PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Worrier . . .

IanB
5th October 2007, 18:25
Two days ago Mae was ill with a fever. This morning she texted me to say she was still ill. Ever since then I have sent her several texts with no reply, and I have tried to phone her but on the one occasion I got through she could not hear me and I can't be 100% sure it was her!

I expect she is in bed ill, and I know that reception is bad in her room. But that doesn't stop me from worrying. I may have only known Mae for a few weeks, but she is a wonderful woman who lights up my life every day when we chat for hours.

I hope she will be Ok tomorrow. In future i will try to get the number of her cousin who lives nearby.

Do I worry too much? :Help1:

Ian

andypaul
5th October 2007, 18:43
No not at all, if you were not worrying would have been more worrying if that makes sense.

I hope you can contact her soon and mae makes a speedy recovery.

bigtombowski
5th October 2007, 20:07
Two days ago Mae was ill with a fever. This morning she texted me to say she was still ill. Ever since then I have sent her several texts with no reply, and I have tried to phone her but on the one occasion I got through she could not hear me and I can't be 100% sure it was her!

I expect she is in bed ill, and I know that reception is bad in her room. But that doesn't stop me from worrying. I may have only known Mae for a few weeks, but she is a wonderful woman who lights up my life every day when we chat for hours.

I hope she will be Ok tomorrow. In future i will try to get the number of her cousin who lives nearby.

Ian

I can only say one thing...

awwwwwww

soooo sweet . . .

i SOOOO know your feelings, and you're not alone chap :D

Shifty-Sidney
5th October 2007, 20:30
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
To worry about her shows the type of person you are! dont pull yourself down because you are one of the few genuine blokes around.

IanB
6th October 2007, 00:28
I finally spoke to her just now. She is really ill - could not get out of bed yesterday. I have insisted that she calls her cousin and they both go to the private hospital right away. Obviously she is worried about the cost - which is so sad because she knows I wouldn't think twice about paying for her.

Hopefully it is only flu, but I have a feeling it might be malaria or dengue. Are they around in Angeles?

This is a really horrible feeling. I know she probably wont die, but she sounds so weak. I don't think I will sleep much tonight. :cwm34:

Ian

kimmi
6th October 2007, 04:13
dont worry too much Ian, I am sure she will be ok soon..:)

she's lucky to have u around and for us its better than any medicine we could buy in a pharmacy..

gracia143
6th October 2007, 04:26
I hope for your girl gets well soon...it is this time of year when people gets sick, it is the rainy season. I had a bout with flu too just last week and yes no one dies of cough and colds but it helps to see a doctor when symptom persists says the advert. Dengue is very common in some areas of the Philippines. I'm sure your girl is aware of that too. She is just so lucky to have you as her man. Keep it up!

gracia143
6th October 2007, 04:26
sorry about the typos i mean to say i hope your girl gets well pretty soon...

fred
6th October 2007, 04:48
Look..Im going to pass this on just in case it is Dengue..
Its a local remedy and a lot of people say it works..I dont know if it does or not but there is no harm in trying these things..Apparantly its to stop the blood platelets dropping..A Yank got dengue and was given this remedy and was out of hospital in just two days..
Actually..I just looked and the info I have is in PDF files.
Not really sure how to get them to you..Any ideas?

kimmi
6th October 2007, 04:57
on what Ive read u can get dengue through mosquito bites..when my niece got dengue last month she's not given any medicines..

fred
6th October 2007, 05:16
on what Ive read u can get dengue through mosquito bites..when my niece got dengue last month she's not given any medicines..

Its the only way to get it..Not your every day Mosquito though but rather a mozzy called Aedes egypti.
Best get the patient to hospital because if the platelet count drops too low then its blood transfusion time and only fresh blood will do.

gracia143
6th October 2007, 05:19
Its the only way to get it..Not your every day Mosquito though but rather a mozzy called Aedes egypti.
Best get the patient to hospital because if the platelet count drops too low then its blood transfusion time and only fresh blood will do.

Hey,hey, don't you think we're scaring him now?:Erm:

kimmi
6th October 2007, 05:19
I agree with u fred since they made a blood transfusion with my niece and the doctors tol dus its the only way to save her..

kimmi
6th October 2007, 05:21
yes Ate we may scare him, but at least prevention is better than cure at least Ian will also have an additional info on that a simple fever or flu can lead to something dangerous if not treated properly..

if ur gf still feel ill after a couple of days, it is the best for her to see a doctor to prescribe her the best medicine..our doctor always told us that if there's already a fever there something's wrong with ur body, it might be an inflammation or an infection..

gracia143
6th October 2007, 05:29
I understand Kim but was trying to make it lighter for him as I realized the thread was titled " A worrier":cwm34: but you and Fred are absolutely right, she should go to the hospital and have her blood check for any complications. It won't cost much I am sure.

fred
6th October 2007, 05:37
Two of my kids have had fevers a couple of times in the last few months..We took them to hospital and had them checked out..Just simple throat infections..
There can be many minor ailments that bring out a fever..Just always check out quickly what it is..

LEAHnew
6th October 2007, 05:38

Ian
Hi Ian you are really sweet and good idea to get the number of her cousin nearby. I can relate a bit when u mention about ill. But in my case...that time my Beb didn’t worry too much :doh coz he got my brother and one of my cousin contacts :xxgrinning--00xx3: so from them he knew my ill not that much serious just needed to take a long bed rest:)I hope Mae too:) We have a bad weather right now maybe that's the reason why she got ill...I hope she will be ok soon...She's from Angeles? is that somewhere in Pampanga? :)

fred
6th October 2007, 05:57
If anyone needs or wants to look over these natural plant remedies just leave or PM me your email and I`ll send you the files.

gracia143
6th October 2007, 06:00
If anyone needs or wants to look over these natural plant remedies just leave or PM me your email and I`ll send you the files.

I'm sure it's not cannabis Fred:D

bornatbirth
6th October 2007, 09:30
ian how can u worry to much?
u can never worry enough!

im sure shes fine but next time get the contact number of someone near her.

IanB
6th October 2007, 09:57
OK she's now at a hospital - Dayang Angeles Medical Centre? They think it is a throat infection, which would be good news, but they are taking blood tests for malaria and dengue. Apparently there is a lot of dengue about. She already sounds stronger and her cousin is with her. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It sounds expensive - 7000 pesos so far, so I will send her some money tomorrow. For now I am just so happy to hear her better!

Her cousin is too shy to speak English and so will not give me her number - I will have to work on that one!

A real thank you to all of you for your kind messages. It was a very worrying 24 hours!

Ian

fred
6th October 2007, 10:08
I'm sure it's not cannabis Fred:D

Grace..
I couldn't possibly comment.

Ian..
7.000PHP??
Ouch.

kimmi
6th October 2007, 10:10
its nice to hear that Mae was already in the hospital for the check up,well its good at least u know what causes her fever..I know how u feel Ian but trust me, here in the Philippines if a family or a relative is sick there's always a helping hand to make sure everything will be alright..:)

btw, fred can u share with me that herbal something?thanks..

andypaul
6th October 2007, 10:17
Glad you know she is and may she have a speedy recovery.

Im sure if you needed to translate or write anything in tagalog or any other phill lanugae im sure somone on here could assit.

Her cousin may finding speakin and understanding spoken English very hard but maybe able to understand far better written english as long as the englsih is very formal no slang but with a biased to more american versions of words.

andypaul
6th October 2007, 10:26
I finally spoke to her just now. She is really ill - could not get out of bed yesterday. I have insisted that she calls her cousin and they both go to the private hospital right away. Obviously she is worried about the cost - which is so sad because she knows I wouldn't think twice about paying for her.

Hopefully it is only flu, but I have a feeling it might be malaria or dengue. Are they around in Angeles?

This is a really horrible feeling. I know she probably wont die, but she sounds so weak. I don't think I will sleep much tonight. :cwm34:

Ian

One to remeber is things that sound horrific to us are not so bad to people native to phill. I remeber my Wife having her first proper uk cold/flu here in the UK really knocked her for six everyone else in the my brit family and friends who suffered the same bug (we presume) carried on as normal.

Last year a BBC programe showed a uk reporter traveling around the equator and he caught malria and all the locals were joking that they are used to it and just like a bad cold to them.

So im soon your girlfriend will be back to normal:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th October 2007, 11:10
i'm sure your g/f will be fine.. at least shes in the right place now...

7000php is about right for a private hospital, could be more than double that for perpetual hospital, depending on length of stay and treatment

thats the thing when you don't have insurance, risk of a big pay out at once if you don't have insurance.. earlier this year, i paid £600 for a 30 minute op for my dog, total cost £900 :bigcry:, i'm still paying my credit card off. :bigcry:

fred
6th October 2007, 11:56
Kimmi..You will have to PM me your email so I can attach the files.

kimmi
6th October 2007, 12:04
alright Fred..thanks..:)

cinmickey28
6th October 2007, 13:56
Yes whenever in the family is having a very high fever, specially on and off we are boiling a natural plant too as we believe that it will be helping blood platelets dropping if in case it is a Dengue Fever. Some of my friends who have been caught by Dengue testifies its effective. In Cebu, we call it “mangagaw”. It is a very common plant here and it is even very effective if you have eye sore just have to cut its stem and drop its milky like juice to your eyes.

gracia143
6th October 2007, 14:04
Grace..
I couldn't possibly comment.

Ian..
7.000PHP??
Ouch.

kidding Fred but seriously in my dialect the plant is called "tawa-tawa":xxgrinning--00xx3:, but i am sure it is not dengue and glad that she is on the road to recovery now...

cinmickey28
6th October 2007, 14:11
Yes Gracia "tawa-tawa" in my mothers place in Cagayan. In Cebu it's "Mangagaw". Might be a different name is Luzon area then!

gracia143
6th October 2007, 14:13
Yes Gracia "tawa-tawa" in my mothers place in Cagayan. In Cebu it's "Mangagaw". Might be a different name is Luzon area then!

I heard that apple juice helps a lot too...and maybe some other fruit juices...Kulba man nang dengue oy!

cinmickey28
6th October 2007, 14:27
Nice to hear then hat apple juice helps as my son loves it so less worry then..... bitaw kulba gyud lagi, I just went to doctor this morning to taking my son as he starts to cough and I have learn that Dengue is high tech already as it goes with other illness too unlike before that it dont. So doctors here always recommend for a monitored CBC test to be safe.

andypaul
6th October 2007, 15:02
Out of intrest whats a CBC test?

gracia143
6th October 2007, 15:18
It's complete blood count

cinmickey28
6th October 2007, 15:26
A CBC test means COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT. Its includes White blood cell (WBC, leukocyte) count, White blood cell types (WBC differential), Red blood cell (RBC) count, Hematocrit (HCT, packed cell volume, PCV),Platelet (thrombocyte) count, Hemoglobin (Hgb) and Red blood cell indices.

IanB
6th October 2007, 19:49
As a matter of interest, how much might medical insurance cost in the Philippines? Where would you buy it?

Ian

andypaul
6th October 2007, 19:58
Some of the remittance companies i noticed have medical insurance plans advertised on their websites. How good they are i dont know.

gracia143
7th October 2007, 03:52
As a matter of interest, how much might medical insurance cost in the Philippines? Where would you buy it?

Ian

Phil Health-- if she is presently employed it is easily attainable. If she doesn't work she can be a self-paying member. Monthly remittance won't cost much. Tell her to visit any regional offices for more info Ian, hope this helps.

IanB
7th October 2007, 11:52
Thank you all for your lovely posts. Mae is much better today. All the blood tests were clear, so its just a very nasty throat infection. She's on antibiotics and her cousin will stay with her for a week.

Just makes it all the more clear I need to speed up my divorce (she left me, by the way!), and get out there as soon as my credit card allows to be with Mae at last.

Thanks again!

Ian

IanB
11th October 2007, 19:03
I should not really be like this. But again, this morning, Mae asked me to call her but her phone was off at the time we agreed. Since then she has not answered her phone or any of my text messages.

Given that last time this happened she was ill, I suppose its OK to worry. I know she loves me and she is not the kind of person to do this without a good reason. So what good reason can there be? On the other hand, what bad reason can there be? It is so hard being this far apart and I should not be so obsessed with talking to her every day - but I do enjoy it and so does she.

She is looking for work at the moment, so is probably out and about. I just hope she does not do anything silly.

Ian - paranoid android -

By the way I received a lovely card from her in the post today. She sent it as a surprise - when I asked her to write she simply said she would get around to it! A lovely lady and a lovely surprise.

IanB
12th October 2007, 10:37
Guilty! I am a worrier! spoke to Mae this morning. Yesterday she went to town and left her mobile at home. when she got back she sent me a text but I did not get it. this has happened before. She is a wonderful woman and i miss her!

Ian

joebloggs
12th October 2007, 10:49
:doh your turning us all into worriers :cwm24:, and if anyone wants advice on it, ask me, i've had a lifetime of it :xxgrinning--00xx3:, but 90% of it nevers happens, so you don't need to worry about anything :rolleyes:

LEAHnew
12th October 2007, 10:56
Hi Ian ahmmm...good reasons? maybe she lost her mobile :NoNo:or busy at home:)
By the way it's holiday today (Muslim Feast Ramadan)...
You didn't answer my question before I asked if she's in Angeles Pampanga?
If it's in Pampanga which is famous in many lights I mean Christmas light... selling lanterns on the street:):Hellooo::Hellooo:I will be coming there soon to buy christmas decor and big 'Parol':BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

LEAHnew
12th October 2007, 11:01
Guilty! I am a worrier! spoke to Mae this morning. Yesterday she went to town and left her mobile at home. when she got back she sent me a text but I did not get it. this has happened before. She is a wonderful woman and i miss her!

Ian

Oh nice to hear that my ISP works slow didn't read ur post when i posted my reply:doh Don't worry be happy everything will be fine:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tonet
12th October 2007, 11:19

they didnt give her any medication? dengue is fatal, my brother almost die coz of it, if we were delayed by just 12 hrs sending him to hospital, he could have been dead by now baka hindi dengue yung sa niece mo

kimmi
12th October 2007, 13:47
its dengue sis Tonet, docs told us she shouldnt have any meds under observation lang..

puro tests and cbc..

LEAHnew
12th October 2007, 14:09
Hi sis kimmi wanna join? buy tayo ng parol sa pampanga yung many lights and big..cheap lang daw dun:)

kimmi
12th October 2007, 14:13
musta ka na sis leah?when are u going there?

LEAHnew
12th October 2007, 14:16
Sana before christmas hehehe...ikaw ba naka buy na ng decor?

kimmi
12th October 2007, 14:28
he he he he..before pasko ng pagkabuhay?balak ko nga padalhan si Clive eh..

IanB
12th October 2007, 15:03
Yes, its Angeles Pampanga. Not the nicest place in the world from what I've heard, but she is a sensible lady and seems to be in a nice safe job.

Sorry to get everyone worrying with me! And sincere thanks for your kind messages.

Ian

gracia143
12th October 2007, 15:30
Yes, its Angeles Pampanga. Not the nicest place in the world from what I've heard, but she is a sensible lady and seems to be in a nice safe job.

Sorry to get everyone worrying with me! And sincere thanks for your kind messages.

Ian

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Glad she is ok though...

andypaul
12th October 2007, 18:17

Ian

The missu and I when we were apart were both gulity of this, horrible at the time then later its a :doh moment.

Just shows what she means to you