PDA

View Full Version : sending money from pnb europe uk to phil

imagine
8th December 2013, 13:14
it seems to read that pnb europe, is only meant to be used to send money from uk to phil,when your actualy in uk,

has anyone used pnb europe online while being in philippines,to send money to their asawa account in phil, and was it succsesful or blocked for security?

now im back in malaybalay for a while and have a better internet connection using smart bro dongle,

im unsure that if i try the account may get blocked if the site security reads my ip address,

appreciate any opinions :smile:

gWaPito
8th December 2013, 17:09
Stewart. ..I've called Philippine National Bank London from Philippines to transfer back to Phil. .obviously you have to bear in mind office hours in UK are 7 or 8 hours adrift. There was no problem at all apart from the 45 pound phone bill. This was in October last year.

Good luck Stewart

BTW...The £45 phone bill was due to having the misfortune of hooking up with a trainee operator..kept having to repeat everything

Michael Parnham
8th December 2013, 18:44
I'm with PNB and whilst living in Philippines I transferred part of my pension every month from my UK bank to PNB via internet banking, never had a problem even if one or the other was closed it transferred within a few hours. I found it very useful indeed!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
9th December 2013, 15:13
I'm with PNB and whilst living in Philippines I transferred part of my pension every month from my UK bank to PNB via internet banking, never had a problem even if one or the other was closed it transferred within a few hours. I found it very useful indeed!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

was this pnb europe uk rimitence ?

lordna
9th December 2013, 22:03
it seems to read that pnb europe, is only meant to be used to send money from uk to phil,when your actualy in uk,

has anyone used pnb europe online while being in philippines,to send money to their asawa account in phil, and was it succsesful or blocked for security?

now im back in malaybalay for a while and have a better internet connection using smart bro dongle,

im unsure that if i try the account may get blocked if the site security reads my ip address,

appreciate any opinions :smile:

I seem to remember doing this although it would have been in 2011 so a long time ago. If it wasn't that then i did manage to load up a Caxton card while in the Philippines then go to the ATM and draw it out.

imagine
10th December 2013, 00:15
I seem to remember doing this although it would have been in 2011 so a long time ago. If it wasn't that then i did manage to load up a Caxton card while in the Philippines then go to the ATM and draw it out.

no problem with caxton card which i have, but pnb europe rimmitance for large amounts im going to need,

iv used pnb europe rimitance in the months before i left uk and sent to Lolita's pnb account with no problems,
its just i wonder if i remit online while im in phil, will they block my account,

lordna
10th December 2013, 22:29
no problem with caxton card which i have, but pnb europe rimmitance for large amounts im going to need,

iv used pnb europe rimitance in the months before i left uk and sent to Lolita's pnb account with no problems,
its just i wonder if i remit online while im in phil, will they block my account,

Just had a brainwave, which was to check our PNB transactions as i remembered we were in Tacloban during all of August 2011. Sure enough we have 3 transactions, the first before we left on 26/7/11, the second and third on 16/08/11 and 22/08/11 all paying into my wifes BDO account in Tacloban. The transactions were £1000 each time. SO IT DEFINITELY WORKS or did in 2011 and they haven't changed the website i don't think. Hope this helps you.

imagine
11th December 2013, 14:11
Just had a brainwave, which was to check our PNB transactions as i remembered we were in Tacloban during all of August 2011. Sure enough we have 3 transactions, the first before we left on 26/7/11, the second and third on 16/08/11 and 22/08/11 all paying into my wifes BDO account in Tacloban. The transactions were £1000 each time. SO IT DEFINITELY WORKS or did in 2011 and they haven't changed the website i don't think. Hope this helps you.

Michael Parnham
11th December 2013, 14:40
was this pnb europe uk rimitence ?

Yes I called PNB London and they set me up with my internet banking and called in my local bank who also set up my internet banking here in uk. All this was done before I went to Philippines and when I arrived in Dumaguete I opened an a/c with PNB, they then gave me a bank card that I use in ATM's when in Philippines, I now continue transferring money from UK when the exchange rate is good At least £100 at a time, then when we go to Philippines we have no messing about with exchanging currency, by the way PNB charge £5.50 per transfer up to £10,000! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
11th December 2013, 14:42
thanks Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th December 2013, 14:43
Stewart, just transferred some more money today! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th December 2013, 14:48
Also forgot to tell you, if you log on to PNB remittance website you will get the exchange rate and also a couple of boxes to put you a/c name and password in, then you will see all your transactions listed! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
11th December 2013, 23:45
Also forgot to tell you, if you log on to PNB remittance website you will get the exchange rate and also a couple of boxes to put you a/c name and password in, then you will see all your transactions listed! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael, i think what Stewart was really trying to find out was if he could use the UK PNB website WHILST IN THE PHILIPPINES to transfer money using his registered UK card or otherwise to transfer to an account in the Philippines. Fortunately i had done exactly that in 2011 and was able to reference the transactions from then which proved it was possible. Lets hope it still is!

Michael Parnham
12th December 2013, 08:12
Michael, i think what Stewart was really trying to find out was if he could use the UK PNB website WHILST IN THE PHILIPPINES to transfer money using his registered UK card or otherwise to transfer to an account in the Philippines. Fortunately i had done exactly that in 2011 and was able to reference the transactions from then which proved it was possible. Lets hope it still is!

Yes, that's what I do, as long as your registered with PNB London and your UK bank for internet banking. You use your PNB remittance site and your last three digits on the back of your UK debit card for secure access, also both banks will give you all the relevant info and password instructions! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
12th December 2013, 15:01
Yes, that's what I do, as long as your registered with PNB London and your UK bank for internet banking. You use your PNB remittance site and your last three digits on the back of your UK debit card for secure access, also both banks will give you all the relevant info and password instructions! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
thanks michael thats nice and clear :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
12th December 2013, 15:02
thats spot on thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
12th December 2013, 15:51

That reminds me that you WILL need to notify your bank that you will be using your bank card from the Philippines though!

Good!...looks like between us we have that all sorted now!

Michael Parnham
12th December 2013, 23:37
That reminds me that you WILL need to notify your bank that you will be using your bank card from the Philippines though!

Good!...looks like between us we have that all sorted now!

I agree, job well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3: