PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Forum ... for a while !

Doc Alan
9th January 2014, 23:08
Friends have been asking if I am definitely returning to the Philippines, with kind offers of hospitality :smile: !

My plan is to fly from Heathrow by Cathay Pacific on Tuesday ( 14 Jan ). A few nights in Manila, a week in Baguio then a week in Boracay ( never been to either before ). Finally another few nights in Manila before flying back on 4 February.

Best wishes and good health to all members, wherever you may be in the next few weeks :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

mickcant
9th January 2014, 23:14
Have a good trip, Doc.
Mick. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th January 2014, 00:56
Have a great trip Alan....we may cross paths in Manila. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
10th January 2014, 01:02
Have a super trip Doc :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
10th January 2014, 01:34
Have a great trip Alan. You are welcome to visit Bongabon if you have time. Just pm me

gWaPito
10th January 2014, 01:56
have a great trip Alan..:heartshape1:Defo the time for members to be on their hols

rani
10th January 2014, 07:35
Enjoy, Doc Alan :Hellooo:

cheekee
10th January 2014, 07:37
Have a lovely time. :Wave:

fred
10th January 2014, 10:25
Wishing you a good trip Doc!!
I just hope it stops raining for your arrival..

raynaputi
10th January 2014, 13:19
Have a good trip Doc! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
10th January 2014, 14:26
Hope you have a very enjoyable journey Alan, you'll be missed by all!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
10th January 2014, 15:45
I'm sure you'll be having a wonderful holiday Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a safe trip ....Bon Voyage :Jump:

imagine
10th January 2014, 15:47
have a great more fun in the philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just arrived in manila today, here to go to immigration on monday then i hear its ten working days before receiving residency i card

bigmarco
10th January 2014, 16:21
Good for you Doc :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Rory
10th January 2014, 18:11
You have a great time Alan. Having been to Boracay i can say it is great place to relax with fantastic food.

Arthur Little
10th January 2014, 18:51
Haven't been to either Boracay or Baguio, Alan :nono-1-1: ... but we're hoping to rectify that during our next visit to the Phils - within the coming year - if all goes according to plan.

Myrna, of course, often attended Summer Camps for Teachers held annually at the latter location. :smile:

Both of us wish you a wonderful holiday. Enjoy it to the full. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

purple
10th January 2014, 18:58
Have a good trip Doc Alan..and don't forget to bring something to wrap you warm in Baguio because its really cold there specially in the night..

Enjoy Boracay as well. I miss that place..its all I think of when I'm day dreaming...and bring some warmth when you come back.

Doc Alan
10th January 2014, 19:12
Thank you all for your kind wishes :smile:

Mick - best wishes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Graham :xxgrinning--00xx3: Enjoy your own trip ( oh, don't forget your tablet :NoNo: ). Indeed, our paths may cross - if not in Manila, then sunny Yorkshire :smile:.

Jamie - your videos were an inspiration :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Steve.r - I do indeed hope we may meet in Bongabon, will be in touch :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

gWaPito - enjoy your own holiday :smile:.

Rani - salamat kaibigan :smile:.

Cheekee - enjoy Cebu, young man :biggrin:.

Fred - hopefully it will be dry, and I'm prepared for frost as experienced recently in Benguet - colder than Scarborough :biggrin:.

Rayna - salamat, I know you're envious :smile:.

Michael - thank you :smile:

Terpe - thank you and best wishes to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Imagine - salamat kaibigan ( I'm sure you're fluent by now ) :smile:

Marco - thank you and hope all is well with you and yours :smile:

Rory - thank you my friend :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Arthur and Myrna - thank you, and I'm sure you're looking forward to your OWN trip in the near future :smile:.

Purple - just seen your message Rohany, salamat - I will not be camping there !!

sars_notd_virus
12th January 2014, 15:32
Have a safe and wonderful trip Doc Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
12th January 2014, 18:17
Have a safe and wonderful trip Doc Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Mari :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Dedworth
12th January 2014, 19:17
Have a great trip Doc & remember to try Crafty's Rooftop Bar on Boracay - it helped keep me sane there :biggrin:

Doc Alan
12th January 2014, 21:02
Have a great trip Doc & remember to try Crafty's Rooftop Bar on Boracay - it helped keep me sane there :biggrin:

Thanks Ded :xxgrinning--00xx3: I remembered you suggested this Bar to me, and I understand the varying opinions about Boracay ! Have to say I'm looking forward to the contrasts of Manila, northern Luzon, and Boracay as I'm meeting good friends in all three :smile: For sure there ought to be great photo opportunities :smile:.

Rosie1958
13th January 2014, 01:54
Bon Voyage ....... have a truly wonderful holiday Doc Alan!! :Jump::Wave:

Doc Alan
13th January 2014, 09:25
Bon Voyage ....... have a truly wonderful holiday Doc Alan!! :Jump::Wave:

Thank you so much Rosie :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Catching the train to London today, for tomorrow's morning flight - so please forgive me if I don't manage to reply to any other messages. I appreciate them all :smile:.

SimonH
13th January 2014, 09:47
Safe trip Doc, have a cold SM for me :party-smiley-012:

Doc Alan
9th February 2014, 20:49
I had a great holiday, and happy to read that Graham, Cheekee and other members also had good recent trips to the Philippines !

Photos uploaded in “ Pictures “ section for those who are interested. Tagay !!

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj517/DocAlan/P1050391_zps97bef258.jpg (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/DocAlan/media/P1050391_zps97bef258.jpg.html)

grahamw48
9th February 2014, 22:21
Welcome back Alan !

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
9th February 2014, 22:42
A warm welcome back doc :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
9th February 2014, 22:48
Thank you SimonH ( your message here was too late for my response, but we had already chatted by PM ) :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Stevie C, thank you for your welcome message :smile:.

Graham - thanks also - you're a brave man posting your karaoke videos :biggrin:.

Michael Parnham
10th February 2014, 13:52
I've only just seen this Alan, so you are back safe and sound. I did see some photo's earlier and now looking to find out what your holiday was like, I'm sure we will all know in the not too distant future, welcome home! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
10th February 2014, 16:06
Welcome back to gloomy UK, Doc! :Hellooo:

grahamw48
10th February 2014, 18:13
Thank you SimonH ( your message here was too late for my response, but we had already chatted by PM ) :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Stevie C, thank you for your welcome message :smile:.

Graham - thanks also - you're a brave man posting your karaoke videos :biggrin:.

The worst are yet to come ! :laugher:

Doc Alan
10th February 2014, 18:40
Thanks Michael and Rayna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would get no sympathy here in Scarborough if I complained about the cold weather, and actually here on the east coast of England we have so far had a mild winter, with no flooding :smile:

les_taxi
10th February 2014, 18:51
We send all our rain to york:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
10th February 2014, 19:21
I would first like to reiterate what I'd already said on your *Boracay thread, Alan ... i.e., it's really good to see you back; I'm so pleased you'd such a marvellous time. :smile:

Also, wanted to mention the treat it has been to revel in your beautiful pictorial reminders *there - as well as those in each of your excellent 'Cordillera 1, 2 & 3', threads - of a truly memorable vacation. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
10th February 2014, 20:50
I would first like to reiterate what I'd already said on your *Boracay thread, Alan ... i.e., it's really good to see you back; I'm so pleased you'd such a marvellous time. :smile:

Also, wanted to mention the treat it has been to revel in your beautiful pictorial reminders *there - as well as those in each of your excellent 'Cordillera 1, 2 & 3', threads - of a truly memorable vacation. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Arthur, and everyone else who has welcomed me back :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The photos are only a small sample of the hundreds taken - that way hopefully I keep the good will of members without annoying those who haven't been as lucky as me in escaping part of the UK winter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Of course travelling is never completely smooth. There were no problems with the Cathay Pacific flights, but I discovered the London underground was on strike when I got back to Heathrow, and had to take a taxi to Kings Cross station. That journey was an interesting sightseeing tour ! However, it took almost 3 hours, and I only just caught the trains to York ( then Scarborough ) for which I had advance tickets. Luckily it was a fixed price ( £ 56 ), about the same as the return train fares :smile:.

stevewool
10th February 2014, 21:10
did not know you had been away until seeing the pictures, all sounds like a wonderful time by you and the other members too,

Michael Parnham
10th February 2014, 21:50
Been very calm here also Alan, been lucky weatherwise!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
10th February 2014, 21:55
did not know you had been away until seeing the pictures, all sounds like a wonderful time by you and the other members too,

The dates of our trips overlapped, Steve, but I'm glad you also had a great trip to Dubai :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Rosie1958
11th February 2014, 23:27
Welcome back Doc Alan, :Wave: glad to see you had a wonderful time! :xxgrinning--00xx3: