PDA

View Full Version : My wife is now settling in

songz777
16th February 2014, 17:09
Hi guys.

Well my wife has now been here for 11 days. She is settling in nicely. Adjusting to the colder and wetter weather. We have been clothes shopping and food shopping and to various places. Done the McDonald time out as well :) We have been for some nice walks around Dartmoor but easy ones and she has seen a full flavour of my village.

Family all love her and have donated nice clothes and given money gifts too, so she feels very at home here. She talks to her Ma on skype and both sides adjusting to being apart from each other.

Its nice to wake up next to my wife and come home to her.

We have registared her with NHS health Ctr and the dentist. My next task is to ring about getting her NI number and interview.

Then start to get joint account and paper work for the future FLR.

Many thanks for all your help.

John & Angeline

joebloggs
16th February 2014, 18:02
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great news and good luck for the future

Terpe
16th February 2014, 18:13
Well done John & Angeline :Jump:

Good to hear the updates from you and glad all is well

mickcant
16th February 2014, 18:51
Have a good future together :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick. :smile:

sars_notd_virus
16th February 2014, 19:00
Woow indeed a good news ...best of luck for the future!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
16th February 2014, 19:49
Great news john best wishes for the future together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
16th February 2014, 20:40
It's a lovely feeling, isn't it...finding the one you love next to you, safely here...and forever.

Enjoy....and all the best to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
16th February 2014, 21:22
So happy for you both John, enjoy life together! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
16th February 2014, 22:28
So glad she's settling in John, it's a massive transition for her.

Just be there for her as she will get moments of missing her family, but as I have learnt from my wife that filipinas are very resiliant and can adjust accordingly.

She has her skype etc so thats a good thing, also if she finds things to do in her spare time to eliviate boredom like hobbies even finding a job that will help also.

Just make sure that she has a trip back to the Phils now and again to see her family.

Everything will fall into place, my wife has been here 14 months and is finally fully settled.

Just be a good husband and she will surprise you how quickly she will adjust.

Good luck to you both - Mark & Jamie...x :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jack1969_uk
18th February 2014, 10:31
Best wishes John and Angeline - hope all goes nice and smoothly for you both. Have a wonderful happy marriage and life together

Rosie1958
20th February 2014, 00:30
Pleased to hear that everything is going well for you both, John! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bod
23rd February 2014, 21:28
Thats great to hear! Reminds me of when my wife came over 21 years ago, I wish we had the info that is available now, we had so much "wrong" info given about getting her here it was unbelievable! The other big thing is the communications now, back then it was letters and BT charging £1.87 per minute!

Arthur Little
23rd February 2014, 23:17
The other big thing is the communications now, back then it was letters and BT charging £1.87 per minute!

:iagree: ... modern communication methods have made things so much easier - as well as faster - where LDRs are concerned, Andrew.

Thankfully, too, BT no longer has the monopoly it once had.

And, of course, we now have 'Skype' at our "fingertips", so to speak. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd February 2014, 23:26
In some ways I think it was better.

It made you get off your Rs and go out there, instead of fannying around on a computer, leading people on for a year or two.

Visa costs were a lot lower too, and time taken to get ILR much shorter.

Arthur Little
23rd February 2014, 23:27
Pleased to hear that everything is going well for you both, John! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Jump: ... likewise, from me.

Michael Parnham
24th February 2014, 13:49
Thats great to hear! Reminds me of when my wife came over 21 years ago, I wish we had the info that is available now, we had so much "wrong" info given about getting her here it was unbelievable! The other big thing is the communications now, back then it was letters and BT charging £1.87 per minute!

I remember those days! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
24th February 2014, 13:51

It made you get off your Rs and go out there, instead of fannying around on a computer, leading people on for a year or two.

Visa costs were a lot lower too, and time taken to get ILR much shorter.

Much much easier Graham! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th February 2014, 14:24
The world is such a small place now.

Almost no hiding place :biggrin:

Although I do know of a place right off the edge of the world :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Shhh!

Arthur Little
24th February 2014, 17:03

At one time, Graham ... :anerikke: ... I'd have agreed. :wink:

Modern technology was something I used to do my best to steer clear of at all costs. Never had to contend with it (thank God!) throughout much of my working life - in spite of administration being my livelihood for more than 31/2 decades as a "penpusher" :biggrin: - though, I knew full well that, sooner or later, it'd be "on the cards" for record keepers like myself ... hence one of several reasons for my opting for early retiral.

bod
24th February 2014, 20:02
We have a Vonage box out in the Philippines, which means we can phone any UK landine for free (well, apart from the £6 a month for the box); also means when we phone from here it's free as we are with talk talk, so they think its a UK call!

It's a lot different to sending C60 cassettes with voice recordings to the kids grandparents! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th February 2014, 00:55
We have a Vonage box out in the Philippines, which means we can phone any UK landine for free (well, apart from the £6 a month for the box); also means when we phone from here it's free as we are with talk talk, so they think its a UK call!

:cwm25: ... that's odd, Bod ... we're also with 'TalkTalk', but we haven't
heard of anything like that! :NoNo:

bod
25th February 2014, 01:01
:cwm25: ... that's odd, Bod ... we're also with 'TalkTalk', but we haven't heard of anything like that! :NoNo:

You can choose your number and std code with vonage, we have the same std code as our local one, when i phone the UK from the Philippines it comes up as a UK number complete with std code. Talk Talk just think its a call to the UK and as all their calls are free to landlines it dosn't cost us anything, i have the box in the Philippines restricted to UK numbers so no one out there can phone anywhere else and run up a bill!

songz777
25th February 2014, 19:21
Hi my friends.
Well its hard to believe still that when I come home from work there is my dear wife to meet me and kiss me goodbye in the morning.
When I think of the mountain of documents we had to do, well how did we manage! Yet with your help & Gods to we are now with each other.

My wife has very blessedly settled into the family and loved by them all. She is being taught by my mum the home cooking and she is doing very well, I think I will put on weight!

We have a Philippino dish each week and some rice. Funny how I have become so domesticated so easily :) Shopping for food and cloths; well I actually enjoy it! We work together as a team doing DIY or whatever.

For you guys just starting out, take your time, study and ask questions. Do everything according to the book and at last you will arrive at the place you want to be. There will tears and trials but it will be worth it.

I admire the Philppina attitude always busy and hard working. My own mum says she is the daughter she never had.

I am very blest and glad to be part of this forum.
Hoping I can encourage others to keep at their dreams and be some help.

John & Angeline

stevie c
25th February 2014, 19:46
Nice words john :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th February 2014, 22:04
So happy for you both ......... we're all very lucky when we find someone so special