PDA

View Full Version : Ouch... I feel the pain!

Slip
23rd January 2014, 13:42
Just back from the dentist... only my second visit in 12 years....

Should have gone more regularly I think. Not been blessed with the best teeth in the world. They are as straight as George Michael and have more fillings then a Mr Kipling apple pie.

However wasn't expecting my mild toothache pain to bring me the news that I need one filling and one tooth removed (that or root canal treatment, I settled for extraction!) as well as one capped.

However if that wasn't bad enough, I have been referred to the hospital to have not just one... not just two.... but my remaining three wisdom teeth out!

Oh and the NHS want to charge me almost £500 for that lot..... :thumbsdown:

Dedworth
23rd January 2014, 18:54
£500 :yikes: My Denplan private dental cover sounds like money well spent

gWaPito
24th January 2014, 00:56
Just back from the dentist... only my second visit in 12 years....

Should have gone more regularly I think. Not been blessed with the best teeth in the world. They are as straight as George Micheal and have more fillings then a Mr Kipling apple pie.
However wasn't expecting my mild toothache pain to bring me the news that I need one filling and one tooth removed (that or root canal treatment, I settled for extraction!) as well as one capped.

However if that wasn't bad enough, I have been referred to the hospital to have not just one... not just two.... but my remaining three wisdom teeth out!

Oh and the NHS want to charge me almost £500 for that lot..... :thumbsdown:

That root canal treament isnt cheap :NoNo:..I went to the dentist in December. Cost me £400. The tooth in question was in the front. I wasnt going to lose that at any cost.

They got you over a barrel :NoNo:

To think, with the cost of the hygienist as well, that would have paid for a return fllght to the Philippines.

Better to go with teeth in head than without, I think

Michael Parnham
24th January 2014, 08:05
Been free for me since 1989! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
24th January 2014, 08:40
Teeth, I hate them, since my front tooth broke its never been the same , the false on is orrible, but what else is there :NoNo:

KeithD
24th January 2014, 10:05
I have 6 appointments over the next few weeks for various bits of work, including new teeth :biggrin: .... they are only charging me £177 for the lot. I :heartshape1: Wales.

Slip
24th January 2014, 11:25
Teeth, I hate them, since my front tooth broke its never been the same , the false on is orrible, but what else is there :NoNo:

I smashed my front tooth some years ago with a spanner :cwm25: Only I could be tightening a nut up and the spanner slips and smacked me straight in the mouth smashing my front tooth to bits. Luckily I did it at work and my work paid for the cost of a replacement. They also paid for a few fillings and other bits as well as I was going out with the dentist assistant at the time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As for the hygienist, no way... the yellow coat on my teeth keeps them warm in winter :biggrin: They aren't that bad actually so I will not pay £45 for 20 mins with the hygienist! which you have to pay when booking the appointment, not after!

gWaPito
25th January 2014, 00:05
I smashed my front tooth some years ago with a spanner :cwm25: Only I could be tightening a nut up and the spanner slips and smacked me straight in the mouth smashing my front tooth to bits. Luckily I did it at work and my work paid for the cost of a replacement. They also paid for a few fillings and other bits as well as I was going out with the dentist assistant at the time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As for the hygienist, no way... the yellow coat on my teeth keeps them warm in winter :biggrin: They aren't that bad actually so I will not pay £45 for 20 mins with the hygienist! which you have to pay when booking the appointment, not after!

That's what did my front tooth in, a blow at work. It killed it. The only best treatment for it was root canal work. The other option was an implant. ..that was costed at £3100 for the implant and tooth replacement. No way was I going to have a denture. I dare say the implant will happen at some point. :NoNo:

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. ..

Ako Si Jamie
25th January 2014, 00:09
Anyone used a dentist in the Phils yet?

gWaPito
25th January 2014, 00:14
Yes, the wife did. Only for tooth whitening. Much cheaper than for the exact same treatment in the UK.

Unfortunately I did mine before I met Jane otherwise I would of saved a bundle having it done there in Philippines.

jake
25th January 2014, 07:03

Hope so. Cant imagine how the filipino members of the forum would look like if they hadn't visited a dentist in the Philippines :biggrin:

Yes, i have been using Philippine dentists for over 20 years and the service has always been good.
As Mark said it might be worth having major work done here, if you have to pay in the UK.

Ako Si Jamie
25th January 2014, 09:31
As Mark said it might be worth having major work done here, if you have to pay in the UK.I was thinking that.

KeithD
25th January 2014, 09:59

It is far more expensive than having treatment under the NHS here. The dentists are just as qualified, but you need to check.

Michael Parnham
25th January 2014, 10:14

Yes, I found a good dentist within Robinsons shopping mall at Dumaguete, whilst living in Dumaguete went there for polish and scaling at six month intervals, won't neglect my teeth - never have done -always go to dentist every six months, that's why I have nice teeth! :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
25th January 2014, 23:01
I was thinking that.

The possible savings alone could pay for flights and accommodation. :xxgrinning--00xx3: