PDA

View Full Version : Split up

Nick30
19th February 2014, 20:42
Just so you all know I split up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago :( I didn't want to say anything until now. It feels so sad to know that she just got a new boyfriend. That made me so upset but now I feel we should move on and I'm now ready to date again.

I would like to meet another Filipina but I don't know which is the best genuine dating site to go on. They maybe could be someone on here or one of the members who knows someone either a family member or a friend who's single I would be happy to get to know them.
I'm feeling better about the split now. :)

stevewool
19th February 2014, 20:50
Its always sad news Nick when this happens, but hey just think she was not right for you, and like you say you have moved on,
I am sure there are lots of ladies on here who may push you in the right direction, good luck

Michael Parnham
19th February 2014, 20:58
Sorry to hear that Nick, never mind plenty more fish in the sea, good luck for the future! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
19th February 2014, 21:18
Oh, that's bad news mate.

If it was meant to happen, I guess it would have done.

Lots of lovely ladies out there. Learn from this experience and go gettem boy ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
20th February 2014, 00:35
Nick.. Is it not possible for you to come over for 3 weeks or so and meet someone in person??

Beats those dating sites by a mile and gets you out of the British weather to boot!!

Just a suggestion.

Nick30
20th February 2014, 00:38
Many thanks for all your support and I'm so grateful for it. @fred, yes I could do that I suppose. I don't really want to be near Hundred Islands Alaminos as I will get memories of when me and my ex danced on the Hundred Islands.

Again many thanks :)

fred
20th February 2014, 00:52
Many thanks for all your support and I'm so grateful for it. @fred yes I could do that I suppose. I don't really want to be near Hundred Islands Alaminos as I will get memories of when me and my ex danced on the Hundred Islands.
Again many thanks :)

Come over to Bohol.. We`ll show you around...No worries!!

Nick30
20th February 2014, 01:01
Cheers fred :)

Jack1969_uk
20th February 2014, 01:03
You're in West Sussex why not look into local Filipino associations in Brighton or Horsham?

I know there's many living in that area. I have friends in Horsham and have been to quite a few gatherings there.

Check it out you never know you might strike gold!

Nick30
20th February 2014, 01:31
Please give me more info.

Terpe
20th February 2014, 17:27
Just so you all know I split up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago :( I didn't want to say anything until now. It feels so sad to know that she just got a new boyfriend. That made me so upset but now I feel we should move on and I'm now ready to date again.

I would like to meet another Filipina but I don't know which is the best genuine dating site to go on. They maybe could be someone on here or one of the members who knows someone either a family member or a friend who's single I would be happy to get to know them.
I'm feeling better about the split now. :)

So very sorry to learn of this Nick....here's hoping you'll find strength to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start out anew.
We have many trials and challenges to overcome in our lives. Some believe everything happens for a reason ... resolve to stay positive and keep busy.
Follow the suggestion made by Jack ..... nothing ventured nothing gained Nick.

stevie c
20th February 2014, 19:16
Hi nick so sorry for your break but life goes on & it's good you are not feeling sorry for yourself onwards & upwards as they say im sure that you will be dating again very soon

Arthur Little
20th February 2014, 20:21
Nick ... as you'll recall, I was the first member to become privy to your sad news. Alas, after much thought I realised ... :anerikke: ... there was little anyone could've said that would "cushion the blow"!

But, I want to say thanks for confiding in me, and also express my feelings of relief that you're moving on with your life.

Good for you! :xxgrinning--00xx3: You already know, that "Onwards & Upwards" is your best way forward, Nick! :wink:

RickyR
21st February 2014, 06:45
Sorry to hear about this awful news. I do hope that you manage to take the plunge and head across to the Philippines, I think you will have a much better chance of meeting your soul mate that way! :-)

Nick30
21st February 2014, 17:14
Thanks so much everyone especially to Arthur and Terpe who are so very helpful and been great helps. I'm much better now and me and my ex Urs are still best friends but I feel much ready to move on :)

Nick30
21st February 2014, 17:27
As what Ricky said, I remember when I was in the Philippines back in November 2012 with my mahal I did have a few looks from the girls with a smile and they always call you sir. I remember I was called handsome by one of the young girls in the souvenir store in Alaminos.
Maybe you could hit the jackpot by meeting your mahal easily out there because Asian fancy any man they see.

Dedworth
21st February 2014, 17:45
Up & at 'em mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

HACHE
21st February 2014, 17:47
Hope you're feeling better now Nick.
Everyone will tel you it takes time and you know that deep down, although I know its hard to believe at the time.
And also, everyone suffers heartache and many relationships don't last forever.
I'm also in terrible turmoil at the moment, but won't hijack this thread, maybe you'll read my thread should I decide to start one to share my eperience. Bit different to yours, but very stressfull..

Arthur Little
21st February 2014, 17:52
As what Ricky said, I remember when I was in the Philippines back in November 2012 with my mahal I did have a few looks from the girls with a smile and they always call you sir.

Yes ... :iagree:, with you one hundred percent, Nick; I also found the young ladies in the Philippines to be friendly, polite and respectful. :smile:

They could teach their counterparts in the UK a thing or two about impeccably good manners! :wink:

grahamw48
21st February 2014, 18:04
Yes, but did they call you handsome Arthur ? :biggrin:

Nick30
21st February 2014, 18:27
lol.

Arthur Little
21st February 2014, 18:46
Yes, but did they call you handsome Arthur ? :biggrin:

Sadly, :nono-1-1: ... I cannot tell a lie :icon_rolleyes: ... they couldn't ... could they? :bigcry:

grahamw48
21st February 2014, 20:14
My girlfriend says I'm handsum...so it MUST be true. :biggrin:

gWaPito
21st February 2014, 20:26
Nick.. Is it not possible for you to come over for 3 weeks or so and meet someone in person??

Beats those dating sites by a mile and gets you out of the British weather to boot!!

Just a suggestion.
Hi Nick :Hellooo:

Sorry to read of your break up. .it's a bummer to say the least :NoNo:

Although I agree you can't beat going out there and meeting them in the flesh. ...a word in your shell like, if you don't mind, just remember this, all that glitters isn't gold.

Imagine you're with Fred at one of the discos and you've had one or 2 sherberts over the top and you fall for the charms of a local nymph....fast forward a week or 2, you find out she needs an annulment. .got 4 kids in tow and the soul provider of the out of work family of 8...An even bigger bummer don't you think :Erm:

I know dating sites are not everybody's cup of tea but they do serve a purpose. ..They can clear up any of the potential stumbling blocks. ..as I mentioned above.

Even the guys on the sites go out there eventually. ..surely that's the purpose. .saves wasting valuable time being led down dead ends.

Just my opinion :xxgrinning--00xx3::heartshape1:

grahamw48
21st February 2014, 20:54
Totally agree Mark..but I thought Nick had already been out there...to the Phils. :Erm:

Nick30
21st February 2014, 21:07
Thanks for the info Mark. Yes I was out there in November 2012.

gWaPito
21st February 2014, 22:25
You're welcome Nick. I'm under the impression you were out there with your then lady.

I was just saying no harm in doing some leg work online. .making sure the next potential Ms Nick is at least kosher :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm actually practicing what I preach :biggrin:

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 00:54
Which is the best genuine website with the most genuine girls?

grahamw48
22nd February 2014, 01:18
Facebook ? :smile:

gWaPito
22nd February 2014, 01:29
Which is the best genuine website with the most genuine girls?

Knowing what I know now Nick. .I'd be inclined to get clued up first.

The subject is mentioned on here every now and then, although with a hint of humour.

Do a search. ..For example. ..pitfalls of Internet dating
You will find plenty of folks giving their peneth worth.
I'm usin the filipinocupid. Having many false dawns unfortunately. I haven't given up. Not yet anyway :biggrin:

rani
22nd February 2014, 03:44
Any hint of your "ideal girl"? Maybe, some of the members here can introduce you to their friends or relatives. Also, it would be nice to know something about you.

Nothing to lose :smile:

RickyR
22nd February 2014, 07:15
I would actually disagree with gwapito (no offence, this is just a personal opinion).

But at your age if you go out there and meet a few members from the forum and their families, there will for some be some wives a mothers who will insist on introducing you to a niece, friend, cousin etc and you will meet some genuine people. Also, I find Filipina very approachable. Out at a mall it seems acceptable to approach a group of girls and say hi, etc.

I think I should start a dating agency because so many of my wife's friends and extended family ask me if I can introduce them to a 'nice romantic' Brit.

HACHE
22nd February 2014, 08:32
I had dates from both, from the internet, and also from being introduced to some single fiipinas, by filipina friends I had known for years.

Although I would point out, the platonic friend I have had for many years, who introduced me to other filipinas (some as date, others as good friends) I did in fact meet from a dating site. I met her after chatting online for some time, although neither of us felt chemistry for anything romantic wise, we remained friends and as mentioned from there I met more filipinas.

So, if you did go down the internet route, if a date doesn't seem like a potential partner, no reason why you can't remain in contact (if you still get on okay) and you never know you could expand your social circle that way....

jake
22nd February 2014, 08:34
I agree with what Fred and Ricky have said about getting yourself over to the Philippines and meeting some genuine ladies and their families.

In my opinion, you still can't beat spending time in person to really know if a relationship is going to be long term. Physical chemistry is very important, as you need to know each other's temperament, attitude, smell etc. The little things can make a relationship last a long time.

Do you have any long term financial commitments? If not why not save a few bob and spend some time here. You may not meet the love of your life but at least you will see and experience new things that you cannot do in the UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

HACHE
22nd February 2014, 08:47
Assuming you're UK based, then it would be a better idea to meet Filipinas who have moved here.

They would be acclimatised to life here for a start. Logistically you'd be able to see more of them, in person.

Afterall, there are many filipinas here in this country :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd February 2014, 09:08
Cheers fred :)

Follow Freds advice Nick, a new adventure in life for you, you never know you just might meet the right one for you and Bohol is a wonderful island! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 11:24
Dunno, folks ... :anerikke: ... I'd be more inclined to go along with Hache's suggestion; as he points out - and in my experience, too - there seems to be plenty of unattached Filipinas already settled here in the UK ... I notice a fair number practically everytime I'm down town, and Perth's a relatively small place. :wink:

gWaPito
22nd February 2014, 11:49
I would actually disagree with gwapito (no offence, this is just a personal opinion).

But at your age if you go out there and meet a few members from the forum and their families, there will for some be some wives a mothers who will insist on introducing you to a niece, friend, cousin etc and you will meet some genuine people. Also, I find Filipina very approachable. Out at a mall it seems acceptable to approach a group of girls and say hi, etc.

I think I should start a dating agency because so many of my wife's friends and extended family ask me if I can introduce them to a 'nice romantic' Brit.

If the women involved are known quantities then that is different altogether. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: No offence taken Ricky :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You start the agency, I'll join it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You say 'at your age' Does that mean he can take more risk?...more risk at losing everything. It's big business to a few out there. Some making a career out of it. You can spot them a mile off on fcupid...I call them butterflies, drifting from one to the next. You gotta have your wits about you, I can tell ya :cwm25:

gWaPito
22nd February 2014, 11:52
Dunno, folks ... :anerikke: ... I'd be more inclined to go along with Hache's suggestion; as he points out - and in my experience, too - there seems to be plenty of unattached Filipinas already settled here in the UK ... I notice a fair number practically everytime I'm down town, and Perth's a relatively small place. :wink:

Why's that, I wonder :cwm25:

You see some in that situation on the British dating sites...They are lookin for guys their own age...Strange that :cwm25:

There's a widowed Thai lady wd an 8yo daughter...she's my mate's wife's cousin. His wife has been trying to set me up wd her. She says her cousin said 'He's too old'

The widow is 47.....her dead husband was 74. I'm 'too old' for her at 53 :cwm25:

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 12:13
What's it like on filipinocupid mate?

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 12:19
Thanks for everyones advice on here. I may follow Hache's advice. Where's the best place here in the UK? I could save some cash and head out to the Phils too.

I think Ricky should start a dating agency as it would be a good idea in my opinion :D

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 12:29
Why's that I wonder :cwm25:

You see some in that situation on the British dating sites...They are lookin for guys their own age...Strange that :cwm25:

Suppose it could simply be because they're settled here ... in a good, well-paid job that provides sufficient financial security to enable them to be fully self~supporting - which, in turn, offers greater freedom of choice on the dating scene - thereby allowing them to have the "pick of the bunch". :biggrin:

If you look at it that way ^... :anerikke: ... it's not so strange, really! :NoNo:

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 12:34
I think you're much right there Arthur. Maybe someone on this forum could introduce me to any Filipina settled here it would be good :)
Glory to God and praying for a good miracle there :)

grahamw48
22nd February 2014, 12:41
Suppose it could simply be because they're settled here ... in a good, well-paid job that provides sufficient financial security to enable them to be fully self~supporting ... which, in turn, offers greater freedom of choice on the dating scene - thereby allowing them to have the "pick of the bunch". :biggrin:

I'm sure that's the situation Arthur.

'Buyer's market'. :smile:

raynaputi
22nd February 2014, 12:52
Sorry about what happened Nick. But there are plenty of fish in the sea. You just need to wait for that moment when you actually catch the right one. Do not rush. Time will come when you least expect it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 13:04
Thanks raynputi :)

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 13:19
There's a widowed Thai lady wd an 8yo daughter...she's my mate's wife's cousin. His wife has been trying to set me up wd her. She says her cousin said 'He's too old'

The widow is 47.....her dead husband was 74.

:olddude: ... maybe she'd "had her fill" of old age "creeping upon" her :do_it: in the middle of the night!

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 13:36
. I'm 'too old' for her at 53 :cwm25:

:laughitupsmilie: ...NONSENSE! :poke: ... show her your ... :Erm: ... avatar!

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 13:47
Do not rush. Time will come when you least expect it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

........................................... :yeahthat:'s what my mum used to tell me after I was widowed ... and it DID!

Alas ... not before I'd learnt the hard way - from a series of unsuitable "casual liaisons" - and had had a few narrow escapes. :doh

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 13:49
What were your narrow escapes Arthur?

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 14:13
........................................... :yeahthat:'s what my *mum used to tell me after I was widowed ... and it DID!

:bigcry: ... how I wish *she'd lived long enough to've met Myrna!

gWaPito
22nd February 2014, 14:14
:laughitupsmilie: ...NONSENSE! :poke: ... show her your ... :Erm: ... avatar!

This is what Struan's wife said. ..she said she's a stupid woman to right me off on purely my age alone. ..especially when she's not even seen a picture of me. Never mind, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The husband who died was apparently a bad man...he used to knock her around that was before the cancer took a hold. ..she stayed wd him regardless. .when he died, his daughters from his first marriage forced their stepmother and half sister from their dad's house so it could be sold. ...They were left homeless. ..in the end they got council housing. ...she works as a care worker. ..The girls didn't speak for years because she wouldn't leave him. Both live in South Wales

grahamw48
22nd February 2014, 14:17
:olddude: ... maybe she'd had her fill" of old age "creeping upon" her :do_it: in the middle of the night!
:yikes: :laugher:

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 14:33
What were your narrow escapes Arthur?

How long is a piece of string, Nick? Reckon I could "write a book" on my escapades as a 'singleton' :icon_rolleyes: ... so watch this space and I'll hopefully get around to sharing a brief synopsis of the MAIN "highlights" once I've had a :tea_cup5:, okay?

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 14:41
Ok Arthur mate :)

les_taxi
22nd February 2014, 15:57
I'm on Cherry Blossoms, with 420 emails and 758 smiles to attend to - it's finding the time :icon_lol:

grahamw48
22nd February 2014, 16:13
Finding the time to change that Brad Pitt profile pic ? :biggrin:

Nick30
22nd February 2014, 18:10
How do you find Cherry Blossoms and Filipinocupid? What's the difference of those sites?

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 18:14
I'm on Cherry Blossoms, with 420 emails and 758 smiles to attend to - it's finding the time :icon_lol:

:grosyeux: ... Eh? 'Cherry Blossom' :cwm24: to "boot"!

:biggrin: ... "polishing up" on the old dating skills, are we, Les?

les_taxi
22nd February 2014, 18:17
Cherry Blossoms is huge - just make sure to put in your profile polite wording ref asking for money!

gWaPito
22nd February 2014, 18:34

I won't mention my responses on fc..
I'm not a trumpet blower :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

You gotta be in it to win it Les..
Nothing ventured nothing gained :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
22nd February 2014, 18:35
:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: gwaps

gWaPito
22nd February 2014, 18:44
Cherry Blossoms is huge-just make sure to put in your profile polite wording ref asking for money!

I did that Les. ..along with no crazies, cam girls , cam grannies ( ive suffered a few of those, they do it for free...oddly enough :cwm25:).... plus all the other oddballs you can think of. .I still got washed out wd them.

In the end I too all that off. ..They will try their luck whatever.

I've got me a nice little profile now. All nice and pleasant. ..just like me :biggrin:

Arthur Little
22nd February 2014, 19:06
:grosyeux: ... Eh? 'Cherry Blossom' :cwm24: to "boot"!

:biggrin: ... "polishing up" on the old dating skills, are we, Les?

:bigcry: ... nobody's :icon_lol: at my 'little' :joke:!

grahamw48
22nd February 2014, 22:22
I took a shine to it Arthur ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
26th February 2014, 02:51
How long is a piece of string, Nick? Reckon I could "write a book" on my escapades as a 'singleton' :icon_rolleyes: ... so watch this space and I'll hopefully get around to sharing a brief synopsis of the MAIN "highlights" once I've had a :tea_cup5:, okay?

Ok Arthur mate :)

Alas, Nick I got "waylaid* by other matters. But, more importantly ... perhaps you'd like to take a peek at a thread: "This lovely young lady" - raised by one of our new members, 'Harry T' - in which he mentions his girlfriend's cousin who's currently on the lookout for a
nice young bloke (and I immediately thought of yourself). There's a Facebook link provided if you're interested. :smile:

How about "giving it a twirl" ... :anerikke: ... you never know your luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
26th February 2014, 10:20
Thanks Arthur.

I will check it out later :)