PDA

View Full Version : taking epoxy resin putty on flight to cebu - Cathay Pacific

cheekee
5th January 2014, 15:40
Just a quick question.

I want to take a tube of epoxy resin putty to cebu to fix some leaks in the roof of my fiances family house.

I wanted to ask if its allowed to take it on a flight.

Maybe I can just buy it there but I never saw it last time I visited.

I looked at the prohibited items list and its not listed but because of its appearance it looks a bit like plasticine which I guess could be interpreted on xray to look a little like explosive ?

Does anyone know if you can buy it in the phils ?

Michael Parnham
5th January 2014, 15:49
Just a quick question.

I want to take a tube of epoxy resin putty to cebu to fix some leaks in the roof of my fiances family house.

I wanted to ask if its allowed to take it on a flight.

Maybe I can just buy it there but I never saw it last time I visited.

I looked at the prohibited items list and its not listed but because of its appearance it looks a bit like plasticine which I guess could be interpreted on xray to look a little like explosive ?

Does anyone know if you can buy it in the phils ?

Should be able to Cheekee, I managed to find Araldite epoxy resin glue and hardener, plenty of hardware stores similar to B&Q only slightly smaller!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
5th January 2014, 15:54
Thanks.

Dont want the glue and hardener, need the putty.

Michael Parnham
5th January 2014, 23:01
Thanks.

Dont want the glue and hardener, need the putty.

That's exactly what I mean, you should be able to find what you want Cheekee!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
5th January 2014, 23:29
I would do likewise Cheekee...I wouldn't tempt fate. Buy it there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
6th January 2014, 07:40
You can find it at any Acehardware store. On their website they only show pictures of the all purpose epoxy. There is a specific one for metal available. Not sure how well it works on roofs, as i always use Pioneer Mighty Seal.

http://acehardware.ph/Acehardware/index.php?p=236&subcat_id=11

Michael Parnham
6th January 2014, 12:57
Hypermart, Cebu!:xxgrinning--00xx3: