PDA

View Full Version : My good deed for the day

tiger31
7th December 2013, 11:49
I was visiting my sis n law with my g/f yesterday and she has a wee fishball stall outside her sari sari store. Well I was sitting down next to the stall and this old grandpa came along with his grand daughter and both of them were dressed in rags. Man did I feel sorry for those folks.

Anyway the ol' boy pulled out 20 pesos from his pocket -thats all he had - and bought the little girl some fishball she looked so hungry and pitiful. Well she sat on the curb and scoffed the fishball so I got up and bought a bottle of coke and gave it to her and the smile she gave back was a picture LOL. I also handed her 15 pesos which she promptly went back and bought more fishball with, and gave some to her grandad. I sat back down on my chair and she came running over and kissed me on the cheek and said thankyou lol.

We in the west take so much for granted. We don,t know just how lucky we are are. To see how people live over here just makes me feel rather sad. I could sit there all day and do that for the kids coz it makes me feel good to see that I,ve given a little happiness although not much in money terms to a little kid.

joebloggs
7th December 2013, 12:09
:xxgrinning--00xx3: the littlest things mean alot to some people :wink:

grahamw48
7th December 2013, 12:16
Aww.:bigcry:

What a kind man you are.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
7th December 2013, 12:27
well done Brian,

raynaputi
7th December 2013, 16:40
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Good man, Brian..

Arthur Little
7th December 2013, 18:05
I was visiting my sis n law with my g/f yesterday and she has a wee fishball stall outside her sari sari store. Well I was sitting down next to the stall and this old grandpa came along with his grand daughter and both of them were dressed in rags. Man did I feel sorry for those folks.

Anyway the ol' boy pulled out 20 pesos from his pocket - thats all he had - and bought the little girl some fishball, she looked so hungry and pitiful. Well she sat on the curb and scoffed the fishball so I got up and bought a bottle of coke and gave it to her and the smile she gave back was a picture LOL. I also handed her 15 pesos which she promptly went back and bought more fishball with, and gave some to her grandad. I sat back down on my chair and she came running over and kissed me on the cheek and said thankyou lol.

We in the west take so much for granted. We don,t know just how lucky we are are, to see how people live over here just makes me feel rather sad. I could sit there all day and do that for the kids coz it makes me feel good to see that I,ve given a little happiness although not much in money terms to a little kid.

:wink: ... one good turn deserves ANOTHER!

Have some rep for your kindness to an :olddude: and his grandchild, Brian. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
7th December 2013, 18:14
well done tiger - tried to give you rep but must have given you too much already :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th December 2013, 19:03
:wink: ... one good turn deserves ANOTHER!

Have some rep for your kindness to an :olddude: and his grandchild, Brian. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol: ... if you point your cursor towards the bronze stars - and assorted green & yellow(ish) blobs underneath your username - you'll note the wording now reads: "tiger31 has much to be proud of"....

... which you have! :smile:

gWaPito
7th December 2013, 19:28
You're all:heartshape1::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
7th December 2013, 19:31
well done tiger - tried to give you rep but must have given you too much already :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've got the same response...must share it around

marksroomspain
7th December 2013, 22:13
My rep went through:icon_lol:

But all in all a touching story I just visioned the sadness but also the delight on your face Brian.

Top Man...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
7th December 2013, 22:24
Well done Brian, nice one! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
8th December 2013, 00:55
thanks folks it just makes me feel good that I brought a little smile to that little girl through a little kind act act. she must have been hungry going back for another portion, I only wish i,d taken my camera with me to capture her little smile for ya all it was a picture.

Rosie1958
8th December 2013, 01:25
Well done Brian, it's always lovely to hear about deeds of kindness :appl: