PDA

View Full Version : My wifes passport renewal...

marksroomspain
23rd January 2014, 21:05
Well Jamie finally renewed her passport at the Phillippine embassy in London yesterday, what a hectic 24 hours...

We left Middlesbrough on the 9.50 train then after a change at York, finally headed for London and we were suppose to arrive at 12.50 then all of a sudden we came to an hault as somebody had been struck on the track.

Later we found out it was a rail worker who sustained serious injury but was still alive, we then found out it was our train that had struck him.

After 2 hours delay our train arrived into the nearest station while we all got off and the empty train headed to where ever for what I would think a police investigation, we finally boarded a later train and arrived in London 3 hours late at 3.50.

We rushed onto the tube to Piccadilly circus with our baby in tow to see if we could get to the embassy in time as the time was a 4.30 cut off, we arrived there with 5 minutes to spare phew and after all that the processing was done in just 25 minutes.

We managed what seemed impossible and after we got back to the hotel in Kings Cross we had a good laugh at the stress of it all and then after a nice meal and a few drinks we headed to bed for our 9.30 return journey the following day.

All done with just £40 return for the train fare and £39 for the travelodge and as compensation we were offered rail vouchers to the value of the rail fare.

So all in all a very eventful day...:biggrin:

stevewool
23rd January 2014, 22:05
wow, what a journey, but all ends well, not for the poor worker who was hit by the train though

marksroomspain
23rd January 2014, 23:52
wow, what a journey, but all ends well, not for the poor worker who was hit by the train though

Just hope he pulls through Steve because we were travelling at full speed if it was a full impact then obviously the inevitable would be death, just thinking if he was clipped by it god thinks what happened...

stevie c
24th January 2014, 00:51
Thats a coincidence mark me & my wife florsel were at the embassy yesterday renewing her passport

We arrived there at 12.30 then had to return at 2pm to have her biometrics taken

Terpe
24th January 2014, 11:06
Yes quite an eventful day Mark......glad to learn it turned out well in the end.

Michael Parnham
24th January 2014, 12:51
Well done, a pity about the hiccup en route but luckily not too serious. Another bridge crossed Mark! :xxgrinning--00xx3: