PDA

View Full Version : UK-Philippines-Hong Kong

Slip
23rd February 2014, 14:11
There is a slight possibility that during my 6 weeks in Philippines I may be visiting Hong Kong for a few days. What requirements are needed for a UK citizen visiting via Philippines and do you think there will be any problems reentering Philippines after?

Jenky
23rd February 2014, 16:34
I think there is no problem as long as you have an onward ticket available to show if asked. So on re entry to Fil you need to have your return ticket to Uk With you as proof of onward journey

grahamw48
23rd February 2014, 18:26
Done it many times when I worked in Hong Kong and my family were at our house in the Phils.

As a Brit, you'll be given 6 months visa-free in Hong Kong.

Any time you enter the Phils, you just need to show a ticket OUT to ANYWHERE. Doesn't have to be your home country.

Cheap flights easily obtainable between the two countries, and only takes a couple of hours on the plane. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
23rd February 2014, 18:39
As a Brit, you'll be given 6 months visa-free in Hong Kong.

So what you are saying is I do not need a visa to visit Hong Kong, unlike Philippines. So really it's a case of booking the ticket and visiting.

Thanks for that info :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd February 2014, 19:48
Yes, that's correct. :smile:

Thanks for the rep too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
27th February 2014, 19:19
So what you are saying is I do not need a visa to visit Hong Kong, unlike Philippines. So really it's a case of booking the ticket and visiting.

Thanks for that info :xxgrinning--00xx3:
you dont need a visa to visit phils either unless staying over 30 days

Slip
27th February 2014, 20:21
you dont need a visa to visit phils either unless staying over 30 days

I am staying 6 weeks :biggrin:

irishman12
28th February 2014, 18:50
yes, but u said u might be going to hong kong during that 6 week stay - so you wouldnt need visa for phils, you can stay for 30 days on arrival and then another 30 days when arrive back from hkg