PDA

View Full Version : Good news at Immigration today

tiger31
22nd January 2014, 09:29
I went to extend my tourist visa in Bacolod today and the girl behind the counter said "Sir, I have some good news today, you can now stay on a tourist visa for 3 years instead of 16 months". Wow, that is good news! I had to fly to Hongkong for the weekend after 16 months last time so thats going to save folks a good bit of money . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
22nd January 2014, 10:51
Good news Brian...every little helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd January 2014, 12:12
...every little helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:olddude: ... spoken like the loyal Tesco employee you are!

Michael Parnham
22nd January 2014, 12:17
Yes really good news Brian! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd January 2014, 12:21

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... it IS, :iagree:!

tiger31
22nd January 2014, 13:00
:olddude: ... spoken like the loyal Tesco employee you are!
:biggrin: he,ll get a promotion for that one

tiger31
22nd January 2014, 13:02

Yep, I had to go H.K last time and it cost me more than I thought because my lady twisted me round her little finger and got me to take her too :smile:

bikerpat
26th April 2014, 01:25
Ok my friends. This is a topic I am really confused about. I am Irish and retired and hoping to move to Phils to join my g/f there. I am told I can get a 50 something day visa initially. Now when I get there and that visa expires can I get it renewed within the Philippines at a local Immigration Office? And how long can I get it for without leaving Phils? And after that what happens, can I keep renewing as I want to stay there permanently, not necessarily married, but that may be a possibility down the road. Am sure this topic has been covered already but any advice appreciated. Pat.

Michael Parnham
26th April 2014, 04:39
I'm sure Tiger will answer your questions when he see's this, but in the meantime good luck with your future plan. Where will you be living in Philippines? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
26th April 2014, 04:39
Ok Pat, it,s quite simple when you arrive you get initial 3 weeks stay free. After that, you just renew visa every 2 months and you can do that for 36 months on a tourist visa then you have to leave the country for a day and you then can repeat the whole process. Now, if you marry your g,f you can get a yearly visa stamp because you,re married to a Filipina. Hope this helps, it,s a very easy process to do depending on where you renew it will depends how long it takes. My local immigration here in Bacolod takes about half hour, but if you do it in Manila well, that can take all day lol

tiger31
26th April 2014, 04:40
I'm sure Tiger will answer your questions when he see's this, but in the meantime good luck with your future plan. Where will you be living in Philippines? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lol :smile:

Michael Parnham
26th April 2014, 04:41
lol :smile:

Wow, that was quick Brian! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
26th April 2014, 04:55
What an earth are you doing up at this ungodly hour Michael? lol

grahamw48
26th April 2014, 09:30
You get your first 30 days 'visa free' now. :wink:

Michael Parnham
26th April 2014, 09:43
What an earth are you doing up at this ungodly hour Mchael? lol

Always up early Brian, best part of any day in any country, never known any different, to me 7am is very late because I get plenty of things done before then. My Nan used to say "its the hours before midnight that give you the best sleep" so I always go to bed early to compensate for getting up early! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
26th April 2014, 11:37
Always up early Brian, best part of any day in any country, never known any different, to me 7am is very late because I get plenty of things done before then. My Nan used to say "its the hours before midnight that give you the best sleep" so I always go to bed early to compensate for getting up early! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lol very good

bikerpat
26th April 2014, 13:18
Ok Pat, it,s quite simple when you arrive you get initial 3 weeks stay free. After that, you just renew visa every 2 months and you can do that for 36 months on a tourist visa then you have to leave the country for a day and you then can repeat the whole process. Now, if you marry your g,f you can get a yearly visa stamp because you,re married to a Filipina .Hope this helps, it,s a very easy process to do depending on where you renew it will depends how long it takes. My local immigration here in Bacolod takes about half hour, but if you do it in Manila well, that can take all day lol

Thanks Tiger. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bikerpat
26th April 2014, 13:20

Location not decided yet. But would like somewhere near the beach as I'm not really interested in living in a major city.

tiger31
26th April 2014, 14:12
Location not decided yet. But would like somewhere near the beach as I'm not really interested in living in a major city.

Where is your g,f from? Does she want to live in her home province?

Arthur Little
26th April 2014, 14:25

Quite right! Being a cyclist (like your username suggests) ... you're probably safer away from the city. :wink:

irishman12
26th April 2014, 21:36
Ok Pat, it,s quite simple when you arrive you get initial 3 weeks stay free. After that, you just renew visa every 2 months and you can do that for 36 months on a tourist visa then you have to leave the country for a day and you then can repeat the whole process. Now, if you marry your g,f you can get a yearly visa stamp because you,re married to a Filipina. Hope this helps, it,s a very easy process to do depending on where you renew it will depends how long it takes. My local immigration here in Bacolod takes about half hour, but if you do it in Manila well, that can take all day lol

Not quite correct - as Graham says the visa waiver is now 30days but it may be best to apply for 1st 59 day visa in Ireland and then apply extensions at nearest BOI - or if near Manila or Cebu -could possibly get 6 month extensions instead of every 2 months.

chrisincebu
27th April 2014, 04:12

When you get a yearly visa stamp, is it still valid if you leave Philippines and return again later (providing it is before the expiry date)?
I wonder if it is recognised by other countries so that you can fly to Philippines on a one way ticket...

jake
27th April 2014, 07:18
When you get a yearly visa stamp, is it still valid if you leave Philippines and return again later (providing it is before the expiry date)?
I wonder if it is recognised by other countries so that you can fly to Philippines on a one way ticket...

When your are married you can apply for permanent residence and fly in on a one way ticket.

Are you asking about the Balikbayan Visa and flying into the country without your wife?

chrisincebu
27th April 2014, 07:38
Yep, flying in without her. Is the Balikbayan visa the easiest way?

jake
27th April 2014, 07:46
Yep, flying in without her. Is the Balikbayan visa the easiest way?

If you fly in with her you should have no problems getting one year. If you try returning without your wife the privilege will not be valid.

You will still need a return ticket to show the airline, as the visa is still only tourist and not resident.

From what I have heard they have started doing the 6 months visas in Cebu as well.

Michael Parnham
27th April 2014, 08:07
If you fly in with her you should have no problems getting one year. If you try returning without your wife the privilege will not be valid.

You will still need a return ticket to show the airline, as the visa is still only tourist and not resident.

From what I have heard they have started doing the 6 months visas in Cebu as well.

That's correct, when I went to live in Philippine the balikbayan that I had was invalid because you're traveling alone. I found a one way ticket was more expensive than a return ticket also when Maritess and I came to UK we bought return tickets because they were cheaper than one way! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

chrisincebu
27th April 2014, 08:33
Hmmm. The most I spend here at any one time is 35-40 days tops. So, still have to renew the 30 day tourist visa every time even though it is only for a few extra days. I think I will just continue doing that, until I am here for longer periods.

jake
27th April 2014, 08:40
Hmmm. The most I spend here at any one time is 35-40 days tops. So, still have to renew the 30 day tourist visa every time even though it is only for a few extra days. I think I will just continue doing that, until I am here for longer periods.

You can get 59 days at the airport when you arrive.

chrisincebu
27th April 2014, 09:43
You can get 59 days at the airport when you arrive.

I recall that being mentioned in the past but I think it is the same price as the post 30-day extension? I always keep meaning to do it but never have any peso on arrival. It's before the immigration desks right?

Steve.r
27th April 2014, 09:48
I was extending my visa at Clark every two months. Luckily, my company pay for my air tickets, but when i returned the last time when my daughter was born I had no immediate work planned. My air ticket expired and so I in fact was there indefinitely. But this never caused problems with immigration as they never ask for that. The only thing I had to do, which you all have to do if you stay over 6 months, is apply for an Entry Clearance Certificate. This just puts your fingerprints on file, just in case you have been involved in crime while there. But you need this to show to immigration when you leave Phils.

bikerpat
27th April 2014, 19:45

Hi Michael, my g/f suggested Catlican or Tagaytay. I have only been in Catlican Airport on route to Boracay so I don't have any idea what it's like as a city. So I'd have to visit there. I like the fact that it's near Boracay. I have never been in Tagaytay so have no idea what that's like either but my g/f suggests it's really nice but a bit cooler than beach areas.

Any opinions on either locations would be most welcome.

Pat

bikerpat
27th April 2014, 19:48
Where is your g,f from? Does she want to live in her home province?

She's from Pagadian and doesn't want to live there. She is currently in Manila living with her uncle's family but she would be happy living apart from her family as well as trying to fulfill my dream of living near the sea.