasy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
2nd March 2014, 20:07
all ya got to do Steve, is switch for shirt n tie to shorts n flipflops, it,s easy peasy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If thats it Brian, I will blend in just swell

scottishbride
2nd March 2014, 20:53
This is very interesting posts that caught my eyes.

According to your post, she is not content and a bit materialistic. Take note, not all Filipinas are like that. :NoNo: It depends on how they've been brought up by their parents.

It is hard to predict what's on her mind. It seems like she wants more and not contented with her life. She has chosen money over her love ones. Do you think you have given her more that's why she wants more?

Sometimes you need to know when to stop and start fighting back! :cwm23: Lol! She needs to know your limitations. And most of all she needs to know that she is wrong.

Talk to your wife and mention all your concerns, also remind her of the past before you even met her. Her life in the Philippines and her previous lifestyle.

Good luck, hope you sort out your marriage. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
3rd March 2014, 07:29
the men have the reputation of being womanisers, whereas western men have (hopefully) a reputation of being honest and loyal.

Most of the male and female members will agree with your post. Sometimes people are given a good or bad reputation which is not always accurate.

One thing i have noticed about filipino men is they are less discreet about womanizing compared to western men. Why? Perhaps they know their wives won't do anything about it, as she would struggle to support any kids they have by herself.

Personally, I don't think western men are anymore loyal than their filipino counterparts when it comes to relationships. If my relation or neighbour in the Philippines is having an affair the chances of me finding out are very high. If it was happening in the UK, I would probably never know or hear anything.

Sorry for going of topic :smile:

gWaPito
3rd March 2014, 16:40

Our cultures vary greatly, but as women from the Philippines have a reputation for being beautiful, the men have the reputation of being womanisers, whereas western men have (hopefully) a reputation of being honest and loyal.

Honesty and loyalty is what attracted me to a filipina. .

The scamming element on the dating sites are big. I've been with filipinocupid since December. .to date nothing but dead ends. Needless to say, I won't be renewing my membership after it expires end of this month.

Strange. .when I first met my first wife on Fc I thought they were the best thing since the invention of sliced bread. .even when I met my 2nd wife there :icon_lol: gotta laugh. Now I see it all differently

Good and bad everywhere. .absolutely but, In variable degrees. The third world seem to have more than their fair share of the bad seemingly on the dating sites. I guess It's desperate times, desperate measures.

I'm not going to be a party pooper here :biggrin: most of you guys are in the spring time of your relationships. .things are still unfolding so best I be quiet.

Peace and love to all :heartshape1:

stevewool
3rd March 2014, 21:04
I'm not going to be a party pooper here :biggrin: most of you guys are in the spring time of your relationships. .things are still unfolding so best I be quiet

you are right Mark, its just over 3 years of being married and having known Ems for another 3 before that, I do not take anything for granted and neither does Ems, but i must admit its me who does the falling out mainly, yes Ems gets the long lip if i dont take her out for a nice meal now and again,

Live day to day and be honest with each other is all we can do and hope for the best

grahamw48
3rd March 2014, 22:59
Yes, I am still waiting, (2 years now) for my sweet lady to finally realise what a stupid old git she's got involved with...but will keep my fingers crossed. :pray:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 01:59
If my relation or neighbour in the Philippines is having an affair the chances of me finding out are very high. If it was happening in the UK, I would probably never know or hear anything.

Sorry for going of topic :smile:

Us Brits haven't got gossiping off to a fine art. We're too busy at work looking after our business. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 02:06
Steve and Graham. .you've done it the right way. ..time! !!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: It takes all the guesswork out of it. If there's any smoking out to be done, time sorts it out. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
4th March 2014, 02:12
you are right Mark, its just over 3 years of being married and having known Ems for another 3 before that, I do not take anything for granted and neither does Ems, but i must admit its me who does the falling out mainly, yes Ems gets the long lip if i dont take her out for a nice meal now and again,

Live day to day and be honest with each other is all we can do and hope for the best

Yes, and be honest with yourself. Looks like you are not bending over backwards to please all the time. That's good, cause that can't be maintained indefinitely.
You both speak out, which is what a healthy husband/wife relationship is all about.

I love you more mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
7th March 2014, 04:12

After living here in the R.P for a fair while,I have got to know 100`s of couples that also live here with wide and varying age differences.

From my observation they seem to live happy lives for the most part with a pretty obvious real love of each other.. I`m trying to think back but cannot for the life of me think of a single couple that have split up.. So that must be a good thing.

In the UK,I know of 100`s of white couples with similar ages and can think easily of many that have split up, divorced, abusive relationship etc etc..

So not such a good thing IMO..

In conclusion I think that even if it is a financial trade off that breaks the ice between two people (not always the case) and they then go on to live happy lives then its a simple case of JOB DONE!!
Whats the problem?

Actually, what I really mean is....What is your problem?

purple
7th March 2014, 08:16
I for one isn't like that. Apart from wanting some new clothes and shoes sometimes, and dining out now and again, I don't ask anything from my hubby with regards to money and such. I always just wait what he can offer/give me but never demand. We don't have much anyway. :biggrin:

Anyway, I'm sorry if you are experiencing things like that. Does your wife work? Maybe you can tell her to work for things she wants!

We are on the same boat Rayna. As much as I like being a housewife, I can't help thinking if I am a burden to Mark... you know the feeling when you used to own :REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1: and spend it with no guilt because you work for it.

Now have to forget the luxuries of weekly pampering in the spa .. hahaha

Life in the UK huh? But we love our man that's the best bit of living here.

gWaPito
7th March 2014, 10:34
Where did i go wrong :NoNo::doh:bigcry::Rasp:

purple
7th March 2014, 13:56

I don't think this statement is fair. A "young Filipina"? How about young British lady, or a young lad.

I knew some Filipinas who stick with their man. That's because of "marriage of convenience" and "living in contentment" is what in their minds and get to love the person a long the way.

You do really get people change after marriage, that's why the divorce/separation/annulment. It doesn't only happens in this country.

When respect and loyalty is no longer there in the union why stay? For the sake of the child? Poor child to grow up with such chaos.

marksroomspain
7th March 2014, 14:31
I don't this statement is fair. A "young Filipina"? How about young British lady, or a young lad.

I knew some Filipinas who stick with their man. That's because of "marriage of convenience" and "living in contentment" is what in their minds and get to love the person a long the way.

You do really get people change after marriage, that's why the divorce/separation/annulment. It doesn't only happens in this country.

When respect and loyalty is no longer there in the union why stay? For the sake of the child? Poor child to grow up with such chaos.

Totally agree purple 100%.

Maybe the person who wrote this has had a bad experience or maybe is just a sad person who does not like to see others happy.

I am lucky to have found a genuine filipina who I have known 2 and a half years and love and respect more and more as each day passes.

Herself never asks me for anything I just give :wink: but she has a beautiful soul and has given me much more than I could have wished for and that is our gorgeous little boy...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
7th March 2014, 15:31
"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3: plus “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.” :biggrin:

gWaPito
7th March 2014, 17:05
Who's unhappy, Moy?

grahamw48
7th March 2014, 18:11
"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3: plus “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.” :biggrin:

But I'm really happy.

How come I still see a wrinkled up old man in the mirror then ? :cwm3:

Moy
7th March 2014, 19:28
Who's unhappy, Moy?

Emm anyone who is unhappy :-P lols

Moy
7th March 2014, 19:30
But I'm really happy.

How come I still see a wrinkled up old man in the mirror then ? :cwm3:
Because bloody wrinkled doesnt connect to happiness or any emotion ;-) :-P only one thing I'm sure you are getting tiguwang:-D haha

sentinent
7th March 2014, 19:45
After living here in the R.P for a fair while,I have got to know 100`s of couples that also live here with wide and varying age differences.

From my observation they seem to live happy lives for the most part with a pretty obvious real love of each other.. I`m trying to think back but cannot for the life of me think of a single couple that have split up.. So that must be a good thing.

In the UK,I know of 100`s of white couples with similar ages and can think easily of many that have split up, divorced, abusive relationship etc etc..

So not such a good thing IMO..

In conclusion I think that even if it is a financial trade off that breaks the ice between two people (not always the case) and they then go on to live happy lives then its a simple case of JOB DONE!!
Whats the problem?

Actually, what I really mean is....What is your problem?

I think this a forum where the members can express their opinions and recount their experiences. Because I have a different view from yours do you think that you should be challenging my views with the phrase "What is your problem?" I doubt very much that you have got to know "100s of couples" with wide age differences who live here and that none have split up. You clearly fabricate data to support a very poor argument. Do not be so confrontational as it only undermines your very weak case.

Michael Parnham
7th March 2014, 19:51
I'm very happy and also my lovely wife is very happy, that's why nobody notices our age gap and it's the largest age gap on this forum, I think! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
7th March 2014, 20:02
I'm very happy and also my lovely wife is very happy, that's why nobody notices our age gap and it's the largest age gap on this forum, I think! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yep, I think so Michael ....you don't blow trumpets on street corners either as do the hypocrites. You've done it and been there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
7th March 2014, 20:07
As Sentinent states, at best we can only recount our experiences and unfortunately mine isn't that good. It doesn't make us wrong, right, sad or merchants of doom. ..we're just saying it is what it is. :-)

grahamw48
7th March 2014, 20:22
What personal experiences has sentinent recounted ? :Erm:

stevewool
7th March 2014, 20:26
you are right Mark as you say , it is what it is, but it was Sentinent saying all those that believe they have found love are fools, just because it may have not worked for others or they are a glutton for punishment and keep going back for more, dont tar us all with the same brush is what we ask

grahamw48
7th March 2014, 20:32
Exactly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
7th March 2014, 21:28
I think this a forum where the members can express their opinions and recount their experiences. Because I have a different view from yours do you think that you should be challenging my views with the phrase"What is your problem?" I doubt very much that you have got to know "100s of couples" with wide age differences who live here and that none have split up. You clearly fabricate data to support a very poor argument. Do not be so confrontational as it only undermines your very weak case.

I can only see one person as confrontational here.

I don't mind peoples views but to actually say the things you have said is quite insulting to those who have actually found some happiness in life, certainly negative comments come to mind.

Statistics:

Western/Western Divorce Rate more than 50%

In California USA 70%

American average 57%

Western/Filipino/Asian Divorce Rate 20%

(Data supplied by the US Census Bureau)

Rant Over...:NoNo:

sentinent
7th March 2014, 23:12
I can only see one person as confrontational here.

I don't mind peoples views but to actually say the things you have said is quite insulting to those who have actually found some happiness in life, certainly negative comments come to mind.

Statistics:

Western/Western Divorce Rate more than 50%

In California USA 70%

American average 57%

Western/Filipino/Asian Divorce Rate 20%

(Data supplied by the US Census Bureau)

Rant Over...:NoNo:

So a young Filipina is going to commit to an old white man? That is how the contra argument goes on this thread.

So what is the young Filipina attracted to? The boyish good looks? The dashing style? No. Of course not. She is looking for someone (anyone in truth) who will support her (and usually her extended family also). It is not that I do not have sympathy with the geriatric guys who fall for the "you have good heart" line. It is easy to lose 30 years of age on the plane ride over to Phils. You arrive in Phils as Brad Pitt or George Clooney. Filipinas are wonderful at convincing you that you are everything they are looking for. When ALL they are looking for is to get out of Phils pronto or to find someone to take them and their families out of the abject poverty they endure in the Philippines.

So I repeat my opening contribution to this thread. When there is a wide age gap between a white guy and a Filipina then affection becomes a transaction. Those of you who are in such a relationship can continue to delude yourselves as much as you wish. Those of you who feel you want to get aggressive or insulting can do so. But I am only being realistic.

If there was an Olympic event for subterfuge then Filipinas would win hands down every four years.

And I am not speaking as someone who has suffered at the hands of a Filipina. I am speaking as someone who lives on this planet. I have had relationships with Filipinas. And, in their more reflective moments, they will openly accept that they go with much older white guys solely for financial security.

fred
7th March 2014, 23:54
I think this a forum where the members can express their opinions and recount their experiences.

Thats correct and IMO you have a problem! Its my view/"opinion"...

You clearly fabricate data to support a very poor argument. Do not be so confrontational as it only undermines your very weak case.

Why would I need to fabricate data? I`m not arguing with you and I have no case to answer.
Just sharing my personal observations from both countries over the last 35 years.
Do you think it unusual to encounter 100`s of different couples in that time frame?
Perhaps you need to get out more!! :icon_lol:

grahamw48
8th March 2014, 00:12
We're all dooooomed ! :cwm3:

marksroomspain
8th March 2014, 00:22
So a young Filipina is going to commit to an old white man? That is how the contra argument goes on this thread.

So what is the young Filipina attracted to? The boyish good looks? The dashing style? No. Of course not. She is looking for someone (anyone in truth) who will support her (and usually her extended family also). It is not that I do not have sympathy with the geriatric guys who fall for the "you have good heart" line. It is easy to lose 30 years of age on the plane ride over to Phils. You arrive in Phils as Brad Pitt or George Clooney. Filipinas are wonderful at convincing you that you are everything they are looking for. When ALL they are looking for is to get out of Phils pronto or to find someone to take them and their families out of the abject poverty they endure in the Philippines.

So I repeat my opening contribution to this thread. When there is a wide age gap between a white guy and a Filipina then affection becomes a transaction. Those of you who are in such a relationship can continue to delude yourselves as much as you wish. Those of you who feel you want to get aggressive or insulting can do so. But I am only being realistic.

If there was an Olympic event for subterfuge then Filipinas would win hands down every four years.

And I am not speaking as someone who has suffered at the hands of a Filipina. I am speaking as someone who lives on this planet. I have had relationships with Filipinas. And, in their more reflective moments, they will openly accept that they go with much older white guys solely for financial security.

Personally my wife was classed as a middle class filipina living in a 3 bedroom home with her family who managed to look after their family without handouts but money from work.

She also owns land there for investment for our sons future.

She acclaimed this long before we met and has never asked me for one penny.

She is very successful in her own right with a university degree second to none.

She is a missionary to help those who have suffered the most pain and suffering anybody could ever imagine.

As a nurse I see what she has to give, I see whats inside her heart, I feel and know what she has to offer.

She could have had money - in fact a marriage to a Senator's son - but she was not happy.

Whoopee doo, lucky me! I got lucky but I suppose I see inside a person and feel the real thing.

Mmm am I happy, God, you bet I am, hope you are too take care and god bless :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
8th March 2014, 00:45
Very young guy at 43 for my baby 25. God sentinent, if this is Heaven I am blessed; if this is hell, well I'm loving it :biggrin:

fred
8th March 2014, 01:17
You clearly fabricate data to support a very poor argument. Do not be so confrontational as it only undermines your very weak case.

May the record reflect…

I,ve just checked this guy`s profile..
Apparently he`s a retired solicitor!!:icon_lol:

SimonH
8th March 2014, 07:44
Trollololol :wink:

SimonH
8th March 2014, 07:52

I met my other half in London, she'd been here 5 years before we met. She earns more than I do, and believe me I'm no Brad Pitt or George Clooney.

She must be :crazy:

Michael Parnham
8th March 2014, 08:19

Tread very carefully Sentinent! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmac
8th March 2014, 08:30

yep. thats how i see my situation. she was open and upfront about her intentions.

Moy
8th March 2014, 09:44
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. :wink:

grahamw48
8th March 2014, 10:20
My girlfriend (who is a member of this forum) was too upset and angry to reply to this thread.

Thanks for your contribution to international relations 'Sentinent'. :icon_rolleyes:

fred
8th March 2014, 10:25
My girlfriend (who is a member of this forum) was too upset and angry to reply to this thread.

Thanks for your contribution to international relations 'Sentinent'. :icon_rolleyes:

:NoNo:

stevewool
8th March 2014, 10:49
We all get angry sometimes and most have to vent our anger at people they either think have caused it or to others who will listen.

After listening to that persons problems and on what may have caused their problem too, many may offer advice on how to move on.
And here is the problem, TIME TO MOVE ON.

Some people just cannot do that and try to drag others down to their level of how to treat people.

I am sorry if you or others have been treated badly before, but deep down did you treat the people you was with badly too,

Just a thought.

marksroomspain
8th March 2014, 12:58

We are the lucky ones Graham, let the sad undespicables wallow in self pity.

Regards to your lovely lady... :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th March 2014, 13:04
Agree, and thanks Mark. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
8th March 2014, 13:15
Graham, tell Mercedes to ignore comments from that old miserable guy.

Don't let him spoil whatever you two have, a happy relationship that he cannot have. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
8th March 2014, 13:22
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. :wink:

How about a life not making the same mistakes Moy? Such is human nature, some of us are hardwired to do just that.

gWaPito
8th March 2014, 13:37

Don't let him spoil whatever you two have, a happy relationship that he cannot have. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is life I'm afraid. ..we can't wrap ourselves in cotton wool. Take a leaf out of Michael's book. ....he's not affected, in fact I've never seen him affected. He knows where it's at and knows his own mind. An excellent role model for all of us. If you're equally sure of your relationships then there shouldn't be a problem no matter what anybody else says :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Love and peace my friends. ..love and peace.

Just a footnote
If Sentinent is a retired solicitor then he would know that more than most.

You all know I'm currently going through it wd my filipina wife.
The solicitor already told me we get men like you coming though our doors every week.

These solicitors have it in their faces all the time, so you can understand why Sentinent is saying these things. We would too, if we were confronted with broken hearted guys day in, day out and with the ludicrous British law as it stands today, basically powerless to help it's own people ...we are only human after all

grahamw48
8th March 2014, 13:40

Thanks Rayna. Our relationship is how we both want it to be, and certainly not likely to be affected by such cynics. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th March 2014, 13:47
This is life im afraid. ..we can't wrap ourselves in cotton wool. Take a leaf out of Michael's book. ....he's not affected, in fact I've never seen him affected. He's knows where it's at and knows his own mind. An excellent role model for all of us. If you're equally sure of your relationships then their shouldn't be a problem no matter what anybody else says :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just a footnote
If Sentinent is a retired solicitor then he would know more than most.

You all know im currently going through it wd my filipina wife.
The solicitor already told me we get men like you coming though our doors every week.

These solicitors have it in their faces all the time so you can understand why Sentinent is saying these things. We would to if we were confronted with broken hearted guys day in, day out and with the ludicrous British law as it stands today, basically powerless to help it's own people ...we are only human after all

In that situation I'd also have the good sense to realise that my view on such relationships is likely to be 'skewed' . Also, as a mature man, that taking cheap shots at total strangers over the internet is not only rather sad, but also, if a Filipino is involved, opening up the possibility of being sued for it (Libel), next time you're in the Phils. As a foreigner, you'd be on VERY shaky ground. Something I'd have thought a 'solicitor' would be well up on. :smile:

http://www.abogadomo.com/law-professor/law-professor-archives/libel-laws-of-the-philippines

raynaputi
8th March 2014, 13:52
This is life im afraid. ..we can't wrap ourselves in cotton wool. Take a leaf out of Michael's book. ....he's not affected, in fact I've never seen him affected. He's knows where it's at and knows his own mind. An excellent role model for all of us. If you're equally sure of your relationships then their shouldn't be a problem no matter what anybody else says :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just a footnote
If Sentinent is a retired solicitor then he would know more than most.

You all know im currently going through it wd my filipina wife.

These solicitors have it in their faces all the time so you can understand why Sentinent is saying these things. We would to if we were confronted with broken hearted guys day in, day out and with the ludicrous British law as it stands today, basically powerless to help it's own people ...we are only human after all

Knowing more, as you say it, doesn't give him a right to insult the members here who found true love. If you will search this guy's first post in the forum, you'll know why he can't find a decent Filipina, even if being a solicitor gave him the money that Filipinas want according to him. He doesn't have a right to tar these young Filipinas with the same brush. I wonder if whenever he's in the Philippines, he searches for Filipinas with the same age as him (66). I doubt it.