PDA

View Full Version : The Weather

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

KeithD
14th June 2015, 22:08
I had about 15 mins in the hot sun today :Rasp:, the rest of the day was cloudy. :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
15th June 2015, 06:33
Ended up having some rain yesterday afternoon, the garden loved it of course. Good start today, not a cloud in the sky but plenty of vapour trails, forecast for today locally plenty of sunshine with some cloud temperature rising to 18%, I'm happy with that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd June 2015, 06:04
After very welcome rain overnight, the sun is breaking through and it feels nice and warm, hopefully should be a nice day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
22nd June 2015, 08:17
Every day is nice if you wake up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd June 2015, 11:06
Every day is nice if you wake up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's true, but nice weather makes each day better! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd June 2015, 11:13
That's true, but nice weather makes each day better! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm: ... nice weather, :cwm24: ... what's that when it's at home?

Michael Parnham
28th June 2015, 18:32
Very nice day today, a little too hot for my liking but won't complain, I think the rest of the week is going to be very similar :sunshine::sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
29th June 2015, 09:39
Heatwave coming up . 30+ !

Good practice for living in the Phils. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
29th June 2015, 19:08
Heatwave coming up . 30+ !

Good practice for living in the Phils. :xxgrinning--00xx3:They say Wednesday will be the hottest ever day recorded at Wimbledon. Around 36 degrees which incidentally was the same temperature for Manila's hottest day of the year last Saturday.

Arthur Little
29th June 2015, 20:02
They say Wednesday will be the hottest ever day recorded at Wimbledon. Around 36 degrees which incidentally was the same temperature for Manila's hottest day of the year last Saturday.

:Bugger: Wimbledon! 'Ten(n)is' as much as they need there ... where the "atmosphere" is already hot enough. :wink:

Michael Parnham
30th June 2015, 19:53
Certainly hot today, can Forum members really live in a climate that never really varies from this temperature? Imagine, no more frost, cold rain and cold winds no more snow no more Springtime no more Autumn, no more clean fresh air. Philippines great for holidays but living there is only for those who are cut out to go without lots of beautiful things that Britain can offer, just my opinion but would love to hear some varying comments! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th June 2015, 20:04
Certainly hot today, can Forum members really live in a climate that never really varies from this temperature? Imagine, no more frost, cold rain and cold winds no more snow no more Springtime no more Autumn, no more clean fresh air. Philippines great for holidays but living there is only for those who are cut out to go without lots of beautiful things that Britain can offer, just my opinion but would love to hear some varying comments! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree:, Michael. Family ties - and me being a diabetic - apart, :icon_rolleyes: ... I simply couldn't "hack" the constant humidity associated with living in either a tropical or sub-tropical environment. :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
30th June 2015, 20:12
I like hot weather so long as I'm not doing anything too strenuous.

Ako Si Jamie
30th June 2015, 20:25
Certainly hot today, can Forum members really live in a climate that never really varies from this temperature? Just take a trip to either Baguio or Tagaytay. I've seen people wearing coats in Tagaytay.

grahamw48
30th June 2015, 20:37

My longest continuous stretch was 3 years. Walang probleme, but I do tend to lose weight. Never use aircon , but fans, of course. No point in trying to pretend that as a Northern European I'm able to put up with what a Filipino can in their home country. So, important to pace yourself. :smile:

stevewool
30th June 2015, 20:54
I cant wait to give it a go. Like anything in life, its down to yourself to live the way you want to. If its too hot - find shade, too cold - put a coat on. Lots of good fresh air in the hills Michael.

Britain is certainly a beautiful place in all seasons but its the place the people and how you are treated that is the biggest problem with England at this moment. Maybe its just me thinking this

grahamw48
30th June 2015, 22:26
I agree.

My nude sunbathing didn't go down at all well this afty.

Miserable buggers ! :action-smiley-081:

Michael Parnham
1st July 2015, 06:45
I cant wait to give it a go. Like anything in life, its down to yourself to live the way you want to. If its too hot - find shade, too cold - put a coat on. Lots of good fresh air in the hills Michael.

Britain is certainly a beautiful place in all seasons but its the place the people and how you are treated that is the biggest problem with England at this moment. Maybe its just me thinking this

I'm the same as Graham Steve, never used aircon because of the dangers that lie within, but having said that I found at night there was no way to get cool apart from using a fan but all that does is circulate warm air, and when l was with my ex her family live near Davin a four kilometre journey up the mountain, no different at all apart from the beauty of the sound of local wildlife and a sky full of stars (really fantastic) some things in the Philippines I love but I personally found the climate unbearable and that's why I said some people are cut out to live in that climate but not me! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st July 2015, 10:21
To be honest, it's getting even hotter there now Michael. Global warming ! :thumbsdown:

Michael Parnham
1st July 2015, 12:18
To be honest, it's getting even hotter there now Michael. Global warming ! :thumbsdown:

UK climate suits me Graham 17degrees is spot on and if Isis become a big problem my plan would be to move to Iceland, it's too cold for Isis!: xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
1st July 2015, 13:20

It was 36 degrees in our place yesterday and 12 degrees a few months ago. So, were I live we do have varying temperatures. From January to May, we tend to have very little rain and waking up to a nice day of sunshine sure beats a cold, damp, dark morning in my opinion.
Not sure how you come to the conclusion there is no clean, fresh air in the Philippines. Plenty of it where we live :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
1st July 2015, 13:23
UK climate suits me Graham 17degrees is spot on and if Isis become a big problem my plan would be to move to Iceland, it's too cold for Isis!: xxgrinning--00xx3:

If only things were that simple Michael :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
1st July 2015, 19:07
They said on the news it was 46 degrees at Heathrow today. :omg:

A bit cooler here at 34.

les_taxi
1st July 2015, 19:11
Twas 36 c Jamie

Ako Si Jamie
1st July 2015, 20:22
Twas 36 c Jamie

Could have been my hearing I suppose. Windows down and a diesel engine doing 80mph doesn't help.

fred
1st July 2015, 21:33
Imagine, no more frost, cold rain and cold winds

No thanks!!

grahamw48
1st July 2015, 23:21
36.7 at Heathrow today....98F.

Hottest July day ever in UK. :smile:

fred
2nd July 2015, 02:42
Bloody hell!! Perhaps there will be snow over here next year!

Terpe
2nd July 2015, 09:03
Not sure how you come to the conclusion there is no clean, fresh air in the Philippines. Plenty of it where we live :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm with Jake on this.
Yes of course Philippines is hot and humid. That's the way it is in these locations on our planet.
Here in Davao city the months of April and May can be very hot, but there are always certain areas that offer cool, clean fresh air.

We spent quite a lot of time in higher elevations of Compostela Valley and the differences are remarkable.

A few days ago we spent time around the area of Eden Nature Park just outside Davao City.
We even looked at buying some land at Eden Ridge.
At 3000 ft above sea level the climate is very cool with clean fresh air and the views are beautiful.

Even living in Marikina City, Manila, it's so easy to find cooler climes within easy reach.

Even apart from climate conditions, living here in the Philippines is not for everyone.
If the culture gets to you then you can be sure the weather will only exacerbate things.

I'm still creating my own world my way, but I'm able to manage the major differences in culture and climate without any major issues.

I'm happy, relaxed and slimmer :wink:

grahamw48
2nd July 2015, 09:14
It's good to hear how you're enjoying life there Peter.

Keep the reports coming. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd July 2015, 09:28
It's good to hear how you're enjoying life there Peter.

Keep the reports coming. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Been travelling around again Graham. No internet so not been able to post.
Had so many adventures and experiences.

Want to move around and do as much as I can while I can.

We've both found peace here

fred
2nd July 2015, 09:58
Been travelling around again Graham. No internet so not been able to post.
Had so many adventures and experiences.

Want to move around and do as much as I can while I can.

We've both found peace here

Very pleased for you Peter! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
2nd July 2015, 11:28
Nice to give updates now and again Peter and thank you, you're one of those cut out for high climate living and I'm so pleased you have found what you were looking for, all the best in your future years Peter just Enjoy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
3rd July 2015, 20:29
Been more comfortable today, hopefully tomorrow should be cooler because reports of rain on the way! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
4th July 2015, 07:21
Beautiful fresh morning, had lots and lots of rain most of the night and everything brightening up at the moment!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th July 2015, 08:25
Overcast with threatening dark clouds again today here in Davao City.
Humidity levels climbed again to 80%

Still predicting rainstorms for the next 2 weeks.
We had a beachparty planned for this weekend but have postponed it for a while.

grahamw48
4th July 2015, 11:31
I wish I could be track-side at sunny Silverstone for the F1 this weekend, but funds don't permit. :cwm3:

Michael Parnham
4th July 2015, 11:44
I wish I could be track-side at sunny Silverstone for the F1 this weekend, but funds don't permit. :cwm3:

Same here Graham, but it's so expensive:REGamblMoney01HL1::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
4th July 2015, 12:50
I'm nice and comfy in front of the telly now...watching qually....

Later I will be racing around Silverstone on my Xbox...pretending to be a top driver. :biggrin:

grahamw48
4th July 2015, 12:56
Here I am at a different track, but you'll get the idea. lol

(The graphics are incredibly realistic on the TV. Transferring to youtube unfortunately ruins them..and gives far too much brightness).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-avDElSSlLg

stevewool
4th July 2015, 16:28
Even living in Marikina City, Manila, it's so easy to find cooler climes within easy reach.

I'm happy, relaxed and slimmer :wink:

Thats the way to do it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th July 2015, 07:45
Beautiful morning once again, what a lovely summer:sunshine::sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
9th July 2015, 21:48
Two for the price of one!

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/westpac/storm/movies/MOV8-8.09W.GIF

Arthur Little
9th July 2015, 22:38
Beautiful morning once again, what a lovely summer:sunshine::sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alas :bigcry: ... Scotland's share of proper seasonal weather has scarcely begun yet! :NoNo:

Terpe
10th July 2015, 01:49
Cooler weather continuing here.
Always looks like a storm is brewing but the threats of the dark clouds often remain just that.

Great weather for longer bike rides.
Some of the mountain roads are very quiet apart from the roadside fruit and veg stands.
Bought a couple of big Marangs yesterday and scoffed one last night. My second favourite fruit after banana.

Michael Parnham
17th July 2015, 06:15
Was supposed to have had heavy rainfall during the night according to the weather forecast, hold on, it's suddenly become very overcast so it may still rain, c'mon rain garden is very thirsty :Erm:

Terpe
17th July 2015, 16:00
Having some nice blue skies and some bright warm sunny days just now.
August will see a return to the rainy season and cooler overcast weather and rainstorms so we enjoy our couple of weeks of great weather. Besides it's not too hot, just right. I can still enjoy my bike rides and roaming around.
One of these days I'll start my painting .......... Hopefully :wink:

Arthur Little
17th July 2015, 17:04
Was supposed to have had heavy rainfall during the night according to the weather forecast, hold on, it's suddenly become very overcast so it may still rain, c'mon rain garden is very thirsty :Erm:

Didn't check on the forecast here; I mean ... :anerikke: ... why bother?

All told, it's been a fairly dismal summer in Scotland. And, true to form, it was :raining: last night. Torrential rainfall ... so much so that - propelled by the fierce, gale force wind - it flattened Myrna's prized lupins! :cwm23:

Michael Parnham
17th July 2015, 18:19
Didn't check on the forecast here; I mean ... :anerikke: ... why bother?

All told, it's been a fairly dismal summer in Scotland. And, true to form, it was :raining: last night. Torrential rainfall ... so much so that - propelled by the fierce, gale force wind - it flattened Myrna's prized lupins! :cwm23:

Very surprised Arthur because the past two to three weeks have been glorious in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire. When I used to frequent Scotland during the 70's and early 80's the summers were lovely in your area Arthur, I used to unload canned goods At Cadbury Shhh you know who at Edinburgh then run up to Cadburys Montrose to collect barrels of rasberries and deliver to Cadbuys Histon Nr, Cambridge and I did many of these journeys over the years and the weather was fantastic on almost every trip! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th July 2015, 18:25
The weather is changing all over the world, those long barmy summer days that went from May to October now go from a weekend in march and another in may then one in December, and yes a few hours in June too, :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
2nd August 2015, 06:35
Wow, what a beautiful summer its turned out to be, another glorious morning this morning. I've been flooring our loft this week and it was sweltering:sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd August 2015, 08:03
Varying severity of thunderstorms every afternoon/evening.
Sometimes very very heavy tropical rainstorms and sometimes the most fantastic lightning shows

Unpredictable. Just like Bisaya ladies :biggrin:

stevewool
2nd August 2015, 09:30
Wow, what a beautiful summer its turned out to be

Have i missed something here, a few days here and there yes is grand , the great summers of the past have gone i think and how the weather around the globe is changing we will not see them back again

stevewool
2nd August 2015, 09:37
Varying severity of thunderstorms every afternoon/evening.
Sometimes very very heavy tropical rainstorms and sometimes the most fantastic lightning shows

We was having dinner on Alona beach one evening and over the sea on Siquijor island was the most amazing lightning show i have ever seen, flashes every few seconds AMAZING

Michael Parnham
6th August 2015, 11:20
Still very warm, could do with some rain really, not had any for quite a while now! :Erm:

Terpe
7th August 2015, 01:16
Here in Davao City the rainy season remains in full swing.
The days are much cooler and the rain is a daily feature.

Michael Parnham
7th August 2015, 07:18
Here in Davao City the rainy season remains in full swing.
The days are much cooler and the rain is a daily feature.

Send a little rain over here, we need it badly!

grahamw48
7th August 2015, 10:33
Send a little rain over here, we need it badly!

:reaction:

Arthur Little
7th August 2015, 12:25
Has to be said ... :anerikke: ... the BEST of this year's summer weather in Scotland's been over the past couple of days.

:yeahthat:'s probably 'cos the wind's dropped at lo~ng last!

Michael Parnham
7th August 2015, 12:27
:reaction:

Have you had some rain Graham?

Michael Parnham
7th August 2015, 12:30
Has to be said ... :anerikke: ... the BEST of this year's summer weather in Scotland's been over the past couple of days.

:yeahthat:'s probably 'cos the wind's dropped at lo~ng last!

Whatever the weather Arthur, Scotland is a beautiful place to be, you are so fortunate to live there! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th August 2015, 12:51
Whatever the weather Arthur, Scotland is a beautiful place to be, you are so fortunate to live there! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Indeed it IS - and I am - Michael ... :iagree:.

grahamw48
7th August 2015, 13:41
Have you had some rain Graham?

Only a little....but enough for me.

Right now the farmers want to harvest their cereals though. :smile:

Michael Parnham
15th August 2015, 07:27
What a beautiful sunny morning, luckily we had our first rain yesterday for a long time, now the garden looks happy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
23rd August 2015, 07:52
Nice sunny morning again, hope it doesn't become to hot:sunshine::sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd August 2015, 16:07
The past few days have been rain free and the annual Davao Kadayawan fiesta was perfect. Today was perhaps a bit too hot but what a great few days we've had.
Just fabulous :Jump:

Looks like the rainy season will return next week :icon_lol:

grahamw48
23rd August 2015, 21:42
Massive and prolonged thunderstorm yesterday evening.

That's going to make my grass grow ! :Brick:

Arthur Little
23rd August 2015, 23:13
That's going to make my grass grow ! :Brick:

:smile: Ah ... you've a lot on your mind at the mo, Graham. Remember ... "grass doesn't grow on a busy field!" :wink:

grahamw48
24th August 2015, 00:39
Ha...very good Arthur. :biggrin:

I just don't want it looking untidy while I'm away. :smile:

Michael Parnham
24th August 2015, 08:14
Been perfect for gardens this year.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th August 2015, 09:39
Been perfect for gardens this year.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've got a bumper crop of chillies on my bush.

SimonH
24th August 2015, 09:41

:yikes: Sounds painful :cwm25:

Terpe
24th August 2015, 09:51
:yikes: Sounds painful :cwm25:

I chose my words carefully to see who'd be the first victim :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
29th August 2015, 06:49
Seems the weather still very nice just becoming a little mixed recently (sun and odd shower) also still very warm!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th August 2015, 09:03
The whole weather is odd, never mind the showers :biggrin:

grahamw48
29th August 2015, 09:27
They were saying on the radio this morning that 2015 is going to be the hottest year on record, worldwide...by quite a margin. :smile:

stevewool
29th August 2015, 10:01
Full moon tonight, hope its clear , me and Ems are out into the countryside to get the best shoots, but if its overcast, a early night then instead

Michael Parnham
30th August 2015, 06:06
Beautiful fresh morning, forecast is a perfect day 19% max with a remote shower, what a lovely summer, autumn in three weeks I'm ready for it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th August 2015, 08:53
My friend (since we were teenagers) has been watching the forecast for the weekend, as he's coming to visit with me today in his lovely Alfa Romeo Spider convertible (like the one from 'The Graduate' film). He swapped his Jenson Interceptor for it. :smile:

Terpe
30th August 2015, 15:24
My friend (since we were teenagers) has been watching the forecast for the weekend, as he's coming to visit with me today in his lovely Alfa Romeo Spider convertible (like the one from 'The Graduate' film). He swapped his Jenson Interceptor for it. :smile:

I'm envious as all of my childhood friends are spread over the globe or no longer here.
Childhood friends are the most special. IMO

As far as the car goes Graham, the Interceptor was always number one for me and always will be.
Never been a big fan of Alfa's, but the Interceptor :hubbahubba:

fred
30th August 2015, 15:51

I just spent 1000 PHP on chillies from Chiliheads in Manila.. I say "Just".. I put them in beds over 20 days ago...Bloody things have not germinated yet.. Grrr.

stevewool
30th August 2015, 17:27
Full moon tonight, hope its clear , me and Ems are out into the countryside to get the best shoots, but if its overcast, a early night then instead

Well the cloud rolled in very quick but managed to get a few shoots, so here there are ,

grahamw48
30th August 2015, 17:44
Very impressive Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
30th August 2015, 17:56
Thanks Graham, like anything in life if you enjoy doing something , keep doing it

fred
31st August 2015, 03:04
Bloody hell Steve.. You are like...A Professional now!!
Might use that one in the middle as a screensaver.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
31st August 2015, 07:42
Fred , you are embarrassing me, Professional indeed,
Its like anything you enjoy doing , you do your best at it, plus its nice to show others too who take a interest , that always helps

stevewool
31st August 2015, 07:50
I am hoping to print large black and white pictures of the moon even go as large as A0 ,

Michael Parnham
31st August 2015, 07:58
Well the cloud rolled in very quick but managed to get a few shoots, so here there are ,

I like the moon partially hidden in the clouds, very nice photo Steve.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
31st August 2015, 08:41
If you use Photoshop you can make it cheese coloured :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
31st August 2015, 08:59
If you use Photoshop you can make it cheese coloured :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If someone gave me Photoshop i would be very happy,

grahamw48
31st August 2015, 09:38
Knew I should have cut my grass and hedge yesterday ! :Brick:

Happy bank holiday everybody. Peeing it down here ! :cwm3:

Terpe
31st August 2015, 09:57
It's a bit overcast today in Davao City and a lot cooler today than of late.
Might be quite a rainstorm later :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shame really in one way as I need a couple of nice sunny days to dry my latest batch of siling-labuyo :hubbahubba:

My bush is growing at a rate :wink:

KeithD
31st August 2015, 10:32
If someone gave me Photoshop i would be very happy,

Have you tried the free online Adobe version? http://www.onlinephotoshopfree.net/

stevewool
31st August 2015, 11:04
Thanks Keith :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
3rd September 2015, 08:24
Perfect morning this morning, fresh but still warm sun just breaking through, looks like a good day today, going to clean and polish the car now!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
4th September 2015, 09:05
Warm? :Erm: I've had to put the heating on. It is supposed to warm up again in a few days. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
4th September 2015, 09:10
yep, it's official.... Heating time again, if it was just me it wouldn't be going on for another couple of months at least! But with the baby I had to put it on for one hour this morning to take the chill off the place!

Michael Parnham
4th September 2015, 12:43
It's 17 degrees here today, forcast the odd shower tomorrow but Sunday onwards a little warmer and sunny!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th September 2015, 15:09
According to weather forecasters the cooler weather we'd been enjoying here in Davao City has now been bullied away by that El Niņo.

The big bully may stay around until after Christmas. :yikes:

KeithD
4th September 2015, 15:55
Cloudy all day here according to the BBC, yet it's sunny. I guess the new weather Shaman is not very good :wink:

Michael Parnham
5th September 2015, 03:15
According to weather forecasters the cooler weather we'd been enjoying here in Davao City has now been bullied away by that El Niņo.

The big bully may stay around until after Christmas. :yikes:

Oh dear:Erm:

Michael Parnham
5th September 2015, 03:18
I just spent 1000 PHP on chillies from Chiliheads in Manila.. I say "Just".. I put them in beds over 20 days ago...Bloody things have not germinated yet.. Grrr.

What do you think is the problem Fred?:Erm:

fred
5th September 2015, 04:12
What do you think is the problem Fred?:Erm:

Seems that the really hot varieties can take up to 2 months to pop..
Still nothing so far.
I planted some more in Coconut coir a few days ago.. See if that makes a difference.

stevewool
5th September 2015, 09:33
The weather here has changed over these last few days , there is a chill in the air and damp at night too, soon be winter :biggrin:

KeithD
5th September 2015, 09:38
.....and damp at night too

Have you tried these? :anerikke:

http://www.alldaypharmacy.co.uk/product_images/h/756/Tena_Incontinence_Pads_for_Men_Level_1_-_12_Pack__90682_zoom.PNG

stevewool
5th September 2015, 09:40
Have you tried these? :anerikke:

http://www.alldaypharmacy.co.uk/product_images/h/756/Tena_Incontinence_Pads_for_Men_Level_1_-_12_Pack__90682_zoom.PNG

:laugher::laugher::laugher:,

Michael Parnham
5th September 2015, 10:55
Seems that the really hot varieties can take up to 2 months to pop..
Still nothing so far.
I planted some more in Coconut coir a few days ago.. See if that makes a difference.

Hope you solve the problem, give a little more time and I'm sure you'll get there in the end!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th September 2015, 10:59
Oh Keith, you're such a comic sometimes:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
9th September 2015, 12:26
Turned out to be a very nice day today, not too warm but nice and bright:sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
9th September 2015, 14:39
Beautiful day today.
Went out on my bike for couple of hours. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2015, 06:20
Morning all, a little cloudy at the moment also quite mild and very calm, not sure what to expect today!:Erm:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2015, 07:57
Sun shining and the local forecast 20% today, hot hot hot:sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
10th September 2015, 08:06
someone had best tell the clouds to move out of the way, bcuz for 2 days now thats all we have seen here.:smile:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2015, 08:11
someone had best tell the clouds to move out of the way, bcuz for 2 days now thats all we have seen here.:smile:

Always thought it was sunny in your area!:Erm:

stevewool
10th September 2015, 08:13
Well here where i am it was 11 degrees when i took Ems to work, a little warmer now, but we will see,
Lat night we had a beautiful sunset, so i am taking the camera to work with me to try to catch tonights, you watch it will be raining later :NoNo:

KeithD
10th September 2015, 08:31
If you use Google Earth, and switch on the Webcam option, you can view all of the areas around you to see where the sun is. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
10th September 2015, 14:45
Another mixed day for us here in Davao City.
Just had a light sprinkle

Been a bit too humid for comfort today. Still managed an hour on my bike.
Seems I got a bit of a suntan the other day.
My wife doesn't like it if I get too brown.....
I do though, brings out the James Bond in me :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2015, 19:44
Well, I must say it's been a beautiful day today, perfect!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
10th September 2015, 20:12
Another mixed day for us here in Davao City.
Just had a light sprinkle

Been a bit too humid for comfort today. Still managed an hour on my bike.
Seems I got a bit of a suntan the other day.
My wife doesn't like it if I get too brown.....
I do though, brings out the James Bond in me :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VSTjo0i_EE

stevewool
10th September 2015, 20:13
Sorry Peter had to find that one Mr BOND:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
11th September 2015, 19:44
It's been a great day once again, I think a serious change this weekend onwards:Erm:

Arthur Little
11th September 2015, 20:30
It's been a great day once again, I think a serious change this weekend onwards :Erm:

Alas, you're right :bigcry: ... starting tomorrow!

KeithD
11th September 2015, 20:41
I've been waiting for rain, so I put some lawn feeder on the turf before, and now it's raining. Great timing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th September 2015, 04:57
How lucky I am to wake up almost every morning to the sound of songbirds, the sight of a clear blue sky and the warmth of the sun :Jump:

Michael Parnham
12th September 2015, 08:12
Steady rain at the moment, but quite mild not bad really.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
12th September 2015, 10:04
How lucky I am to wake up almost every morning to the sound of songbirds, the sight of a clear blue sky and the warmth of the sun :Jump:

I dream that, then i wake up to reality , work :NoNo:

KeithD
12th September 2015, 12:03
I dream that, then i wake up to reality , work :NoNo:

I remember work once.... '92 I think it was :biggrin: I don't class what I do these days as work, it is an enjoyable hobby.

stevewool
12th September 2015, 12:32
Well i am working at not having to work but until i dont have to work i shall work until then at working :yikes:

Terpe
12th September 2015, 14:38
I really enjoyed my work. I looked forward to every new day and every new experience. I also enjoyed the salary :wink:
Life was good.

Now I'm retired I enjoy my life, I look forward to every new day and every experience. I have enough income here to be very happy and contented.

Life is good

stevewool
12th September 2015, 15:14
You have found happiness again Peter, not many can say that

grahamw48
13th September 2015, 04:41
I hope my grass isn't growing back home !

Here, mostly sunny, with heavy afternoon or evening rain every couple of days. (I'm living 'native-style'. We have electric, but water is hand-pumped from the deep well. Very poor phone signal). I've come into town to use internet.

Terpe
13th September 2015, 11:27
You have found happiness again Peter, not many can say that

My happiness is very simple Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th September 2015, 13:31
I've been topless sunbathing today :biggrin:

stevewool
13th September 2015, 13:48
I've been topless sunbathing today :biggrin:

Dont believe you, pictures wanted , hang about dont bother i believe you :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
20th September 2015, 09:01
Well, we have had quite a number of days that have been really nice, don't know how much longer the weather will hold out but It's been nice to see cool misty mornings and sunny days, it seems as though the seasons have fallen into place at last!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2015, 10:38
Still great weather, misty this morning but nice warm sunshine now:sunshine:

Arthur Little
27th September 2015, 14:59
Still great weather, misty this morning but nice warm sunshine now:sunshine:

Yes, same here ... September has been our BEST month for :sunshine:.

Terpe
27th September 2015, 15:02
Well it's still rainy season and despite the horror warnings about El Niņo the weather is pretty much as expected for our neck of the woods

Overcast, cooler and occasional showers with the unpredictable very heavy and spectacular thunderstorm.

Had a great bike ride again this morning but despite no sunshine still managed to get a great tan around the outline of my tee-shirt and my sunglasses .
My face looks like a panda :yikes:

Didn't realise I'd been out for over 3 hours :icon_lol:
When I went out we had a power cut. When I returned it just came on again.
Daytime outages are easy, but those evening/night time ones are a pain :censored:

Michael Parnham
1st October 2015, 06:02
The good weather continues, forecast indicates more days of sunshine:sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
3rd October 2015, 08:54
Today and tomorrow are the last two days of our Indian Summer, big change in the weather Monday onwards!

grahamw48
3rd October 2015, 13:00
It's blinkin freeeezin !!! :freezin:

The views of the Peak District and Pennines, when descending along the flight path approaching Manchester Airport, were stunningly beautiful at 7am this morning though. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
3rd October 2015, 13:46
Very warm down here in the south.

Not looking forward to Monday if its going to get cold brrrr.

Terpe
4th October 2015, 13:22
The rainy season continues here.
We had a beautiful morning which was partially cloudy with hazy sunshine but still good for a bike ride.

This afternoon we had planned to go downtown but the skies blackened and the rains came.
Spits and spots at first then getting heavier over about 30 minutes. Still a downpour now and the thunder and lightning getting stronger.

Mr weather just wants us to know he's in charge during the rainy season, needless to say we didn't go downtown.

grahamw48
4th October 2015, 15:10
Some very heavy rain this past month in Pangasinan, but mainly evening/night time though.

We were in bed by 8pm most nights anyway...and up at 4 or 5am...us provincials. :biggrin:

stevewool
4th October 2015, 16:24
We were in bed by 8pm most nights anyway...and up at 4 or 5am...us provincials. :biggrin:

That what happens when there is a young one in the house, they just make you so tied :biggrin:

grahamw48
4th October 2015, 16:29
Also happens when there's sod all to do after 8pm...except :do_it:. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
5th October 2015, 11:08
Also happens when there's sod all to do after 8pm...except :do_it:. :biggrin:

Well, it can't be bad:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th October 2015, 11:09
Today's weather,:raining::raining::raining::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
6th October 2015, 06:52
Damp and dank this morning with a sky full of cloud, possibly more rain today:raining::Erm:

Michael Parnham
8th October 2015, 07:00
Warm sunny day today 19% according to local forecast, must admit sky lovely and clear at the moment, tomorrow morning forecast ground frost!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th October 2015, 08:52
Beautiful sunny morning here in God's country. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th October 2015, 14:00
Warm sunny day today 19% according to local forecast, must admit sky lovely and clear at the moment, tomorrow morning forecast ground frost!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hate to say it but it would be nice to experience a bit of that frost :smile:

Our rainy season will continue for a while.

I was on my way to our local convenience store and just 20 or so metres from a transformer that got struck by lightning this evening. What a bang and what a scare. :yikes:

The supermarket was blacked out and the doors stuck shut. Lots of faces at the windows and glass doors looking scared too, including the security guard.

I turned around quick and got my stuff at a sari-sari store.
Then on the way home the local INC church got hit just as I passed by. :yikes:

Unbelievable really. I went back to the sari-sari store for a couple of bottles of San Mig to celebrate my good fortune at still being here to tell the tale.

Michael Parnham
13th October 2015, 08:00
The recent big change in the weather has been the drop in temperature other than that been wonderful sunshine, not bad:36_1_26[1]::sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th October 2015, 09:08
Another beautiful cold sunny day, nice one:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
14th October 2015, 14:14
Another sultry stormy night with heavy downpours.
After a few sunny hours this morning down came the rain again.
Thankfully the rainclouds cleared and we took a short jeepney ride to one of our better (means cheaper) markets for fruits, vegetables and beautiful shimmering large shrimps.

Our fruit season is at peak levels with huge quantities of very very cheap but fresh fruits everywhere.
We really are very spoilt.

Michael Parnham
17th October 2015, 08:02
Still having nice dry and mostly bright days, sun shining this morning:sunshine:

Michael Parnham
23rd October 2015, 09:29
Can't believe that the weather is holding out so well, had rain during the night a few days ago but still bright dry days and it's almost November:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd October 2015, 14:53
Cooler recently here in Davao City
Still sporadic showers.

The current issue is the South East Asian Haze

Michael Parnham
25th October 2015, 07:37
Nice once again, a little cool, must admit wrapping up a little warmer now also used my woolly hat earlier for the first time since March:36_1_26[1]:

Michael Parnham
28th October 2015, 12:56
:raining::raining::raining: But quite mild:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
2nd November 2015, 09:36
What fog!!!

Yesterday is was clear blue skies all day, today I wake up to clear blue skies. :biggrin: One advantage of living 700ft up a Welsh mountain. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd November 2015, 14:16
Returned from my mountain trip to see the haze has gone :Jump:

Michael Parnham
3rd November 2015, 08:52
Our third day of fog, but we have had about four hours of sunshine each day also, no too bad really!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
3rd November 2015, 14:19
Still nice and clear.
Little bit cooler bit still hot.

Had a great day staring with a 2 hour cycle ride, a nice trip to the local G-Mall and an tour around the best fish market around.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that staying single in this place has just got to be nigh impossible.....

Despite cooling down we had no rain.
Looks like being a nice week :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
7th November 2015, 15:51
Heavy rain last night, but It's been very mild and sunny most of the day, just like a late Spring day:raining::sunshine::sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
9th November 2015, 09:29
Windy and rainy today, but quite warm!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
9th November 2015, 14:20
Windy and rainy today, but quite warm!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Here too :wink:

We walked home from the market in the midst of a very exciting lightening storm.
My wife wasn't happy though.
It's the fastest I've seen her scooting along for a long while. :icon_lol:

We made it home without too much rain, cooked some garlic shrimps and rice for dinner just in time before the heavens opened with torrents.

Michael Parnham
11th November 2015, 08:00
Nice morning at the moment, heavy rain forecast later. Dying to cut my lawns, just waiting for a dry windy spell!:anerikke:

Michael Parnham
16th November 2015, 12:24
What a beautiful day today, good opportunity to cut the lawns and tidy everything in the garden, won't cut Lavender back yet though as they are still in flower, a small number of tired Bees still about also Lilly leaves in Pond still nice and green so I'll leave them until a frost comes along before cutting any plants back in the Pond!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
16th November 2015, 13:15
What a beautiful day today, good opportunity to cut the lawns and tidy everything in the garden, won't cut Lavender back yet though as they are still in flower, a small number of tired Bees still about also Lilly leaves in Pond still nice and green so I'll leave them until a frost comes along before cutting any plants back in the Pond! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Curiously enough, Michael, Myrna has a cousin called Lily Pond ... which I've always thought rather amusing! :smile:

Terpe
16th November 2015, 13:24
... Lilly leaves in Pond still nice and green so I'll leave them until a frost comes along before cutting any plants back in the Pond!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oddly, I do miss a crisp morning frost under a clear blue sky :wink:

Michael Parnham
16th November 2015, 20:12
Curiously enough, Michael, Myrna has a cousin called Lily Pond ... which I've always thought rather amusing! :smile:

I find that rather sweet Arthur!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
17th November 2015, 02:10
Raining just about every day here now for about 2 hours followed by glorious sunshine...Garden is lovin it!

Michael Parnham
17th November 2015, 12:19
Been dull and very still all morning so far, could be calm before the storm just have to wait and see!:Erm:

grahamw48
17th November 2015, 12:41

Does she have a brother called James ? :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
17th November 2015, 12:52
Does she have a brother called James ? :biggrin:

Off subject, cute Avatar Graham!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
23rd November 2015, 13:46
-6% through the night, 5% at the moment :36_1_26[1]::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th November 2015, 13:16
Wow the weather is really hit & miss, beautiful blue sky and sunshine, a little cool though can't complain at all really!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th November 2015, 06:23
We also have a clear beautiful blue sky and sunshine.
Today is a bit too hot now. Yep, I'm complaining as it's too hot for cycling, walking or fishing.

Just waiting for my wife to suggest going to the shopping mall :Cuckoo:

Michael Parnham
26th November 2015, 09:37
We also have a clear beautiful blue sky and sunshine.
Today is a bit too hot now. Yep, I'm complaining as it's too hot for cycling, walking or fishing.

Just waiting for my wife to suggest going to the shopping mall :Cuckoo:
Your beginning to understand how wonderful our British weather really is, Brrrr beautiful cold sunny day today:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
27th November 2015, 00:50
Your beginning to understand how wonderful our British weather really is, Brrrr beautiful cold sunny day today:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wouldn't describe British Weather as wonderful. Ever. Whatever.

It's up there as one reason to escape IMO :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
27th November 2015, 08:30
Mixed day today according to local forecast, dry this morning rain in the afternoon maximum temperature 13%!

Michael Parnham
29th November 2015, 09:15
Very dull and still!

Arthur Little
29th November 2015, 10:05
Very dull and still!

............... :yeahthat: ... AND :raining: here too! :doh

Terpe
29th November 2015, 14:38
Cooled down again today :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Back on my bike this morning for a couple of hours. Very enjoyable,

Michael Parnham
29th November 2015, 17:37
Rainy and windy now:Erm:

grahamw48
29th November 2015, 18:07
Why is this in the living in the Philippines section ??? :biggrin:

Horrible here. Wet, blowing a gale and cold. :cwm3:

Terpe
30th November 2015, 05:43
Why is this in the living in the Philippines section ??? :biggrin:

Wrong question :icon_lol:

Should be why is UK Weather being posted here in living in the Philippines :Cuckoo:

Michael Parnham
4th December 2015, 09:29
Wrong question :icon_lol:

Should be why is UK Weather being posted here in living in the Philippines :Cuckoo:

Because the thread is titled 'The Weather' whoever started the thread should have posted it under a different heading. Beautiful morning nice and sunny, forecast is that the whole day is staying the same :sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th December 2015, 14:12
Because the thread is titled 'The Weather' whoever started the thread should have posted it under a different heading. Beautiful morning nice and sunny, forecast is that the whole day is staying the same :sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, but it's a thread topic called "The weather" in the "Living in the Philipinnes" sub-forum :Erm:

Michael Parnham
7th December 2015, 10:14
Dull, calm, very mild and no rain forecast today:Erm:

Terpe
7th December 2015, 14:56
The rainy season refuses to completely disappear. Both yesterday evening and this evening saw heavy downpours for a few hours each.

Hopefully it'll start to clear away so that Chistmastime will be dry:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
8th December 2015, 09:16
Bright and Sunny all day today 13%:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th December 2015, 15:01
Pleasantly warm with sunny spells today and almost no rain at all.
Best of all no 6pm brown-out :Jump:

Not sure about the temp, but around 25 Plus

My tan is pretty severe. My white bits also

fred
8th December 2015, 23:37
I hear we are in for a El Nino again next year.. Or was it an El Nina? Or both?

Michael Parnham
9th December 2015, 09:41
I hear we are in for a El Nino again next year.. Or was it an El Nina? Or both?

Hope it doesn't become too rough Fred!

fred
9th December 2015, 14:49
Hope it doesn't become too rough Fred!

http://b.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/inline-large/inline/2013/11/3021307-inline-fb-likebutton-printpackaging.jpg

Michael Parnham
12th December 2015, 07:13
Dry, cold, not exciting at all this morning!

Terpe
12th December 2015, 07:23
Looks like tropical storm Melor (Nona in Philippines) is picking up to pose a threat in the Philippines next week.

Could be bringing more floods and high winds to Luzon

Source (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/melor-to-threaten-philippines/54139705)

fred
12th December 2015, 10:02
Could do with some rain next week..Been very dry here for last couple of weeks..

SimonH
12th December 2015, 10:29
34 and sunny most of the day :smile:

Terpe
13th December 2015, 05:16
Looks like tropical storm Melor (Nona in Philippines) is picking up to pose a threat in the Philippines next week.

Could be bringing more floods and high winds to Luzon

Source (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/melor-to-threaten-philippines/54139705)

'Nona' intensifies as it nears Philippines

https://kidlat.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/images/tracks/nonasat_15121212.gif

https://kidlat.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/images/tracks/nona_15121212.png

Michael Parnham
13th December 2015, 10:34
Looks like you won't be affected Peter, Fred should be ok too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
13th December 2015, 14:39
Looks like you won't be affected Peter, Fred should be ok too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Been breezy today though Michael.

We'd just finished our usual 'al fresco' dinner when the rain started. Thunder and lightning and a tropical rainstorm is still ongoing as I type this.

But you're right. In principle we should be OK here in Davao.
The thunder is a bit close and scary right now for my wife though.
(and for me but don't tell :cwm25:)

SimonH
14th December 2015, 10:08
Getting a bit breezy here now :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
14th December 2015, 12:24
Dull dull dull ,but dry!

Terpe
14th December 2015, 12:58
Samar gets a big hit again.

imagine
14th December 2015, 16:57
ok here in manila so far, some rain today, and a nice cool breeze this evening:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th December 2015, 06:44
Another hefty downpour last night.

Hope Manila remain reasonably calm for you Stewart

fred
18th December 2015, 23:48
Loads of rain for the garden!!!

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/westpac/storm/movies/MOV8-4.29W.GIF

Terpe
19th December 2015, 01:24
Very heavy rainstorm last night.
Torrential all night long until just now. That's the longest I've experienced since being here.
We had flood warnings but we're OK as of now.

I'll go out exploring later

fred
19th December 2015, 03:50
Oh dear.. Have guests staying in units..2 report that floor has 1/4 inch of water on it.. How in the hell did that get in?? :yikes:
I think I need a bigger mop.

imagine
19th December 2015, 06:11
theres been rain on and off for a few days now here in manila, today is the worst so far, very misty looking and continues rain

Michael Parnham
19th December 2015, 07:10
Sorry your all having worrying weather in Philippines, the weather here is very unusual for the time of year, during this past week we've had showers, bright dry spells and the thing that concerns me is temperatures of up to 18%:Erm:

Terpe
19th December 2015, 08:44
Thank goodness that tropical cyclone Onyok weakened to tropical depression Onyok then weakened again into a low pressure area after making landfall last night (Friday 18 December)

We experienced a tropical rainstorm all night long. Not the heaviest downpour I've experienced here but certainly the heaviest over a long period of time. A lot of water fell upon us for sure.
It stopped raining briefly for a couple of hours this morning, enabling me to secure at least part of my regular cycling routine, but is now coming down again is the more miserable cold prolonged light rain of UK style.

Definitely a whole lot colder today, but we have no heater. :rolleyes:

I took a quick detour to the beach area and it appears we were lucky not to have suffered local beach front flooding.

Hopefully things will clear up nicely during the Christmas and New Year period as I've sent all my fishing kit onward to our holiday destination. Not that I've ever caught anything worth a mention from the shore. But my upcoming chance of some decent calm seas in the Davao Gulf will hopefully bring some great beach BBQ's with the freshest fish.

Terpe
19th December 2015, 08:45
theres been rain on and off for a few days now here in manila, today is the worst so far, very misty looking and continues rain

Are you living in Manila now Stewart ?

imagine
19th December 2015, 08:51
Are you living in Manila now Stewart ?

yes temporary at pasay city

Terpe
19th December 2015, 08:51
Oh dear.. Have guests staying in units..2 report that floor has 1/4 inch of water on it.. How in the hell did that get in?? :yikes:

Hope you can sort that one Fred. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some weeks ago we had similar on our 2nd floor balcony from the bedroom.
Still haven't figured out how it happened but it somehow leaked through to the downstairs ceiling and came drip drip dripping.
Only happened the once. Maybe wind direction. :Erm:

stevewool
19th December 2015, 09:33

Hope all is well Fred, i hope the water was coming in the ground floor not the second floor

stevewool
19th December 2015, 09:34
I think we had better get on the phone to see if all is well in Marikina , no news is good news they say,

Michael Parnham
19th December 2015, 10:32
Even here the Temperature was 15% at 7am this morning, never ever happened since records began!

Terpe
19th December 2015, 10:51
I think we had better get on the phone to see if all is well in Marikina , no news is good news they say,

I know that Marikina is considered a flood area. That's why it took us a long time to sell our house there.
But, it's a hilly place and many places, like ours was, in Marikina are high above any imagined flood area.
Hope yours is the same Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th December 2015, 13:43
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35140756

:yeahthat: ...

Even here the Temperature was 15% at 7am this morning, never ever happened since records began!

... so I can well~believe the temperature you've quoted for the Derby area, Michael.

Roughly the same up here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But the notion of a swim ANYWHERE in :Britain: in December?

Brr ... :36_1_26[1]:! Nooo thanks! :NoNo:

Having said that, I spent a couple of hours in the sea on Christmas Day, 2008.

Mind you, :wink: that was at Myrna's relatives' beach resort in the Phils!

Michael Parnham
19th December 2015, 16:19
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35140756

:yeahthat: ...

... so I can well~believe the temperature you've quoted for the Derby area, Michael.

Roughly the same up here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But the notion of a swim ANYWHERE in :Britain: in December?

Brr ... :36_1_26[1]:! Nooo thanks! :NoNo:

Having said that, I spent a couple of hours in the sea on Christmas Day, 2008.

Mind you, :wink: that was at Myrna's relatives' beach resort in the Phils!

Love it Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd December 2015, 13:51
Ah, some nice warmth back. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
24th December 2015, 12:20
Steady rain for the next few days also breezy and cooler:raining:

Michael Parnham
26th December 2015, 11:08
Very overcast this Boxing morning, looks like another wet day ahead also quite warm!:Erm:

Michael Parnham
27th December 2015, 11:34
Nice bright and sunny today with a high of 9%:sunshine::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
27th December 2015, 15:22
29 Degrees...As always!

stevewool
27th December 2015, 15:37
29degrees. Well soon be warm in Florida for our holiday

Michael Parnham
30th December 2015, 08:22
12% at 4am this morning, very unusual!:Erm:

Michael Parnham
1st January 2016, 10:50
Beautiful frosty morning nice and dry with a high of 6% forecast for today. At the moment car looks like a block of ice but not for long though I've to take wifey to work soon. "Happy New Year everyone":xxgrinning--00xx3: at least we have I nice dry start to the new year!

SimonH
1st January 2016, 11:31
Bit overcast and drizzling here today, first time I've felt a bit chilly as its only 28C not the usual 34C :wink:

Michael Parnham
1st January 2016, 21:00
Rain appeared about 6pm this evening looks as though we will have a cold wet night!

Michael Parnham
2nd January 2016, 08:36
No rain at the moment but a very wet and dull start to the day!

Ako Si Jamie
2nd January 2016, 10:50
I've been back nearly three weeks and it's rained every day apart from about two. The only consolation is that I haven't had to scrape my windscreen in the morning. Up until December here it's been very dry in 2015 so maybe things are getting evened out.

fred
2nd January 2016, 14:44
Waking up to beautiful sunny mornings just lately..Temps are good too..Cant complain.

Terpe
3rd January 2016, 07:33
Waking up to beautiful sunny mornings just lately..Temps are good too..Cant complain.

Same here. Can't complain. Well except for the sudden downpours.

SimonH
3rd January 2016, 09:25
Same here. Can't complain. Well except for the sudden downpours.

Ditto, the rain saves me the job of watering the garden though :smile:

Michael Parnham
10th January 2016, 18:05
Been a very cold dry sunny day today with a high of 5 degrees, very nice indeed!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
15th January 2016, 10:24
High of three degrees today -5 degrees tonight and as low as -15 in some areas over the weekend:36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]:

Terpe
15th January 2016, 14:23
Same old, same old here :biggrin:

Hot and sunny with occasional hot showers :icon_lol:

fred
16th January 2016, 22:52
Bloody freezing here this morning..Coldest Ive ever witnessed..
Just checked the thermo...20 degrees!!! Brrrrrrrrr.

SimonH
17th January 2016, 01:49
Bloody freezing here this morning..Coldest Ive ever witnessed..
Just checked the thermo...20 degrees!!! Brrrrrrrrr.

Same here, must admit I felt a bit of a chill. Warming up nicely now though :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
17th January 2016, 11:03
-2 with snow on the ground:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
20th January 2016, 12:03
Pond still frozen, been like it for almost a week now, long term forecast says from Friday onwards a rise to 13 degrees for quite a number of days:Erm:

Michael Parnham
24th January 2016, 09:13
15 degrees todays forecast, unbelievable:Erm: Long term weather forecast is that America's snow will more than likely arrive here in the next week or three:cwm25:

fred
25th January 2016, 05:52
Not a chilly 20 C anymore... Back to a comfortable 30 C in the shade.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th January 2016, 16:06
Very cool this morning on my bike ride

Michael Parnham
29th January 2016, 17:07
Been a beautiful sunny day today with a high of 10 degrees:sunshine: