PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines trip

DaveW
25th December 2013, 13:53
Just back from Philippines and used Malaysia airlines for the first time.
I don't know if anybody else experienced this, but i found the crew quite rude and lazy.
Nothing like Singapore or Cathay who go out of their way to be nice friendly and helpful. I was quite shocked actually. The flight from London to KL was the worst. Brand new Airbus a380 and was quite shabby, even the tv screens in the headrest were crap.
Mid-flights snacks were only nuts, unlike Singapore or the others which give sandwich and cup noodles or chocolate bars if asked.
But like everything i am dictated by price, so i would fly again with them if need be. Plus i arrived everywhere on time.

Ako Si Jamie
25th December 2013, 14:36
The Thai crew on Kuwait Airlines were like that too.

RickyR
25th December 2013, 14:52
No experience with Malay, but Kuwait was so bad I forfeited my return flight and flew with another.

Terpe
25th December 2013, 15:06
Always had good experiences Malaysia Airlines. Must admit not been with them for some years though. Forewarned is forearmed ..............

Recently I've been sticking to Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines........price is a factor for me but not the major factor. I'd rather pay extra for shorter connecting times, excellent customer service, extra baggage etc.

I'm willing to give Philippine Airlines a chance though. Always impressed me when we used them from Japan to Philippines..

London_Manila
26th December 2013, 03:27
Just back from Philippines and used Malaysia airlines for the first time.
I don't know if anybody else experienced this, but i found the crew quite rude and lazy.
Nothing like Singapore or Cathay who go out of their way to be nice friendly and helpful. I was quite shocked actually. The flight from London to KL was the worst. Brand new Airbus a380 and was quite shabby, even the tv screens in the headrest were crap.
Mid-flights snacks were only nuts, unlike Singapore or the others which give sandwich and cup noodles or chocolate bars if asked.
But like everything i am dictated by price, so i would fly again with them if need be. Plus i arrived everywhere on time.

I used them a few years ago and found the cabin staff to be inattentive
I knocked over a drink on my table and a airline hostess who had clearly seen it happen just walked off in another direction.......

Cathay Pacific are the best in my view :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am trying Philippine Airlines soon so it will be interesting on what level of service they provide

tiger31
26th December 2013, 07:53
I used them a few years ago and found the cabin staff to be inattentive
I knocked over a drink on my table and a airline hostess who had clearly seen it happen just walked off in another direction.......

Cathay Pacific are the best in my view :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am trying Philippine Airlines soon so it will be interesting on what level of service they provide
if going by their short haul flights I would not fly with them no free drinks or snacks and the prices were a rip off i,m talking about PAL

grahamw48
26th December 2013, 12:16
I enjoyed my Etihad flight last year.

Spent a lot of time in the galley, chatting up the friendly hostesses. :biggrin:

I hope the experience is as good next month. :smile:

As I've previously posted, Malaysian Airlines were incredibly kind and attentive to my son, including moving him to first class.
The only airline I've ever felt moved to write a letter of thanks to. :smile: