PDA

View Full Version : first time lady dentist

tiger31
10th December 2013, 11:26
well after suffering from toothache for 3 days I could,nt take it anymore and decided it had to come out .so I googled dentist in bacolod and just turned up at their place ,first thing I was taken aback when the dentist turned out to be a lady lol .The place looked clean and tidy 2 cubicles ,so not very big but she spoke english o.k .so got an x-ray done to make sure no problem with it coming out but I needed 4 shots to numb my gum .she got to work boy did it hurt my g.f was holding my hand after she saw tears running down ma cheek like a big baby hahaha .Anyway she got it out thank god no more pain and the bill came to just 900 pesos = 12.50 not bad lol

grahamw48
10th December 2013, 12:00
My experience with Phils dentists has been really good, and yes, cheap.

One was a lady too. I could have sat in that seat with her fiddling with me all day. :icon_lol:

tiger31
10th December 2013, 12:16

One was a lady too. I could have sat in that seat with her fiddling with me all day. :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
10th December 2013, 12:23
The dentists I had in the Philippines are all ladies. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
10th December 2013, 12:44
The dentists I had in the Philippines are all ladies. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

well to be honest I thought she might struggle to get this molar out ,because the last guy who was bulgarian really struggled to get another of my teeth out over an hour in fact lol.but this girl was quite well built lol and had muscles in all the wrong places hahahaha

KeithD
10th December 2013, 12:54
A previous lady dentist of mine in the UK broke my tooth off.:doh I'm still waiting for a repair years later.

grahamw48
10th December 2013, 14:15
A previous lady dentist of mine in the UK broke my tooth off.:doh I'm still waiting for a repair years later.

I had the same dismal experience. She ruined some perfectly good teeth. It was all about the money. :NoNo:

lordna
10th December 2013, 15:20
Last time i was in Tacloban a lady dentist repaired one of my fillings (front tooth) . Did a great job and it was also very cheap.

Michael Parnham
10th December 2013, 21:29

Are you sure it was your teeth she was fiddling with Graham!:laugher::laugher:

stevewool
10th December 2013, 21:43
Ems say to me to wait and get a new tooth in the phils when we are there, but i hate going to the dentist, but you have given me hope Graham, , i may put my false tooth on my lap when i sit there will she fiddle with it there do you think

grahamw48
10th December 2013, 22:33
Ems say to me to wait and get a new tooth in the phils when we are there, but i hate going to the dentist, but you have given me hope Graham, , i may put my false tooth on my lap when i sit there will she fiddle with it there do you think

You're going to get a smacked bottom off your Ems. :icon_lol: :action-smiley-081:

tiger31
11th December 2013, 00:20

I hope she gives you a slap on the coupon after reading that :biggrin:

KeithD
12th December 2013, 10:18
:biggrin:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v0S3C84K1UU/TayfcnXZZLI/AAAAAAAAbgw/EWarxOC7NIY/s640/swindon-dentist-funny.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/60840719/original.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/fd/53/61/fd536168c9e3dba25740a18704c703de.jpg

grahamw48
12th December 2013, 11:50
Hahahaha ! :icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
12th December 2013, 12:50
I had a lady dentist for the best part of 15 years.... I used to work next door to my dentist so kept regular visits.. since changing job 9 years ago I have only been once....
When I made the appointment they asked the name of my dentist, I was polity told.... erm... she left 7 years ago, you need to re-register here!
I hate dentists and will only go now if my teeth are in agony!!! But at that price I would go a lot more!

Terpe
12th December 2013, 20:13

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v0S3C84K1UU/TayfcnXZZLI/AAAAAAAAbgw/EWarxOC7NIY/s640/swindon-dentist-funny.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/60840719/original.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/fd/53/61/fd536168c9e3dba25740a18704c703de.jpg

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

sars_notd_virus
13th December 2013, 13:48
Male Dentist for me in the Philippines.....but i am scheduled for a dental hygienist (january 2014/UK) which happens to be a female ..flippin scared :yikes: dunno ..we'll see :biggrin:

KeithD
13th December 2013, 23:57
I just got a letter from my dentist asking why I didn't attend the appointment last week that they never told me I had :Erm: :crazy:

grahamw48
14th December 2013, 02:14
Mine send me reminder texts....a good thing too. :cwm25:

nigelmac
17th February 2014, 08:52
I dread going to the dentist, but a female dentist may well help me take my mind of things and give me something to look at apart from the ceiling lol

grahamw48
17th February 2014, 11:24
I had to get my eyes tested a few weeks ago.

The optician lady was young and gorgeous. :cwm24:

She had to spend lots of time leaning across me with her face about an inch from mine, perfuming wafting, while she peered into my eyes...which soon seemed to become glazed and unfocused. :Cuckoo:

Terpe
17th February 2014, 11:40
I had to get my eyes tested a few weeks ago.

The optician lady was young and gorgeous. :cwm24:

She had to spend lots of time leaning across me with her face about an inch from mine, perfuming wafting, while she peered into my eyes...which soon seemed to become glazed and unfocused. :Cuckoo:

Luckily no halitosis issues then .........unlike my recent eye test :doh

grahamw48
17th February 2014, 11:55
No, none at all.

What was curious, was that she was a Muslim lady. :Erm:

Michael Parnham
17th February 2014, 12:25
I had a beautiful Muslim student at the dental hospital last time I had a check up, and I said to her that it was the most erotic experience I'd ever had, I'm going again this Thursday for some treatment with the same student. Looking forward to that!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
17th February 2014, 12:48
These days I get almost all my dental work done in Philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Same goes for eye tests....although I've noticed the frames are getting more expensive than many in UK

Slip
17th February 2014, 13:29
should've had the dentist today.. decided the £500 was better spent elsewhere so cancelled

gWaPito
18th February 2014, 00:02
I had a beautiful Muslim student at the dental hospital last time I had a check up, and I said to her that it was the most erotic experience I'd ever had, I'm going again this Thursday for some treatment with the same student. Looking forward to that!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sounds right up my street that Michael:xxgrinning--00xx3: You dont always have to go the whole hog to get the best experience :sexy_146:

joebloggs
18th February 2014, 00:30
should've had the dentist today.. decided the £500 was better spent elsewhere so cancelled

my female dentsit quit after having a baby, they replaced her with another female dentist young and stunning :biggrin:

£500, what was you having done, i just had an xray, crown fitted, a filling and scale and polish for £214 on the nhs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
18th February 2014, 00:58
my female dentsit quit after having a baby, they replaced her with another female dentist young and stunning :biggrin:

£500, what was you having done, i just had an xray, crown fitted, a filling and scale and polish for £214 on the nhs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

In my experience, you dont get the same quailty as private. When was the last time you had treatment for whitening?

nigelmac
18th February 2014, 04:53
just a quick question guys if you have some dental surgery do get done ie Implants etc would you recommend the Philippines over Thailand cost versus quality results etc have any of you had any experience?

joebloggs
18th February 2014, 07:22
In my experience, you dont get the same quailty as private. When was the last time you had treatment for whitening?

quality :Erm: i've got a couple of crowns that i had done well over 20yrs ago on the NHS :wink:

whitening? isn't that soap you get in the phils :cwm25: gWaPito i'm from :censored: Salford and not that vain :xxparty-smiley-004:

gWaPito
18th February 2014, 11:05
You must have a better dentist than what I had.
I remember my NHS dentist wasn't keen on 'wasting' pain killing injections.

jake
18th February 2014, 11:14
You must have a better dentist than what I used to have.
I remember my NHS dentist was keen on 'wasting' pain killing injections.

When i was a teenager my NHS dentist filled as many teeth as possible. Years later i found out there was nothing wrong with my teeth. Greed :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
18th February 2014, 11:57
Sounds right up my street that Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3: You dont always have to go the whole hog to get the best experience :sexy_146:

Naughty boy! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

joebloggs
18th February 2014, 19:20

When i was a teenager my NHS dentist filled as many teeth as possible. Years later i found out there was nothing wrong with my teeth. Greed :cwm25:

i think that might also be true for me when i was a lot younger :cwm24:

I'm sure there are many private dentists who carry out unnecessary work but charge you a lot more than an NHS dentist :mad:

gWaPito
18th February 2014, 19:53
i think that might also be true for me when i was alot younger :cwm24:

I'm sure there are many private dentists who carry out unnecessary work but charge you a lot more than an NHS dentist :mad:

In December just gone...Examination £36. Scale and polish £53, X-rays x 4 £40, Filling £122.50, Root filling £400, Crown replacement £600. Admittingly I hadn't been to my dentist for 2 years, I didn't expect all that although, the crown was expected. That's the reason I went there in the first place :doh

Dedworth
18th February 2014, 19:54
i think that might also be true for me when i was alot younger :cwm24:

I'm sure there are many private dentists who carry out unnecessary work but charge you a lot more than a NHS dentist :mad:

There needs to be more checks and scrutiny of NHS Dentists :-

How Birmingham dentist fleeced NHS of £1.4m

Scam artist Joyce Trail is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence after being found guilty of fraud - and she has now been struck off the register by the General Dental Council.

The GDC's Professional Conduct Committee heard that between April 2006 and March 2009, she submitted a staggering 7,141 fraudulent claims for payment to the NHS.

These included:

Pain treatment for patients she had not treated
Fitting dentures to people who did not need them
Fitting dentures to people who were not entitled to have their treatment paid for by the NHS
Provision of dentures to people who, it turned out, were dead

In total, £1,376,423 was paid to Trail that she was not entitled to.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2013-10-18/rogue-dentist-struck-off/

gWaPito
18th February 2014, 19:57
Fleecing amongst dentists must be a common trait :mad:

stevewool
18th February 2014, 20:49
i hate going to the dentist, anyone can come and hold my hand anytime, its from the school days when it was a production line, and the gas they gave you then, then waking up with a mouthful of cotton wool, :censored::censored::censored::censored: bad days

gWaPito
18th February 2014, 21:01
i hate going to the dentist, anyone can come and hold my hand anytime, its from the school days when it was a production line, and the gas they gave you then, then waking up with a mouthful of cotton wool, :censored::censored::censored::censored: bad days

That's why we went private. I remember a boy dying in the chair with too much gas. I had the same dentist. He was never struck off :NoNo:
I had a fear of not waking up...I had nightmares the night before I had to see him, I remember being sick as well. At least he gave me the insentive to look after my teeth

joebloggs
18th February 2014, 21:32
In December just gone...Examination £36. Scale and polish £53, X-rays x 4 £40, Filling £122.50, Root filling £400, Crown replacement £600. Admittedly I hadn't been to my dentist for 2 years, I didn't expect all that although, the crown was expected. That's the reason I went there in the first place :doh

i had not been to the dentist for about 2yrs too, i had done near enough the same as you, and like i said it cost me £214, i would never go private, :NoNo:

That's why we went private. I remember a boy dying in the chair with too much gas. I had the same dentist. He was never struck off :NoNo:

I had a fear of not waking up...I had nightmares the night before I had to see him, I remember being sick as well. At least he gave me the incentive to look after my teeth

gas, you must be talking about 30yrs go :yikes:, always use to make me sick :cwm24:

these days they can put a numbing gel on your gum so you shouldn't feel much :wink:

stevewool
18th February 2014, 21:34
Ems says wait till we go to the phils to get my teeth sorted but lets see,

jake
19th February 2014, 08:20

Will you have any left in another 5 years :biggrin:

gWaPito
19th February 2014, 10:54
i had not been to the dentist for about 2yrs too, i had done near enough the same as you, and like i said it cost me £214, i would never go private, :NoNo:

gas, you must be talking about 30yrs ago :yikes:, always use to make me sick :cwm24:

these days they can put a numbing gel on your gum so you shouldn't feel much :wink:

I'm talking about when I was in junior school in the 60s :xxgrinning--00xx3: I was sick with fear. Fear of dying in the chair. Folks didn't complain as much in those days.

Terpe
19th February 2014, 11:30
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9PPB4BVN-zM4_vb3ljO3KbNAZbGSzoIN3oWw2oVtTK6z2FopM

gWaPito
19th February 2014, 11:55

I wouldnt delay putting off dental problems :NoNo: Its been proven that non-action and delay will and can cause ill health throughout the body, even leading to premature death.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/features/your-guide-gum-disease

tiger31
19th February 2014, 18:06
In December just gone...Examination £36. Scale and polish £53, X-rays x 4 £40, Filling £122.50, Root filling £400, Crown replacement £600. Admittedly I hadn't been to my dentist for 2 years, I didn't expect all that although, the crown was expected. That's the reason I went there in the first place :doh

blimey mark you could have got all that done in the philippines had a holiday too and still come back with change lol

grahamw48
19th February 2014, 18:21
blimey mark you could have got all that done in the philippines had a holiday too and still come back with change lol

Too damned right you could ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
19th February 2014, 22:02
In December just gone...Examination £36. Scale and polish £53, X-rays x 4 £40, Filling £122.50, Root filling £400, Crown replacement £600. Admittingly I hadn't been to my dentist for 2 years, I didn't expect all that although, the crown was expected. That's the reason I went there in the first place :doh

I'm with Denplan and pay a twenty odd quid monthly premium - I last had unwanted, unexpected bills like this 17 years ago.

stevewool
19th February 2014, 22:06
Will you have any left in another 5 years :biggrin:

i hope so, i can always put them in my pocket to keep safe :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

gWaPito
19th February 2014, 22:53
I'm with Denplan and pay a twenty odd quid monthly premium - I last had unwanted, unexpected bills like this 17 years ago.

Yep, me too. ..in fact it was longer. We took out Denplan back in the early 90s when we first went private.

I only cancelled it 2 years ago. .I was trying to reduce my outgoings :cwm25: I had a big spender sat at home
:cwm25::cwm25::cwm25:

I was paying £21 pm. Over the 2 years all that work I've just had done would of set me back £500 ...pig sick or what! !!.

Dedworth
19th February 2014, 23:03
A choker Gwap :bigcry:

marksroomspain
19th February 2014, 23:16

I had a Maryland crown done 2 years ago price was £550 but even though an NHS dentist they wouldn't cover that, so as my dentist also done private work it was the only way :yikes:

gWaPito
19th February 2014, 23:17
A choker Gwap :bigcry:
Yeah well get this, that isn't the worst of it. I need an implant as well..The base where the crown sat is shot...that's gonna set me back a further £2300. ......2013 wasn't a particularly good year. I'm well choked up :bigcry::cwm23::bigcry::doh I can't believe it

Dedworth
19th February 2014, 23:58
Yeah well get this, that isn't the worst of it. I need an implant as well..The base where the crown sat is shot...that's gonna set me back a further £2300. ......2013 wasn't a particularly good year. I'm well choked up :bigcry::cwm23::bigcry::doh I can't believe it

Sounds like a dental holiday to the Philippines is called for

grahamw48
20th February 2014, 11:55
Agree.

I had a set of seven teeth made for the ex, early on in our relationship. It cost peanuts compared to here, and the work was all carried out very professionally.

(I didn't have the heart to ask for them back after we split).

gWaPito
20th February 2014, 13:35
Agree.

I had a set of seven teeth made for the ex, early on in our relationship. It cost peanuts compared to here, and the work was all carried out very professionally.

(I didn't have the heart to ask for them back after we split).

:icon_lol:

gWaPito
20th February 2014, 13:41
I had a Maryland crown done 2 years ago price was £550 but even though an NHS dentist they wouldn't cover that, so as my dentist also done private work it was the only way :yikes:

Is that the Maryland cookie version Mark ?:biggrin:

They've got us over a barrel. I've got the funds to go out there now. .even work have said if I want to take a month's vacation now I can ..but, I don't wanna miss not having my boys each week. ..:Rasp::cwm25: Can't believe it.
I suppose the treatment and savings will justify it. ...I'll have to sleep on this for a week. :doh....you lot putting ideas in my head!!

Dedworth
20th February 2014, 13:43
Just had a check up with my man - top fella he runs his practice with his dentist wife and one of their kids is at Dental School. They've not taken on new NHS patients for a long while. I've been with him about 20 years when he split away from the outfit he was working for. A very wealthy family.

Doc Alan
20th February 2014, 21:55
Just over 2/5 of Britain’s 40,000 dentists are female, although 9/10 of the 60,000 dental care professionals - like hygienists and nurses - are female.

They must all be registered with the General Dental Council ( GDC ) to work in the UK. The GDC is independent of the Government and NHS, and its role is to protect dental patients. Of course each dental practice has its own complaint procedure, and if you’re still unhappy, further help is available - the buck stops with the GDC.

