PDA

View Full Version : please need your advice

vbkelly
8th October 2007, 16:12
hi to everybody hopefully this is the right thread guys i need your advice please.

im planning to get my sister here as a nanny to my becoming baby,what documents i need to submit,and what kind of application form do i need to ask and how long the process will its take? thankyou in advance

ginapeterb
8th October 2007, 16:47
My advice is to ask your sister to apply for a visitors visa under the relative category, your sister would need to demonstrate that she can sustain her visit for up to 6 months without recourse to public funds.

You can search the UK Visa website for information about the categories in which an au pair can be allowed entry to the UK, if you wish your sister to be a ya ya, I know of one successful visa recently, where a sister has been allowed entry to UK for 6 months, thats a good start.

You may find getting your sister to UK to be a Childrens Nanny to prove difficult, but not impossible.

You would need to show that your sister can be accomodated at your home in her own room, plus to show what her salary would be.

I am afraid, I cannot be more help than that, perhaps one or two others on the forum may have gone through this and can shed more light.

andypaul
8th October 2007, 20:38
Im no expert but don't professional Childminders need in the UK some form of qualification?

hilda_danao
8th October 2007, 21:12
Hi vbkelly! :)
i remember i read in a filipino newspaper which i got from barrio fiesta sa london. if you want to get somebody from other countries to become a yaya or other domestic helpers, you have to prove that she has worked for you before you come here in UK. i can't remember exactly the details. sorry that's all i can remember. perhaps somebody here know more about it.

darren-b
9th October 2007, 07:40
Hi vbkelly! :)
i remember i read in a filipino newspaper which i got from barrio fiesta sa london. if you want to get somebody from other countries to become a yaya or other domestic helpers, you have to prove that she has worked for you before you come here in UK. i can't remember exactly the details. sorry that's all i can remember. perhaps somebody here know more about it.

This is if you are are applying for a visa as an overseas domestic worker (ie for someone who works for you in another country as a nanny, etc who you want to bring to the UK with you).

"You have been working as a domestic worker in the same house as your employer for at least one year immediately before your application, or you have been working in a household that your employer uses regularly for themselves for at least one year immediately before your application, and you can show that there is a connection between you and your employer. "

hilda_danao
9th October 2007, 09:01
oh i see. i thought it also means we can't hire domestic helpers who haven't worked for us. i think i got it wrong. sorry.

vbkelly
9th October 2007, 10:00
thankyou very,very much all of you guys