PDA

View Full Version : Eating Out in Manila

eula mackay
10th October 2007, 05:17
I was based in Dubai for almost 6 years. Most of the nicest restaurants are in hotels and let me tell you that my husband and I never got tired of eating out. Being a hotelier myself, i know loads of other managers etc. which worked out really well as we would always enjoy the discounts. I used to live in Garhoud, opposite the airport. For those of you who have been in Dubai, its the neighborhood where Le MEridien Airport and Al Bustan Rotana is. Between them 2 hotels is aroind 20 restaurants already, add the ones in Century Village and Airport Hotel across the road and youd easily add another 20 on your list of choices, lets not forget the Irish Village. Eating out was always an experience. When I left Dubai and joined my husband in the UK I was aware there will be no way we could eat out 3x a week in 5 star hotels so I decided to learn how to cook instead. I got addicted. My husband sometimes laugh at me cause i even prepare the food the way they do in restaurants even if its juts the two of us at home, and i always say if theres something nice presented to you, you would be more excited to eat it!

Now that Im in Manila, I would like to share to you my favorite restos and cafes. I dont do a lot of shopping, I prefer eating out. I hope this list wold gove you an idea for your next holiday. And if I missed out on certain places, feel free to add and I would try not to run out of my front door to check it out myself. :BouncyHappy:

EASTWOOD:

Heaven N Eggs - Fancy an all day breakfast? This one is a must try if you are just in the area. "Dear Bacon, LOve Eggs" is my personal favorite. Their milkshakes are yummy as well, forget about them extra calories for a minute or two.

Agave - Average texmex but service is superb and their cocktails are very smooth. I finished two jugs of their "Cancun Margarita" the other night and I was oh so oh so happy!

Seafood Island - Stuffed squid and crabs cooked in coconut sauce shouldnt be given a miss

Cheesecake Etc - For those with a sweet tooth. Dont just walk past it, get inside and enjoy their desserts!

*** Loads of othere restos like Dencios, Fazolis (although I DO NOT recommend it), Pizza Hut Bistro, Something Fishy, Jacks Loft, Ipanema, Bedroom (more of like a nightclub but food is nice, they have al fresco so you are safe)

SERENDRA AND THE FORT:

Contis - Lumpiang sariwa (fresh spring rolls) and pancit molo are both sure winners. Now, their cakes are to die for. Mango bravo, mango cheesecake and choco overload is a MUST try.

Miss Desserts - possibly the best cheesecak in town. the macademia cheesecake makes me selfish, i just dont want to share it.

Cupcakes - you wont miss this little cupcake shop. beware as cupackes can cost as much as php150 each.

Prince of Jaipur - right beside the "embassy". guaranteed good curry! their aloo ghobi and chicken jalfreizi is a hit! and oh, their butter nan is just as nice.

Hosseins Persian Kebab - not as nice as the one in your local high street but close!

Portico 1771 - sister resto of my other old time favorite Chateau 1771 (Nakpil St and El Pueblo)

METRO AND ORTIGAS AREA:

Chateau 1771 - French Onion Soup, Beef medallions and coffee pie. Have it!

Nagomi - casual jap resto but worth a visit. good value bento boxes.

MetroPhi - with live acoustic bands most nights and buy one take one beer (local) for php 110

Bacolod Chicken Inasal - all time favorite! gets really busy during lunch and dinner so be patient.

Via Mare - Tektite East Tower. Brilliant view and good value for money.

Banana Leaf - Thai/Indonesian cusine at its best

Makati, San Juan and Quezon City coming soon. I need to feed myself now. lol.

rob36london
28th December 2007, 23:02
Greenbelt 3 has some very nice restaurants in Makati. I especially liked eating prawns and all sorts on the outside of an american themed place called Bubba Gump or Forrest Gumps, though it is a bit american.

The Shangri La hotel has nice dining areas though I was not so impressed by the food in view of the price; however their buffets are good value.

I think the best place for cheapish nice food with lots of branches is Tangs if you like chinese food and free wifi