PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

ok_UK
20th January 2014, 07:18
Good day everyone!

I just want to ask, is it possible to go to UK as tourist and when you're in UK already, convert your visa to working visa?
how long will it take to process?

Thanks for the help in advance! :smile:

btw I'm new here...

KeithD
20th January 2014, 10:15
No. Under the terms of the tourist visa you are a tourist, and therefore can't work, which means you have no need for a work visa.

ok_UK
22nd January 2014, 07:35
I see, Thanks Win2Win for your reply...

What if you were able to find a work in UK while you're still a tourist?

raynaputi
22nd January 2014, 22:06
I see, Thanks Win2Win for your reply...

What if you were able to find a work in UK while you're still a tourist?

You are not allowed to work under the conditions of having a visit visa. Even if someone offered you a job, it's still illegal.

You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits;
take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
do a course of study, as long as this study is not the main reason for your visit;
marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
receive private medical treatment.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/requirements/

ok_UK
23rd January 2014, 04:46
Ah I see...Thanks for the advice...

Can you help me on this? for I might be misunderstanding their statement:

"If you came to the United Kingdom as a visitor, you cannot extend your permission to stay as a visitor beyond 6 months in most cases - however, in some circumstances you may be able to switch into a different immigration category. To find out about switching into a particular category, see the information about that category on this website, for example at the Working in the UK or Studying in the UK section."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/rightsandresponsibilities/changeofconditions/

Thanks a lot!:smile: