PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance

andy222
2nd January 2014, 21:49
Question for you guys. Where can I get travel insurance for the Mrs and kid. From manila to LHR.? We have booked with PAL but for some reason they will not insure them within 30 days of travel. Yes I know I should have looked into it when I booked the flight.:doh

irishman12
2nd January 2014, 22:38
if you booked the flight with your credit card -doesnt it have some travel insurance coverage ? havent bothered with other travel insurance when going phils

Dedworth
2nd January 2014, 22:43
Have a look at this lot Andy - we had a claim efficiently dealt with a couple of years ago at the time it was their policy through Atlas Direct

http://www.aceinsure.com/travel/

andy222
2nd January 2014, 22:45
I booked with my visa card irishman I always do I dont think there is any difference. The bank will still fight your corner if something goes wrong with travel companies as I have found out in the past.

Michael Parnham
2nd January 2014, 22:46
You can do it for them through any UK broker on the internet on your wife's behalf Andy!

andy222
2nd January 2014, 22:47
Have a look at this lot Andy - we had a claim efficiently dealt with a couple of years ago at the time it was their policy through Atlas Direct

http://www.aceinsure.com/travel/
I have looked Ded thanks but it says nothing about one way travel.

andy222
2nd January 2014, 22:52
You can do it for them through any UK broker on the internet on your wife's behalf Andy!
I will look into it Michael cheers.:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Dedworth
2nd January 2014, 22:54
I have looked Ded thanks but it says nothing about one way travel.

I see the prob - non UK residents, single trip. This might be the answer

http://www.world-first.co.uk/home/travel-insurance/non-uk-residents.aspx

andy222
2nd January 2014, 23:00
That looks like just medical cover Ded. I am more worried about PAL cancelling the flight.

Dedworth
2nd January 2014, 23:07
That looks like just medical cover Ded. I am more worried about PAL cancelling the flight.

Your right, maybe this one it is an ACE Policy

http://www.worldwideinsure.com/single-trip-travel-insurance.htm

andy222
3rd January 2014, 07:41
£5.15 is that right Ded? No Ded its not a one way quote. Best to phone me thinks.

Michael Parnham
3rd January 2014, 08:02
When booking any travel insurance always be sure it covers you for repatriation in case you need a flight home in an emergency!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
3rd January 2014, 10:29
£5.15 is that right Ded? No Ded its not a one way quote. Best to phone me thinks.

Yes I'd give them a call - where did you get the £5.15 from ? Anyhow "if you don't ask you don't get" :smile:
Good luck

SimonH
3rd January 2014, 10:54
Excuse my ignorance Andy, but if it's just a one way flight why would you need travel insurance?

Michael Parnham
3rd January 2014, 11:53
Excuse my ignorance Andy, but if it's just a one way flight why would you need travel insurance?

I suppose Simon has a point, because when Maritess and I came to the UK we never insured Andy!:Erm:

marksroomspain
5th January 2014, 00:31

Andy he is right you dont really need travel insurance its just a 20 hour flight then bang there are here.

My wife travelled at nearly 35 weeks pregnant and I panicked like hell because I could not get cover regardless even without pregnancy.

A bit of apprehension buddy but trust the odds everything will be fine and when you meet them at the airport then all the stress and worry will have gone, trust me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
5th January 2014, 00:40
Personally I would NEVER travel without insurance. Too many things can go wrong as I found out when my brother was taken ill and then hospitalised whilst travelling.

Michael Parnham
12th November 2014, 15:14
With my current bank a/c I get free UK and Europe travel insurance on the strength that £745 is entered into the a/c monthly, I have been ringing round looking for a decent price with good cover inclusive of repatriation and after looking for a couple of hours reputable companies are charging in excess of £200 to £300 companies that I've never heard of are quoting an average of about £70 and that's for myself and Maritess for our trip to Philippines. I decided to ring my bank to ask if my travel insurance could be upgraded to worldwide and to my surprise for a mere £20 per annum we're covered for everything you could imagine and more with as many trips as we want as long as we don't exceed 31 days in any one trip. I'm now grinning like a Cheshire cat and well pleased, I only wish I'd have thought to ring them when first started giving the European cover :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
12th November 2014, 16:15
Michael, are you with Nationwide?

Michael Parnham
12th November 2014, 19:58
Michael, are you with Nationwide?

Yes we are, a couple of months ago they wanted us to upgrade our Flex a/c to Flex+ and that provided world wide travel so I was interested, after reading all the small print it meant that we would be paying £10 per month for the privilege plus a couple of other changes made us decide to stick with our normal Flex a/c and now it's proven to be the better than Flex+, so I'm pleased with everything being as it always was, I'd recommend Nationwide been with them over 10 years now and very happy with them, was with Nat West 40+ years and my reason for change was because it wasn't personal any more we were just a number! :xxgrinning--00xx3: