PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa with sponsor.

captaincay
11th February 2014, 21:09
Hello Everyone as you know I just got my visit for marriage visa.
We are planning to go to France and maybe Italy, so my question is will I apply for Schengen Visa here or in UK after Marriage?

If I apply here, I'm not so sure about the requirements like..
1. The proof of sufficient funds and employment, is it ok to submit my fiancé's documents as he is my sponsor but he's not from any Schengen Country.
2. We haven't book any Airline ticket, Hotel bookings and tours, should we do it now before applying?
3. Will I need another sponsorship letter from him that he will support me during our holidays?

Please help me, so we can proceed to our plan. thanks :smile:

marksroomspain
11th February 2014, 22:49
If your planning to go to europe after you're married then process is simple and straight forward.

As the spouse of a UK/European citizen a Schengen Visa is granted without any problem as long as your husband travels with you.

The visa is issued free of charge and without the need for providing proof of funds, airline ticket, hotel bookings etc...

Please note, this advice is only if you are married at the time of application and making the application from the UK.

Good Luck...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th February 2014, 23:37
Hello Everyone as you know I just got my visit for marriage visa.
We are planning to go to France and maybe Italy, so my question is will I apply for Schengen Visa here or in UK after Marriage?

If I apply here, I'm not so sure about the requirements like..
1. The proof of sufficient funds and employment, is it ok to submit my fiancé's documents as he is my sponsor but he's not from any Schengen Country.
2. We haven't book any Airline ticket, Hotel bookings and tours, should we do it now before applying?
3. Will I need another sponsorship letter from him that he will support me during our holidays?

Please help me, so we can proceed to our plan. thanks :smile:

Sadly you cannot apply for a Schengen Visa whilst you are in UK whether married or not.
To be able to do that you'd need to have leave to stay on your visa greater than 6 months and your Marriage Visa is only for maximum 6 month.

You need to apply for Schengen Visa from your home country.

waynedaisy
21st April 2014, 13:57
Sadly you cannot apply for a Schengen Visa whilst you are in UK whether married or not.
To be able to do that you'd need to have leave to stay on your visa greater than 6 months and your Marriage Visa is only for maximum 6 month.

Wrong information!!! If in the UK head to the French embassy and apply there for Schengen visa as spouse of eEU citizen simple to do and is free, applly short stay 90 days no longer!! And all you need is your passport copy of your spouses, wedding certificate plus standard EU Schengen zone visaform filled in

Terpe
21st April 2014, 14:43

Wrong information!!! If in the UK head to the French embassy and apply there for Schengen visa as spouse of eEU citizen simple to do and is free, applly short stay 90 days no longer!! And all you need is your passport copy of your spouses, wedding certificate plus standard EU Schengen zone visaform filled in

No waynedaisy....you have the wrong information. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
21st April 2014, 17:40
Wayne ... :please: be aware that, in order to be eligible to apply for a Schengen Visa within the UK, the foreign (married) partners of British nationals MUST:

either hold a Spousal Visa entitling them to reside here for up to 27 months (5 years with effect from July 9, 2012) or have been granted Permanent Residence (ILR). :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
21st April 2014, 18:08
Ten Most Common Reasons For Failed Schengen Visa Applications

UK VISA / RESIDENCE PERMIT VALIDITY
- Where less than 3 months validity remaining on return from proposed trip
- Where UK visa/residence permit duration issued is not more than six months
- Where UK visa/permit endorsement is on an Immigration Status Document (paper sheet)
- Where UK visa is a visitor visa ( eg. C-Visit )

http://www.france.embassy-application.info/french-visa-application-requirements_embassy-tls-application-appointment-tourist-business-visaform-schengen/