There are probably a similar number of dentists in the Philippines ( World Health Organization estimate ) but I’m unaware of the proportions of females : males. They are regulated and registered with the Philippine Professional Regulation Commission and are members of the Philippine Dental Association. The Philippines does seem to have a good reputation for quality dental care at much lower cost than that in the UK.

Here in the UK it may indeed be hard to find NHS dental services. Before ANY dental professional carries out work, in UK or Philippines, they should take a full medical history and after examining your mouth, give you a treatment plan and estimate of how much any work will cost, in writing. Especially for visiting " dental tourists ", a time for treatment is vital.

The trend – for many years now – is for “ conservative dentistry “. If you have a choice, it’s better to conserve teeth than agree to extraction ( and perhaps dentures or other expensive treatment ).

The cost of dental treatment does vary according to where you live, as well as how complicated the treatment is and whether any laboratory work is involved. While NHS costs are set each year by each of the four UK departments of health, dental fees in the private sector vary widely. There are no official guidelines for what private dentistry may cost.

If you are registered as an NHS patient, you are entitled to emergency treatment within 24 hours, and private dentists have a duty to provide similar cover. It’s vital to give informed consent to treatment - in UK or the Philippines - which includes understanding possible complications, and what follow up is available.

Almost all adults - and at least 2/5 schoolchildren - worldwide have dental cavities. Severe periodontal ( gum ) disease affects up to a fifth of middle-aged adults.

The aim of regular ( at least once a year ) check ups is to achieve good oral health, as part of general health and quality of life. This isn’t just freedom from tooth decay and gum disease, with the pain they cause, but also infections, sores, mouth and throat cancer.

Of course this is costly, and it’s a matter of opinion – and luck - whether it will be better to “ pay as you go “, or take out a monthly policy such as the UK’s “ Denplan “.

A link between oral health, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and other conditions does exist. However, they have common risk factors such as age, family history, male sex, ethnicity ( which can’t be changed ), socioeconomic status, high cholesterol, and lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol excess, obesity. Indeed, the evidence for oral disease CAUSING disease elsewhere in the body is unconvincing. Stress through unexpectedly high dental charges may well be a contributory factor, however !

Part of their training includes good communication skills, so the majority of dental professionals do realise that most people don’t enjoy visiting their practices. But good oral hygiene, fluoridated water / toothpaste, and check ups at reasonable intervals should ensure that the pain ( real and financial ) is minimised :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/01/25085008/1

http://www.healthcosts.wales.nhs.uk/nhs-dental-charges

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/dentists

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/gum-disease-and-overall-health.aspx

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/125/20/2520.full?sid=c420bd96-4345-4908-ab65-649c64abed96

http://www.gdc-uk.org/Newsandpublications/Publications/Publications/Smile%20FINAL%20Dec%202010.pdf

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs318/en/

Dedworth
20th February 2014, 22:11
Good write up Doc :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th February 2014, 22:16
another great read Alan,

joebloggs
20th February 2014, 23:19
Sounds like a dental holiday to the Philippines is called for

i know someone who goes to Hungary for most of their treatment, it looks like some Brits have been going for years :cwm25:

Just had a check up with my man - top fella he runs his practice with his dentist wife and one of their kids is at Dental School. They've not taken on new NHS patients for a long while. I've been with him about 20 years when he split away from the outfit he was working for. A very wealthy family.

dedworth why is it ok for dentist to charge a lot of money for treatment, and the guys a topman, but when it comes to doctors in your eyes their money grabbers :NoNo:

what double standards you have :wink:

marksroomspain
20th February 2014, 23:41
Is that the Maryland cookie version Mark ?:biggrin:

Maybe if I'd kept off the cookies this wouldn't have happened :laugher:

But seriously, you're right Mark they have us shafted, even Jamie my wife said at a top dental clinic in the Phils it would of been around 15,000 pesos max so just over £200 and at other dentists maybe a third of that, god I know where to go next time :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
21st February 2014, 08:32
Thanks Dedworth and Stevewool :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have added separate links for dental treatment in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

gWaPito
21st February 2014, 10:53
Good write up Doc :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Likewise :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well worth the rep I've sent :heartshape1:

Michael Parnham
21st February 2014, 12:22
This
Just over 2/5 of Britain’s 40,000 dentists are female, although 9/10 of the 60,000 dental care professionals - like hygienists and nurses - are female.

They must all be registered with the General Dental Council ( GDC ) to work in the UK. The GDC is independent of the Government and NHS, and its role is to protect dental patients. Of course each dental practice has its own complaint procedure, and if you’re still unhappy, further help is available - the buck stops with the GDC.

There are probably a similar number of dentists in the Philippines ( World Health Organization estimate ) but I’m unaware of the proportions of females : males. They are regulated and registered with the Philippine Professional Regulation Commission and are members of the Philippine Dental Association. The Philippines does seem to have a good reputation for quality dental care at much lower cost than that in the UK.

Here in the UK it may indeed be hard to find NHS dental services. Before ANY dental professional carries out work, in UK or Philippines, they should take a full medical history and after examining your mouth, give you a treatment plan and estimate of how much any work will cost, in writing. Especially for visiting " dental tourists ", a time for treatment is vital.

The trend – for many years now – is for “ conservative dentistry “. If you have a choice, it’s better to conserve teeth than agree to extraction ( and perhaps dentures or other expensive treatment ).

The cost of dental treatment does vary according to where you live, as well as how complicated the treatment is and whether any laboratory work is involved. While NHS costs are set each year by each of the four UK departments of health, dental fees in the private sector vary widely. There are no official guidelines for what private dentistry may cost.

If you are registered as an NHS patient, you are entitled to emergency treatment within 24 hours, and private dentists have a duty to provide similar cover. It’s vital to give informed consent to treatment - in UK or the Philippines - which includes understanding possible complications, and what follow up is available.

Almost all adults - and at least 2/5 schoolchildren - worldwide have dental cavities. Severe periodontal ( gum ) disease affects up to a fifth of middle-aged adults.

The aim of regular ( at least once a year ) check ups is to achieve good oral health, as part of general health and quality of life. This isn’t just freedom from tooth decay and gum disease, with the pain they cause, but also infections, sores, mouth and throat cancer.

Of course this is costly, and it’s a matter of opinion – and luck - whether it will be better to “ pay as you go “, or take out a monthly policy such as the UK’s “ Denplan “.

A link between oral health, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and other conditions does exist. However, they have common risk factors such as age, family history, male sex, ethnicity ( which can’t be changed ), socioeconomic status, high cholesterol, and lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol excess, obesity. Indeed, the evidence for oral disease CAUSING disease elsewhere in the body is unconvincing. Stress through unexpectedly high dental charges may well be a contributory factor, however !

Part of their training includes good communication skills, so the majority of dental professionals do realise that most people don’t enjoy visiting their practices. But good oral hygiene, fluoridated water / toothpaste, and check ups at reasonable intervals should ensure that the pain ( real and financial ) is minimised :xxgrinning--00xx3: !

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/01/25085008/1

http://www.healthcosts.wales.nhs.uk/nhs-dental-charges

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/dentists

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/gum-disease-and-overall-health.aspx

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/125/20/2520.full?sid=c420bd96-4345-4908-ab65-649c64abed96

http://www.gdc-uk.org/Newsandpublications/Publications/Publications/Smile%20FINAL%20Dec%202010.pdf

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs318/en/

This should keep everyone smiling :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Alan!

Dedworth
21st February 2014, 12:58
i know someone who goes to Hungary for most of their treatment, it looks like some Brits have been going for years :cwm25:

dedworth why is it ok for dentist to charge a lot of money for treatment, and the guys a topman, but when it comes to doctors in your eyes their money grabbers :NoNo:

what double standards you have :wink:

Freedom of choice Joe :wink: I choose to spend some of my hard earned taxed income on private dental & medical cover. I also do a spot of business with my dentist :biggrin:

gWaPito
21st February 2014, 18:25
:laugher: That's my 2nd laugh of the day. ..the 1st was reading Mark's reply here.

joebloggs
22nd February 2014, 20:15
Freedom of choice Joe :wink: I choose to spend some of my hard earned taxed income on private dental & medical cover. I also do a spot of business with my dentist :biggrin:

must be nice to have a freedom of choice, you :furious3: about doctors getting paid for doing extra work yet you're paying them by going private :crazy: double standards :cwm25:

dedworth where do these 'private' doctors send you if they :censored:? back to the NHS :biggrin: