PDA

View Full Version : domestic....

Moy
14th February 2014, 14:04
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/global-filipino/02/14/14/pinay-leads-effort-protect-domestic-workers-uk

Terpe
14th February 2014, 14:16
Good for her. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The April 2012 changes to the visa put Domestic Workers in an extremely vulnerable position to exploitation.
Being totally tied to your employer like that often leads to expoitation and abuse.
Another form of slavery.

Not saying all employers are like that....just that it makes it much easier for those who are of that mindset.

Dedworth
14th February 2014, 14:19
She's got some guts :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
14th February 2014, 14:21
Good for her. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The April 2012 changes to the visa put Domestic Workers in an extremely vulnerable position to exploitation.
Being totally tied to your employer like that often leads to expoitation and abuse.
Another form of slavery.

Not saying all employers are like that....just that it makes it much easier for those who are of that mindset.

:wink:..i know how it feel...not much i could say but hopeful and that life would get better...really.. :cwm25: aside from weather i suppose :cwm24::cwm3::cwm3:

tiger31
14th February 2014, 15:54
I often wonder how many young Filipinas are stuck in jobs and are being abused in London with nobody to help them, or they are too scared to come forward, it must be a bit daunting in a big city like that if you don,t know anyone.

grahamw48
14th February 2014, 16:08
Where cheap labour is concerned, unfortunately the vested interests of the rich and powerful will always override those of the 'slaves'...as it is the employers who are running the country, wherever that may be.

That hasn't changed since William Wilberforce's day. :NoNo:

A very sad affair, in need of more attention from the 'Human Rights' brigade, rather than spending their time protecting terrorists and those guilty of genocide.

gWaPito
14th February 2014, 22:44
You got me all excited Moy. ..I thought you were havin' one

Arthur Little
15th February 2014, 02:25
You got me all excited Moy. .. I thought you were havin' one

:cwm24: ... so did I!

............................................................ :omg:!

Moy
15th February 2014, 21:51
You got me all excited Moy. ..I thought you were havin' one

:icon_lol::Erm:

Moy
15th February 2014, 21:52
:cwm24: ... so did I!

............................................................ :omg:!

:yikes::icon_lol: