PDA

View Full Version : Sad, sad , bad ,bad news

stevewool
3rd February 2014, 21:11
The car failed big time its MOT today, i am thinking its going to be around £400 to get it through, it failed on new front tyre, silly i know, brake pipes excessively corroded front to rear and exhaust emissions,
Its booked in next week to have these sorted , i will do the tyre myself this weekend,
The car has been good to me over the years and the last 2 MOTs has not cost me anything other then the price of an MOT,
So for the 14 years i have had it, i have had a good run and its time to spend a little in return,
Come on Toyota Avensis just last me 5 more years

Slip
3rd February 2014, 23:20
My car is a 1991 plate! I've had it since 2005 and apart from silly little things going wrong it has done me proud seeing I only paid £550 for it! Longest I have ever had a car before was 3 years.... I will keep running it until it fails the mot and cost too much to get through. I do want a new car.... maybe next year lol
Just gave it to the family mechanic he gave it a once over, took it for it's mot for me and all it cost me was £50. Oh and a Mcdonalds breakfast whilst I waited for him to call me to say it was done!

eddiek
4th February 2014, 00:00
you cannot beat a toyota... nuclear bombproof

Steve.r
4th February 2014, 00:46
Our Toyota Vios had been parked in our garage area for a while not being used as we use the Montero, but when we started to smell something 'ratty' around the car and when I lifted the bonnet we found a decaying rat which had decided to die on the engine block after eating the poison. When I tried to start the car nothing worked as the rats had chewed all the wires. So after a deeper look and the dashboard removed and everywhere examined, we finally had a result. Six more dead rats were found in the aircon ducts and in the engine bay and after the electrician had rewired the car we finally were able to start it again. Slowly the smell is going!!!!

tiger31
4th February 2014, 03:06
Our Toyota Vios had been parked in our garage area for a while not being used as we use the Montero, but when we started to smell something 'ratty' around the car and when I lifted the bonnet we found a decaying rat which had decided to die on the engine block after eating the poison. When I tried to start the car nothing worked as the rats had chewed all the wires. So after a deeper look and the dashboard removed and everywhere examined, we finally had a result. Six more dead rats were found in the aircon ducts and in the engine bay and after the electrician had rewired the car we finally were able to start it again. Slowly the smell is going!!!!

talking of rats I freaked out yesterday when this monster jumped out in front of my trike it made the u.k rats look like mice.:yikes:

stevewool
4th February 2014, 08:09

Steve, when we was in your car i could smell something but i did not want to say, i thought it was me when the policeman pulled us over :biggrin:

Trefor
4th February 2014, 09:00
Well it sounds like you had a good innings with no costs. MOTs are about safety after all with the exception of the emissions test. An Italian tune-up might help with the emissions.

Terpe
4th February 2014, 09:03
Hope all works out well for your trusty Toyota Steve...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th February 2014, 21:17
thanks boys, its having a service too, change plugs and that should help it through the emissions