PDA

View Full Version : How can I find a Filipino nanny?

fantasyvn
25th January 2014, 11:12
I live in London and am looking for a Filipino nanny to look after my two young children.

Could you pls advise where I can such a person?

My sincere thanks,

msmaganda
25th January 2014, 12:13
I have someone in mind. Let me know if you are interested. Whereabouts are you in London?

fantasyvn
25th January 2014, 12:27
Thank you. I will send you a private message.

Ako Si Jamie
26th January 2014, 16:00
I have someone in mind. Let me know if you are interested. Whereabouts are you in London?Tell your friend to find out if she will receive the going rate of pay before accepting. :wink:

grahamw48
27th January 2014, 05:11
Agreed. I would hate to think that the forum was being used as a source of cheap labour. Filipinas have so many other qualities worthy of consideration... other than their COST. :ReadIt:

bigmarco
27th January 2014, 12:19
It doesn't take long for Filipinas in London to find out their true value in the marketplace.

I believe that families like to employ them not because they are cheap but because they're incredibly good at the job and 100% trustworthy.

The problem for people is it's difficult to advertise exclusively for a filipina because our silly laws on discrimination come into effect.

My wife works for an incredibly nice family now who treat her well. She started in July and although only there for a short time before her nanay became very ill and subsequently died they not only allowed her to go home for 7 weeks but paid her wages every week.
I know there are some horror stories with the treatment of nannies but they are mostly confined to the middle east hell holes.

Terpe
28th January 2014, 14:14
I live in London and am looking for a Filipino nanny to look after my two young children.

Could you pls advise where I can such a person?

My sincere thanks,

Don't forget that employing a nanny will require you to register with HMRC as an employer and to operate a PAYE scheme for any deductions of tax and NI together with the appropriate issuing of payslips.

london2014
8th November 2014, 20:18
Don't forget that employing a nanny will require you to register with HMRC as an employer and to operate a PAYE scheme for any deductions of tax and NI together with the appropriate issuing of payslips.

Hello - we are also looking for a Nanny. We live in Kensington and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Barry