PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Yorkshire Mahalika Filipino club, friends and P and O

bod
8th December 2013, 22:58
Well done to all those who attended the party on the P and O Pride of Bruges, we are still working out the total raised but it looks to be around £1000! which will be given to DEC to help in the Philippines.

My wife has some more of the charity tee shirts available, over 1000 sold so far, I think the total sold for Europe is about 15000! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
9th December 2013, 00:02
Thanks for letting us know.

Well done to all concerned. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
9th December 2013, 12:46
Thanks for letting us know.

Well done to all concerned. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll second that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
9th December 2013, 14:47
Congratulations and well done indeed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
9th December 2013, 22:08
Well done - was it a good session on the ship? Did you go to R'dam or Zeebrugge?

bod
9th December 2013, 23:04
Well done - was it a good session on the ship? Did you go to R'dam or Zeebrugge?
Just Hull! The crew is 75% Pinoy, P and O let groups on board for functions. As the crew live on the ship 24/7 they like to get then involved with other Filipino groups.
The duty free shop was open for Christmas shopping and a Fillipino meal was served in the restaurant, the ships band played in the show lounge followed by local talents singing and a raffle.
The total raised was £1269.70 (P and O reduced their costs as a donation which tipped it over the £1000 ) this money will be sent to the Philippines via DEC. It's a great venue and a little different to the usual pub/working men's clubs that these events are usually held at, plus I managed to get quite a bit of Christmas shopping done.
Thanks again to all those who attended and helped this good cause!

Dedworth
9th December 2013, 23:23
Just Hull! The crew is 75% Pinoy, P and O let groups on board for functions. As the crew live on the ship 24/7 they like to get then involved with other Filipino groups.
The duty free shop was open for Christmas shopping and a Fillipino meal was served in the restaurant, the ships band played in the show lounge followed by local talents singing and a raffle.
The total raised was £1269.70 (P and O reduced their costs as a donation which tipped it over the £1000 ) this money will be sent to the Philippines via DEC. It's a great venue and a little different to the usual pub/working men's clubs that these events are usually held at, plus I managed to get quite a bit of Christmas shopping done.
Thanks again to all those who attended and helped this good cause!

Sounds good !

I think if I worked on those ships 24/7 I'd be happy to stay aboard rather than set foot in Hull :biggrin:

grahamw48
10th December 2013, 01:03
Sounds good !

I think if I worked on those ships 24/7 I'd be happy to stay aboard rather than set foot in Hull :biggrin:

Hahaha ! :laugher:

It does have some nice parts though, to be fair. :wink: