PDA

View Full Version : Please help..advice on tier 2 appplication

kath772001
10th January 2014, 07:17
Hi guys, my name is Kath and I' m new in the forum. I just want to know if i have a chance in getting tier 2 work permit. My bf's family friend who owns a care home ( bf is british citizen) is willing to sponsor me to be a caregiver... she's gonna do labour market test etc. My only concern is that after reading posts in the forum it seems difficult to get permit in this line of work. Considering that I already have a sponsor, are my chances of getting it higher? I studied nursing in Uni.

And just want to verify the supporting documents i need to submit: ielts exam result paper, bank statement, CoS reference number.

Hope you can shed light to my questions... thanks.in advance guys!

Terpe
10th January 2014, 22:18
Hi Kath, welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

Have you reviewed the latest Home office requirements for applicants wishing to enter or remain in the UK as a Tier 2 migrant ?

As you know, the Tier 2 category allows UK employers to recruit workers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to fill a particular vacancy that they cannot fill with a British or EEA worker.
Additionally, the Job should be on the Shortage Occupation List.

To be eligible under Tier 2 you'll need to have a skilled job offer, and a certificate of sponsorship from an employer/organisation who is a UKBA approved and licensed sponsor in the UK.

It's not quite a simple and straightforward as you may imagine.
Please check out the UKBA website

I wish you good luck in your quest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
11th January 2014, 04:03
basically The chances of you getting a tier 2 are zero, sorry to sound harsh but that,s the way it is right now, it,s better for you to be told than get your hopes up.

Harry T
26th February 2014, 13:40
Surely the best way to go about this, is to come here as a student, as someone has posted Tier 2. No chance..

Terpe
26th February 2014, 19:52
Surely the best way to go about this, is to come here as a student.....

Why do you believe that?

vc_london
9th March 2014, 20:05
there are still employers willing to give cos for tier 2. but you should at least have a NMC decision letter for you to bw sponsored as a nurse.

Terpe
9th March 2014, 20:46
there are still employers willing to give cos for tier 2. but you should at least have a NMC decision letter for you to bw sponsored as a nurse.

Does she need to be sponsored as a nurse to work as a carer in a care home?

vc_london
10th March 2014, 10:53
to the best of my knowledge, you cannot sponsor a carer to come to the UK as it is not in the shortage list, nor it is a graduate level job. you can check with UKBA just to make sure.. hope this helps.