PDA

View Full Version : 12 things you might regret....

rani
24th February 2014, 14:04
12 Things You Might Regret 10 Years from Now About Today
http://www.barefootbeginnings.net/2014/02/17/live-with-no-regrets/

grahamw48
24th February 2014, 14:31
Very inspirational. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can tick most of those boxes...and working on the ones I haven't been able to yet. :Jump:

Terpe
24th February 2014, 19:26
I can honestly say I've always strived to achieve my old school motto "Fill the unforgiving minute"

It's from a poem by Rudyard Kipling called "If". The whole poem is a great piece of advice.
Deserves it's own thread.

I'll admit to some misgivings in my life, but I'll not admit to any real regret. Maybe that's a weakness.

RickyR
25th February 2014, 08:34
I can honestly say I've always strived to achieve my old school motto "Fill the unforgiving minute"

It's from a poem by Rudyard Kipling called "If". The whole poem is a great piece of advice.
Deserves it's own thread.

I'll admit to some misgivings in my life, but I'll not admit to any real regret. Maybe that's a weakness.

When I joined my first ship in the Merchant Navy as a cadet, the Captain handed that to me a few days in and told me to memorise it and would have to recite it from memory several days later, he kept his word. I still haven't forgotten it.

Terpe
25th February 2014, 10:18
When I joined my first ship in the Merchant Navy as a cadet, the Captain handed that to me a few days in and told me to memorise it and would have to recite it from memory several days later, he kept his word. I still haven't forgotten it.

It's a great piece of work and a great 'operations manual' on life.
So many lines from it used as inspirational motto's.

Something else I always remember from the owner of the company that employed me for over 30 years is "never put your name to anything that you might be ashamed of in the future'.
Also helps to avoid 'regrets'.

Arthur Little
25th February 2014, 10:42
:poke: ... yesterday is history, tomorrow ... :anerikke: ... a mystery;
but today is a *gift ...

.................... :yeahthat:'s WHY *it's called THE PRESENT!